Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp (642 Views)

Plateau Yet To Feel Jonathan’s Impact Despite 1 Million Votes In 2011 – PDP / 2011: Pdp Plans 10-man Panel To Screen Aspirants / 2011: "PDP Must Win Kano, Lagos’" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by OneNaija(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2009
In what may appear as a major political upset in 2011, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] may have ceded the presidential slot to the South East in the next general election. Accordingly, the party said it is the turn of the Igbos to produce the next president at the expiration of the tenure of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

This development may have altered the popular belief that President Yar’Adua will have an automatic ticket in 2011.
Similarly, the party said it had concluded arrangements to summon all its governors to give account of their stewardship as it approaches the next general election. The party is already taking stewardship account from its ministers. No fewer than five ministers had been to the party secretariat to brief the National Working Committee [NWC] of their activities.

The South East zone is therefore expected, according to the PDP, to unite with a view to putting their acts together to clinch the nation’s top post.
“After the presidency moves from the North, after the administration of President Umaru Yar’Adua, we expect it to move to the Southeast. That is the simple truth about it,” Dr Mohammed Bello Haliru, PDP’s Deputy National chairman, declared in Abuja on Thursday when he received the Olokoro community from Abia state, which visited the party’s national secretariat in solidarity with National Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor.

While emphasizing the need for the Igbos to unite to prove they are capable of handling sensitive posts in the country, he added:“there must be unity among the Igbo race to show that they can be trusted with leadership like the Presidency.

“If the Southeast cannot be united behind a leader or their elders, it would be difficult to entrust the Igbo race with leadership when it moves from the North to the Southeast.” Dr. Mohammed Harilu Bello said.
“ We therefore want to remind you that this is the time for you to work for it. We have no doubt in the leadership of an Igbo man, but the Igbo race must unite to show leadership. They must unite to show leadership in PDP and in Nigeria,” he said.
Apparently to re-echo the party’s position, National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Professor Ahmed Alkali said, “this message from the Deputy National Chairman should not be lost on the Igbo race and what it stands for.”

Earlier, Ogbulafor tasked the Olokoro Community in Abia state to ensure that the PDP wins the next governorship election in the state.
“Make sure that by the next election, we get back the state for the PDP. Let it be a task and a challenge that must be accomplished.”

He welcomed the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) National Treasurer who decamped to PDP, stating that the National Working Committee (NWC) under him would always champion qualitative leadership without cost to Nigerians.
Ogbulafor also disclosed that the party had resolved to summon all its state governors to account for their stewardship so far, explaining that the election year is gradually at hand.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/03/national-03-07-2009-01.htm
Re: Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2009
Re: Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by rhymz(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Poster,My broda,i ve read dis too online and I waz thinking abt it.Right Now,d way d PDP is going,I realy don't know whether to trust them or not.It's a good development,if other Nigerians re truely commited to d oness of dis country then they wont oppose it.Although,I ve my reservations abt PDP being d platform for dis but i'll like to give it's leadership d benefit of doubts atleast they re not at war with themselves like in d last dispensation and to a large extent,they ren't in d stronghold of obj and co,there's now a great degree of leadership independence.But then again,these re politicians,they'll say anything to suit thier purpose,letz watch and see how other nigerianz will react to it especially d non-ibos.
Re: Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by holyland: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
This is a good development, PDP is on the right track
Re: Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by Fhemmmy: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2009
Yar'Adua has the right to contest for the 2011 election.
Yar'Adua is still alive and i am sure the guy will even borrow life to live pass that to be able to rule Nigeria till he die.
So the Igbo producing a president in 2011, i think it is nothing but falacy, it cant happen and they need to face reality, the Yoruba has ruled for 8 years and i am sure the North will not let go of the power till they finish their own 8 years and that will last them till 2015.
So i guess Igbo will have to wait till 2015.
Since they have now make it a tribal rotation.
Since they have automatically assume that no other party can rule but PDP.
Re: Igbos To Produce The Next President 2011: Pdp by Tudor6(f): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2009
Bring on anybody whether igbo, yoruba, hausa or isoko, AS LONG AS THEY'RE CAPABLE LEADERS!!

(1) (Reply)

Michael Jackson And The Paradox Of The Nigerian State / Ribadu Says He's Not Afraid To Appear In Court / A Rejoinder To The Questions Raised On Factsnigeria.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.