Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones (1896 Views)

9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC / 15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / How I Ported To Airtel From MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by hovatek: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
For Tecno C8 users that have still been unable to root their phones (booting into stock recovery despite flashing TWRP), we've ported a TWRP recovery image for your variant (3).
Note that your phone is more of an OS version update than a variant
Its been successfully tested on 4 Tecno C8 devices
The rooting technique remains the same as the other variants
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Hawlahscho(m): 6:18am On Feb 09, 2016
Oukitel K6000
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2016
Oga ... please read this very unique problem my Gionee M3 has perhaps you can help me deal with this demon/virus.
Bought the phone from someone. .. Did straight backup of data,contacts and apps from my former gionee M2 to M3. Then I noticed that from time to time. MTN end of activity will pop up.. "your last sms costs 15naira and your new account balance is blah blah". I would check my sent sms and won't even see nada! As in nothing to show any sms sent yet 15naira gone. This will keep happening till 100naira becomes kobo.
I called MTN and was told the problem is with the phone.
So I left the sim in my Nokia palasa and nothing happened for days.
Put it back inside M3 and it continued. Did factory reset for my phone yet it continued.
REMOVED MY MESSAGING APP YET IT DID CONTINUE.
Got fed up on saturday... used Spflashtool to do firmware upgrade and used a stockrom from your website. Reinstalled my data and apps back that the solution is done... yesterday it happened twice.
I called MTN again... The lady said the number the sms is going to is an international number starting with 009 but SHE TOTALLY REFUSED TO GIVE ME THE FULL NUMBER... I WAS SO ANNOYED but lets leave MTN with their unfortunate behavior.
Oga... or anybody in the house... has this a problem happened to someone before? and what is the right final solution?
You won't even understand what I am going through.. this demon has ate more than 500naira already. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!!!!
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:21am On Feb 09, 2016
when you will not stop installing pirated apps

manage am like that or flash your phone to stock, do not restore your old apps backup

then stop installing pirated apps.

if u can't stop then either way you should accept that if you don't pay developer, you will pay sharp guy like u

1 Like

Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 10:35am On Feb 09, 2016
4llerbuntu:
when you will not stop installing pirated apps

manage am like that or flash your phone to stock, do not restore your old apps backup

then stop installing pirated apps.

if u can't stop then either way you should accept that if you don't pay developer, you will pay sharp guy like u
Thanks.. will do that by weekend when I get home and give you feedback. Currently on site
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by daphid25(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
We waiting for marshmallow update undecided
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Funjosh(m): 2:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
Oga ... please read this very unique problem my Gionee M3 has perhaps you can help me deal with this demon/virus.
Bought the phone from someone. .. Did straight backup of data,contacts and apps from my former gionee M2 to M3. Then I noticed that from time to time. MTN end of activity will pop up.. "your last sms costs 15naira and your new account balance is blah blah". I would check my sent sms and won't even see nada! As in nothing to show any sms sent yet 15naira gone. This will keep happening till 100naira becomes kobo.
Put it back inside M3 and it continued. Did factory reset for my phone yet it continued.
Got fed up on saturday... used Spflashtool to do firmware upgrade and used a stockrom from your website. Reinstalled my data and apps back that the solution is done... yesterday it happened twice.
I called MTN again... The lady said the number the sms is going to is an international number starting with 009 but SHE TOTALLY REFUSED TO GIVE ME THE FULL NUMBER... I WAS SO ANNOYED but lets leave MTN with their unfortunate behavior.
Oga... or anybody in the house... has this a problem happened to someone before? and what is the right final solution?
You won't even understand what I am going through.. this demon has ate more than 500naira already. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!!!!

Toin! Toor! Your press press self is too much tongue
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Xhaka(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Funjosh:

Toin! Toor! Your press press self is too much tongue
Lol.. chill for the guy na grin
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Yorubago(f): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:

Had the same problem nbefore I abandoned the phone for my tecno camon c8 now!

Call MTN and tell them to give you a code to stop it!

That's the solution, didn't know until I bought this phone and since I'm enjoying it, I have to stay back
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Yorubago:

Had the same problem nbefore I abandoned the phone for my tecno camon c8 now!

Call MTN and tell them to give you a code to stop it!

That's the solution, didn't know until I bought this phone and since I'm enjoying it, I have to stay back
I really appreciate your response... Please expantiate bro... called them... 3 times actually... they keep saying its from the phone cuz its china-made and not network problem. And please... the phone you had the problem with... is it also a Gionee M3??
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Yorubago(f): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
I really appreciate your response... Please expantiate bro... called them... 3 times actually... they keep saying its from the phone cuz its china-made and not network problem. And please... the phone you had the problem with... is it also a Gionee M3??

Yeah.

What happened was simple: you had message prompts and clicked yes at a time, hence the rubbish deductions!

I didn't know this until I switched devices though...I'm addicted to this one now and can't leave it again
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Yorubago:

Yeah.

What happened was simple: you had message prompts and clicked yes at a time, hence the rubbish deductions!

I didn't know this until I switched devices though...I'm addicted to this one now and can't leave it again
Hello Ma, I've put my sim in a nokia palasa phone since Monday and no deductions on it till date. It's just peculiar to the phone... cuz If I reason with the customer care rep who spoke with me... if the problem is from the network... then the deductions should take place on the nokia torchie too
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Yorubago:

Yeah.

I called them just now... the lady was nice enough to tell me she can only see 0095 and can't see the rest of the number... and it displays that I sent sms to the number. Told her I have uninstalled my messaging app since but it keeps happening. So she said she will forward the issue to the technical department. I will also re-flash my phone on saturday. Thanks
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Funjosh(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
I called them just now... the lady was nice enough to tell me she can only see 0095 and can't see the rest of the number... and it displays that I sent sms to the number. Told her I have uninstalled my messaging app since but it keeps happening. So she said she will forward the issue to the technical department. I will also re-flash my phone on saturday. Thanks

Keepon pressing, flashing, formatting, installing and uninstalling on the phone you hear. After you go say na one old woman from Akwuzu do your phone tongue
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Funjosh:

Keepon pressing, flashing, formatting, installing and uninstalling on the phone you hear. After you go say na one old woman from Akwuzu do your phone tongue
Taah!!!
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Andking: 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:

First of all u must be using an Indian rom

It's a auto generated message UR fone sends... A peculiar Indian roms on GIONEE

If u r rooted then UR problem is solved....
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Funjosh(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
Taah!!!

E still dey do you e nova bite you tongue
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Orator2383: 10:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nice job
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 2:45am On Feb 12, 2016
Andking:

First of all u must be using an Indian rom

It's a auto generated message UR fone sends... A peculiar Indian roms on GIONEE

If u r rooted then UR problem is solved....
I am presently using the STOCKROM bro... just flashed stockrom on it on sunday. I know how to root it... what should I do after rooting to make it stop? thanks
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by hovatek: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:

Sorry for the late reply.
Its not from MTN, its from the ROM.
We'd dropped a guide titled "How to stop malware from automatically sending SMS using your airtime or credit on your Android phone" at our Blog.
There are three important steps in the fix. Unfortunately, we can neither post links nor drop the guide here (NL Bot) so you might need to search for it.

1 Like

Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Slatemsk(m): 8:47am On Feb 12, 2016
The latest kingroot will root dis phone
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Yorubago(f): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
Hello Ma, I've put my sim in a nokia palasa phone since Monday and no deductions on it till date. It's just peculiar to the phone... cuz If I reason with the customer care rep who spoke with me... if the problem is from the network... then the deductions should take place on the nokia torchie too

Of course, It's peculiar with the phone cos the phone has the ability to receive some data needed messages on the sim!
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
post=42847537:
Sorry for the late reply.
Its not from MTN, its from the ROM.
We'd dropped a guide titled "How to stop malware from automatically sending SMS using your airtime or credit on your Android phone" at our Blog.
There are three important steps in the fix. Unfortunately, we can neither post links nor drop the guide here (NL Bot) so you might need to search for it.
Thank you so much.... seen the post... just uninstalled the 2 'theifing' apps. Godless
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by hovatek: 3:03am On Feb 13, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:
Thank you so much.... seen the post... just uninstalled the 2 'theifing' apps. Godless

it has stopped sending the SMSs right?
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 5:31am On Feb 13, 2016
post=42876536:

it has stopped sending the SMSs right?
yes for now... thanks
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Eldahray(m): 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
EsanEmmanuel:

Please what d name of the two thieving app, I need it xo xo badly
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by EsanEmmanuel(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Funjosh(m): 6:30am On Aug 10, 2016
Re: We've ported TWRP for Newer Tecno C8 phones by Eldahray(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Reserve Your Ntel Sim Card And Also Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Top 11 Best Android Hacking Apps & Tools Of 2016 / Tecno Phantom 8 Review - Save Your Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.