Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit (5038 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Nigeria Is Sixth Most Dangerous Place To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by vikiviko(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2009
Malaysia is the most recent Countries according Rights watchdog Amnesty, who has failed to abolish caning, saying that tens of thousands of migrants had received the "inhuman and degrading" punishment in recent years.

Amnesty cited a statement in Malaysian parliament last week that said local authorities had caned at least 34,923 migrants between 2002 and 2008, 60 percent of them from neighboring Indonesia.

"Amnesty International urges the Malaysian government to rid the country of this cruel punishment," the London-based group said in a statement.

"Whipping someone with a cane is cruel, inhuman and degrading, and international standards make clear that such treatment constitutes torture."

Apart from Indonesians, those caned were also from Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines and Thailand.

Malaysia, Southeast Asia's third largest economy, has 2.2 million migrant workers in Malaysia, who are the mainstay of the plantation and manufacturing sectors.

The caning sentence was added to Malaysian immigration laws since 2002, amid concern over the ramifications of having a large migrant workforce.

Under the laws, those staying in Malaysia illegally are subject to a mandatory whipping of up to six strokes of the cane, fines and up to five years in jail.

Caning is also carried out for serious offences including rape and drug trafficking.

"The practice is humiliating, and causes such pain that people have reportedly fainted. Those caned often carry scars, psychological as well as physical, for years," Amnesty said.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by landis(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2009
This is very wrong.

Malaysia is extremely safe place for me.

I was all over the place, even in remote areas. There was no police arrassment or armed robbery.

The road was excellent and people friendly. I had good time, driving alone and I would do it again.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by goodguy100(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2009
Just wordering, are u from malaysia?
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by landis(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2009
goodguy100:

Just wordering, are u from malaysia?

dont turn to wonderer. I am blue-blooded Nigerian.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by shotster50(m): 12:40am On Jul 10, 2009
As far as I can tell, Malaysia is a very friendly peaceful place. Dont kno nothing about htis canning business.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by Gabry(f): 5:41am On Jul 10, 2009
All of you are right!

If you have enough money to spend in Malaysia or better still, more than enough money to spend in Malaysia without depending on getting a job or doing a business in Malaysia, than Malaysia is a very nice place for you to visit.

However if you are there and you have not enough money or no money and u depend on getting ajob for yourself, than you can see how nasty this country is.

Thats just it so all answers here are right.

The canning is only meant for those whom sells / smuggle / use / distrubute drugs in the country
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by capon504(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2009
damn malaysia too many negative reports about that country
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by Gabry(f): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2009
YEAP!!! Exactly! grin Thank God you know cheesy
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by vikiviko(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
If you stay out of trouble you won't face the harsh realities of a system as this.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by Gabry(f): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
Its not about staying out of trouble. Its about having more than enough money without having to find a job there to survive is what really matters
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by chyk91(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2009
caning wey dey happen everyday 4 naija
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by Thirdborn: 1:10am On Jul 22, 2009
I no want to insult person o'. Why the hell should you not get caned for committing a crime in Malaysia? You leave your country way the caning na part of life, go another man country go dey look for trouble, them cane your life and you dare to complain. What do you expect them to do hail your crime tactics? And by the way you are lying cos i know more than 20 people there and have never heard such nonsense. Mis-informant.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by atdam: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
anything about malaysian student admission and visa
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by henmob2012: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2009
any body want college or university admission in Malaysia? call me +60193506828 including accommodation and traveling wink
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by ogahimself(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2009
i don't think there is any place without ups and downs jus that some places are more condusive for some ppl dependin on their lifestyle i've stayed in a lot of diff countries and i don't have any negative reports or witnessed any of the things ppl warned me bout the diff places
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by segs007: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2009
no i dont hink so
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by ichommy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
malaysia is nice cos 3 of my friend study there
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by Hoteph(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2009
Malaysia seems to me an extension of Nija except the fact that they have basic amenities like good roads, portable water, uninteruptabel power supply but on the other hand, anything that goes on in nija also happens here l mean corruption and sundry stuffs.
In Malaysia lf you got the money you got the power.
One of my Chinese friend us to say to me, No money dont talk. Thats how it goes here.
Re: Malaysia Dangerous Place To Visit by ichommy(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2009
@ hoteph WORD!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Mysterious Places Of The World / Which Country Is Best For Hustling / To Reside In Or Visit This Antarctic Town, You Have To Remove Your Appendix(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.