Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? (1329 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2009
What's going on with the Republican party?

Wise move? Running for Senate? Or some skeletons in the closet ready to hop out? Or concern for her family?

Very interesting.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by tpiah: 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
interesting!
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by preselect(m): 4:02am On Jul 04, 2009
this is sad sad
there is no more palin to make fun of sad

now the democrats have a real problem b/c the republicans will present more serious opposition grin
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by NegroNtns(m): 4:14am On Jul 04, 2009
If there is anything I will advise Governor Palin to do in the short term, it will be to take breathing lessons. It is not the speech that wows the audience, it is the ryhthym in the delivery. . .the pace of the breathe interspersed with the vocal of the words. Sarah Palin has a high pitch in her voice. . .this is a great asset, but her pace is rushed. I know she is coming back soon for 2012. . .she needs a new voice signature to give audience ears a "turn-on".
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 4:22am On Jul 04, 2009
@topic,

I listened to her resignation speech partly and I have my ideas about why she is quitting.

She clearly stated she had fulfilled all her campaign promises in two years as against the four anticipated. This might just be a good time for her to bow out so her accomplishment isn't tarnished by some missteps. I think its all political with the intention of running for the open senate seat in 2010 and eventually running for the presidency in 2012. If she fails to run, then all eyes must be on my main guy, Romney!
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 04, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

If there is anything I will advise Governor Palin to do in the short term, it will be to take breathing lessons.  It is not the speech that wows the audience, it is the ryhthym in the delivery. . .the pace of the breathe interspersed with the vocal of the words.  Sarah Palin has a high pitch in her voice. . .this is a great asset, but her pace is rushed.  I know she is coming back soon for 2012. . .she needs a new voice signature to give audience ears a "turn-on".

this is utter rubbish. It wasnt Palin's voice or breathlessness that has dogged her since last yr, its the fact that she's woefully ignorant of anything outside "energy" and Alaska.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

I listened to her resignation speech partly and I have my ideas about why she is quitting.

She clearly stated she had fulfilled all her campaign promises in two years as against the four anticipated. This might just be a good time for her to bow out so her accomplishment isn't tarnished by some missteps. I think its all political with the intention of running for the open senate seat in 2010 and eventually running for the presidency in 2012. If she fails to run, then all eyes must be on my main guy, Romney!

Anyone advising her to run in 2012 is simply helping dig her political grave. She is best served going for the 2010 senate seat and waiting till 2016. Tim Pawlenty has a better chance for 2012, Romney will never win the republican nomination.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 4:27am On Jul 04, 2009
@davidylan,

Anyone advising her to run in 2012 is simply helping dig her political grave. She is best served going for the 2010 senate seat and waiting till 2016. Tim Pawlenty has a better chance for 2012, Romney will never win the republican nomination.
I disagree. Like Obama, Palin has the power to draw a crowd and attract a die-hard following. It's not about what they both know, its about the numbers of people they can attract. I still maintain the position that the only person capable of mounting a serious challenge against Obama in the RNC is Palin.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@davidylan,
I disagree. Like Obama, Palin has the power to draw a crowd and attract a die-hard following. It's not about what they both know, its about the numbers of people they can attract. I still maintain the position that the only person capable of mounting a serious challenge against Obama in the RNC is Palin.

If she's the only person the RNC has to offer then Obama is assured of 2 terms in office. Palin can draw the "base" but what else?
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 4:30am On Jul 04, 2009
@Davidylan,

If she's the only person the RNC has to offer then Obama is assured of 2 terms in office. Palin can draw the "base" but what else?
Isn't the base enough? The last election was close despite the fact that many in the base failed to vote because of their concerns about McCain who they consider no differnet than the average Democrat. Get the base and leave the rest to Obama's missteps while in Office. That is the winning strategy!
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Isn't the base enough? The last election was close despite the fact that many in the base failed to vote because of their concerns about McCain who they consider no differnet than the average Democrat. Get the base and leave the rest to Obama's missteps while in Office. That is the winning strategy!

Palin wont win in 2012 . . . that's a fact. The last election was "close" simply because there were a whole lot who voted along color lines. Lets face facts, if Obama were white he'd have beaten McCain by an embarrassingly wide margin.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 4:34am On Jul 04, 2009
@topic,

Palin wont win in 2012 . . . that's a fact. The last election was "close" simply because there were a whole lot who voted along color lines. Lets face facts, if Obama were white he'd have beaten McCain by an embarrassingly wide margin.
Would you say the same in his contest agianst Hillary? Why do you guys have to always think about Race? It remains a political tool in the hands of the DNC despite the fact that a black guy is now the president of the US!
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,
Would you say the same in his contest agianst Hillary? Why do you guys have to always think about Race? It remains a political tool in the hands of the DNC despite the fact that a black guy is now the president of the US!

We always have to think about race because . . . unlike those of you who pretend that the world is just one beautiful garden full of roses, race is still a major but well hidden factor in American politics. Obama beat Clinton for one reason only . . . the democrats awarded delegates very differently such that even though Clinton won in Texas, Obama got more delegates. Had it been the winner-takes-all approach like the republicans, the race would have been over by super tuesday.

So lets stop pretending that race aint a factor here. The black guy being president did not suddenly throw stormfront.org out of business . . . infact on the day Obama was elected, more than 2000 new members joined and the FBI has announced an unprecendented rise in gun purchase and domestic threats.

Those are FACTS! You cant hide them with flowery nonsense.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 4:54am On Jul 04, 2009
@Davidylan,

Since the issue of Race is such a big factor to you, would Rush be right then to declare that the only reason why Collin Powell voted for Obama was because of Race? If anyone showed racial tendencies in the last election, it was the Blacks and not Whites. While I don't have any statistics to prove it, I wont be surprised if no less than 95% Blacks voted for Obama. If the same percentage of Whites voted for McCain, Obama would have stood no chance at all.

With all the stories you wrote about the DNC primaries versus the RNC, how does that relate to the issue of Race that you have said was in the center of the election?

The spike in gun purchase only stems from the fear that Obama is no friend of the second ammendment. Period.

If anyone has shown any violent tendencies with respect to Race, it is the Left and not the Right. Rev Wright recently talked about Jews keeping him away from Obama. Little wonder Jew haters will go to the Holocaust Museum to kill innocent victims.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,

Since the issue of Race is such a big factor to you, would Rush be right then to declare that the only reason why Collin Powell voted for Obama was because of Race? If anyone showed racial tendencies in the last election, it was the Blacks and not Whites. While I don't have any statistics to prove it, I wont be surprised if no less than 95% Blacks voted for Obama. If the same percentage of Whites voted for McCain, Obama would have stood no chance at all.

With all the stories you wrote about the DNC primaries versus the RNC, how does that relate to the issue of Race that you have said was in the center of the election?

The spike in gun purchase only stems from the fear that Obama is no friend of the second ammendment. Period.

If anyone has shown any violent tendencies with respect to Race, it is the Left and not the Right. Rev Wright recently talked about Jews keeping him away from Obama. Little wonder Jew haters will go to the Holocaust Museum to kill innocent victims.

That's utter rubbish again. You care to know the percentage of blacks that voted for Clinton too? They were in the 90% bracket too . . . i didnt know Bill was black. Blacks have traditionally voted democrat so what are you talking about? My brother quit defending the ridiculous pls, it just takes your stock down a notch each time.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by preselect(m): 5:06am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

haha ha ha ha ha ha . . . thank God i heard the news in time, and listened to the resignation speech b4 the spin masters come to spin the news . . . ha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin

she fulfilled her campaign promises in 2yrs . . . hmmm, let me see . . . .either alaska is now a paradise that she needs no further action, or she promised very little/next to nothing which was easily fulfilled grin grin grin grin

i miss her though. she was fun to watch grin
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 5:13am On Jul 04, 2009
@Davidylan,

I am not here to please you or anybody, so what you think of my 'stock' is irrelevant. Your personality keeps getting very toxic and that's beginning to bother me.

Your arguments are just getting very lame. Did Clinton run against a black man? You still have failed to throw more light on the accusation you made earlier.  If Race was such a factor in the last election, what part did it play in the contest between Hillary and Obama? Your caustic responses seems to be an attempt to sidestep this issue.

So is Collin Powell a Democrat to vote for Obama, and to publicly annouce his decision at a point that would deal a blow to McCain's campaign?
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 5:23am On Jul 04, 2009
I agree with you Negro_Ntns. However, I think that is just one of her many quirks.

Palin's approach is certainly not business as usual; she never ceases to amaze. I have listened to her 'resignation speech' several times and there is just a very unsatisfactory feeling it leaves me with. She very obviously skirts around her exact reasons for resigning. She claims she is making a decision that is best for Alaska; to save Alaska money; because the media is 'attacking' her kids; because she polled her kids and they said she should; because she does not want to be a lame-duck governor; and because she can help and influence issues more from the outside. That list is an abridged version of her reasons or better still pseudo-reasons; I am not quite sure who is buys any of them.

I guess if Gov Palin became VP, very important national matters would have been taken to the ultimate council of teenage and preteen kids. Imagine! "Hey kids, hold-up your paddles; are you for or against sanctioning North Korea?" OR VP Palin would say, "Those Middle Eastern nut-heads are talking about my family again, I am just going to resign and um, try to change the country and world from outside the political establishment."

Palin's move, however calculated it may be, reeks of irresponsibility and immaturity. I cannot help but see her as being unable to handle the consequences of her decisions. She chose to run for governor and is now quitting. She is quitting!
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,

I am not here to please you or anybody, so what you think of my 'stock' is irrelevant. Your personality keeps getting very toxic and that's beginning to bother me.

Your arguments are just getting very lame. Did Clinton run against a black man? You still have failed to throw more light on the accusation you made earlier.  If Race was such a factor in the last election, what part did it play in the contest between Hillary and Obama? Your caustic responses seems to be an attempt to sidestep this issue.

So is Collin Powell a Democrat to vote for Obama, and to publicly annouce his decision at a point that would deal a blow to McCain's campaign?

Again you make a pointless argument. Lets trim the fat and get to the issues:

1. Bill Clinton didnt run against a black man . . . in his first presidential race he got 82% of the black vote, Al Gore got 90% of the black vote in 2000. Where they both black men? That shld indicate that white or black candidates aside, blacks have ALWAYS overwhelming voted democrat so its no surprise that Obama got up to 95% of the black vote this last election cycle. Nothing to do with race here.

2. This is a 2008 NYT article that quoted a CBS poll where up to 15% of whites openly declared they wouldnt vote for a black candidate irrespective of policy or party affiliation.

3. I already addressed the issue of race in the Obama-Clinton primary and you of course IGNORED IT. Let me repeat again . . . Obama won the democratic primary because of the way delegates were awarded. He won the smaller caucus states while Hillary took all the big swing states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Carlifornia, Texas). Now if the DNC had awarded delegates in a winner-takes-all fashion like the RNC, Hillary would have wrapped up the nomination way back in February! That race was a major factor in the DNC primary race was made all the more obvious in situations were exit polls had Obama leading by sometimes double digit margins only for him to lose the actual race by double digits!

Do i have to repeat this again and again?

4. Collin Powell is one person . . . who he chose to vote for is irrelevant here. I wonder why that is your only example.

5. Lets face it . . . RACE is the only reason the Obama-McCain presidential race was almost a dead heat up until the economic crisis of september (i think). For a nation under the strain of 2 unnecessary republican wars and in an economic crisis . . . if Hillary had been the Democratic candidate, McCain would have stood absolutely no chance. But of course you can continue waving your merry flags.

My personality aint toxic, i'm just allergic to slow people who cant handle facts. It shldnt bother you because i'm not here to pls anyone either.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 04, 2009
Dr D-Welz:

I agree with you Negro_Ntns. However, I think that is just one of her many quirks.

Palin's approach is certainly not business as usual; she never ceases to amaze. I have listened to her 'resignation speech' several times and there is just a very unsatisfactory feeling it leaves me with. She very obviously skirts around her exact reasons for resigning. She claims she is making a decision that is best for Alaska; to save Alaska money; because the media is 'attacking' her kids; because she polled her kids and they said she should; because she does not want to be a lame-duck governor; and because she can help and influence issues more from the outside. That list is an abridged version of her reasons or better still pseudo-reasons; I am not quite sure who is buys any of them.

I guess if Gov Palin became VP, very important national matters would have been taken to the ultimate council of teenage and preteen kids. Imagine! "Hey kids, hold-up your paddles; are you for or against sanctioning North Korea?" OR VP Palin would say, "Those Middle Eastern nut-heads are talking about my family again, I am just going to resign and um, try to change the country and world from outside the political establishment."

Palin's move, however calculated it may be, reeks of irresponsibility and immaturity. I cannot help but see her as being unable to handle the consequences of her decisions. She chose to run for governor and is now quitting. She is quitting!

That portion made me laugh! grin

I dont think she resigned because she couldnt handle the pressure, i think she has a political reason for doing so and i would want to safely bet she has her eye on a more federal role (senate 2010?). Face it, sitting pretty as governor of Alaska isnt going to do her a lot of good if she aims to take another shot at the presidency, i'm sure other Republican contenders are already oiling their machines in time for 2012. tim Pawlenty, Romney . . . look to have started the ground work already.

I think she's going to be more in the public eye now that she is relatively free. How she handles it is of course another matter.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 5:30am On Jul 04, 2009
@Dr D-Welz,

If I recall corectly, Palin siad something like this: "When you make a decision, you don't need to explain to your friends or your enemies. Your friends don't need the expalnation and your enemies wont believe you anyway."

There were arguments at the last election that she was an irresponsible mother for running for office despite her family situaion. and here we see someone condemning her for seemingly putting her family first ahead of her political ambition. what can a girl do?
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 5:40am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

If I recall corectly, Palin siad something like this: "When you make a decision, you don't need to explain to your friends or your enemies. Your friends don't need the expalnation and your enemies wont believe you anyway."

There were arguments at the last election that she was an irresponsible mother for running for office despite her family situaion. and here we see someone condemning her for seemingly putting her family first ahead of her political ambition. what can a girl do?

I really want to believe that she is putting her family first. But unfortunately, she also made the decision a while back to be Gov of Alaska.

If it is indeed a political move, like most think. Then she is just being plain deceptive like many of the slimy politician she detests.

And I am not looking to be convinced; I am just asking for some plain talk and direct addressing of her reasons for quitting.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2009
@Davidylan,

I wonder who is slow at all.  Did you read the article you posted? Only 5% of Whites said they would not vote for a Black person.  Compare that to 89% of Blacks who declared they will be voting for Obama.  The 15% you mentioned is only a projection by the author based on the perception of the respondents regarding the voting choices of their friends. How can that be the basis for an intelligent conslusion?

I mentioned Powell because he is one public figure, and a black Republican to publicly endorse someone who stands opposite to his core belief. He expressed dissatisfaction at Obama's big govt program and over-spending this past week. Why did he chose Obama over mcCain even though he knwos the glaring diffenrence between both. could it be Race? Could he be a clear representation of what the Black community is all about?
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 5:50am On Jul 04, 2009
@Dr D-Walz,

So what is your point? Running for office should be left to singles? Things change and the Press has been especially mean to her. Could she have imagined when she became Governor that the Left will be so mean? Isn't that the politics of personal destruction she was refering to?

I don't thing she can explain everything in a press conference. We'll know more as the day passes. I don't believe she is any different from most poltiicinas. They all seek their self-interest first. The question I ask myself in judging them is if their policies are for my own good. I do not begrudge them for seeking their self-interest. We all do.

She gave a lot of reasons. Pick the one you like best. One reason may be more weighty than others, but all of them seem to have been contributing factors.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

I mentioned Powell because he is one public figure, and a black Republican to publicly endorse someone who stands opposite to his core belief. He expressed dissatisfaction at Obama's big govt program and over-spending this past week. Why did he chose Obama over mcCain even though he knwos the glaring diffenrence between both. could it be Race? Could he be a clear representation of what the Black community is all about?

Didn't Powell give an explanation of why he supported Obama? Tayo-D a quick search of Youtube will certainly refresh your memory.

The real issue here is how far over the cliff the Republican party has drifted. Powell, a reasoning person, who happens to be African American could not keep wallowing bonkers that has become mainstream in the party.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,

I wonder who is slow at all.  Did you read the article you posted? Only 5% of Whites said they would not vote for a Black person.  Compare that to 89% of Blacks who declared they will be voting for Obama.  The 15% you mentioned is only a projection by the author based on the perception of the respondents regarding the voting choices of their friends. How can that be the basis for an intelligent conslusion?

Again you miss the point by a wide margin.

1. We both know that when the question was rephrased to ask if they know someone who would not vote for Obama based on color . . . the stat jumped from 5 to 19%. Based also on the fact that we already know from experience that a lot of racists actually lie on polls, the 15% statistic looked more realistic. Please look up the Bradley effect on wikipedia.

Here is a WallStreet Journal article addressing this issue.

2. Again you mention the tired old stuff about 89% of blacks voting for Obama . . . i repeat AGAIN, 90% of blacks voted for Gore in 2000, was Gore black too? What is the percentage of blacks that have traditionally voted republican?

3. Again you overestimate Powell's contribution to Obama's election . . . what of the hillary supporters who overwhelming switched support to McCain because Hillary lost the primary? Where they voting based on principle? Afterall Hillary's policies were essentially the same as Obama's?
You cant keep harping on one side of the coin while glaringly ignoring the other.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 6:04am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

So what is your point? Running for office should be left to singles? Things change and the Press has been especially mean to her. Could she have imagined when she became Governor that the Left will be so mean? Isn't that the politics of personal destruction she was refering to?

My point is that she chose to be thrust into the national public limelight. Her very short-sighted search for selfish, sorry, self-interest actualization was a path she chose. She has not stopped to parade her family in front of cameras; and she has also decided not to keep her mouth shut. So I am confused about her whining that the media has not let her family rest. She should be woman enough to complete her term and face whatever consequences of her actions rather than becoming a crybaby mid-game.

Her actions and decisions are the cause of the media scrutiny her family is undergoing. She should have properly weighed her values before prematurely hopping into the limelight.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 6:10am On Jul 04, 2009
@davidylan,

1. We both know that when the question was rephrased to ask if they know someone who would not vote for Obama based on color . . . the stat jumped from 5 to 19%. Based also on the fact that we already know from experience that a lot of racists actually lie on polls, the 15% statistic looked more realistic. Please look up the Bradley effect on wikipedia.

Here is a WallStreet Journal article addressing this issue.
The purpose of a poll is to get the respondents' first hand opinion about an issue.  So do you think you are in a position to accurately determine what your friends will do behind the scene? This is just getting more ridiculous.  If you can jump to 15% from 5% of Whites who wouldn't vote for a Black man, would we then be correct to jump to 99% from 89% of Blacks who would vote for Obama strictly because of race?

2. Again you mention the tired old stuff about 89% of blacks voting for Obama . . . i repeat AGAIN, 90% of blacks voted for Gore in 2000, was Gore black too? What is the percentage of blacks that have traditionally voted republican?
Well they had to choose btween two White people. How do you factor Race into that?

. Again you overestimate Powell's contribution to Obama's election . . . what of the hillary supporters who overwhelming switched support to McCain because Hillary lost the primary? Where they voting based on principle? Afterall Hillary's policies were essentially the same as Obama's?  You cant keep harping on one side of the coin while glaringly ignoring the other.
Do you have the proof of this happening? If Hillary's supporters overwhelmingly switched to McCain, then McCain would have won the election in a landslide. Didn't Hillary carry about the same number of votes as Obama?  Your conclusions don't make sense at all. That is what happens when you try to give racism more power than it deserves.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by TayoD1(m): 6:16am On Jul 04, 2009
@Dr D-Welz,

She has been a public servant for a long time. So you expect her to assume that people will be so mean as to be making fun of her children on national media? You think she should have anticipated that her daughter will get preganant out of wedlock? Tell me, do you know what else is in her future that she should anticipate now? You got such insight? Every President and all public officials have their families in the public spotlight. Trying to single her out for criticim is outright disingenuous.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@davidylan,
The purpose of a poll is to get the respondents' first hand opinion about an issue.  So do you think you are in a position to accurately determine what your friends will do behind the scene? This is just getting more ridiculous.  If you can jump to 15% from 5% of Whites who wouldn't vote for a Black man, would we then be correct to jump to 99% from 89% of Blacks who would vote for Obama strictly because of race?

What is "ridiculous" is you ignoring facts that i have even tried to cull from respected news articles. You may not be able to 100% predict your friends' actions but is it too far fetched to know which friend is racist and which is not?

Did you even bother to look up the Bradley effect i mentioned? Of course not, its just easier to ignore facts and post on emotions only.

Tayo-D:

Well they had to choose btween two White people. How do you factor Race into that?

That is EXACTLY the point. If 90% blacks voted for Gore in 2000, why is it a surprise that essentially the same percentage voted for Obama in 2008? Blacks traditionally vote democrat in such large numbers . . . it would have been a shock if they all trooped to vote republican just to be seen as being racially neutral.

Tayo-D:

3 Do you have the proof of this happening? If Hillary's supporters overwhelmingly switched to McCain, then McCain would have won the election in a landslide. Didn't Hillary carry about the same number of votes as Obama?  Your conclusions don't make sense at all. That is what happens when you try to give racism more power than it deserves.

Its patently absurd that you're still asking for proof but here you go - ever heard of PUMA and the now defunct website for hillary supporters voting for McCain?

Obama primarily beat McCain on two grounds - the battered economy, general republican fatigue and apathy for McCain himself. If the election had been after Clinton for example, i doubt Obama would have stood a chance. I think for most . . . the economy took precendence over their prejudice.
Re: Palin Quitting Governorship Of Alaska? by DrDWelz(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Dr D-Welz,

She has been a public servant for a long time. So you expect her to assume that people will be so mean as to be making fun of her children on national media? You think she should have anticipated that her daughter will get preganant out of wedlock?  Tell me, do you know what else is in her future that she should anticipate now? You got such insight? Every President and all public officials have their families in the public spotlight. Trying to single her out for criticim is outright disingenuous.

You are positively misrepresenting my point. I chose to think it is unintentional.

I am not asking or expecting her to anticipate anything more than any regular Joe would. Ok, she mistakingly ended up in a den with the vicious media. She has had ample opportunity into retreat to obscurity in Alaska. She should take lessons from Huckabee. But no, she flaunts around in the vicious den and expects to go unsacthed. Even rats and cockroaches know to find crevices. At the very least, there are gaping inconsistencies in her actions, expectations and professed values.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gay Couples Will Be Obliged To Have Baby Or Face Jail-mugabe / Ottawa Gunman Is Convert To Islam / Horror In Time Square: Car Struck At Least 23 People, Killing One(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.