Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away (47352 Views)

Chris Ngige Visits Orji Uzor Kalu In His Abuja Home (pictures) / Video Of IPOB Member Brutalized By DSS At Court Premises Today. / Ahmed Salkida Arrested By DSS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by IlajeGal1: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Not many know that HRH King Amalate J. Turner is ex-president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's best friend. Turner, who is the Obanema of Opume Kingdom in Bayelsa State, has known Jonathan since their university days at the University of Port Harcourt. Turner is a former managing director of the Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC). Turner and Jonathan have remained close till date. Sometime back, Turner told CNN that, "The Jonathan I know doesn't rush into making decisions and likes to involve a wide range of people and experts. That process takes time and can appear slow, but that is his style."

On Monday, 9th February 2016, operatives of the Directorate of State Security (DSS) raided the Maitama residence of Turner and carted away some documents, including insignificant amount of dollars, pound sterling, naira and rupees. Although the DSS is yet to disclose why the raid happened while the first-class king was away in Yenagoa in Bayelsa State, it may not be unconnected with his closeness with Goodluck Jonathan.

What the DSS operatives carted away from Turner's residence are:

1) 60 pieces of £50 note;
2) 46 pieces of £20 note;
3) 113 pieces of $100 note;
4) N5,000 (N1000 note);
5) 230 Indian rupee;
6) Complimentary cards of TRENUR Nigeria Ltd – HRH King A.J Turner, 60 Mississippi, Maitama, Abuja;
7) A document containing account numbers of Miss Havi Mabel Turner; Miss Apelega Inengite; A.J Turner and TRENUR Nigeria Ltd;
cool Income & Expenditure book of M.D Matelbot Oil Nigeria Ltd;
9) A document on campaign fund-raising;
10) Some documents on financial transactions

http://dawntodusknews.com/dss-storm-abuja-home-of-goodluck-jonathans-best-friend-what-they-took-away/

1 Like

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by INTROVERT(f): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2016
They should continue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by blackestboy: 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
I just hope all this breaking into people's homes and carting away items in the name of investigation is legally justifiable? Our legal experts and analysts over to you
Cc tonyebarcanista ngeneukwenu gbawe any logically reasoning person

By the way, Am i the only one who thinks introvert has a habit of always wanting to be FTC undecided

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by kaypound(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmm.
When DSS does this their so called searches do they always have warrants to search or they just burst into your house without warrant and in your absence.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by ministeriallist: 7:36am On Feb 10, 2016
All Jona's friend don turn suspects. Na wa ooooo. Politricks

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by excellencyabia1: 7:40am On Feb 10, 2016
Waiting for the result
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by Tkester: 7:41am On Feb 10, 2016
This is purely a sensational news. I rushed and opened it thinking that I will see something different and it turned out as an absolute hogwash. The total amount of money allegedly recovered is not even up to #5million, which is an amount an ordinary trader can have, not to talk of someone who has a connection with the presidency.

Media Govt.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by psucc(m): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2016
No Court will permit any security agency to conduct a search in your absent. Even when one is in custody, they duty bound to go with you to witness their conducts.

It shall start to yield dividend to those who had been molest as the court will start ordering fines for infringement.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by temitemi1(m): 8:08am On Feb 10, 2016
State of anarchy...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by HtwoOw: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Tkester:
This is purely a sensational news. I rushed and opened it thinking that I will see something different and it turned out as an absolute hogwash. The total amount of money allegedly recovered is not even up to #5million, which is an amount an ordinary trader can have, not to talk of someone who has a connection with the presidency.

Media Govt.

A blog reported this , not the Government , werent you among those fighting for freedom of press? there it is , it happened , it was reported , this has nothing to do with government, Just hope one day your eyes will be cleared

25 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by 1shortblackboy: 8:14am On Feb 10, 2016
Ah ah!! Na which kind goverment be this ?!

11 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by MrDoGood(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2016
Dead men forming strict.

Olosho dss my foot.

8 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by obasiken: 8:19am On Feb 10, 2016
I know this mans house in Maitama. Big politicians and business men used to sleep in their cars infont of his house for days just to see him. As soon as GEJ lost, his house was deserted. Now this.

5 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by commytosy(f): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2016
senseless Govt. I weep for my unborn children, but God dey

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by Untainted007: 8:33am On Feb 10, 2016
blackestboy:

By the way, Am i the only one who thinks introvert has a habit of always wanting to be FTC undecided

It's a typical act of joblessness and childishness. What is special abt being FTC. There are matured minded people who av always been the first to comment on a post yet they won't announce it. I pray for people with dis kind of small brain to be fully employed. I'm sure by then they will be engaged and be reasonable once in their life.

17 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by looseweight: 8:57am On Feb 10, 2016
The recent activities of DSS is really irritating me.

President buari has lost it here.

If you want to know how to loose tummy fat and how to loose between 8-10kg using natural therapy. Check my profile for more information

4 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by TippyTop(m): 8:57am On Feb 10, 2016
If APC had won Bayelsa with this man's help, the raid would never have happened.

15 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by MrsChinonye: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by brunofarad(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok

Breaking into citizen's home in their absence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by chynie: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2016
pls when DSS ggo storm Amechi house

he was GEJ friend before before

grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by efilefun(m): 8:59am On Feb 10, 2016
grin
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by BlackPeni5: 8:59am On Feb 10, 2016
shame on DSS. just look at the chicken change they are reporting. Why not just say £3,920 $11,300 N5, 000 and 230 Rupees.

Even me...as poor as I am, I have something not too far from this in my house at one time.

DSS Just wants to divert people's attention and form as if they are working.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by abumeinben(m): 8:59am On Feb 10, 2016
undecided

Waiting for all the obas that laid sticks on him during election campaign.... Especially the "lagoon" oba

1 Like

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by dguizman(m): 8:59am On Feb 10, 2016
I rushed to open the thread hoping to see one huge amount of money,I no know say na change I go see.

*hiss and walk out of thread*

11 Likes

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by nzgal: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
Ghen ghen....
Jona, get ready oh. These people are just dancing in circles around you
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by anonimi: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
Tkester:

Media Govt.

My main concern is whether it is now illegal to keep ANY amount of money in one's possiession?
Is it illegal
Who will stop this curse of democratic DICTATOR that we brought upon ourselves on March 28, 2015?
Who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026526_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027367_buhsheep_jpeg77d17e1bca3def9e42a445aac08437fe

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3234361_fbimg1450823846843_jpegccc7ea9d509141b638a64535ab185d08

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
OK
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by bedspread: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
This our Dss guys keep going round the bush. Make Una stop this going round GEJ people. Arrest GEJ if need be and stop all the long journey.
Re: DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away by TreasureTayo(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
DANSUKI'S gate...As He Dey Hawt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors / APC Unveils Shettima As Tinubu Running Mate / 2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.