Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,546 members, 7,823,397 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra (5093 Views)

Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:

KoboJunkie,

I am not surprised with your response, such which propel the canvassers of Biafra to do more:

1. You mean there is no Igbo worthy of the presidency? Did we have worthy Yoruba and northerners before they got there and messed up the system with thie incompetence?

Ummm . . .  I am not sure why you have chosen to ask me the above. I never said we have had worthy and competent candidate from the other tribes. Was obasanjo competent? Was he worthy? Was Yar adua competent? Was he worthy?
I guess you will have to expound on this a bit more for me to better respond.

Afaukwu:

2. Obviously, you cannot do much as a minister. The expreriences of Soludo and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala in their bid to enhance the economic fortune of Nigeria are classical examples. Many of their sound policies were overidden by the presidency of the day. You can now see why an Igbo (they have shown themselves worthy) should be allowed to exercise the full authority of a president like YARADUA and Obasanjo have done. Anyways, the PDP has zoned it to the Igbos after Yaradua. Let us see how faithful they will be. Whenever that is the case, I will join the PDP and campaign for the Igbo man/woman they have selected as long as they made a right choice of getting an Igbo who will show the difference between an Igbo and others.

But wait a minute. . . . Are you saying that if an Ibo man is in ASO ROCK number one seat, and an Hausa man as CBN Governor and maybe a Yoruba taking Iweala’s former seat, that we would not get the excuse for why they were not able to accomplish much, as the one you have given me above?
By the way, what do you mean when you say you cannot do much as a minister? Did you really say that?
So for over 40 years, am I to take it that the reason all Ibos in leadership roles have not been able to help better the Ibo cause is because someone from another tribe continues to overwrite their sound policies?

Afaukwu:

3. Is Iwu to be bame for the flop in the election more than Obasanjo and Yaradua the beneficiaries? Now tell me before Iwu came on board who was there and were elections not rigged then? This is not about Iwu as a person but about a system failure. After Iwu is gone, there will still be rigging in Nigeria until the system is corrected. Iwu did not directly oversee the recent election in Ekiti. Was it free and fair?

Actually, my post was to show that even when an Ibo has the seat, there is no guarantee that he/she will do better than his Yoruba or Ijaw or even hausa counterparts. So I see no need to feed this “ENTITLEMENT” mentality at all.
IWU has the power to decide who wins or loses an election. In fact, if he wanted to, he can override what the president says. He has that power, but then does he use it or just continue with the status quo? His decision to make. However he is an Ibo man in a leadership role, and last I checked, elections in the east are no better than those in the west or north as a result.
So, I still if this is just so Ibos can claim they have had someone Ibo or another in the seat. Why should we mind these cries when other tribes are crying out for the same?

Afaukwu:

4. On states, every other zone has six states and the North West even has seven. But the Igbos have five only. This has impacted on
the number of ministers, rep members, senators, federal allocation and all other things coming to the zone. On what basis should Igbos have the least number of states if not for a premeditated arrangement to marginalize them?

I am looking at the Map of Nigeria and I really cannot figure where you need this extra state inserted. Come on!! Another state will solve the ibo problem? Do Ibos really need another state? What next? Should be the Ijaws demand they be given the same number of states as the Ibos? The Midwesterners as well?
Gosh!!!

Afaukwu:

5.On census, you again, also wrote like a kid. Census is a federal affair and no data presented by any state is valid. Go read you constitution. Fashola and Tinubu tried to show that Lagos is more populated than Kano; what effect did it have on the federal govt? So, a well organized census will almost certainly show that Igbos are the single most populated group in Nigeria, and will thus, provide cogent reasons for equating the states and all that follow after that

Wait a second . . . . Tinubu TRIED. What did Ibo States do? Back Tinubu up or just sit on the side and throw their hands up in the air, proclaiming it to be of no use simply because? I remember when Tinubu fought with Obasanjo on this and look at Lagos today? What have your Ibo Governors/senators done on this issue?
OH WAIT!!! I am childish in asking that they step up and represent their people better by doing something at least? Right?

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36529

A parallel census, conducted by the Lagos State in collaboration with the NPC, put Lagos's population at more than 17.5 million, Tinubu said.

‘'The World Bank household survey done in collaboration with the Lagos State Office of Statistics in 2006 showed that the average household size was six,'' said Obafemi Hamzat, Lagos State Commissioner for Science and Technology.

‘'If by NPC admission, the about 4.9 million household forms were filled and scanned using an extremely conservative figure of four persons per household, the population of Lagos State should be around 19.6 million,'' Hamzat said.

Notice the work that actually went into proving the federal government wrong? What have the Ibo states to show for their claim?

Afaukwu:

6. Resource control is being fought mostly by the south south and south east. The Yoruba, and to the greatest extent, the North, are against resource control. Even Uwazuruike the MASSOB leader has asked the MEND guys not to give up on their quest for resource control despite the so-called amnesty. Do you know that the stones in Ogun and Oyo and other stone bearing states in the North are being quarried (mined) by private individuals who only pay taxes to the states? Why is the oil in ND and Igboland (and of course Ondo) different? Why are they not controlled by the states?

Again such idiotic response from you push the massob and mend guys FURTHER deep in their belief

Oh boy!!!! Does calling my response idiotic somehow mean your questions or demands are more logical? Last I checked, it does not, so if you want to continue insulting yourself, be my quest.

Again, the IBO states ARE NOT the only states fighting for resource control so I DO NOT see why this should be granted IBOS just cause they are IBOS. Simple!!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie,

Maryland in the US is far smaller than Utah or Colorado and tens of other states, but has a higher population than those and many other larger states. Nearer home, Lagos is the smalles state but has the highest population (of course, of people from all over Nigeria). Thus, census and therefore resource allocation, is not based on land mass but on THE NUMBER of PEOPLE. Get that into your skull. Orji Kalu also did fight on the census figure of Abia. Tinubu's, Kalu's and other state's efforts amounted to nought as census matter is beyond their (state) purview. The rest of your response are still the same old rigmarole unworthy of a response. Bye
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2009
Afaukwu:

Kobojunkie,

Maryland in the US is far smaller than Utah or Colorado, but has a higher population than those and many other larger states. Census and therefore resource allocation, is not based on land mass but on PEOPLE. Get that into your skull. The rest of your response are still the same old rigmarole unworthy of a response. Bye

4. On states, every other zone has six states and the North West even has seven. But the Igbos have five only. This has impacted on
the number of ministers, rep members, senators, [size=13pt]federal allocation  and all other things coming to the zone[/size]
. On what basis should Igbos have the least number of states if not for a premeditated arrangement to marginalize them?

The above is according to you. So Why are you insulting me for claims you made?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by bandely(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

kolomental

u are joke

for a start, u ve told to address us as igbos

benin not bini

englsih not enrish

ur obvious intention we already known

the igbo spirit makin u uncomfortable

by the way where is becomemoron, like the way he has been readin from the fenec

hey i thnik its too ealry to run out of ideas man

englsih not enrish
lol, anyway be careful when you correct people
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2009
What is wrong in getting federal allocations by people who have overall contributed more than others in the development of a country? What is claim in that? We are talking here about relative proportions. ok!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by FACE(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Again, the IBO states ARE NOT the only states fighting for resource control so I DO NOT see why this should be granted IBOS just cause they are IBOS. Simple!!

Resource control means resource control by every state.

No one is asking for special consideration here. With full control of their resources, Plateau state people will be able to develop their Tin industry and pay taxes to FG while Akwa Ibom people will also be able do the same with their oil.

Ok, put another way ; do you think that all states should be allowed to control and develop their own resources while paying taxes to the Federal government ?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
by kobojonkie
I am looking at the Map of Nigeria and I really cannot figure where you need this extra state inserted. Come on!! Another state will solve the ibo problem? Do Ibos really need another state? What next? Should be the Ijaws demand they be given the same number of states as the Ibos? The Midwesterners as well?
Gosh!!!
Any one who believes in that map of nigeria that intentionally have Igbo states squeezed must have his or her brain re-examined. It is just a drawing and i can draw my own nigerian map that will show you that Igbo land mass is far much bigger than what you have on that fraudulent map. The map of nigeria as it stands today is fraud. It was drawn by the British who have the sole intention of using the illiterate awusas to keep lording it over nigeria indirectly, hence the earmarking of awusa areas as larger than Igbos areas which in reality is not fact.

Remember the fraudulent census count? My Igbo brothers and sisters, none of you should allow him or her self to be foolled by that fraudulent map. That fraudulent map and other negatives things are the price Igbos are paying for being termed as rebellious people who knows that the British know and can not allow them the british to obtain anything cheap in nigeria which is against their wish. They rather chose to work with those imbeciles whom they can easily manipulate to help them in keeping nigeria and the entire black race down as long as they can.

It is just an ordinary map that doesn't portray Igbo land mass as it is supposed to. Just as the map, they also fed us the fraudulent fact that Awusa/fulani are the majority in population followed by the Yorubas, but events based on facts through JAMB results and other available statistics shows that Igbos are more populous than any other ethnic group in nigeria. They fed us all this fraudulent map and census count in school and we swallowed it line, hook and sinker, but we are grown ups now and can think and reason for ourselves with facts on the ground. Fact is, i can draw my own map of nigeria to portray Igbo land mass as it is supposed to be. Nonsense.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2009
Ijawman:

You have houses and properties in Abuja (70% of that city is said to be Igbo-owned) according to ElRufai (2007).
You have billions of houses and investments in Lagos, PH, Calabar and northern and southern states

What happens to these investments when you are no longer Nigerians? Are you going to uproot the buildings and move them to Enugu? Do you have the right to own property in a country where you are not citizens or (legal) permanent residents?

Sometimes you guys makes me laugh by crying more than the beareved. But what is more laughable is the arguement of citizenship and right to own a property. Almost all Nigeria rulers, past and present all have houses in the U.K or U.S, how many of them live permantly in those countries or has a green card?
You people seem to believe that we are living in some sort of isolated world, where you can do anything you like. There are such thing as international law. Have you ask your self what happened to the Jewish properties in Germany?
You guys should at least spent a second and worry about your own problem and leave Biafrans to worry about theirs. Every day you seem to have a new excuse on why we cannot succeed.
Before it used to be that we are landlocked, that one seems not to be so popular again, when people started listing out how many world's succesfful and rich nations that are landlocked even when we are not technically.
Then you changed into the excuse that Biafra is too small, then we reminded you how small in area rich nations like Sweden are.
Then you said Ijaws and other deltas won't follow us, therefore end of the road and we tells you that we don't need them if that is their wish.
The excuse turned that Biafra dont have oil which is a rubbish nonsense, but we listed how many rich nations that doesn't have a drop of oil.

Now you have change the post again. pretty soon you will run out of negative excuses.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2009
Ahmed musa, how many Igbos did you and your illiterate, gworo chewing, alhmajiri brothers and sisters killed today in kano?

@ Bialegend

You write as though its only Igbos that get killed by the Hausas. Those bastards kill non-muslims and non Hausas including Yourbas.
Why is it that it is only you Igbos that clamour for Biafra? Yorubas have warned there people in the north to leave or they are on their own if
they refuse to come back home. Why don't you guys do the same? Besides, Yorubas invest alot in their own region while Igbos don't do the same.
You guys rather go to invest somewhere else. I can bet you, if you get biafra today and the friendly yorubas as usual decide to be lenient with you, Hausa will not be, and you will lose your investment in the North.

I don't even understand why you guys blame all your problems on others. If you guys think Biafra is your solution, you can get lost because I personally don't give a damn about it. Afterall, you guys will still kill one another trying to select a president and before long IMOs will complain of marginalization and that may start another clamor for secession. Retards
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by asha80(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2009
deb:

@ Bialegend

You write as though its only Igbos that get killed by the Hausas. Those bastards kill non-muslims and non Hausas including Yourbas.
Why is it that it is only you Igbos that clamour for Biafra? Yorubas have warned there people in the north to leave or they are on their own if
they refuse to come back home. Why don't you guys do the same?
Besides, Yorubas invest alot in their own region while Igbos don't do the same.
You guys rather go to invest somewhere else. I can bet you, if you get biafra today and the friendly yorubas as usual decide to be lenient with you, Hausa will not be, and you will lose your investment in the North.

I don't even understand why you guys blame all your problems on others. If you guys think Biafra is your solution, you can get lost because I personally don't give a damn about it. Afterall, you guys will still kill one another trying to select a president and before long IMOs will complain of marginalization and that may start another clamor for secession. Retards

Why should people not be free to leave in any part of a country they call their own?Why do we shout one nigeria if we do not know the meaning of one?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are you OK? Where in any of my posts have I claimed it is difficult for me to leave you to your way? I don't care if you chose to move your own family to hell. That is your business and your life.
I am more concerned about the problem you intend to leave behind for innocent Nigerians who are yet again trying to live and make the best of their life in the country, should you push for more commotion in that country in your bid to escape to your Shangri-la a second time around.

Have you not learned from the first attempt that this is more than just you and those who think as you do? We are over 40 years into this and you want to bring this upon your children again?  I don't think you are worth the Walhalla to the innocents who might be forced to spend years dealing with the consequences of your action. Millions of my generations have been dealing with the consequences of the Biafra-n war to date, but for a second time around, you intend for us to have to go through the same for you?

Am I not allowed to object? Oh Wait, I don't have a say because I am not FOR Biafra and so I must not matter.  lol

This is funny!!
You just claimed that you are not concerned about what happened to Igbos anywhere they chose to move and ended up seconds later crying over how concerned you are for their children based on the experience of the first attempt. You worried about the Igbo innocents, what is your business? Just leave us to die in Biafra, since when had our welfare been your problem?
Tell me how the first attempt had affected you as person that you should be crying more than the beareved? This becoming an obsession!!
Why must quest for independent of a people be scenanimous with war or trouble, that will result into your predicted doom consequences?
As if secession is only akin to Biafra alone, when in the last 10 years, almost 50 new nations had emerged and the world did not sink into the Atlantic.
Spent time and concentrate on how you will continue keeping Nigeria a paradise it has become when Igbos goes home and stop worriying about what has nothing to do with you.
How clearer can Biafrans get over this issue. Dont worry about us more than we actually worried, it has nothing whatsoever to do with you guys. If we come back asking for your assitant to let us back into Nigeria, slam the door of paradise on our face.
HABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
This is funny!!
You just claimed that you are not concerned about what happened to Igbos anywhere they chose to move and ended up seconds later crying over how concerned you are for their children based on the experience of the first attempt. You worried about the Igbo innocents, what is your business? Just leave us to die in Biafra, since when had our welfare been your problem?
Tell me how the first attempt had affected you as person that you should be crying more than the beareved? This becoming an obsession!!
Why must quest for independent of a people be scenanimous with war or trouble, that will result into your predicted doom consequences?
As if secession is only akin to Biafra alone, when in the last 10 years, almost 50 new nations had emerged and the world did not sink into the Atlantic.
Spent time and concentrate on how you will continue keeping Nigeria a paradise it has become when Igbos goes home and stop worriying about what has nothing to do with you.
How clearer can Biafrans get over this issue. Dont worry about us more than we actually worried, it has nothing whatsoever to do with you guys. If we come back lasking for your assitant to let us back into Nigeria, slam the door of paradise on our face.
HABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, we all suffered the colonial era together and we all fought for the independence of Nigeria together. If we struggled together and later we discovered oil in your region you cannot leave with it. Period!
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2009
deb:

@ Bialegend

they refuse to come back home. Why don't you guys do the same? Besides, Yorubas invest alot in their own region while Igbos don't do the same.

When was the last time we killed one another?
The same people that build an airport without any govt help and handed over to fed govt? (that must be disunity in action)
The same people that build more than 4000 primary schools and 3600 secondary school between 1970-1981 through community effort and handed over to govt? (That must represents disunity)
The same people that starts businesses without any bank help but through family and communal contribution or apprentice without interest to the beneficiary (it take infighting to achieve that)
The same people that withstands two world super powers, federal forces, Egypt with little or no arms, little food for three good years (it take disunity to achieve that)
You spent all your time telling us that we are not united but cant tell us how united your own tribe is and why every Igbo man must speak with the same sentence to prove to you that we are united as if we are all robots. That Igbos must present a single candidate in oder to become Nigerian president but Buhari and Yar Adua came from the same village and that wasn't presented as Hausa/Fulani disunity.
In 2006 Montenegro seceded from Serbia through a referendum conducted by the UN and it was approved by 51% against 49% that want to continue with Serbia. I wonder what you will say about their unity or disunity when with only 1% majority said yes?
You have never told me how united your mother and father are, because I am sure in all their years of their marriage they have never quarelled, therefore they are not united. United or not its not your business, concentrate on your own life and your own nation and leave us alone to die with our disunity.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
Let me guess your response. Igbos are not being fairly treated right?
You guys should be fighting your corrupt selfish Igbo leaders who embezzle all you allocation.
Everytime I had cause to Igbo lands. I just shake my head at the level of corruption by your leaders.
So many expanse of land left underutilized. Your region is what I will call the real third world, why your leaders
just assume position to steal and steal as much as they could and that is the reason why Nigerians cannot trust
Igbo with presidency ever at least for now. Of course, corrupt leaders abound all over Nigeria, but we all know that
an average Igbo man is worst than any tribe in terms of greed and corruption. The truth hurts and I expect no less than fire spitting from you because the truth really does hurt.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Eziachi: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2009
deb:

My friend, we all suffered the colonial era together and we all fought for the independence of Nigeria together. If we struggled together and later we discovered oil in your region you cannot leave with it. Period!

A lazy man's argument. Despite everything, your mindset is still all about oil. The whole world is preparing themselve toward a non oil world or economy, and here you are basing your terms of relationship of a nation purely on what oil money will provide for you.
I hope you didnt marry your wife because of what she can get from parent to you? Then what happen when the parent are no longer able? Or your wife telling you that she is in love with you because of your wallet size.
We did not fought the independent together, some did and some didnt and some actually was begging the British to stay. Get your facts right.
GET A LIFE!!!!
If my region is he worst in the third or fouth world, its non of your concern, that is why we want to be alone to be able to look at ourselves and solve our problems and with our own chosen leaders and not those appointed from Abuja and answerable to Abuja.
I am sure your area is free of bad leaders, paradise on earth, united as set twins, that is why you should concentrate on your own and leave of us with our own backward area and corrupt leaders.
I am sure in Ekiti state. Fayose and Oni are best of buddies and Oni's family baby sits for Fayemi's family. What about Osun state? Areagbosola and Oyinola are the best of friends. The Awolwo family always had the Akintola's family first in their new year wishes. HYPOCRITE!
Since when has it been your job to worry about our problem more than us?
Those that had a forest on their eyes but busy highlighting the rafters in another man's eyes.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2009
We did not fought the independent together

That is a blatant lie except Nnamdi Azikwe never existed.

And my position about oil being the basis for wanting to have a secession is only
an echo of majority of your people. We all know you don't have any other meaningful reason to want to secede and if you
in particular have another reason then you are a minority amongst the retards.

The success of lagos now should tell you that we have moved from thinking about oil as a means of development.
Be that as it may, oil as a national cake or not, you guys are going no where at the least for the sake of your other
low lifers who still think oil is everything.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2009
I gat to sleep now. will be back on the thread tomorrow morning
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 12:17am On Jul 06, 2009
deb:

@ Bialegend

You are a fool, you little brain nitwit. If they also kill Yorubas, then come out and complain about it. You are an idiot and a lazy one at that if you think that the solution is to tell your Yoruba people to leave northern nigeria and come back to Yoruba areas. Why then is nigeria ONE country if here citizens can not live and trade in any corner of it of their wish? Aren't you mad to suggest that your Yoruba people should leave any part of nigeria which they call their country and head home to only Yoruba areas? Do you see why we call you people lazy and imbecilic morons.
Didn't you say that nigeria is ONE country? Why shouldn't her citizens live and trade in any part of it peacefully?  
I can understand if Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Togo, Ghana rise up one day and tell Igbo people to pack up and go back to their country, but fuckingly not in nigeria where i call my country can any idiot have the right to tell me to leave any part of it where i decide to live and trade and go back to my Igbo area. Then you are fucckingly asking for my trouble.

Idiot, on the reason why we invest anywhere we like in nigeria, first of all, we are what you should call the truest and detribalized nigerians. We have the best interest of nigeria at heart more than you hypocrites, that is why we embrace and call anywhere in nigeria home, settle there and invest our hard earned money there. That is what is called living in ONE county that you called yours. Help to develop such area even though it is not your root area. But same can not be said of your Yoruba and awusa people who are all hypocrites in shouting ONE nigeria, but cant show why they are ONE nigeria.

The second reason is because of human nature of which Igbos are not an exception. Human beings while thinking of the survival of his business have always prefer to migrate where there are better amenities for their businesses. Go and ask your useless awusa and Yoruba fathers why they refuse to build good road networks in Igboland,  International airports anywhere near Igbo land where igbos can fly direct to from abroad instead of having to stop at Lagos first. Ask them why there is no sea port anywhere near Igbo land where Igbos can bring in their imported goods direct from abroad without having to stop at Apapa and Tin can Isalnd sea ports.

Do you know that over 90% of all imported goods that come into your Lagos seaports from abroad are for Igbos? Do you know that after oil, nigeria's next biggest income generator is customs and excise of which 99% of their income comes through Apapa and Tin can sea ports? Do you know how much that will mean to Biafran economy if our country emerges? Do you know why awusas have been controlling and will never want to stop having control over customs department in nigeria? Do you know how much it cost to haul one container of goods by road from Lagos to Onitsha down to other Igbos areas?

Do you know that if it costs an Igbo man 5naira net for every imported goods that comes into Lagos, after hauling it through road (over 15 hours and sometimes 24 hours due to bad road and non fast moving trucks) to Igbo mainland areas, the cost of the goods will come to 7naira due to added costs of transportation from Lagos to Igbo areas. Meanwhile Calabar and Porthacourt sea ports are far much near to Igbo mainland areas and transportation will cost far much less, yet your wicked government can not let our imported goods to come through those sea ports due to misguided fear. And we are supposed to be in ONE nigeria? This is part of the reason why our business men and women migrate to Lagos where it will be easier and profitable for their businesses. Who doesn't want profit? May be only the lazy ones.

Do you know that over 80% of nigerians that fly out and into Lagos from abroad are Igbos? if you doubt it, just use your tongue to count how many Igbos in each flight you happens to be inside coming to lagos from abroad including from Saudi arabia. I say, let your dubious, fraudulent and wicked government develop Igbo road networks, let us fly into Owerri or Enugu airport direct from abroad without having to stop at Lagos, build a sea port at Onitsha or let our goods be imported into Onne Porthacourt or Calabar sea ports direct from abroad without having to go through Apapa and Tincan Lagos and see if our business community are not going to migrate towards home. But knowing fully well that your nigerian government are afraid of Igbos emigrating back to their home, that will never happen  and that is part of the reason why we are clamoring for our country Biafra. Our people were forced to migrate due to several wicked policies of your wicked government, it wasn't by choice.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 06, 2009
Bialegend

Why can't you post without being abusive?
Any change in Nigeria's political landscape today can be achieved only with he support of those you come here to abuse. Why you don't get this simple reality really amazes me.

You need to reduce your anger and understand what Biafra means today.
I have told you this so many times and you just can't get it. Ojukwu opted for secession when he thought the security of Igbos was no longer guaranteed in Nigeria. He did not succeed then simply because the alliances needed then expecially internationally and at the UN where not there.

Britain and UK in their first act of unity during the cold war era supplied the federal forces with amunitions not available in the East.

In this day and age not sure anybody in the East is talking about Secession. People are rather talking about devolution. The Igbos agree with that concept, the South-South agrees, The Yorubas agree and so does the Middle belters. So concensus building is crucial.
Even though Ojukwu was elected President when he ran for President he would not have attempted secession so why you think its of any use coming to the internet abusing everyone and misrepresenting the wish of the Igbos in Present day Nigeria worries me.

I think you need to chill a little bit
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 12:40am On Jul 06, 2009
mikeansy:

Bialegend

Why can't you post without being abusive?
Any change in Nigeria's political landscape today can be achieved only with he support of those you come here to abuse. Why you don't get this simple reality really amazes me.

You need to reduce your anger and understand what Biafra means today.
I have told you this so many times and you just can't get it. Ojukwu opted for secession when he thought the security of Igbos was no longer guaranteed in Nigeria. He did not succeed then simply because the alliances needed then expecially internationally and at the UN where not there.

Britain and UK in their first act of unity during the cold war era supplied the federal forces with amunitions not available in the East.

In this day and age not sure anybody in the East is talking about Secession. People are rather talking about devolution.
Even though Ojukwu was elected President when he ran for President he would not have attempted secession so why you thinks its of any use coming to the internet abusing everyone and misrepresenting the wish of the Igbos in Present day Nigeria worries me.

I think you need to chill a little bit
You are on your own. Fact is 99% of Igbos are talking of secession from nigeria. Wake up from the slumber. Fact is that nigeria is not working and will never work. You mentioned Ojukwu, but just give an Igbo man the chance to be nigeria's president and you will see that nigerians themselves after sometime will start talking about secession. Reason is because all those lopsided policies which were designed to contain Igbos of which i listed some of them above will be reversed and this will severely affect the fraudulent source of garri of awusas and Yorubas.

This will mean that those that are at the moment benefiting from this fraud nigeria will start having problem because by then, they can't compete in a neutral ground. Can you imagine what will be of the hausas and Yorubas when an Igbo led government cedes 100% recource control to all the states? or do you want to tell me that will not be the way to obtain neutrality in affairs in nigeria? Which other group supports 100% control of oil resource apart from the owners and the Igbos?

Do you know what will become of MM airport lagos if igbo are allowed to fly direct into mainland airport from abroad? Do you know what will be beocome of Tincan and Apapa sea ports if Igbos start to import their goods direct from overseas to Calabar and Porthacourt sea ports? It means those places will run dry and people like Atiku and Bode George will have no billions to steal as customs comptrollers.

If you think that Igbo led government will run nigeria and keep all those wicked policies intact as it is today, then you are a joke. Go and ask the awusas and Yorubas why they don't want Igbo man to become their president. It is not necessarily about the person declaring Biafra. They are afraid because such person will come in and set the records straight regarding governance and management in nigeria which will seriously affect their fraudulent source of garri.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 06, 2009
Bialegend:

You are on your own. Fact is 99% of Igbos are talking of secession from nigeria. Wake up from the slumber.

I dont know where u got that statistics from.

I also think you need to sit back and ask yourself why your idea is yet to work?

I also wonder why you have failed to mobilise your 99% to take up arms against the Nigerian state.

Politics is a game of concensus building not tigbuo zugbuo, we are not in Ariaria Market.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Jul 06, 2009
FACE:

Resource control means resource control by every state.

No one is asking for special consideration here. With full control of their resources, Plateau state people will be able to develop their Tin industry and pay taxes to FG while Akwa Ibom people will also be able do the same with their oil.

Ok, put another way ; do you think that all states should be allowed to control and develop their own resources while paying taxes to the Federal government ?

My Post there NEVER alluded to my believing that states ought not to be allowed to control their resources. BUT the major thing here is @Afaukwu came up with a list of things IBOS NEED to succeed in Nigeria claiming they are marginalized. And I simply responded that if most other tribes in the same country are Working on FIGHTING exactly the same things as the Ibos are, why are the IBOS the OPPRESSED.

If you read my response on the issue of Resource control, I did not say States should not be allowed to control their resources. I simply tried to get him to see that Ibo states ARE NOT the only states fighting for resource control, so I think like Other states, they ought to CONTINUE THE FIGHT rather than expect it be handed them on a platter of gold just because they are the IBOS.

Just that I wonder why this percieved notion, by some, that IBOS are the OPPRESSED ones in all this when much the same applies to many of the other tribes.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 1:19am On Jul 06, 2009
mikeansy:

I dont know where u got that statistics from.

I also think you need to sit back and ask yourself why your idea is yet to work?

I also wonder why you have failed to mobilise your 99% to take up arms against the Nigerian state.

Politics is a game of concensus building not tigbuo zugbuo, we are not in Ariaria Market.
Do not worry yourself about the way we are going about it. You can't tell us to carry or not to carry arms. It is none of your business the way we go about acheiving our aim, but have it in your mind that we shall achieve success which ever way we go about it. It is only a fool that will believe that politics is a game of numbers in nigeria. I repeat, only a fool.
Fact is Igbos are the majority in nigeria, if you doubt it, then ask those you lick their arrss to include ethnicity and religion on their census booklets (we asked for it and they refused due to fear of the eventuall truth) and after counting, come back to tell us who are the majority. So going by your analog, Igbos are supposed to be producing the president of nigeria in each an every election, but reverse is the case because of the fraud they imposed on your brain.
They came out with fradulent census and told you that they are more in number and your type foolishly believe them without questioning them how. Then they use force to install themselves as your president and then justify it by making you to believe that they were elected because they are more in number and here you are believing them by saying that politics is a game of numbers in nigeria. Sorry, not in nigeria. Wake up my fren, you don't tell that crap to wise Igbos. It's too cheap.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Jul 06, 2009
Bialegend:

[b]by kobojonkie[/b]Any one who believes in that map of nigeria that intentionally have Igbo states squeezed must have his or her brain re-examined. It is just a drawing and i can draw my own nigerian map that will show you that Igbo land mass is far much bigger than what you have on that fraudulent map. The map of nigeria as it stands today is fraud. It was drawn by the British who have the sole intention of using the illiterate awusas to keep lording it over nigeria indirectly, hence the earmarking of awusa areas as larger than Igbos areas which in reality is not fact.

The Biafra-n map was contained in this only a couple of decades ago, and I don’t remember the complaint being that the Ibo’s did not have enough land. In fact, as it stands today, If the Biafra-n map were to be redrawn, the land mass would be significantly smaller than what was obtained back in 1967 because many of the groups that were counted among the Ibos no longer are.

So I fail to why this map is suddenly the problem. Should the TIVs in the north be force to move to the Ibos can claim more land mass to themselves or something? Should the deltas be asked to move westernward so the Ibos can feel better?

Bialegend:

Remember the fraudulent census count? My Igbo brothers and sisters, none of you should allow him or her self to be foolled by that fraudulent map. That fraudulent map and other negatives things are the price Igbos are paying for being termed as rebellious people who knows that the British know and can not allow them the british to obtain anything cheap in nigeria which is against their wish. They rather chose to work with those imbeciles whom they can easily manipulate to help them in keeping nigeria and the entire black race down as long as they can.
I remember the census count; I remember the Ibos were not the only affected people. Even Lagos, one of the smallest but definitely the most densely populated state in that country for decades now was affected.
So Why should this be the state cheating the IBOS when it is apparent that other tribes where cheated as well. So why is it on the list on things Ibos need to succeed in Nigeria? Why can’t they fight alongside other states in this as well?

Bialegend:

It is just an ordinary map that doesn't portray Igbo land mass as it is supposed to. Just as the map, they also fed us the fraudulent fact that Awusa/fulani are the majority in population followed by the Yorubas, but events based on facts through JAMB results and other available statistics shows that Igbos are more populous than any other ethnic group in nigeria. They fed us all this fraudulent map and census count in school and we swallowed it line, hook and sinker, but we are grown ups now and can think and reason for ourselves with facts on the ground. Fact is, i can draw my own map of nigeria to portray Igbo land mass as it is supposed to be. Nonsense.

Ibos are more populous than any other group? Come on!!! Can’t the ibo governors themselves work on getting more effective counts done like the Lagos state government did back in 2006 or so?  I remember when this issue on population fraud came up and yes, many states complained but from my recollection, Lagos was one of the only states that actually went ahead to provide a more accurate count to counter that offered up at the federal level. Why not do same and continue the fight rather than pretend the ibos are the only VICTIMS in all this?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Dede1(m): 2:35am On Jul 06, 2009
Wow!!! Most of the sentiments expressed on the issue of investments of Ndigbo and the need for sovereign nation of Biafra make for serious agitation for independent nation for Ndigbo. How could Ndigbo leave in the same country with bunch of morons who had weird thoughts such as the ones expressed by the anti-Biafra crowd? Ijawman, you are better than this crap.

Dudes, the last time I a checked, Ndidgbo had heavily invested in Cameroon, Togo, Republic of Benin, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Ivory Coast. I might add that being Nigerian citizen had not jeopardized their investment in those countries. Why would Biafran citizenship of Ndigbo lead to the confiscation of their investment in what would remain from disintegrated jungle called Nigeria if not for abhorrent hatred of Ndigbo by their fellow Nigerians or the syndrome of abandoned property?
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Afaukwu: 2:50am On Jul 06, 2009
Dede1:

Wow!!! Most of the sentiments expressed on the issue of investments of Ndigbo and the need for sovereign nation of Biafra make for serious agitation for independent nation for Ndigbo. How could Ndigbo leave in the same country with bunch of morons who had weird thoughts such as the ones expressed by the anti-Biafra crowd? Ijawman, you are better than this crap.

Dudes, the last time I a checked, Ndidgbo had heavily invested in Cameroon, Togo, Republic of Benin, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Ivory Coast. I might add that being Nigerian citizen had not jeopardized their investment in those countries. Why would Biafran citizenship of Ndigbo lead to the confiscation of their investment in what would remain from disintegrated jungle called Nigeria if not for abhorrent hatred of Ndigbo by their fellow Nigerians or the syndrome of abandoned property?

That (in bold) is bound to recur and I am afraid that Igbos cannot do anything about it. Solution? Repatriate your investments to Igboland or out of Nigeria (at least before you can talk of secession without (or with little) tears.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Jul 06, 2009
Eziachi:

This is funny!!

Their children? You really believe ONLY THE IBOS SUFFERED the consequence of the Biafra-n WAR? You serious believe that?

And yes, I happen to be concerned about the consequence of this, not just on the IBO children but on the others who will yet again be affected by this.

Eziachi:

How did you come about believing I am crying more than the bereaved here? I really would like to understand how you came to that conclusion.

Eziachi:

Because it does not take an idiot to know that with the way the country is today, it is almost inevitable that a call for Biafra at this time will likely result in civil war. Every region is tense. They all have their own dream of a Shangri-la but because of past consequences have kept that on the side for all this time.

Eziachi:

Yes, it is easy to say this if your own skin is safe where you are today, isn’t it? But if you were on ground, with your family with you and nowhere else to run should all hell break loose, would you be saying the same thing?

Eziachi:

Maybe you ought to spend your time working on making sure your dream makes more sense rather than worrying about how I choose to convince folks that a one Nigerian paradise is achievable if we would all, as adults should, open our eyes to the reality of our situation and the fact that we all have our hands dirty when it comes to the reason why things as the way they are today for all peoples.

Eziachi:

How clearer can Biafrans get over this issue. Dont worry about us more than we actually worried, it has nothing whatsoever to do with you guys. If we come back lasking for your assitant to let us back into Nigeria, slam the door of paradise on our face.
HABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the umpteenth time, I am not worried about Biafra-ns. You people are still the minority, in my opinion. I am more worried about the potential problem your announcements might cause the country. I am more worried that with people thinking they can get a get-out-of-jail-free card in the way you folks think, we have less people focused on actually making a change and more focused on living in la-la land. What good will that do the future of Ibos who, like every other group are currently trying to win the war against corruption and bad leaders.

PS. This is an OPEN FORUM. IF you do not want others commenting on issues that pertain to you and yours, it might make sense you STOP creating threads upon thread to broadcast how you are VICTIMS and OPPRESSED here and there. Nairaland Politics board has been INNUNDATED with posts on BIAFRA THIS AND THAT. Since I practically live on this board, I will definitely post my view whether you like it or not.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Bialegend
You are a fool, you little brain nitwit. If they also kill Yorubas, then come out and complain about it. You are an idiot and a lazy one at that if you think that the solution is to tell your Yoruba people to leave northern nigeria and come back to Yoruba areas. Why then is nigeria ONE country if here citizens can not live and trade in any corner of it of their wish? Aren't you mad to suggest that your Yoruba people should leave any part of nigeria which they call their country and head home to only Yoruba areas? Do you see why we call you people lazy and imbecilic morons.
Didn't you say that nigeria is ONE country? Why shouldn't her citizens live and trade in any part of it peacefully?
I can understand if Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Togo, Ghana rise up one day and tell Igbo people to pack up and go back to their country, but fuckingly not in nigeria where i call my country can any idiot have the right to tell me to leave any part of it where i decide to live and trade and go back to my Igbo area. Then you are fucckingly asking for my trouble.

Asking Yorubas to leave north is only a mere advise and it is called being wise. It is left for whoever want to risk his/her life to continue living over there. You are so immature and you don't worth a serious minded person's time.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by deb(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
first of all, we are what you should call the truest and detribalized nigerians.

Huh! cheesy Can't help laughing. The 2nd most tribalistic tribe, if not the most tribalistic going by your various posts
all over nairaland, in Nigeria is calling herself detribalized.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by Bialegend(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
deb:

@Bialegend
Asking Yorubas to leave north is only a mere advise and it is called being wise. It is left for whoever want to risk his/her life to continue living over there. You are so immature and you don't worth a serious minded person's time.
That is the reason you and your type will remains fools forever. What type of myopic advise is that? Whatever happens to finding a solution to stopping the killing rampage of the awusas to enable a peaceful and co-existent environment between the awusas and other nigerians. So, Yorubas have already concluded in their lazy mind that it can not be stopped, so it's better their people move back home. Mediocre people.
In your warped moronic brain, asking people to leave that part of the country and head back to their various homes is the better option towards solution? Ok, what if Yorubas and Igbos turn around and tell all the awusas to pack and leave their own territory? What then will become nigeria lin regards to the economic point of view? Is that not the equivalent or indirectly asking for the proper division of your so called nigeria which only Igbos have boldly called for? Sometimes, i wonder if it's the amala you people consume everyday that blocks your brains. You can't even think.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by No2Atheism(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2009
Do you see why we call you people lazy and imbecilic morons.

Why are ibos so brash, rude, vulgar and disrespectful, even only a few of the educated ones know how to talk in a civil manner (i noticed this even while i was amongst them). It certainly is a cultural thing.

Ap'maka biko , Is it not possible to post something without insulting people for their opinion.
Re: A Question For Igbos Looking For Biafra by No2Atheism(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
Bialegend and others it seems u can't comprehend the simple logic that:

- Yorubas do not mind if Nigeria is divided
- Yorubas do not mind if Biafra is created

The issue here is how it is done,
so that it is not done at the cost of loss of lives, hence the reason for the advise to Yorubas in the north to come back home, because in the real sense of the word: Nigeria is still an amalgamation of different nations. Hence whether or not Ibos and Yorubas have businesses in the north does not mean it is there land, it only means they are resident there.

Thus it is a wise decision to come back to where there really ancestral home is in the west or tell me why do you ibos like to go back to your villages during festive periods, why not choose to call your northern cities or western cities your ancestral homes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Collecting Bribe Is In My Blood - Dismissed Policeman / League Of Patrots - Bauchi State - Deconstructing Isa Yuguda / Who Are The Real Slaves In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.