Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers (13541 Views)

Senate Throws Out Bill To End Gender Discrimination / Enugu Lawmakers Reject Bill To End Gender Discrimination, Say Its Unafrican / Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican-male Lawmakers Of Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Elxandre(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Funny!
He didn't even bother to hear what the notion was for.

Makes him look like a barbarian!

8 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by evansvenus(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2016
I believe in the social,political and economic equality of both sexes!! Feminism should hold sway.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Patented: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2016
crazy people!!! the system of government we run is unafrican. so they should not have jobs as law makers either

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Infomizer(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Bunch of pigs!
PIgnoramus them!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by tobishills12(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2016
Africa in the first place has adopted the modernization principles of the so called developed and civilized nations, forgetting that each strokes should be for each folks, the drug that is being used by you effectively might be neutral when used by me.

Its just high time African political scholars stand up to proposed our own system of political administration because our culture and composition does not match the European political system which means that any attempt for effective practice will end in futility.

To the topic: gender equality is alien to our culture, am not saying women should be marginalized but there are extent to which they can act in the society. this is not America.

6 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Melkizedek(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Dear Igbo Women: In Biafra, Men would never allow you women to hold equal rights as them.

Women like Late Dora Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala, Ezekwesili and co would never reach the level they did in Nigeria under Biafra because Men are more superior to women. They would end up in the Kitchen cooking Okpa and Akidi beans for the rest of their lives. grin

#IgboWomenSayNoToBiafra.

grin
this is what happens when toddlers dabble in things beyond their age..and even with information so cheap and available they refused to seek wisdom. So tell me, who orchestrated the infamous aba women riot of 1929? decades before this geographical expression ever dreamt of getting it's independence...if you know the importance of women in igbo history you wouldn't have brazenly uttered such misguided bullcrap...have you heard about august meetings conducted by igbo women in Nigeria and how important it is in their various communities? well the Internet is a place where juveniles can come in anonymously to fan their immaturity. Get wisdom!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by coolluk(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2016
Your mother must be proud of u

donbrowser:
Na wa oh!
What equality again? They take up the Jobs meant for us by the use of their two pointed apples and Barcelona.
They insult, harass and maltreat us yet you cant raise a finger on them because they are Women and they even want a bill that will make them equal with us after it is very obvious that they are above us.

Paul says "God forbid!"

6 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Panzerfaust(m): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2016
I'm just sorry for those gullibe women who accompany thos sexists on IPOB rallies.

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Melkizedek:

this is what happens when toddlers dabble in things beyond their age..and even with information so cheap and available they refused to seek wisdom. So tell me, who orchestrated the infamous aba women riot of 1929? decades before this geographical expression ever dreamt of getting it's independence...if you know the importance of women in igbo history you wouldn't have brazenly uttered such misguided bullcrap...have you heard about august meetings conducted by igbo women in Nigeria and how important it is in their various communities? well the Internet is a place where juveniles can come in anonymously to fan their immaturity. Get wisdom!

1929 riot, Negro puleeeze. What has that got to do with equal rights? Name one Female Igbo paramount ruler..

I will wait..

[img]http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/at-work-cookie-monster.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by ishiamu(m): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Dear Igbo Women: In Biafra, Men would never allow you women to hold equal rights as them.

Women like Late Dora Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala, Ezekwesili and co would never reach the level they did in Nigeria under Biafra because Igbo Men are more superior to Igbo women. They would end up in the Kitchen cooking Okpa and Akidi beans for the rest of their lives. grin

#IgboWomenSayNoToBiafra.

grin

In hausa land does women and men have equal right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
How is this unafrican? So our sisters and mums should perpetually be seen as sub citizens in the country they hold the power to nurture growing citizens?

Reason why we need to boot out these illiterates and aged leaders.

7 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
ishiamu:

In Nigeria, equal rights for all.

Nobody gives a fhuck about hausa land, Yoruba land or Niger Delta Land.

In Nigeria, everybody is equal.

7 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Sunymoore(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2016
ishiamu:

I'm Hausa. Men and women has different rights.. But
this doesn't mean that our women are marginalized.. My mother, for example, is highly educated..
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 10, 2016
Vyolet:
If this were to be in the north... undecided lipsrsealed

The Igbos truly need this gender equality law, especially on issue of inheritance.
I can't imagine my father's brother taking over his possessions all cos I'm a girl.

This happens?? Wow.
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Melkizedek:

Still waiting.

4 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2016
Wow, the bill was even tried in Enugu.. It can never be read at all in any other part of this country talkless of scaling any reading..

God job.. The women should go back to the drawing board to address some key concerns raised during The Debate.. .

They should also love some men in the house to enlighten them on the importance of surporting their women.

Could one imagine if a woman should sponsor such bill in any other part of this country.. .South West or north Boko abbod, what life must have been for such a woman by now...

Her story would have been, after 24hrs, death threat, divorce, calling for her seat etc...

Enugu thanks for leading the way..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Iroh88(m): 10:26am On Feb 10, 2016
Bigprozzie:
Igbos

I guess this is also Buharis fault
Yeah. I remember one witch that said Buhari's plan is to "put women in puda" if elected. That Buhari she was referring to is an Enugu HoA member. grin

2 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by amacastel: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Solution women pls don't give men ur votes Again in Enugu, Enugu is the worst state to married into in the east except u are lucky ur husband is breed outside the wawa state the see women as only object of se x nothing else most of them give out there daughters as young as 11 to marriage to train a girl child is an abomination to them only very few of them train their girl child if they do their kinsmen see them as pple throwing away money their mentality and Hausa about women is same no difference. Even expose girls from Enugu will tell u that they will never marry from Enugu, rape is their culture and u the woman or the girl have no right to report. For pple that want to condemned me am from Aninri old awgu LGA I knw wot am saying I rather remain single than marry Enugu state man. Cos u will be in the dark forever.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by MrPresident1: 10:29am On Feb 10, 2016
No gender is superior to the other, they are mutually complementary, the one cannot function without the other, God Himself created us all male and female to serve as complements to ourselves.

However, there are gender defined roles and obligations, gender roles and obligations are dictated by nature and by eons of trial and learning which end product is culture and/or tradition.

Do not import rubbish into society in the name of cvilisation.

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Iroh88(m): 10:30am On Feb 10, 2016
These are the kind of people that fat whale that prides herself as a "Shadow Cabinet" member should channel her frustrations at yet not a word would she utter against him, because HE IS IGBO.

#Shame.
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 10, 2016
yjgm:
Really unafrican. God created us man and woman with clear distinctions. We can't be equal.

keep quiet! angry
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by lightdotcom: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2016
Shockng! Is this an issue we should discuss in Africa or maybe women should start paying so to say 'groom price' in marriage too
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by OYAY(m): 10:32am On Feb 10, 2016
I wonder the equality the sonsor of the is seeking again? Afterall there is a law on ground the punishes anybody that infringes on other right to decent living abi if there is no equality will the sponsor of the bill be a legislature?
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by freshvine(f): 10:33am On Feb 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Women like Late Dora Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala, Ezekwesili and co would never reach the level they did in Nigeria under Biafra because Igbo Men are more superior to Igbo women. They would end up in the Kitchen cooking Okpa and Akidi beans for the rest of their lives. grin

#IgboWomenSayNoToBiafra.

grin

It is only igbo land that breeds feminists and advocate for gender equality.

Is it the Northern Presidiot that doesn't shake women will encourage gender equality in Nigeria?
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Horlufemi(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Ada, Chinelo, Chineye come and marry me o. Equal rights is your property.
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by texazzpete(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
Melkizedek:

This your statement is as daft as claiming women have equal rights in Iran because they once did when the Shah of Iran was still in power and Iran was a secular, liberal Muslim state.

What does the Aba women's riot have to do with the current situation NOW? Abi you think even in 1929 Women had equality with men?

8 Likes

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by miqos02(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
hmmm
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by dondaddycares(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Vyolet:
If this were to be in the north... undecided lipsrsealed

The Igbos truly need this gender equality law, especially on issue of inheritance.
I can't imagine my father's brother taking over his possessions all cos I'm a girl.

Women can inherit under Igbo custom- ukeje b ukeje (supreme court) 2014 decision. Anambra passed reproductive rights protection law in 2010/2011...in fact my LLB thesis was on this issue. With or without Enugu passing the law women are equal with men under the constitution. Let us eschew all these divisive politics

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by ishiamu(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Sunymoore:

I'm Hausa. Men and women has different rights.. But
this doesn't mean that our women are marginalized.. My mother, for example, is highly educated..

Are igbo women not educated? Hausa woman and igbo woman whose more educated?

The last time I checked it's legal to marry a 15year old lady in hausa...

1 Like

Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by ishiamu(m): 10:48am On Feb 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:

In Nigeria, equal rights for all.

Nobody gives a fhuck about hausa land, Yoruba land or Niger Delta Land.

In Nigeria, everybody is equal.

You know nigeria is not united... it consist of different people with different belief
Re: Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2016
ishiamu:

You know nigeria is not united... it consist of different people with different belief

Our differences should be a strength and not a weakness.

Diversity is not the same as not being united.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Commends Army For Chibok Girl Rescue, Criticises APC / Why Does Ebonyi State Have Highest Number Of Muslims In SE / Senate Drops Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla, Already Cleared Buhari’s NCC Nominee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.