Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? (852 Views)

Ever Wondered Why Marriages Don't Work These Days? Find Out! / Dumped After Blood Oath, Abortions & 9 Years Of Dating. Advice Needed / I Had A Bible Oath With My Babe To Stay Together, Now Things Have Fallen Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
It was an unfortunate affair; one that almost left tears falling uncontrollably from my eyes. Though I am not directly affected but partly involved as I am friends to both parties involved.

These two were my school mates in school during my university days, they are also my friends and were in a relationship (a steady one) which started in our second year and had lasted for approximately, 5 years. The guy in question had serious and good plans for his girlfriend but wasn't rich enough to wed her after graduation and service.

Two Saturdays ago, the girl did her wedding with another guy even without telling the guy which I have known to be her boyfriend of 5years and when the guy heard it, he almost ran mad, wanted to lay curses on her and the marriage but I pleaded with him not to.

The guy later confided in me that they took an oath when they were dating and that would be the remaining thing to speak for him. Now, the girl knowing fully well about their oath and still went ahead to break it must be confident of something or do you think relationship oaths no longer work?

NairaLanders, how safe is this my girlfriend and her marriage?
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Mutuwa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
belief...

The things I have learnt with marriage is,it was never a do or die affair.A courtship may seem to work ab initio but may not really settle down in matrimony,like wise enemies can graduate to couples.

its a crazy mixed up world actually,if they took an oath and she betrayed so? off she goes...he should move on.The Almighty had seen his mind and would compensate him with some thing better.

Remember: No relationship is a waste of time,the wrong ones teach you the lessons that prepare you for the right one.

for the breach of oath,the Almighty shall preside over it.
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Cutehector(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
The moment u realise there is power in d spoken word, then and then only, u will believe that keepin covenants or oath taking is as real as d air u breathe
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Emac34: 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
it dose..shez ganna be back searching for the guy
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Emac34:
it dose
So she has a lot to worry about
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Emac34: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
I guess u should let her know abt the dangers involved before its too late
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by vault(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
I don't believe in em oaths......
she is cool joor
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by olaric(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Even God honours covenant/agreement/oath between two or more people, regardless of parties involved. I assure you that even if you take or make oath with the devil, it will be binding. Remember Joshua and the Gibionites in the Bible? Oath taking is real; so think twice.
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by ronald4lif(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
As a free thinker I don't believe oaths and curses are real and can affect me in any way in my life, destiny and career progression. So, as far as I'm concern they are useless.
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Dygeasy(m): 7:16am On Feb 12, 2016
Anybody could break any oath or agreement for anything. In this world of today? Very messed up world.
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2016
Once u marry oaths are broken

undecided marriage oaths breaks all oda oaths cos dats d only oath known to God

Also true love breaks all oaths and spells

cheesy waiting for who will scare me with oaths i will live longer dan d n*gga self cheesy
Re: Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2016
It worked yesterday, it works today & tomorrow!

(1) (Reply)

Gals Need To Get This Straight. ..... / Can You Tatoo Your Lover's Name On Any Part Of Your Body? / Why Do Girls Love Avoiding S*x??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.