Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra (5091 Views)

Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by olabukola: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

Bialegend and others it seems u can't comprehend the simple logic that:

- Yorubas do not mind if Nigeria is divided
You are coming back to your senses now. Please how can we get our Yoruba nation. Nigeria isn't in our favour.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by WilyWily: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi:

In 2006 Montenegro seceded from Serbia through a referendum conducted by the UN and it was approved by 51% against 49% that want to continue with Serbia. I wonder what you will say about their unity or disunity when with only 1% majority said yes?
You have never told me how united your mother and father are, because I am sure in all their years of their marriage they have never quarelled, therefore they are not united. United or not its not your business, concentrate on your own life and your own nation and leave us alone to die with our disunity.
Eziachi, i realy like this.
Kobojunky and Deb una dey hear.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
That is the reason you and your type will remains fools forever. What type of myopic advise is that? Whatever happens to finding a solution to stopping the killing rampage of the awusas to enable a peaceful and co-existent environment between the awusas and other nigerians. So, Yorubas have already concluded in their lazy mind that it can not be stopped, so it's better their people move back home. Mediocre people.
In your warped moronic brain, asking people to leave that part of the country and head back to their various homes is the better option towards solution? Ok, what if Yorubas and Igbos turn around and tell all the awusas to pack and leave their own territory? What then will become nigeria lin regards to the economic point of view? Is that not the equivalent or indirectly asking for the proper division of your so called nigeria which only Igbos have boldly called for? Sometimes, i wonder if it's the amala you people consume everyday that blocks your brains. You can't even think.

You think from the perspective of a daft human being. The above post just shows how dull you are
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
@WilyWily, even you would attest to the fact that all families are not the same. How exactly can anyone compare Serbia- Montenegro with Biafra -Nigeria? I mean did Montenegro harbor most of Serbia's resources within it's territory?   It would be way way easier for the Notherners to Secede, than it would for Ibos to do that carrying most all the resources that currently fund all of the country with them. Expect a fight to the death here, and I am not talking of me here. I am talking of the most likely reality here.

If the argument is that Biafra-n’s are the majority  in Ibo land, something I SERIOUSLY doubt, what about the rest of the country and their feelings to the ibos wanting to escape from the hell they helped in creating? Not just escape, but escape with most of the countries resources as well as keep their investments in other parts of Nigeria as Biafra-n property? Even a mad man living under the isolo bridge will tell you that will NEVER happen.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by olabukola: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
The post above is the most foolish and silly post i have read in this NL. Did the ibos tell you to stick to Nigeria? Why can't we create our own nation if at all we are from the same tribe.
Ibos has clearly told us that they don't want anymore why must we drag them back to it. Remember while we are dragging them back we are at the same time doing same to ourselves.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2009
olabukola:

The post above is the most foolish and silly post i have read in this NL. Did the ibos tell you to stick to Nigeria? Why can't we create our own nation if at all we are from the same tribe.
Ibos has clearly told us that they don't want anymore why must we drag them back to it. Remember while we are dragging them back we are at the same time doing same to ourselves.

Roflmao!!!!

Which Ibos told you all this? The ones you met here on nairaland? Or the ones you meet in Nigeria and actually conducted a survey to find this out?

Where was this announcement made? On your computer or to the Federal government by the Ibos? Are you sure you are not being delusional by the claims you continue making so far?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2009
deb:

That is a blatant lie except Nnamdi Azikwe never existed.

And my position about oil being the basis for wanting to have a secession is only
an echo of majority of your people. We all know you don't have any other meaningful reason to want to secede and if you
in particular have another reason then you are a minority amongst the retards.

The success of lagos now should tell you that we have moved from thinking about oil as a means of development.
Be that as it may, oil as a national cake or not, you guys are going no where at the least for the sake of your other
low lifers who still think oil is everything.

I hate to repeat myself.
I have told you times without number to concentrate on your own life and your own nation and leave us to worry about our own.
You seems to busy yourself telling us what our people believe or didn't believe, what their majority likes or dislike. You have made yourself the self appointed expert on what is no of your concern.
And now, you new we have no other reason for independent except oil despite telling you time without numbers that we don't give a damn about crude oil and that show that you have nothing positive to say.
We are low lifers and still you wants us going nowhere, you must be desperate to be hanging on to low lifers.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
mikeansy:

I dont know where u got that statistics from.

I also think you need to sit back and ask yourself why your idea is yet to work?

I also wonder why you have failed to mobilise your 99% to take up arms against the Nigerian state.

Politics is a game of concensus building not tigbuo zugbuo, we are not in Ariaria Market.

If you dont know where he gets his statistics that is a shame because he is an Igboman telling you thing s happening in Igboland. The same way no outside will tell you about your household better than you.

There are better way to go about certain things in the 21st century without killing or shedding blood, which many of you would love. If we had call to arms, I am sure you will be the first talk and give your unsolicited advise on why we can't talk talk. With people like you, we can never win, even if we walk on our heads, you will always have something else to occupy you.
If you knew what the words Tigbuo Zogbuo means, I wonder why your sarcastic comment of mobilising 99% to take up arms against Nigeria means then. And Ariaria market is where millions makes decent living and not equationed to Tigbuo Zugbuo.
Make up your mind.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Mowire: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
olabukola:

Doesn't look to me like you are anything near as intelligent as the poster you called foolish!

Who says the igbos should not go if they want to? I am of the opinion that everyone (at least most ppl) who had not written in direct support of this MASSOB agenda has done is to just point out certain cons of the intention/agitation to noisemaker "Biafran" on NL. And so far they seem to be hard of reasoning

How on earth can any sensible person (I really hate to use this kind of expression here) compare the situation of a Nigerian (of any tribe whatsoever) owning business in and propety in other nations, who are not at war with Nigeria, with the situation that will arise when (if) Nigeria is balkanised.

These noisemaker "Biafran" on NL can't seem to be capable of the simple reasoning/logic that the Emerging nations from the present Nigeria will think about their citizens first in every policy they make, and that will include business ownership. HAVE THEY NEVER HEARD OF NATIONALIZATION OF FOREIGN BIZ AND ASSET? For God sake, those nations will just be starting from scratch and I can bet than all assets belonging to foreigners will surely be converted to state asset.

What one like me have tried to point out to these people is that they should demonstrate their seriousness by ensuring that their kith and kins invest more within the Biafra territory. Presently a typical iboman has 80% of his business/investment in other parts of Nigeria. They don't even see that they are far more resposible for their underdevelopment than the Hausaman is.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

Bialegend and others it seems u can't comprehend the simple logic that:

- Yorubas do not mind if Nigeria is divided
- Yorubas do not mind if Biafra is created

The issue here is how it is done,
so that it is not done at the cost of loss of lives, hence the reason for the advise to Yorubas in the north to come back home, because in the real sense of the word: Nigeria is still an amalgamation of different nations. Hence whether or not Ibos and Yorubas have businesses in the north does not mean it is there land, it only means they are resident there.

Thus it is a wise decision to come back to where there really ancestral home is in the west or tell me why do you ibos like to go back to your villages during festive periods, why not choose to call your northern cities or western cities your ancestral homes.

Yoruba don't this and that and for donkey years we are wainting for best method of achieving it as you guys claims to know best but nothing is forth coming, rather, you are ever positioning yourself about who will be president and who doesn't. Give me one single example of an act or action that signifies that Yorubas are not comfortable with the Nigerian present statu quo?
If Nigeria is a true one nation, you dare not call anyone a resident or non indegine in his own country.
Why is Igbos travelling home to perform their natural traditional rites and festival that has been around for thousands of years always a problem for you guys or even sometimes a bout of a joke? I dont get it.
If I remember correctly Jesus was born in Bethlehem his parents home town because they travel back home their for census, this was even in the ancient of time. It normal and had been that people will travel to their birth place to celebrate, if such is weird culture for some of you, do you see why we are different?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
Mowire:

Doesn't look to me like you are anything near as intelligent as the poster you called foolish!

Who says the igbos should not go if they want to? I am of the opinion that everyone (at least most ppl) who had not written in direct support of this MASSOB agenda has done is to just point out certain cons of the intention/agitation to noisemaker "Biafran" on NL. And so far they seem to be hard of reasoning

How on earth can any sensible person (I really hate to use this kind of expression here) compare the situation of a Nigerian (of any tribe whatsoever) owning business in and propety in other nations, who are not at war with Nigeria, with the situation that will arise when (if) Nigeria is balkanised.

These noisemaker "Biafran" on NL can't seem to be capable of the simple reasoning/logic that the Emerging nations from the present Nigeria will think about their citizens first in every policy they make, and that will include business ownership. HAVE THEY NEVER HEARD OF NATIONALIZATION OF FOREIGN BIZ AND ASSET? For God sake, those nations will just be starting from scratch and I can bet than all assets belonging to foreigners will surely be converted to state asset.

What one like me have tried to point out to these people is that they should demonstrate their seriousness by ensuring that their kith and kins invest more within the Biafra territory. Presently a typical iboman has 80% of his business/investment in other parts of Nigeria. They don't even see that they are far more resposible for their underdevelopment than the Hausaman is.

Biafran independent has nothing to do with war or fanthorm war. We are not in a war with anybody, unless you are in any sort of war?
If you really want to answer your question, about owning a property within your so called enemies territory. Ask what happen to Croats, Bosnias properties and businesses in Serbia and vise visa? What is British companies doing in Argentina or even Argentine players earning a living in the English prmier league having fought a bitter war and not best of friend till today. What is American companies doing in Venezuela despite Chavez hostilties. Why is co coca cola or pepsi even selling in Russia?

You are not talking to illiterates, NATIONALIZATION OF FOREIGN COMPANIES doesnt mean the same as seizing Foreign asset. That process means that majority of the shares of that companies is be the held by the state or their nationals, it is also called INDEGINIZATION ECONOMIC POILCY.
As the minister finance immedtaly after the war, Awolowo did it and that is why companies like PZ, UAC, AG Leventis, ITT, RT BRISCOE, Nigerian Breweries, Barclays Bank, BP (now AP) etc ended up in the hands of Yoruba people as majority shareholders of those companies till this day but still under their foreign owner. Dont at least talk about something you knew nothing about or think you knew about.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2009

If you dont know where he gets his statistics that is a shame because he is an Igboman telling you thing s happening in Igboland. The same way no outside will tell you about your household better than you.

There are better way to go about certain things in the 21st century without killing or shedding blood, which many of you would love. If we had call to arms, I am sure you will be the first talk and give your unsolicited advise on why we can't talk talk. With people like you, we can never win, even if we walk on our heads, you will always have something else to occupy you.
If you knew what the words Tigbuo Zogbuo means, I wonder why your sarcastic comment of mobilising 99% to take up arms against Nigeria means then. And Ariaria market is where millions makes decent living and not equationed to Tigbuo Zugbuo.
Make up your mind.

Man! Talk is cheap o. See as the guy dey blab shocked
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi and Bialegend goodluck to you guys

I am off any topic like this on Nairaland.

But folks like you need to choose between driving away heretics or seeking converts
Probably Eziachi could explain to us the benefits of self isolation in the 21st century.

I am no less Igbo than any of you, I am just a pragmatist.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by No2Atheism(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi:

Yoruba don't this and that and for donkey years we are wainting for best method of achieving it as you guys claims to know best but nothing is forth coming, rather, you are ever positioning yourself about who will be president and who doesn't. Give me one single example of an act or action that signifies that Yorubas are not comfortable with the Nigerian present statu quo?
If Nigeria is a true one nation, you dare not call anyone a resident or non indegine in his own country.
Why is Igbos travelling home to perform their natural traditional rites and festival that has been around for thousands of years always a problem for you guys or even sometimes a bout of a joke? I dont get it.
If I remember correctly Jesus was born in Bethlehem his parents home town because they travel back home their for census, this was even in the ancient of time. It normal and had been that people will travel to their birth place to celebrate, if such is weird culture for some of you, do you see why we are different?

Give me one single example of an act or action that signifies that Yorubas are not comfortable with the Nigerian present statu quo?

1. Restricting most of their investments to within Yorubaland.
2. Requesting yorubas from the north to come back home to the Yorubalands in Kwara, Kogi, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, Ekiti, Osun.

1. The mere fact that you choose to call it home tells even you that your subconscious knows your place of resident is not your ancestral home and thus you really do not have a cultural claim over the land where you have residence outside of the 5 Igbo states(Ebonyi,Abia,Imo,Enugu,Anambra), if and when nigeria becomes balkanised or breaks-up.

1. Nigeria is an amalgamation of different nations not really one nation, hence there would always be strive.
2. As an Igbo resident born in Lagos state does not make you an indigene of Lagos same way a Yoruba man resident and born in Owerri does not make him an indigene of owerri.

--------------------------------------------------------

My observation of Igbos is that:

1. On one hand you want to claim any [b]benefits [/b]of a so called one-nigeria that you can get your hands on and yet on another hand you also want to claim the benefit of Biafra. You can't eat your cake and have it.

2. If the truth be said, Igbos are fiercely tribalistic both within their our region and most especially to non-igbos.

------------------------------------------------------

The point i am making to you still remains that:

1. Yorubas could careless whether or not you go, we have little or no investements tied up in your lands, hence its actually Igbos that stand to lose in event of a violent break-up.

2. Yorubas have always been going it alone even before you guys were still living in clans.

3. Most of the mains structures in the West were constructed before the oil boom and have been sustained through vibrancy of the Yoruba group and not through any igbo contribution. It is an open secret that though igbos have been consuming public infrastructures in the west, they have really contributed little or nothing to further development of public infrastructures, hence its not like we would miss you if you leave, cus the reality is that we would not.

4. The main issue here is that Biafra should be done and achieved in a war that would not bring about War on all sides cus the truth is that all sides in a war would lose something.

5. Biafra can be achieved via dialogue of which the first step can be devolution and full resource control for all parties involved in nigeria.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2009

But folks like you need to choose between driving away heretics or seeking converts
Probably Eziachi could explain to us the benefits of self isolation in the 21st century.

You are the best Igbo on this thread and you could be my best friend really. You are forward thinking
and I should believe you are a very exposed person. You do exude so much wisdom and positivity. Nigeria needs more of you
and most especially the igbos. My reason is because your type can be voted a president in Nigeria.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi:

Biafran independent has nothing to do with war or fanthorm war. We are not in a war with anybody, unless you are in any sort of war?

I am sorry but the above is as naïve as any Nigerian can get. Why do you think there was a war back in 1967. What has changed since then to rule out the possibility of a war this time around? Please do tell!

And please, do not bother coming back with some comparison with another country that does not have near the complexities that exists in Nigeria today, cause that is just seriously ignorant( no insult meant here).

Eziachi:

If you really want to answer your question, about owning a property within your so called enemies territory. Ask what happen to Croats, Bosnias properties and businesses in Serbia and vise visa? What is British companies doing in Argentina or even Argentine players earning a living in the English prmier league having fought a bitter war and not best of friend till today. What is American companies doing in Venezuela despite Chavez hostilties. Why is co coca cola or pepsi even selling in Russia?

Dude, this is not Croatia, Bosnia or Serbia. This is Nigeria where resource like OIL and land is at the middle of it all. British companies in Argentina have nothing to do with Nigeria. Argentine Players earning a living in Britain has absolutely NOTHING to do with this either.

On America/Venezuela issue, there are currently international laws that allow them, and Chavez himself knows he has a lot to gain from allowing the relationship continue however NOTHING will stop Chavez from tomorrow changing his mind and kicking them all out tomorrow. It is a fact of how the world works. Nigeria has the right to decide not to allow Biafra-ns to own property within its territory. What are you Biafra-ns going to do about that if that came up (if you ask me, it is likely to happen).

That coca cola and Pepsi sell in Russia does not, I repeat does not mean that cannot change tomorrow. Even here in the United States, WALMART has a hard time having a base in some towns and cities, even though it is American and the towns and cities are on the same shore.

Please let us stop being naïve about this and start dealing with reality and facts.

Eziachi:

You are not talking to illiterates, NATIONALIZATION OF FOREIGN COMPANIES doesnt mean the same as seizing Foreign asset. That process means that majority of the shares of that companies is be the held by the state or their nationals, it is also called INDEGINIZATION ECONOMIC POILCY.

Dude, no matter how you choose to slice and dice it, the question asked by the @Poster remains valid. And if you are a Biafra-n ibo, should be one of the many things you ought to be considering.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by xxxinchdep: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
it aint about biafra or house or reaaches. our dream is to be like a melting pot lagos however, the presure from different tribes put us in a painful situation. no want to suffer for long we need to fight back, it is time to arise and shine. not just igbo yoruba and hause. the leaders have failed everyone. they are old and weak and the youth are the ones giving them protection u need to fight back. it is social call problem. old vs young, hunger vs greed. ignorance vs educated. aged vs youth. lets see who will fall when the opposing force keep coming
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by xxxinchdep: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
it aint about biafra or house or reaaches. our dream is to be like a melting pot lagos however, the presure from different tribes put us in a painful situation. no want  to suffer for long we need to fight back, it is time to arise and shine. not just igbo yoruba and hause. the leaders have failed everyone. they are old and weak and the youth are the ones giving them protection u need to fight back. it is social call problem. old vs young, hunger vs greed. ignorance vs educated. aged vs youth. lets see who will fall when the opposing force keep coming
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by RichyBlacK(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
Ijawman:
You cannot own a property in a land you are not a legal resident (by which I mean a citizen or permanent residence). Take that to the bank; it is a blank cheque. You are an ignoramus and if people like you are the ones championing Biafra, then I pity the course. Igbos will lose big time.

@Ijawman,

Stop making firm statements like the one in bold when you're not 100% sure. You may need to broaden your knowledge about immigrant rights worldwide before coming to a forum like this to make categorically false statements.

I will post counterexamples to show the falsity of your statement:

1. In the U.S. visitors can own property. A non-resident alien can buy a house in America.
2. In the U.S. a temporary worker (not a citizen and not a permanent resident) can buy a home.

Please learn to inject some level of uncertainty when trying to make statements on topics you're not sure about. For example:
In many countries, it is difficult to own property if you're not a citizen or permanent resident.

Note also that terms like "citizen" and "permanent resident" are not amorphous but very well defined. Hence, you cannot arbitrarily broaden their definitions.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but the above is as naïve as any Nigerian can get. Why do you think there was a war back in 1967. What has changed since then to rule out the possibility of a war this time around? Please do tell!

And please, do not bother coming back with some comparison with another country that does not have near the complexities that exists in Nigeria today, cause that is just seriously ignorant( no insult meant here).

Dude, this is not Croatia, Bosnia or Serbia. This is Nigeria where resource like OIL and land is at the middle of it all. British companies in Argentina have nothing to do with Nigeria. Argentine Players earning a living in Britain has absolutely NOTHING to do with this either.

On America/Venezuela issue, there are currently international laws that allow them, and Chavez himself knows he has a lot to gain from allowing the relationship continue however NOTHING will stop Chavez from tomorrow changing his mind and kicking them all out tomorrow. It is a fact of how the world works. Nigeria has the right to decide not to allow Biafra-ns to own property within its territory. What are you Biafra-ns going to do about that if that came up (if you ask me, it is likely to happen).

That coca cola and Pepsi sell in Russia does not, I repeat does not mean that cannot change tomorrow. Even here in the United States, WALMART has a hard time having a base in some towns and cities, even though it is American and the towns and cities are on the same shore.

Please let us stop being naïve about this and start dealing with reality and facts.

Dude, no matter how you choose to slice and dice it, the question asked by the @Poster remains valid. And if you are a Biafra-n ibo, should be one of the many things you ought to be considering.

Can you imagine living in the most advance nation in the world but still reasons the way you do, telling me that Bosnia or Croatia is not Nigeria as if Nigeria exist in isolation. That is laughable.  There are something call asset re-acquizistion concept based on the U.N charter since 1946, which protect ordinary people and nations in the event you are invisaging, where the host country's asset is used to compesate the people or nation involved.

We were told that the war ended in 1970, unless you are still fighting and who you are fighting with? Doesn't your war mongering and kill and bury buttress our insecurity within the concept of Nigeria?
Don't call me dude, I just educate you and the ignorant fellow ranting about NATIONALISATION without having any idea what it means.  What is going on in this blog, no matter how abuse it gets, its still positive because, through that you can get the mindset of those you are dealing with and you can get our mindset too on how an ordianry Igbo person feel about Nigeria despite all the negatives you tent to worry more than we do.

There are limitation to what anybody can do in this 21st century, Chavez or Nigerian inclusive. There things that Chavez will do and if its against the international law that results in foreign firm unjustly lossing asset or money in the process, he knew that the law required that his country asset or expot earning will be frozen to settle the companies. There are millions of Nigerians investment in Cameroon despite the Bakasssi that nearly resulted in war and did you hear Cameroon talking about Nigerian assets as their plea bargain?
Despite that, the biggest market in Cameroon was finished in 2004 and officially called Biafran market in Douala by the authorities.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by xxxinchdep: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
the real man are dead. every one talk loosely why do one fight? u fight for a just cause for a true meaning not just for tribal reason. nigerians are suiffering from the babaginda and yaradu. the youth are broke. people are dying, kids being raped.no one cares i bet u if nigeria see another blood shed it will open the eyes of the rich. and lazy. as science say population determine dorminace and those with natural selection will survive in the competition or die.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by xxxinchdep: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
the real man are dead. every one talk loosely why do one fight? u fight for a just cause for a true meaning not just for tribal reason. nigerians are suiffering from the babaginda and yaradu. the youth are broke. people are dying, kids being raped.no one cares i bet u if nigeria see another blood shed it will open the eyes of the rich. and lazy. as science say population determine dorminace and those with natural selection will survive in the competition or die.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi:

Can you imagine living in the most advance nation in the world but still reasons the way you do, telling me that Bosnia or Croatia is not Nigeria as if Nigeria exist in isolation. That is laughable.  There are something call asset re-acquizistion concept based on the U.N charter since 1946, which protect ordinary people and nations in the event you are invisaging, where the host country's asset is used to compesate the people or nation involved.

Yes, Nigeria does not exist in Isolation but the situation in Bosnia or Croatia does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT compare to that in Nigeria.

If you truly believe they are, then please avail us with information on similarities rather than continue to tell us it is without hard evidence of this.  Just because there was serious conflict out in those areas before the resolution does not make them anywhere close to what we have in Nigeria today.

Eziachi:

We were told that the war ended in 1970, unless you are still fighting and who you are fighting with? Doesn't your war mongering and kill and bury buttress our insecurity within the concept of Nigeria?

I never posted that there is currently a war as the one you imagine. But if you were up to date on issues in your country, you would realize that the battle on Resource control continues to this day. To then decide the way to resolve this is to allow Biafra-n ibos have their way is akin to starting a civil war and my friend, that is highly likely considering the tension that has continued to exist in that country over this issue.

I am not exactly sure why you find that hard to picture considering you claim to be more conversant with Nigerian and Ibo affairs than I am( even though chances are I am more Ibo than you can ever claim to be, only that you probably think there is no chance of that because I do not see the world through the same goggles as you do).

Eziachi:

Don't call me dude, I just educate you and the ignorant fellow ranting about NATIONALISATION without having any idea what it means.  What is going on in this blog, no matter how abuse it gets, its still positive because, through that you can get the mindset of those you are dealing with and you can get our mindset too on how an ordianry Igbo person feel about Nigeria despite all the negatives you tent to worry more than we do.

I wish you could educate yourself at least in the reality of the situation in your country, that is, outside of your imagined ideas of how things really are and you might better understand that you are incapable of educating anyone else at this time.

FYI, You do not speak for all Ibos. Not all Ibos buy into this Biafra-n delusion dream of yours. That you are here with some of your Biafra-n pals does not mean Ibos who are working hard to earn a living for themselves and create a better future for self and family will think you and your ideas sensible and realistic.  If you could at least understand that, you would maybe understand why your senators and people are back home crying for resource control in Nigeria and not in Biafra.

Eziachi:

There are limitation to what anybody can do in this 21st, Chavez or Nigerian inclusive.

There things that Chavez will do and if its against the international law that results in foreign firm unjustly lossing asset or money in the process, he knew that the law required that his country asset or expot earning will be frozen to settle the companies. There are millions of Nigerians investment in Cameroon despite the Bakasssi that nearly resulted in war and did you hear Cameroon talking about Nigerian assets as their plea bargain?
Despite that, the biggest market in Cameroon was finished in 2004 and officially called Biafran market in Douala by the authorities.

Oh please!!! Go tell that to North Korea, Zimbabwe and Iran. Heck, try to fill Somalia and Sudan in on that while you are at it.

Just because the bakassi issue worked out as it did, DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT mean a Biafra-n issue will turn out the same way, dude!!! Please go work on your understanding of Nigeria and how the rift that exists between tribes on the issue of resource control ( includes land, minerals etc).
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes, Nigeria does not exist in Isolation but the situation in Bosnia or Croatia does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT compare to that in Nigeria.

If you truly believe they are, then please avail us with information on similarities rather than continue to tell us it is without hard evidence of this. Just because there was serious conflict out in those areas before the resolution does not make them anywhere close to what we have in Nigeria today.

I never posted that there is currently a war as the one you imagine. But if you were up to date on issues in your country, you would realize that the battle on Resource control continues to this day. To then decide the way to resolve this is to allow Biafra-n ibos have their way is akin to starting a civil war and my friend, that is highly likely considering the tension that has continued to exist in that country over this issue.

I am not exactly sure why you find that hard to picture considering you claim to be more conversant with Nigerian and Ibo affairs than I am( even though chances are I am more Ibo than you can ever claim to be, only that you probably think there is no chance of that because I do not see the world through the same goggles as you do).

I wish you could educate yourself at least in the reality of the situation in your country, that is, outside of your imagined ideas of how things really are and you might better understand that you are incapable of educating anyone else at this time.

FYI, You do not speak for all Ibos. Not all Ibos buy into this Biafra-n delusion dream of yours. That you are here with some of your Biafra-n pals does not mean Ibos who are working hard to earn a living for themselves and create a better future for self and family will think you and your ideas sensible and realistic. If you could at least understand that, you would maybe understand why your senators and people are back home crying for resource control in Nigeria and not in Biafra.

Oh please!!! Go tell that to North Korea, Zimbabwe and Iran. Heck, try to fill Somalia and Sudan in on that while you are at it.

Just because the bakassi issue worked out as it did, DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT mean a Biafra-n issue will turn out the same way, dude!!! Please go work on your understanding of Nigeria and how the rift that exists between tribes on the issue of resource control ( includes land, minerals etc).

Very funny indeed, You were always making bland statement and when you are given instances of event that doesn't agree with your wild and unfounded theory, your reaction is to dismiss it with wave of hand and instantly forgeting what you were originally claiming. I have given you example with the Bakassi issue and all you can say is JUST BECAUSE THE BAKASSI ISSUE WORKED OUT- but your statement before hand alluded that such thing was impossible. That very funny.

And this is your statement above (in bold):
If you truly believe they are, then please avail us with information on similarities rather than continue to tell us it is without hard evidence of this. Just because there was serious conflict out in those areas before the resolution does not make them anywhere close to what we have in Nigeria today.

Here are similarities for you where dispite secession that was bitter, citizens and compaines never lose their liquid or hard Cash.

(1) The major Shareholder in the one of world biggest corporations BECHTEL CORPORATION is Dejan Yankovic and he is a CROAT and despite the hostility between the croats and the Serbia he did not lose any of his asset and not even a pin in Zagreb and still has his masion in that city.

(2) The Uzbeks since the dissolution of Soviet Union are not the best of buddies with Russia but still men like Dr Usmanov (27% owner of Arsenal FC) an Uzbek still had his wealth worth billions in Russia.

(3) Only last years Russian and Georgia fought a bitter war, but Sergie Kyriatth Kushnavilli is still one of the richest in Russia and guess what? he is a Georgian.
Do you want more?
In this modern times, no Biafra will lose a pin inside Nigeria at independent without Nigerian foreign asset being use to pay the person. I am not saying it, its international law, covered under the UN charter. Nigeria is signatory to it and doesn't live in isolation.

But our aspiration has not been based in conflict,war etc. It was people like that goes on about war as if its scenanimous with any quest for freedom. We will sit down tomorrow and negotiate our exit without spilling blood and its not in our nature spilling blood. 1967-1970 war, we werent the aggressors, we only defended ourself and our dignity against the invaders. Our track record is not tainted with violent aggression, at least you must agree to that.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2009
mikeansy:

You must be far less Igbo than me, if you are not passionate about our future. Biafra independent is not called isolation, unless you don't know what Isolation means. For a Briton to say he doesnt want a united one nation with Germany, France and Italy doesnt mean that they wants to live in isolation and that is why they are all in E.U as economic and social partners. The E.U collapse tomorrow if anyone starts creating a United States of Europe with one leader calling the shot from London, Berlin or Paris. Can you imagine an Englishman voting a German for president ever. Why is Nigeria different? because that is exactly the scenario, Nigeria actually represent if you use Europe as a yardstick.

Quest for independent had been around since God created man and are till around and that is why in the past 20 years alone, almost 30 new nations had emerged all over the world and non of them is living in isolation. And very soon Southern Sudan (Darfur) will follow suit.
Just because we are in ECOWAS doesnt mean people of Togo, Benin or even Equatorial Guinea want to become one entity with Nigeria and I dont think that makes them living in isolation.
I don't need to explain this to you, your're created with some white membrane in your skull.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by KnowAll(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2009
They should let the igbos go if they want to after all they have a terrible erosion problem, you cannot plant anything on their land, you need to go to the east and see gully erosion consuming whole small communities all over east central state. Except of course the Biafrans are banking on Niger delta’s oil as a source of revenue, I trust tompolo and his boys they will not give that up without a fight.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by dolafriend: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Let us not disturb ourselves with on this issue because what is gonna be is gonna be.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by NINETOFIVE(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
Kobojunkie,

You 've just proved that you are an imbecilic slowpoke, I ve  been holding myself not to reply to any of your neurotic comments , cause I know you are laudate, You can fool some people but not me, The same way Laduate is a confused transvestite and brutally anti Igbo at any slightest opportunity while stupendously pro Yoruba and at the same time claim she is not Yoruba, Is a trend I 've seen repeat itself once again, which shows how deranged and low IQed you are.  the premise of most of your write ups gives away your identity and also shows what a low lifer we all have the opportunity of getting acquainted with. the way you pertinaciously recycle the same thought process over again without actually listening to yourself beats every logical reasoning.  

@WilyWily, even you would attest to the fact that all families are not the same. How exactly can anyone compare Serbia- Montenegro with Biafra -Nigeria? I mean did Montenegro harbor most of Serbia's resources within it's territory?   It would be way way easier for the Notherners to Secede, than it would for Ibos to do that carrying most all the resources that currently fund all of the country with them. Expect a fight to the death here, and I am not talking of me here. I am talking of the most likely reality here.

Do you actually think before you type or is this a mere jocular display of despotic sensationism? you can not be taken serious with this level of tyrannic thought process. You reason actually like a thief, natural resources are not acquired they are gift of nature. People should not be made to fill guilty because of the natural resources in their land, first of all you nut jobs tried to harp on your perceived disunity of the Igbos which is non of you people's business, then you people  tried to intentionally fool yourself that Igbo land does not extend to some parts of Rivers {fuelling you peoles landlock theory}, Delta and even Benue {like the Igbo speaking people in those areas would just go away}Apparently all these fraud were not successful which is now forcing out  the Demon in you guys to your own peril. Are you as a sane person trying to say that the Igbos should be held hostage because of the resources in Igboland?

If the argument is that Biafra-n’s are the majority  in Ibo land, something I SERIOUSLY doubt, what about the rest of the country and their feelings to the ibos wanting to escape from the hell they helped in creating? Not just escape, but escape with most of the countries resources as well as keep their investments in other parts of Nigeria as Biafra-n property? Even a mad man living under the isolo bridge will tell you that will NEVER happen.  

Your preposterous claim that the Igbos helped in creating whatever hell you re talking about here is ludicrous based on the fact the Igbos indicated from the on set that they are not interested in the Nigerian union, You know your statement is not valid but for the fact that is a new line you fabricated to defend the impossible, you can continue to once again recycle it until you are bored of it.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
Eziachi:

Very funny indeed, You were always making bland statement and when you are given instances of event that doesn't agree with your wild and unfounded theory, your reaction is to dismiss it with wave of hand and instantly forgeting what you were originally claiming. I have given you example with the Bakassi issue and all you can say is JUST BECAUSE THE BAKASSI ISSUE WORKED OUT- but your statement before hand alluded that such thing was impossible. That very funny.

Bland Statements? Ok.

Here is the a bit about Bakassi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakassi

It consists of a number of low-lying, largely mangrove covered islands covering an area of around 665 km². The population of Bakassi is the subject of some dispute, but is generally put at between 150,000 and 300,000 people.

The peninsula is commonly described as "oil-rich", though in fact no commercially viable deposits of oil have yet been discovered. However, the area has aroused considerable interest from oil companies in the light of the discovery of rich reserves of high grade crude oil elsewhere in Nigeria. At least eight multinational oil companies have participated in the exploration of the peninsula and its offshore waters.

Here is a bit about Biafra of old

Enclosed in Biafra's borders were[b] over 29,400 square miles (76,000 km2) of land;[/b] the land borders were shared with Nigeria to the north and Cameroon to the east. Its coast was on the Gulf of Guinea in the south.

Now, if you go through all the areas in the East, we are talking over 50% of the Countries Resources(Oil, Coal etc). Now considering that man power, the land resources and the cost of the removal of Biafra from Nigeria, do you still tell me that Biafra and Bakassi are the same issue?

a) Did Serbia leave with half of the country's mineral and land resources? Was there a war or where they allowed to leave PEACEFULLY?

b) Did Croatia do the same? Was there a war or did they leave peacefully?

Prior the war in 1991, Croats made up 17.3% of the population, less than in previous years. From 1971 to 1991, the Croat percentage fell in most of Bosnian-Herzegovian municipalities due to a slower rate of natural increase than Bosniaks, as well as emigration into Croatia and lands of western Europe. Fall in percentage is only absent in western Herzegovina municipalities were Croats made more than 98% of population. The majority of Croats live in Western Herzegovina, Western Bosnia, Central Bosnia and Posavina (BiH Croats 1991). The war saw a large scale of ethnic cleansing and the migration of populations on all sides. Municipalities in which Croats are the majority in Bosnia and Herzegovina today: Mostar, Stolac, Ravno, Čapljina, Neum, Čitluk, Grude, Kiseljak, Kreševo, Livno, Ljubuški, Kupres, Dobretići, Odžak, Domaljevac-Šamac, Orašje, Posušje, Prozor-Rama, Široki Brijeg, Tomislavgrad, Vitez, Žepče, Usora, Novi Travnik and Busovača.

I get the sense that you think because I do not see the point in your view means I am the EVIL one here, but that is not the case. Again, for all you know, I could be more Ibo and able to pull my family tree from way back before the british showed up than you can boast of being able to. Please stop with this need to make moot my points by attacking with reasons that do not connect, believing somehow that you speak for all Ibos. That is not the case!

Eziachi:

And this is your statement above (in bold):

Here are similarities for you where dispite secession that was bitter, citizens and compaines never lose their liquid or hard Cash.

(1) The major Shareholder in the one of world biggest corporations BECHTEL CORPORATION is Dejan Yankovic and he is a CROAT and despite the hostility between the croats and the Serbia he did not lose any of his asset and not even a pin in Zagreb and still has his masion in that city.

(2) The Uzbeks since the dissolution of Soviet Union are not the best of buddies with Russia but still men like Dr Usmanov (27% owner of Arsenal FC) an Uzbek still had his wealth worth billions in Russia.

(3) Only last years Russian and Georgia fought a bitter war, but Sergie Kyriatth Kushnavilli is still one of the richest in Russia and guess what? he is a Georgian.
Do you want more?
In this modern times, no Biafra will lose a pin inside Nigeria at independent without Nigerian foreign asset being use to pay the person. I am not saying it, its international law, covered under the UN charter. Nigeria is signatory to it and doesn't live in isolation.

But our aspiration has not been based in conflict,war etc. It was people like that goes on about war as if its scenanimous with any quest for freedom. We will sit down tomorrow and negotiate our exit without spilling blood and its not in our nature spilling blood. 1967-1970 war, we werent the aggressors, we only defended ourself and our dignity against the invaders. Our track record is not tainted with violent aggression, at least you must agree to that.

Wait a minute . . .  something is wrong here. I asked you for similarities and the above is what you give me? I am shocked. You compared the Biafra-n situation to the Bosnian/Croatian situation. I asked you for reasons why you would want to believe they are one and the same and the above is what you dish out?

Is this how you compare the Biafra-n case in Nigeria to the examples you listed? You seriously want to compare what led to secession and the problems that existed for them with the one that Biafra –ns currently face in Nigeria in this way?

If I had to go off the so called similarities you provide above. Are you saying it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for the Russian government to decide that the Georgian Million be kicked out of Russia tomorrow, losing all assets he has in Russia in the process? Is it your thought that Russia cannot it’s mind towards these foreigners tomorrow? I really do not understand why you continue to skip the vital part of the question asked you. What has there existing a millionaire in Russia from Georgia to do with the fact that even his continuing in Russia is not GUARANTEED and his status and that of other Georgians in Russia can also change tomorrow? Why do you refuse to think of these things? I gave you examples of how even Walmart gets kicked around in the United States of America, what makes you think any person from any country is has his future guaranteed in another country? I am really finding it hard to understand how you can pretend to speak for all Ibos and offer up the explanations you continue to.

In my opinion, Biafra of old may have actually been for a good cause, but listening to the so called Biafra-ns on Nairaland, I feel this new push is nothing more than some Ibos way of increasing their LOOTING SURFACE AREA. As soon as they get the country, they can install themselves as leaders and loot away with no competition from the Yorubas or the Hausas. Only problem is the minority tribes cut away will likely be calling for their own independence in no time and the lament of the people will continue to go unheard.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by tpiah: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2009
"brutally anti-Igbo while stupendously pro-Yoruba".

see, this is why asha 80 fell in love with this man ninetofive. (hope he's a man?)
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2009
Eziachi:

You must be far less Igbo than me, if you are not passionate about our future. . . , , I don't need to explain this to you, your're created with some white membrane in your skull.

Ibos who are against YOUR Biafran Fantasy are LESS IBO? KAI!!! This is the very reason why I asked what happens to those Ibos who do not support this Biafra-n fantasy on some other thread!!! I can not believe you would think the above@Eziachi. I am afraid for the future of my people with people like you around.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by OYBMEND: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
Kobojunkie is so tribalistic

tribalism has eaten deep into her membrane that she hates to see others progress

if you tell her that Governor of River State is investing in a project she tells you that he should not have done that, he should have used the money to invest in already existing facilities in Lagos.
You tell her your Governor is doing great things she knocks it down saying nobody should recognise the eforts of any politician while the next moment she is glorifying Fashola.

I have no clue why she is hiding abroad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec / Woman Asks Househelp To Sit On Burning Electric Cooker Coz She Urinated In Bed / Tonyebarcanista's Brilliant Article Featured On Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.