Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! (5688 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Praise The Lord! The Devil Has Been Exposed Finally!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, help me and rejoice with me. I have finally defeated the religious shackles on me and became an Atheist today. Nobody should come here and preach to me how my soul is lost. I dont think any of you has been more spiritual than me before. I am an ex-seminarian born into a Catholic family, left the Catholic church in search of internal peace due to so many diabolic things happening there, went to protestantism and experienced criminality and evil first hand, tried to join muslim and it only took sound logic to convince me that they are worse off.

In the coming week, watch out for my diary where I will explain my sojourn in Christendom, expose the Catholic church and what is really going on there, expose the Protestants for what they really are and how they chain people... Then tell you how I came to the belief that there is no God or god, no heaven or hell or spirits whatsoever. Just watch out....

Soonest, I will be migrating to America or Europe to join the progressives there and discover how to help humanity and better our lives on earth (because this may be all we get after all)... If not for us, at least for our offsprings and future generations.

N.B Ideas That Motivated My Change

(1) I dont believe man was created on purpose. I see man as a mistake of the universe and nature because if you trace back properly, you will discover that the first and early man was no better than an animal eating grass and crawling on the ground before "it" evolved to this level.

(2) I dont believe in the existence of heaven or hell again because if heaven is so "perfect", why is the so called god still creating human beings to come and suffer here? Even after his so called son died and atoned for the sins of humanity? Why create bad people like Boko Haram and Hitler to come and terrorise people even in his so called omnisciency? Or is he no longer omniscient (all knowing)?

(3) Finally, if you believe in the existence of a god (deity) out there, who created it? Theists will argue it has been for long and was uncreated? If you can believe that there is an uncreated deity out there who has been for long, why can't you believe that man was uncreated and has always been? Or why cant we believe the universe has always been and was uncreated?

(4) Why would my father give 500,000 (five hundred thousand) to the catholic church to buy a golden cross from Italy whereas his brother is suffering in the village? How do we know the stuff hanging on that cross is Jesus? Why is Jesus always painted white? When an average jewish man not to talk of an itinerant one like Jesus is far from white? How did we come to the conclusion that jesus is the son of god? Because the roman empire propagated the story to save their dying empire?

(5) Again, if there is any deity or god out there (I am not certain for sure), I think its very far from what we know, see or perceive it as. I see this world more as a system controlled and regulated by nature itself.

(6) Futhermore, if Satan is responsible for all the ills in the world as human beings usually claim, why can't an omnipotent god who they said created it, kill it with a snap of his fingers? Or is satan a universal scape goat created by human beings in their own minds to always accuse of their irresponsibilities and wrong doings? Why has all the "Holy Ghost" fires human beings have screamed for thousands of years not killed it yet?

(7) Finally, I have not attended church in the past 9 months and I have never known internal peace like this. I feel so free and happy with my life. I now know what it means to be a human being.

Seun Lasticlala

Nairaland atheists... Welcome a brother!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Oh lord embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
Oh lord embarassed embarassed
Why the face bro?
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sorry about your experiences bro, i might not know how you feel but i understand your points, hevean, hell, judgement, GOD, JESUS are all real.. I know there are definitely accursed children in the church and they have a destination:HELL. But i would not want you to follow that path because you are angry, God loves you and deep down you know He does. JESUS IS COMING BACK, to judge all.... Rethink on your decisions and ask Him to show you the way because He is THE WAY and i believe He will. God bless you brother...

4 Likes

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by exentric(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
Okay i wont lie i share the same perspectives...except i do believe there is a God i just dont believe in any religion as a means of serving him, I worship God by helping people, having an open free heart (never judging or stereotyping people)...and i do believe my sins and flaws are my mistake
and i dont give a shit about the afterlife...people have so much faith in a world that exist after they die instead of trying to make the one they live in a better haven for kids and family that keep coming forth. smiley tell me more about how i can help make the world a better place... I saw the Picture of a woman helping to save nigerian kids from what we call "witchcraft and wizardry" she was covered in tattoos and she completely marvelled me.... I want to help the world... really really help it. Investing in children is investing in the future of the world. wink

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
[b]Being an atheist is nothing to celebrate.

It isn't easy to take that step out of the only thing most humans are relying on for survival... hope.

Like I always say, atheism is a bitter pill to swallow. If you have to accept that the world is not designed or formed, you need more than blind faith to do this,. While accepting the opposite is easier. It's in the nature of men to see patterns in everything... God.

However, you can't dispute the Teleological argument, as it still holds some strong points.

Thus leading to my position, agnostism.
No one knows for sure if there is a maker or not.

You can choose to belong on either side. But one thing I'm certain of is that "no one knows nothing about any creator".

People are easily deceived because they hope... they hope it can't be just a mistake. As a matter of fact, people who have angaged in deep thoughts and research about the origin of the universe and still remain religious chose to be deceived, at least they find solace in being told than finding out nothing.

Don't imagine a theist has never towed the thought that leads to atheism, but their hope in a better life beyond this "god-forsaken world" is only stronger.[/b]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by plaetton: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Welcome to mental Sovereignty, where you see the mechanics of the universe, of existence, from a much clearer vantage point.

The mental clarity itself is it's own reward.

Welcome to the universe of unlimited potential.
No More blame game, no more devil, no more emotional blackmails.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Mustiboy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Guy, you're brave o. U just defied the Almighty.
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by hahn(m): 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Op, if you live close to Ijaniki holla back make you come do orijin for me. Cheers to emancipation from mental slavery grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by exentric(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pyrrho:
[b]Being an atheist is nothing to celebrate.

It isn't easy to take that step out of the only thing most humans are relying on for survival... hope.

Like I always say, atheism is a bitter pill to swallow. If you have to accept that the world is not designed or formed, you need more than blind faith to do this,. While accepting the opposite is easier. It's in the nature of men to see patterns in everything... God.

However, you can't dispute the Teleological argument, as it still holds some strong points.

Thus leading to my position, agnostism.
No one knows for sure if there is a maker or not.

You can choose to belong on either side. But one thing I'm certain of is that "no one knows nothing about any creator".

People are easily deceived because they hope... they hope it can't be just a mistake. As a matter of fact, people who have angaged in deep thoughts and research about the origin of the universe and still remain religious chose to be deceived, at least they find solace in being told than finding out nothing.

Don't imagine a theist has never towed the thought that leads to atheism, but their hope in a better life beyond this "god-forsaken world" is only stronger.[/b]
i guess i'm Agnostic...wait i dont have to be anything. i just believe the world needs serious healing and instead of all of us doing that for the world;Most are to busy "hoping" and praying help comes from above embarassed

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Peritus(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
The ills in churches do not negate the existence of God. It's just devil's effort to deny people God's promise, starting from those who are close to being saved. Well, enjoy your life of emptiness. I pray the Holy spirit to occupy and erase your doubts.
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by patrickmuf(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
exentric:
Okay i wont lie i share the same perspectives...except i do believe there is a God i just dont believe in any religion as a means of serving him, I worship God by helping people, having an open free heart (never judging or stereotyping people)...and i do believe my sins and flaws are my mistake
and i dont give a shit about the afterlife...people have so much faith in a world that exist after they die instead of trying to make the one they live in a better haven for kids and family that keep coming forth. smiley tell me more about how i can help make the world a better place... I saw the Picture of a woman helping to save nigerian kids from what we call "witchcraft and wizardry" she was covered in tattoos and she completely marvelled me.... I want to help the world... really really help it. Investing in children is investing in the future of the world. wink
We are alike in our views...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by onetrack(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice to see another throw off the mental chains of religion. I am an agnostic atheist, that is, I lack belief in any gods but I am always open to real evidence that there is one. But certainly these religions are all man-made and are used to control people.

Depending on where you are, being atheist can be quite difficult, so it's not always a joyous occasion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
exentric:

i guess i'm Agnostic...wait i dont have to be anything. i just believe the world needs serious healing and instead of all of us doing that for the world;Most are to busy "hoping" and praying help comes from above embarassed
You are so on point.
We all just have to accept what is. We are here right here and right now.
The best we can do is make our lives less horrible, and enjoy what we can.

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by maddman: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
@johnydon22

show face
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by CoolUsername: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by CoolUsername: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Why doesn't OP ever deliver?

[comment removed by moderator]

OP, please deliver.
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by histemple: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
I so much believe that there is a higher being and in my definition, that is my God whom I serve daily and allow myself to be used by him to answer the prayers and aspirations of the downtrodden and the needy. And these I must continue to do as long as I am enabled and blessed to be the blessing.

However, I must admit with heavy heart that the preposterous disposition of religious people doesn't help to project their God in a positive light. These ignorant people always cover realities with religion and cover their deficiency with doctrines thereby discouraging so much people in confusion and frustration.

E.g How can a student start praying for success instead of reading for exams?
How can super eagles be praying to win a match for which they never adequately prepared? Does it mean their opponents are enemies of God.

The self acclaimed pastors, apostles e.t.c are not even helping people to believe and love God. How can a CD of the gospel be sold for 450 while Davido sells his for 100 and you want people to stop listening to circular music.
How can the same anointed water of 200 be sold in the church for 2,500 because it contains healing power that you claimed was freely given to you?

They have so much hypnotized the masses to the point that every African believes that there is a devil somewhere responsible for his/her misfortunes while anything God is as a result of the miracle from the powers of the pastor often referred to as DADDY.

Why is it that Africa has the highest concentration of churches but evil is increasing per second?

4 Likes

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by histemple: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
I so much believe that there is a higher being and in my definition, that is my God whom I shall serve daily and must deliberately allow myself to be used by Him to answer the prayers and aspirations of the downtrodden and the needy. And these I must continue to do as long as I am enabled and blessed to be the blessing.

However, I must admit with heavy heart that the preposterous disposition of religious people doesn't help to project their God in a positive light. These ignorant people always cover realities with religion and cover their deficiency with doctrines thereby discouraging so much people in confusion and frustration.

E.g How can a student start praying for success instead of reading for exams?
How can super eagles be praying to win a match for which they never adequately prepared? Does it mean their opponents are enemies of God.

How can the people believe that a man who was born blind suddenly regained his sight for the first time and was able to identify colours? Who taught him colours?

The self acclaimed pastors, apostles e.t.c are not even helping people to believe and love God. How can a CD of the gospel be sold for 450 while Davido sells his for 100 and you want people to stop listening to circular music.
How can the same anointed water of 200 be sold in the church for 2,500 because it contains healing power that you claimed was freely given to you?

They have so much hypnotized the masses to the point that every African believes that there is a devil somewhere responsible for his/her misfortunes while the arrival of anything good is as a result of the miracle from the powers of the pastor often referred to as DADDY.

If not for hypnotism how can a pastor who couldn't save his marriage (divorced) have the moral justification to stand on the pulpit and be counselling intending couples?

Bill Gates doesn't even go to church yet he is the richest man on the planet earth.
Aliko Dangote is not even a christian yet he is the richest man in the African continent.
Does it mean there are no witches and devil in their villages?
An average Nigerian prefers to go to a pastor for miracle of wealth instead of developing himself and working hard.

Why is it that Africa has the highest concentration of churches but evil is increasing per second?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
plaetton:
Welcome to mental Sovereignty, where you see the mechanics of the universe, of existence, from a much clearer vantage point.

The mental clarity itself is it's own reward.

Welcome to the universe of unlimited potential.
No More blame game, no more devil, no more emotional blackmails.

I have never been so happy in my life dear. I feel so free to harness my potential and be responsible for all my actions....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by herald9: 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
It takes trickles to make a pond....
Bit by bit, we are getting there...
No matter how long it takes...
Africa shall be free.. cheesy
Welcome!

2 Likes

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by HCpaul(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
You leaved a religion and only to see you joining another religion.
Haven't you heard that atheism is a religion.
Well, eternity will judge.

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by malvisguy212: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
iamexcelblog:

I have never been so happy in my life dear. I feel so free to harness my potential and be responsible for all my actions....

the mystery surrounding this universe, supernatural happening, dreams and sooo many things I've come across , NO there must be God, God is their. No wonder the Bible says, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'" (Ps. 14:1) A person has to intentionally fail to use his mind and logic in order to come up with the ludicrous conclusion that God does not exist. If God does not exist, how does one explain the fact that the universe exists, unless a person wants to deny the existence of the universe?

The Apostle Paul puts it this way,

"The invisible things about Him—His eternal power and deity—have been clearly seen since the creation of the world and are understood by the things that are made,so that they are without excuse" (Rom 1:20). Paul is saying the fact that the "creation" exists means the "Creator" exists. You cannot have one without the other.
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
iamexcelblog:
Hello Nairalanders, help me and rejoice with me. I have finally defeated the religious shackles on me and became an Atheist today. Nobody should come here and preach to me how my soul is lost. I dont think any of you has been more spiritual than me before. I am an ex-seminarian born into a Catholic family, left the Catholic church in search of internal peace due to so many diabolic things happening there, went to protestantism and experienced criminality and evil first hand, tried to join muslim and it only took sound logic to convince me that they are worse off.

In the coming week, watch out for my diary where I will explain my sojourn in Christendom, expose the Catholic church and what is really going on there, expose the Protestants for what they really are and how they chain people... Then tell you how I came to the belief that there is no God or god, no heaven or hell or spirits whatsoever. Just watch out....

Soonest, I will be migrating to America or Europe to join the progressives there and discover how to help humanity and better our lives on earth (because this may be all we get after all)... If not for us, at least for our offsprings and future generations.

N.B Ideas That Motivated My Change

(1) I dont believe man was created on purpose. I see man as a mistake of the universe and nature because if you trace back properly, you will discover that the first and early man was no better than an animal eating grass and crawling on the ground before "it" evolved to this level.

(2) I dont believe in the existence of heaven or hell again because if heaven is so "perfect", why is the so called god still creating human beings to come and suffer here? Even after his so called son died and atoned for the sins of humanity? Why create bad people like Boko Haram and Hitler to come and terrorise people even in his so called omnisciency? Or is he no longer omniscient (all knowing)?

(3) Finally, if you believe in the existence of a god (deity) out there, who created it? Theists will argue it has been for long and was uncreated? If you can believe that there is an uncreated deity out there who has been for long, why can't you believe that man was uncreated and has always been? Or why cant we believe the universe has always been and was uncreated?

(4) Why would my father give 500,000 (five hundred thousand) to the catholic church to buy a golden cross from Italy whereas his brother is suffering in the village? How do we know the stuff hanging on that cross is Jesus? Why is Jesus always painted white? When an average jewish man not to talk of an itinerant one like Jesus is far from white? How did we come to the conclusion that jesus is the son of god? Because the roman empire propagated the story to save their dying empire?

(5) Again, if there is any deity or god out there (I am not certain for sure), I think its very far from what we know, see or perceive it as. I see this world more as a system controlled and regulated by nature itself.

(6) Futhermore, if Satan is responsible for all the ills in the world as human beings usually claim, why can't an omnipotent god who they said created it, kill it with a snap of his fingers? Or is satan a universal scape goat created by human beings in their own minds to always accuse of their irresponsibilities and wrong doings? Why has all the "Holy Ghost" fires human beings have screamed for thousands of years not killed it yet?

(7) Finally, I have not attended church in the past 9 months and I have never known internal peace like this. I feel so free and happy with my life. I now know what it means to be a human being.

Seun Lasticlala

Nairaland atheists... Welcome a brother!

Lol. Been there done that. That peace u talked about, experienced it too.... But id give u sometime ud realise the confusions of being athiest is worse off.

Honestly theres a God, ud know soon. And if the lifestyles of westerners fool u, most of em believe in God but their society is so easy they dont actively pay servitude (if uve travvelled as a devout christian, u can relate that the fun nd ease makes one forget about God easily).....

But all in all, theres a God, there is a spirit realm, there are demons, there are angels..... Ive seen a healthy man go blind inone morning, ive seen people being charmed, ive seen a mentally insane getting delivered.....

All those men, great nd small who worship spirits know wats up.....

Its just d reality that therez more to life and being on Gods side is better

4 Likes

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Abyolah: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
you just said whats on my mind bro and i believe there are supreme being n beings up living their life like we do down here .... .like i always tell my folks, the world we live in is like a barrack, so many people have been here, more people are coming and more will still come..... to the Op, my only advice for you since you ve now found peace is; forget the past, look for good in others n love your neighbour as you love yourself...above all, make a "positive" impact...

exentric:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by naijapips02: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
dude you are not yet an atheist if you believe some persons can chain people.
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Amberon: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
oo
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Intresting..............
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by sonofthunder: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
prodigal son

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
naijapips02:
dude you are not yet an atheist if you believe some persons can chain people.

Bro, when I talk of "chains", I mean in the physical context. I never meant anything spiritual. Or ar u not aware that people can be chained mentally? Thats what am talking about! Most times, the chaining can also be cheap blackmail. I use to have a friend who was a protestant. She was confessed on their altar. Years later, she became uncomfortable with the Church's way of doing things. When she wanted to leave their church, they resorted to cheap blackmail. They threathened to reveal her confessions on the Church's magazines. Those are few examples of the chaining I was referring to... Nothing spiritual!
Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thanks universe for this amazing life of foolery and delusion and sadness ahead grin

1 Like

Re: Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! by analice107: 1:43am On Feb 08, 2016
The FOOL, just confirmed again the prophecies of Jesus Christ. because iniquity shall increase, many shall be offended and shall fall away from the faith. They shall become lovers of themselves and haters of God.

And will visit the iniquities of those who hate me, on their third to their fourth generation.
O Lord, this fool doesn't know what he has just done to his children four hundred years down the line. I pray a car hits you down tomorrow so that you can die without raising any children to inherit your sins.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Understanding Religious Delusions. / A Non Muslim Walking Into Mosque For Help / Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.