Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (60045 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by So4baba(m): 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
eherbal:
This is serious security breach on part of uba.this means anybody can just waltz into any of Its branch and fleece innocent Customers of hard earned cash.
the security men should be questioned for allowing the criminal easy ,unchallenged movement,in the banking hall.something must've given him away.Its either the security men were in on the plot,or were just negligent in their duties.the bank owes the Customers a duty of care,by safegurding his money and person.
Are you for real?.....

3 Likes

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by dikeigbo2(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Flashh:

You prepared it.

You took overdose
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by JewelRegi(f): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
austin2all:
Arrest the bank manager

Why? Was he the one who stole the money.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by oskaaay(m): 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Na wa hoooo.... shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

HAVE YOU READ?
How To Create Business/official Website On Shoestring Budget Professional-Foskaay via https://www.nairaland.com/2919085/how-create-business-official-website
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by rottenegg: 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bring the receptionist to me and I will uncover the truth...all na plan. 50k don fly b dat
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by Decryptor(m): 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
I heard that one president called his countrymen THIEVES and CRIMINALS and yet it is not trending on Nairaland...Well i guess he is RIGHT!

The thing is..IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND ROOTED HIS SUPPORT THAT ARE THIEVES!!
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by Socketbet: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
I know everything about that criminal but you have to settle me before I disclose anything about him kiss kiss
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by Smellymouth: 10:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by AkumahTalk(m): 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Too bad the thief has a familiar face. Good luck finding him...

1 Like

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by judedwriter(m): 11:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmm...if this was in USA, by now that crook would have been nabbed..
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by herkeym001(m): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
otiigba1:
The bank is in on it, why would they let some one who isbnof employed by the in the bank and allowing him even to speak to customers about their deposits. I suspect the bank.
it is normal for people to talk to eachother in bank
Bank don't have any fault in what happened

even if Armed Robber Attack a bank during working hour, and those robbers collect money from customer, bank is not liable of refunding money robbed from customer, not to talk of this one (fraud).
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by aalangel(f): 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
This only happens when you want to cut corners. The receptionist should have just queued up. Nigerians just hate queuing. Orderliness please!!!!

1 Like

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by herkeym001(m): 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
Socketbet:
I know everything about that criminal but you have to settle me before I disclose anything about him kiss kiss
you belong to past administration (GEJ) becos it's in you(KWORUPSSION)
EFCC, oya make una come carry this man.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nicepoker:
did u just say WE? So u de follow do am
I neva join full time "WE, I still dey do apprenticeship..
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by cirmuell(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
moscobabs:
He looks like one of Nairaland moderators grin
grin U dey fynd trouble bah?
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by martinlooter(m): 11:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
This is not true, how come the man is not wearing a tie on a Monday morning, even security sef dey wear tie for bank, talk less of messenger. Na lie joor
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by MadCow1: 12:18am On Feb 09, 2016
whizqueen:
It is boldly written in banks (some eg Stanbic), don't give your cash deposit to any other person in the bank even the bank staff.. Only the teller has the right to receive cash from a customer. If he's not at his desk (teller table) the customer shouldn't hand over the cash.

The bank is not liable.

I hope the guy is caught smiley sorry for your loss sad

Impatience
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by MRLINGTON(m): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2016
austin2all:
Arrest the bank manager

What are you saying?? Was the man wearing an i.d card??
Oga we witnessed sametin somewhere in ijb and d bank won that case
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by micfoley: 12:28am On Feb 09, 2016
The pic is not quite clear. Hope he's nabbed. Very sad
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by adten2(m): 12:32am On Feb 09, 2016
That's how my iPad was stolen from the locker outside a bank in ketu.. Lagos banks should improve there security measures.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by tee4naija(m): 12:33am On Feb 09, 2016
People are always in a hurry and often not ready to stay on a queue. This is why many of them fall for this kind of scam.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by evy1(m): 12:33am On Feb 09, 2016
Make i ask question ooo,person no suppose dey the cctv control room during banking hours..atleast they monitor movement within.

1 Like

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by tellwisdom: 12:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Peanut sad..Cant help u
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by Bihby: 1:08am On Feb 09, 2016
GHEN GHEN
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by realnaijaboy: 2:54am On Feb 09, 2016
menix:
wise man fall, mugu chop am..

Alwayz happening in UBA, as if it's part of UBA profit making scheme.....

Receive brain
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by menix(m): 3:01am On Feb 09, 2016
realnaijaboy:

Receive brain

Is that all u ve learnt since u joined Nairaland

Wondering what brain u ve got to give when u re in dire need of 1....
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by ceaser: 3:09am On Feb 09, 2016
airsaylongcon:
The bank is trying to hide something. Why is the ID card blurred out (censored)

Thank you. That is what I wanted to insinuate. The guy apparently had a UBA staff ID which would easily sway an unsuspecting victim. Now the question is how many staff are in the bank that the real staff would not be able to identify an outsider flaunting their ID card as an impostor? Inefficiency and irresponsibility is what I call it.

On the flip side, do they have a video of when the secretary handed over the money to the suspect? A video showing that may be the only thing that can prove she is telling the truth at the moment.

1 Like

Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by ceaser: 3:15am On Feb 09, 2016
valnelly:

It's not the bank or bank staffs fault OK.nobody would've suspected he is a criminal.. No weapon. The deed has been done... Arresting that dude should be the next step. There is a programme on Sony Max that I usually watch.... I've seen stuffs like this. Be on the look out for that bastard.

In this case, seeing the face partially may not make identification easy. A face recognition software will come in handy, matched with central database of pictures. That is what those police videos on SONY MAX use that even blurry videos still produce the identity of suspects. Nigerian police lack the knowledge of the use of CCTV tech let alone face recognition software.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by SolexxBarry(m): 3:36am On Feb 09, 2016
Lol,so sori man,I love his confidence tho wink
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by dominique(f): 4:14am On Feb 09, 2016
The man looks like an average Nigerian, I see no less than 5 people thay looks like that on a daily. I hope he is caught. No peace for the wicked.

The banks must make it compulsory for all staff to display their id cards. Last time i was in a banking hall, some on the men tucked theirs in their pockets, the ladies turned their to the other side. How are we supposed to identify with you as bank staff if we can't see your means of identification? Any crook (male or female) can easily move around the bank wearing their Id cards like their supposed 'colleagues'. The bank security has to be more vigilant about the activities within the hall.
Re: How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) by ehiski23: 4:18am On Feb 09, 2016
I am sure that the receptionist is making bank transactions for the first time in her life. why would she succumb to such cheap scam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isabel Dos Santos: Africa's Richest Woman Charged With Fraud / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.