Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' (42311 Views)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Yes, It Is Not Impossible. 'AA' Can Marry 'AS' And Give Birth To 'SS' / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by GodMode: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
K
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by EagleScribes: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=bettyLad post=42803508][/quote]

Hello BettyLad, Abali1 is a warrior and friend. I came across him while searching through for information on SCD. He has written great and informative posts such as this:

www.nairaland.com/1364638/misconceptions-people-living-sickle-cell

He's been a great encouragement to me and you can search and give him a mention. He will definitely respond to you.

By the way, every situation you described is EXACTLY like mine. Not to worry, we shall fight and win together in Jesus name.
There are natural supplements that are being used to prevent crisis or the likes

It is well

2 Likes

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 17, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

Yes na, d 1st tym I did mine it came out AS na so my parents complain frm earth go heaven say na mistake. Said they did it like twice wen I ws younger and it came out AA buh now I'm AS and so has it been eva since..

Exactly my story. From birth Unimaid Teaching hospital test showed AA, I grew up with that in mind. When I was admitted into Caritas Uni some years back, the mandatory in-house test showed I'm AS. I told my mom about it and we did like 3 other tests in different labs and they all showed AS. She was shocked because besides the test done in the hospital where I was born, several tests were run when I was growing up and all showed AA. It's weird

1 Like

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by SylarsMcQuins: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2016
PayPalKing:

Exactly my story. From birth Unimaid Teaching hospital test showed AA, I grew up with that in mind. When I was admitted into Caritas Uni some years back, the mandatory in-house test showed I'm AS. I told my mom about it and we did like 3 other tests in different labs and they all showed AS. She was shocked because besides the test done in the hospital where I was born, several tests were run when I was growing up and all showed AA. It's weird

Very weird my brother, its beta I knw and accept d fact that I'm AS instead of believing I'm AA without prove.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Funjosh(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
swagficient:
I did my IT in a hospital where AS and AA always have the same markings on their electrophoresis Machine. Go to a good hospital with a great Lab and make sure it isnt a bad joke.
Well, something like this happened to my Pa n Ma too. I Was tested to be AA at age two later really discovered it was an error/ witchcraft... Lol.
Ma, pls dont blame ur hubby its an error he wouldnt have wantd to commit too. You can only raise your child with love n togetherness like my Ma n Pa raised me, i'm 26, living independent and a great life. Your son deserves that too and better. Make sure He takes His normal drugs. Go for checkups frequently, avoid mosquitoes totally and pls and pls treat Him like a normal Child. He will grow to be the son you r proud of.
Btw. Ministry of health sells a drug for SCDPs called Nicosan. Its good. Supplements helps alot. Prayer actually happens to be the Major factor.
And for having other kids.... I happen to be the only SCDP out of 6 kids. You have a big chance of not having one anymore. Prayers still do Wonders. Be Positive, Be Happy.

Yea I think you are right, my niece she is the first child, her other two brothers one is AA whele the Other is AS. She is the only one with SS but even with that, I can't still take the chance. God will help us
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by syffng: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2016
My Sister, if at the end of all the tests, you and your husband are AS, rejoice, worry no more! God shall use this your matter to demonstrate and prove His power to you and to all who are aware of this matter. Your entire family shall finally be drawn closer to God. Medical science is not changing geonotype but God is changing it. In The Lords Chosen Church, God is steadily changing SS & AS to AA. If you have free-to-air cable always tune to Chosen channel. You will always hear great testimonies of what God is doing in the Church, including changing blood genotypes. Can those testimonies be real? You may be asking. It is now time for God to use you to prove they are real. Start going, wt ur husband and son, to Chosen crusades at locations and dates to be announced on the cable. God wl not only solve ur present problem but wl also make u all more committed children of God, showering u wt His blessings in all areas of ur lives. You wl see it. You wl testify & the Lord shall be glorified in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by VNOS(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2016
bettyLad:
Thank u for your contribution. Non of us lied to the church,the church took us to their recommend hosp for the test,a place we never suspected before cos they always make their test center undisclosed, my father followed us as a witness so also my sis in law where all test HIV,pregnancy,and genotype test was conducted . I couldn't imagin making such mistake cos I left my previous relationship cos of genotype issue so I was very careful about it .

I really feel your pain but trust me, it's not as bad as all the doom mongers say it is. Just trust God and give adequate care he ll be fine. Wish I had more time to this but maybe later. God bless
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by chijen(f): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
NEVER RUN AWAY FROM YOUR FEARS. SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
syffng:
My Sister, if at the end of all the tests, you and your husband are AS, rejoice, worry no more! God shall use this your matter to demonstrate and prove His power to you and to all who are aware of this matter. Your entire family shall finally be drawn closer to God. Medical science is not changing geonotype but God is changing it. In The Lords Chosen Church, God is steadily changing SS & AS to AA. If you have free-to-air cable always tune to Chosen channel. You will always hear great testimonies of what God is doing in the Church, including changing blood genotypes. Can those testimonies be real? You may be asking. It is now time for God to use you to prove they are real. Start going, wt ur husband and son, to Chosen crusades at locations and dates to be announced on the cable. God wl not only solve ur present problem but wl also make u all more committed children of God, showering u wt His blessings in all areas of ur lives. You wl see it. You wl testify & the Lord shall be glorified in Jesus name, Amen.
Be realistic and stop this confusion.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by kawasng: 12:09am On Apr 07, 2016
blueseacats:
Be realistic and stop this confusion.
Look, I have told the sister what to do and you are talking of confusion. My advice is clear. By your statement, you are the one trying to discourage and confuse her. Now to the sister: Pls do what I have advised you and that is to go to Chosen. Dont allow anyone who, out of ignorance of what God can do and willing and ready to do, discourage you. Fortunately, Chosen is holding international crusade on Sat 16 and Sun 17 April 2016 at Orlu, Imo State. I dont know where you are. Arrange to go to the crusade. God will roll away the problem and set you free. No one is charging you money in Chosen. What is required of u is to, when u are okay, testify what God has done for u so that those who have not known what God can do, will know, and glorify Him, and come close to Him. I am a Chosen, I know what I am saying. If you think you can call me for more counseling on this matter, here is my contact: Evang Louis, 0813-633-3568
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 07, 2016
kawasng:
Look, I have told the sister what to do and you are talking of confusion. My advice is clear. By your statement, you are the one trying to discourage and confuse her. Now to the sister: Pls do what I have advised you and that is to go to Chosen. Dont allow anyone who, out of ignorance of what God can do and willing and ready to do, discourage you. Fortunately, Chosen is holding international crusade on Sat 16 and Sun 17 April 2016 at Orlu, Imo State. I dont know where you are. Arrange to go to the crusade. God will roll away the problem and set you free. No one is charging you money in Chosen. What is required of u is to, when u are okay, testify what God has done for u so that those who have not known what God can do, will know, and glorify Him, and come close to Him. I am a Chosen, I know what I am saying. If you think you can call me for more counseling on this matter, here is my contact: Evang Louis, 0813-633-3568
Again, stop this confusion, your advice to her should be for them to get on hydroxeryuria, the only medication that can control ss. The earlier the better. Then they can put hands on deck to find how the only known sickle cell cure ( Stem cell transplant ) can be readily available and affordable .
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by kawasng: 4:56am On Apr 07, 2016
blueseacats:
Again, stop this confusion, your advice to her should be for them to get on hydroxeryuria, the only medication that can control ss. The earlier the better. Then they can put hands on deck to find how the only known sickle cell cure ( Stem cell transplant ) can be readily available and affordable .
If this is ur own advice, fine. She can take it if convenient 2 her. For sure, what is confusing u, and u alone, abt my advice is that u cannot imagine how God, through prayers, can turn AS or SS to AA. Any bible- based spiritual person who had followed her story from the beginning, granted that her story is true, will easiy know that there was spiritual manipulation somewhere along the line, the purpose is to put the family in health & financial crisis all the years. Ah!, Doc, sorry, this info will confuse u still. In the circumstance, God, & only God, should be given the chance to break the yoke permanently & give the couple/child AA blood. God is waitng 4 them.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 07, 2016
kawasng:
If this is ur own advice, fine. She can take it if convenient 2 her. For sure, what is confusing u, and u alone, abt my advice is that u cannot imagine how God, through prayers, can turn AS or SS to AA. Any bible- based spiritual person who had followed her story from the beginning, granted that her story is true, will easiy know that there was spiritual manipulation somewhere along the line, the purpose is to put the family in health & financial crisis all the years. Ah!, Doc, sorry, this info will confuse u still. In the circumstance, God, & only God, should be given the chance to break the yoke permanently & give the couple/child AA blood. God is waitng 4 them.
You are still wallowing in dark ages. If left for people like you we will still believe sickle cell condition is ogbanje. And it's also people like you that is setting us back a million years in the pursuit of cure for sickle cell condition.

There is nothing like spiritual attack in this situation , the only explanation to it is that the lab. made a mistake in diagnoses or mixed her result up with someone else's , yes it happens in western world all the time let alone Nigeria, the difference is that in western world they can sue the lab until they own it , but Nigeria is a zoo I guess, anything we can't explaine we attribute it to spiritual attack.

Like you said, she has a choice on who's advice to follow. But I need to remind her that not all chosen members with ss has been cured yet and anyone that's been cured should show her independent medical and scientific prove of before and after.

As much as I believe in miracles, they happen far away from churches, and they even happen farther away from Nigerian churches. Secondly , I stopped going to church, I am the church.

1 Like

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Mcbussy(m): 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
KingPharaoh:
Firstly, I smell some foul play from your hubby. He probably knew from onset that he was an AS, but perhaps because he didn't want to lose you, he had to result to lies.

What do you? An SS child gives one more headache than financial meltdown. Prepare for the inevitable, rushing him to the hospital every once in a while, that is the price you have to pay for not being totally careful before crossing the Rubicon of marriage. He needs love, more love than the Chibok girls in Sambisa forest.

Permanent solution?...Well, though I do not go to church, I believe miracles still exist, and it exists in Jesus, not in the church. Well, church is just some sort of medium. I know of someone whose genotype changed from SS to AA after a crusade by a pastor. I have seen miracles of same genre happen live in churches; who says God cannot heal your son. Take him to Jesus

I smell lies.... You do not go to church, yet u have seen so much happening in churches...paradox. undecided

What next?...perhaps she should contact you for your prophets number right?
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Mcbussy(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
kawasng:

SMH...ignoramus undecided

Please, if ur chosen people have that much access to God's miracle. Then they should hold a crusade in LUTH. I'm sure many patients with lymphoma, carcinoma, organ failure, etc, would be glad and willing to testify to miracles.

Continue deceiving urselves with all the home videos u act on chosen TV.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by jairusben(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Am sory sis,,d erythrocyte in ur baby is nt in normal shape, ie biconcave in shape so therefore they cannot carry enough oxygen through the aid of haemoglobin molecules to the difrent part of the body,, the solution to ur problem ma is bone marrow transplant that is were red cells are been produce through erythropoiesis. Pls during blood transfussion take him to the best, if d spleen breaksdown d liver will b affected,,it is well
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by ifedolaposusan: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2016
quinlatifat:
Truth be told, there isn't any cheap and easy medical cure available. But it could be managed. 1) u hav 2b sure its sickle cell thats causing the present ailment, swollen stomach indicates several medical conditions. I will advice u take an abdominal ultrasound and focus mainly on the liver and spleen. That aside, there is a guaranteed traditional cure. But i wont drop my number to avoid ban but there are people on this nairaland that has benefited from it. Always give him enough WATER, FOLIC ACID & PALUDRINE. Stay blessed
08030507585 wish to hear from you. thanks
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by otiadeoye(f): 2:03pm On May 09, 2017
ShitHead:
If you still have the first, fake test result, sue their asss off. As for the mean time, take good care of the unfortunate child.
The child is a fortunate child pls , never use negative words on children.

1 Like

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by ShitHead(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2017
otiadeoye:

The child is a fortunate child pls , never use negative words on children.

You are an unfortunate adult.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by otiadeoye(f): 2:12pm On May 09, 2017
Please let d woman register her child at the sickle cell foundation immediately, she needs to be calmed down, counselled and taught how to manage her child's health and all the available permanent solutions available Frm stem cell transplant to d latest less stressful gene transplant will be explained to her cum the need to register d child at mercy, luth or lasuth hematology dept...and all other precaution and instructions abt having a next baby will b explained to her so her baby can b healthier n live longer than even AA or AS. We are no longer in dark age. God bless n protect the child.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by chrisseun(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2017
Any nurses in Ibadan here , so in pain rn
Please urgent
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Evangkatsoulis: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2018
swagficient:

I did my IT in a hospital where AS and AA always have the same markings on their electrophoresis Machine. Go to a good hospital with a great Lab and make sure it isnt a bad joke
Your son deserves that too and better. Make sure He takes His normal drugs. Go for checkups frequently, avoid mosquitoes totally and pls and pls treat Him like a normal Child. He will grow to be the son you r proud of.
Btw. Ministry of health sells a drug for SCDPs called Nicosan. Its good. Supplements helps alot. Prayer actually happens to be the Major factor.
And for having other kids.... You have a big chance of not having one anymore. Prayers still do Wonders. Be Positive, Be Happy.

Lol@bolded.
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by Lawrittanneka68(f): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
dominique:
A worried mum sent us this

Plese advise accordingly and DO NOT QUOTE.
I will advise you go to a good laboratory and rerun,the test for your husband and the child,and be sure of the result,if it happens to be the same result (ss) go for these products and be using them for him,he will still leave normal life and look healthy,African potato,Buchu power,immune booster,Omega,Defender and Cal- C- Mag,if interested on how to get the products contact or WhatsAp this number: 08038220168

Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by resphanto(m): 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2018
This post is unavailable
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by med123(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
Run your CVS/ Prenantal Fetal Genotype at Greene Diagnostics, 16c Uwasota Rd, Benin city. Call 08025200314
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by khairate(f): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
Visocrate:
That's no problem at all because genotype can be changed now from SS to AA or AS and it is done right here in Nigeria in Benin It cost about #2-5m however if you can walk up to any government agency they can actually help you out the genotype can be changed before the age of 15 all you need do is to get a donor to donate a stem cell for the transfusion and your money too ready for the medication pls do not take what I am saying with levity for I teach and even create that awareness OK God will help you Google out the location in Benin and find out how to go about it and if you need my assistance I can help you research-wise I don't need your money only tell me how you think I should help

Hi, good evening sir. I sent you a mail. Kindly check and respond. Thanks sir
Re: 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' by khairate(f): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=med123 post=73173884]Run your CVS/ Prenantal Fetal Genotype at Greene Diagnostics, 16c Uwasota Rd, Benin city. Call 08025200314[/quote

Pregnancy from how many months please

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Stop Mosquitoes And Other Insects From Feeding From You / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos) / 10 Best Drinks That Will Help In Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.