Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,021 members, 7,863,685 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? (6242 Views)

Once Opportunity Lost Can Never Be Regain,can Igbo Break The Jinx Of This Adage? / Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections / Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Olabestonic001(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

They don't get along well in real life
They are just tolerating each other because they are within the same space

You can't get along well with people when your character, ideology and life view is way different

Well, maybe you're right in that. But, what's getting along if not tolerating each other
Even in families, you still find out that all you siblings don't think alike, don't have same priorities and see same things. In all reality, we just compromise to stay and live as one. Your wife/hubby do not need to posses the same character as you but you find a way to go along because you want it to work.
Relationships are built on trade-offs not on same character.
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by theDEVILisHERE: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

You Biafrans think you are more clever than others but end up the losers. Yoruba and Igbo destinies are not tied together so there's nothing like 'Forever Loyal' between us. Loyalty is conditional and I will not remain 'forever loyal' to one who wants to use my people and I as sacrificial lambs for his selfish ambition. Ewo orisha! Besides, Awo didn't make up his mind about what side to pick between the FG and the Biafrans until Biafrans tried to invade our lands. That right there demonstrated for all to see that Biafra's ambition was to invade and occupy Yorubaland. Only a bastard would remain loyal to one seeking to oppress and conquer his lands.

You said that their destinies are not tied together
Then why then are you guys expecting them to get along??

Everyone by now should be sorting themselves out in their different space

Why then continue in imperialist slavery when you all can free yourself in order to achieve your different destiny??

2 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Wyttcat: 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
How can you say Hausa are the cause of problems between Yoruba and ibos? This shows you don't know anything, and should leave matters like these in the hands of pro like me who have correctly diagnosed what the problems are.

True, we have more in common with the Hausa than ibos. The former is straightforward and peaceful save for his religion when touched. The latter is paranoid, confused, greedy, covetuos and always looking for a way to cheat others. Ibos always reminds me of Tortoise and its characteristics according to my ggranny tales. And their infamous obsession with Yoruba. Ibos think about Yoruba a lot as if they would have conquered the world if not for the Yoruba.

You can't be yourself and still be a friend to ibos. Check yourself, if you are getting along with them, you must have been kissing hell of ass, they hate truth, honesty and other tribes especially Yoruba with passion. Only low self-esteem people want to hang around ibos who can never survive on a level playing field. People whose strength are propaganda and deceit. The earlier Yoruba put ibos where they belong, the better for us, I have, and hope other do the same or keep deceiving themselves.
geez18:
look man,the yorubas and the igbos would cohibit much better if the hausas are not in the picture.it will take an entire day to explain this so i won't bother indulging but suffice to say;the yorubaman thinks he has more in common with the hausaman than the igboman but in truth,that is not so.the problem between the yorubas and the igbos are the hausas.

8 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Flyoruboy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
biafranking:
my people re loyalist bro. We dont betrayed and jonathan is a case study.that s what i mean..
Ok we want to invade your lands? Then you lack history.boi ,where is the capital of nigeria then?

you need to read their intentions before typing trash here cos we re not landgrabbers. cheesy

Well bro, your decision to 'stick' with Jonathan in the last elections didn't cost you millions of lives did it? So why are you comparing that to our (Yoruba) decision to reject sacrificing only God knows how many Yoruba lives over Ojukwu's Biafran ambition? Even the great Zik, Michael Okpara, and some other notable Igbos later abandoned the ill-fated cause, yet it's Yorubas you all love to hate and pick on for rejecting it from the very beginning. It was you guys' choice to stick to Jonathan, you made the decision and you are sticking by it. Yorubas chose to follow a different and separate course, deal with it already!

9 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by theDEVILisHERE: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Well, maybe you're right in that. But, what's getting along if not tolerating each other
Even in families, you still find out that all you siblings don't think alike, don't have same priorities and see same things. In all reality, we just compromise to stay and live as one. Your wife/hubby do not need to posses the same character as you but you find a way to go along because you want it to work.
Relationships are built on trade-offs not on same character.

You don't force yourself to live in a bad situation for no substantial reason when you have the option of a good situation

Only fools do that (sorry to say many Africans/blacks fall under this)

The option is there for you to live in your own space and enjoy peace and progress
Why then choose to continue suffering and destroying yourself under bondage??

That just doesn't make any bit of sense!

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Olabestonic001(m): 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

You don't force yourself to live in a bad situation for no substantial reason when you have the option of a good situation

Only fools do that (sorry to say many Africans/blacks fall under this)

The option is there for you to live in your own space and enjoy peace and progress
Why then choose to continue suffering and destroying yourself under bondage??

That just doesn't make any bit of sense!

That sounds logical but not always the case. Most Nigerians are economic migrant and tje y won't reside in their enclaves. Even amidst the Yoruba's that sticks together, hardly will anyone stay to raise his family in his immediate societies. Africans are evolving and we will get there soon. But, sincerely, both parties are just unnecessarily at each others throat because they give a damn about each other.
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
The black race in general have a whole lot of problem.
white people don't have time 4 these tribe issue because its a hindrance to True and Patrotic nationalism.

5 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by kay29000(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
biafranking:
blackstabbber spotted.
Op like i said,blood is sticker than water.they re still present in your generation.e dey dem blood na.cheesy

A blackstabber is a person who doesnt know that an agreement is an agreement o..cheesy

Forever remain loyal..

Jonathan is a case study.

Okay I have to come in here. Let me explain something. I would use an illustration. Let's say you meet someone for the first time and you are all smiles and greet him warmly but the person frowns at you and calls you a backstabber. You don't understand him but you wave it off and treat him good anyway. The next time you see him, he acts the same way, even though you are still nice to him. At some point, you are going to be like, 'furk this dude sef.' That's the issue here. You guys keep playing the victim game. If you keep calling someone that has been nice to you a coward and a backstabber, why will he want to keep being nice to you? You will always get what you are looking for. That's the truth.

8 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by theDEVILisHERE: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Olabestonic001:

That sounds logical but not always the case. Most Nigerians are economic migrant and tje y won't reside in their enclaves. Even amidst the Yoruba's that sticks together, hardly will anyone stay to raise his family in his immediate societies. Africans are evolving and we will get there soon. But, sincerely, both parties are just unnecessarily at each others throat because they give a damn about each other.

With the current setup, the only "there" Africans will be evolving and getting to soon is their DOOM!

The case of africans is that of a stuppid set of people who are not ready to help themselves

They know what to do to save themselves
But are not ready to do it

Hence no one takes them seriously
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Flyoruboy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

As per the bolded, you know you are the biggest liar on earth, of what gain is it to invade yorubaland?
Is it oil? Or is it to capture numerous black faced slaves of the almajiris

So when Biafrans were stopped in their tracks at Ore, Ondo state en route to Lagos, they were on their way to Togoland abi? The sheer magnitude of your obvious ignorance is epic. Go and read up on your history and quit embarrassing yourself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by stzy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

We are backstabbers for refusing to tag along with Ojukwu and his crew on their suicide mission? Ojukwu deceived even his own people into thinking they had weapons to fight a war they weren't even prepared for, only to have them resort to cutlasses and machetes, and ended up dying in the millions for nothing since they still ended up losing the war. And you call us cowards and backstabbers for refusing to be a part of such folly? ? ? Well Mr. We really don't give a fvck.
coward lik u... U think if the west had joined that there will even b war at all.... Bt bcoz the west absconded northern power trippled... A son dat doesntknow what killed his father will die d same way"... We are cautious of the wests n more profoundly west and d east are both smart ppl n its hard 4 2 smart ppl 2 coexist witout some troubles... Dats why u see 2 of them being more confortable with the north(d carefree 1s).... If east n west can get their own country n make it a true federal state lik in UX in which states manage their resources I think d huge competition that's going 2 occur btw east n west will b a contructive one n dat country will beat US in 10yrs

3 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Flyoruboy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
stzy:
coward lik u... U think if the west had joined that there will even b war at all.... Bt bcoz the west absconded northern power trippled... A son dat doesntknow what killed his father will die d same way"... We are cautious of the wests n more profoundly west and d east are both smart ppl n its hard 4 2 smart ppl 2 coexist witout some troubles... Dats why u see 2 of them being more confortable with the north(d carefree 1s).... If north n south can get their own country n make it a true federal state which states manages their resources I think d huge competition that's going 2 occur btw east n west will b a contructive one n dat country will beat US in 10yrs

You people seem to be hard of hearing and have have serious comprehension issues. Biafra was Ojukwu's pet project and he obviously had made up his mind about secession long before Awo was even released from prison so don't come here making it sound like Biafra was an East/West project. Ojukwu should have planned adequately to win the war, simple! If he wasn't so sure of himself why didn't he call it off after seeing that he didn't enjoy the Western region's support? You people need to grow up and lay the blame for your failure where it truly belongs rather than scapegoating Yorubas dammit!!

7 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by theDEVILisHERE: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:
The black race in general have a whole lot of problem.
white people don't have time 4 these tribe issue because its a hindrance to True and Patrotic nationalism.

A people can only truely be patriotic to their blood line/ancestory/linage
IT COMES NATURALLY!

It is not force

Without true patriotism you can not get true nationalism/nationhood

And without true nationhood a people cannot truely develop!

True nationhood puts your development as a people in your hands

With your development in your hands as a people you can reach what ever height you set for yourselves

No amount of forced unity can make you acheive this!

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by thiagocrush: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

So when Biafrans were stopped in their tracks at Ore, Ondo state en route to Lagos, they were on their way to Togoland abi? The sheer magnitude of your obvious ignorance is epic. Go and read up on your history and quit embarrassing yourself.

You are dumb, the plan was to capture gowon and not the nonsense you are yapping about. But not to worry, nigeria was destined to be doomed, she will be long forgotten only to be remembered in history classes
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Wyttcat: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
You sleazy toad, we bring Lagos and everything you ever wanted but can't get. We collect levy from you, and if you don't like it you can leave. You slaves have to work for my land to keep growing, you came willingly and have refused to go. I don't have to do give you more than I have. Leave my region if you can, parasite.

Get yourselves out of the emotional chains you think you are in and get out of my region.

You can't recognize the truth if you see it, so shush!
thiagocrush:

You slimy hedgehog, if I may ask, apart from lagos what input do you and your tribesmen bring to this contraption called nigeria, you claim we are greedy, yet your lazy brothers collect levy from the numerous hard working igbo traders, is that not greed? Did you stock their shops for them? Did you clear their goods in the port?

You claim we are greedy, yet you collect house construction levies, who the heck in the world does that? There is levy for foundation, decking and roofing, WTF is that? Is that not greed of the highest order, after paying outreageous fees for land the next siphoning strategy is to collect construction levies.. I may ask, did those useless omoniles buy any construction item? Yet you want to eat your cake and have it. Go to the east there is nothing like omonile, if you buy a land, anytime u choose to build, no madman in the guise of 'omonile' will disturb you.

We want biafr.a, yet you claim we are obsessed with the yorubas but everyday we see articles written by your tribesmen condeming biafra, you call it Biafra, bia this, make we go, una no gree... hypocrite!

You dont want anything to do with us yet your brothers are drolling over igbo girls, igbo girls have become the trophy bride to yorubas. INFACT im very very happy that a proper igbo man will never give out his daughter to a dirty , lazy, backward and diabolic tribe like the yorubas. Even your women prefer an igboman to a yoruba man because she knows she will never suffer.

We have aba made, we have nnewi, we have onitsha which one yoruba get? Which one, tell me since you think you are smart.

Nw masturbate on the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by 7lives: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
biafranking:
blackstabbber spotted.
Op like i said,blood is sticker than water.they re still present in your generation.e dey dem blood na.cheesy

A[b] blackstabber [/b]is a person who doesnt know that an agreement is an agreement o..cheesy

Forever remain loyal..

Jonathan is a case study.

You mean just as Yoruba had an unwritten agreement with Ojukwu, Yoruba also had an unwritten agreement with Goodluck and now refused to honor the agreement?.
When will you guys wake up and stop having nightmare about an imaginary enemy? Yoruba and Igbo can never have any kind of agreement verbally not to talk of written, we are two different kinds of people with different mindset haba!
Why are you guys always thinking that your ideas are the best and so must be forced down other people's throats?, despite the fact that Yorubas have capacity to think and help themselves must you force them to think like you?, you can't love me more than myself na by force? ABEG BUZZ OFF JOR.

6 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

You are dumb, the plan was to capture gowon and not the nonsense you are yapping about. But not to worry, nigeria was destined to be doomed, she will be long forgotten only to be remembered in history classes

Oh, and how were you all going to 'capture gowon' without invading/subduing/conquering Ondo, Ogun, and Lagos (all hostile Yoruba territory to you all by then)? Dude, go to bed if you have nothing sensible to say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by thiagocrush: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
Sleazy toad, we bring Lagos and everything you ever wanted but can't get. We collect levy from you, and if you don't like it you can leave. You slaves have to work for my land to keep growing, you came willingly and have refused to go. I don't have to do give you more than I have. Leave my region if you can, parasite.

Get yourselves out of the emotional chains you think you are in and get out of my region.

Oh so you agree that your tribemens are backward and greedy, because in any sane society, there is nothing like building levies except of course in southwest. even the northerners don't collect levies like their lifes depend on it, that shows that they are also hardworking too.

FYI lagos was nigeria's former capital if you think it was cocoa that built bridges and roads but If you still insist it was built with the proceeds from cocoa, why is ibadan, the capital of yorubaland still filled with brown roofed houses? why is she so unplanned? can she be compared to enugu, the widely accepted capital of igboland? No i dont think so

Igbos are miles ahead in terms of human development

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Wyttcat: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
You collect worst in your region or is in not in your region they collect "entering bush" fees? You ibos are definitely with no conscience, you talk of others when you do worse in your unprosperous land, no one wants to go. Or is it now a crime because Yoruba collect less in there own region?

Look, I think we Yoruba need to collect more from you till you bleed white and get the hell out.

Lagos was a former capital just like few others. Lagos was and still is what Yoruba made it to be to entice others to want to site the capital there. Why was your region not picked? It's because you don't have what it take to make that happen.
thiagocrush:

Oh so you agree that your tribemens are backward and greedy, because in any sane society, there is nothing like building levies except of course in southwest. even the northerners don't collect levies like their lifes depend on it, that shows that they are also hardworking too.

FYI lagos was nigeria's former capital if you think it was cocoa that built bridges and roads but If you still insist it was built with the proceeds from cocoa, why is ibadan, the capital of yorubaland still filled with brown roofed houses? why is she so unplanned? can she be compared to enugu, the widely accepted capital of igboland? No i dont think so

3 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by DiademSh07: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

[size=16pt]Welcome to the Industrial Eastern heartland!![/size]
Not!

Like this Enugu right? Never in your life compare Yoruba land to any of your refuse filled gully erosion land if you don't want that abominable land of yours to be plastered all over!
Shameless landlocked parasites!

4 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by thiagocrush: 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

[size=16pt]Welcome to the Industrial Eastern heartland!![/size]
Not!

Like this Enugu right? Never in your life compare Yoruba land to any of your refuse filled gully erosion land if you don't want that abominable land of yours to be plastered all over!
Shameless landlocked parasites!

we all know the truth, you can post regurgitated pictures for the gullible to believe

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by thiagocrush: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
[b]You collect worst in your region or is in not in your region they collect "entering bush" fees? [/b]You ibos are definitely with no conscience, you talk of others when you do worse in your unprosperous land, no one wants to go. Or is it now a crime because Yoruba collect less in there own region?

Look, I think we Yoruba need to collect more from you till you bleed white and get the hell out.

Lagos was a former capital just like few others. Lagos was and still is what Yoruba made it to be to entice others to want to site the capital there. Why was your region not picked? It's because you don't have what it take to make that happen.

Source please, the mood of your post shows that you agree that collecting levies for building houses, from bus driver, keke riders is barbaric and backward.

There is nothing like "entering bush fee", stop making a mockery of your reasoning capacity

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by DiademSh07: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

we all know the truth, you can post regurgitated pictures for the gullible to believe
See this clown!
Isn't that Enugu or are you colour blind?
Just look at the dirt, litters and unkept houses apart from the brown roofs!
Bunch of losers!

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by thiagocrush: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

See this clown!
Isn't that Enugu or are you colour blind?
Just look at the dirt, litters and unkept houses apart from the brown roofs!
Bunch of losers!

Really, do you want us to derail this thread and start a tribal war because i'm in the mood for that.

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by DiademSh07: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

Really, do you want us to derail this thread and start a tribal war because i'm in the mood for that.
Bring it on na!
You probably don't know me! Just ask around, esp. onenaira6!

2 Likes

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by Wyttcat: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Source ko outsourcing ni!
Liar, just as with everything, you will lie, anyone who has spent time on property section has heard this.
thiagocrush:

Source please, the mood of your post shows that you agree that collecting levies for building houses, from bus driver, keke riders is barbaric and backward.

There is nothing like "entering bush fee", stop making a mockery of your reasoning capacity

1 Like

Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by TheArchangel(f): 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

You people seem to be hard of hearing and have have serious comprehension issues. Biafra was Ojukwu's pet project and he obviously had made up his mind about secession long before Awo was even released from prison so don't come here making it sound like Biafra was an East/West project. Ojukwu should have planned adequately to win the war, simple! If he wasn't so sure of himself why didn't he call it off after seeing that he didn't enjoy the Western region's support? You people need to grow up and lay the blame for your failure where it truly belongs rather than scapegoating Yorubas dammit!!
You are really in the last century, and millennium. Ojukwu this and that. Was it the only thing you saw on that guys post. Smh.
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by TheArchangel(f): 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
You sleazy toad, we bring Lagos and everything you ever wanted but can't get. We collect levy from you, and if you don't like it you can leave. You slaves have to work for my land to keep growing, you came willingly and have refused to go. I don't have to do give you more than I have. Leave my region if you can, parasite.

You can't recognize the truth if you see it, so shush!
What a load of hogwash.!! That guy took you to the cleaners and you had to resort to insults and tantrums.
Re: Can Igbo And Yoruba People Ever Get Along? by TheArchangel(f): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
thiagocrush:

Entering bush fee.....hehehe. Imagine pulling imaginary stats from your arse while wholed up in your enclave. What a bullcraptic defense.
I don't want to quote that poster directly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: ‘peter Obi Will Soon Be Arrested’ – Kanayo O. Kanayo reveals / Shame....nigerians It Is Finished! We Now Know Who Asiwaju: He Was Jailed Twice! / Gabriel Suswam Says PDP National Chairmanship Election Not Do-Or-Die Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.