Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,778 members, 7,844,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? (1582 Views)

What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? / What Do You Enjoy In Music-the Beat Or The Lyrics / The Song 'igwe' By Midnight Crew. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by Falciparum(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2006
i was just wondering. just wanted to know cause i feel some songs were motivated by the beats and some lyrics just needed some kind of beats to go for them.
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by smartsoft(m): 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2006
my bro beat comes frist men let me tell you one secret if you have a nice beat, i tell you will be able to compose 100songs with different version to that beat. but in most cases artist compose songs before beat. so anyone could come first
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by layi(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2006
@ smartsoft

I diagree because it could work both ways. A good song should be very pleasing to the ears even without beats. Why do we have acapalle versionĀ  of some hit songs?
If the song is nice, it could have 100s of beats to go with it.

Personally i think its both. If you've got a nice beat, use it to write a lovely song, then remove the beats and sing the song. If it still sounds nice, then you've hit it. Studio straight up!
I'm a professional singer with over 70 songs and a record deal with Morada Music USA in d offing.
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by smartsoft(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2006
@layi Can you read my post very well and get back to me huh ?
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by layi(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2006
Nah, u just added the last part
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by whateva(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2007
YOU SEE CREATIVITY IN A SONG WITHOUT AN INSTRUMENTAL ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SONG IS SO NICE WITHOUT INSTRUMENTAL.
IN THE OTHER HAND WHEN YOU HAVE A NICE BEAT WOW THAT IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING GOOD COZ GOOD INSTRUMENTAL TENDS TO MAKE YOU BRING OUT THE BEST IN YOU.
ANY COMES FIRST THOUGH.
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by iice(f): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2007
Either way works. . .
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by sylvex(f): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2007
the lyrics then the beat
Re: What Comes First The Beat Or The Song? by Busta(f): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2007
iice:

Either way works. . .

yup!

(1) (Reply)

Owl City. -adam Randall Young-. / Music Alert! Kalokalo | Bet9ja Money / Falz Ft Demmie Vee- Hypocrite(audio & Lyrics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.