Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis (4483 Views)

Ohanaeze Crisis: Spokesman, Uche Achi-okpaga Gets 7day Resignation Notice / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slams Arewa Youths For Ordering Igbos Out Of North / EFCC Wades In As MMM Freezes The Accounts Of Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Abagworo(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has waded into the lingering leadership tussle that had bedeviled the Ohanaeze Ndigbo. The governor yesterday held a closed-door meeting with the Gary Enwo-Igariwey-led faction at the Government House in Owerri, the Imo State capital. The meeting, which lasted for hours, was attended by the group’s Secretary-General, Dr Joe Nwaogu and other leaders. Addressing reporters after the parley, Igariwey said: “We are here to find solutions to the leadership crisis rocking the group. We have come here in search of peace because when there is peace in Ohanaeze, there will be peace in Igboland. Governor Okorocha is our friend and he has mediated and we are hopeful that peace has returned.” The governor, however, declined to speak on the outcome of the meeting. But The Nation gathered that he berated the group’s leadership for allowing the crisis to escalate and become an embarrassment to Ndigbo. He was quoted to have urged the Igariwey faction to close ranks with other members and harmonise the leadership positions in the interest of peace.
http://thenationonlineng.net/okorocha-wades-into-ohanaeze-crisis/

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by jcross19: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo:
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has waded into
the lingering leadership tussle that had bedeviled the
Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
The governor yesterday held a closed-door meeting with
the Gary Enwo-Igariwey-led faction at the Government
House in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
The meeting, which lasted for hours, was attended by the
group’s Secretary-General, Dr Joe Nwaogu and other
leaders.
Addressing reporters after the parley, Igariwey said: “We
are here to find solutions to the leadership crisis rocking
the group. We have come here in search of peace
because when there is peace in Ohanaeze, there will be
peace in Igboland. Governor Okorocha is our friend and
he has mediated and we are hopeful that peace has
returned.”
The governor, however, declined to speak on the
outcome of the meeting.
But The Nation gathered that he berated the group’s
leadership for allowing the crisis to escalate and
become an embarrassment to Ndigbo. He was quoted to
have urged the Igariwey faction to close ranks with other
members and harmonise the leadership positions in the
interest of peace.

mr man just pray that your party should continue in power if not yours will be worst than dasuki.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by bedspread: 8:51am On Feb 10, 2016
Okorocha should right now be wading into the crisis in our beloved state Imo. Not all these misplaced priorities

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by dunkem21(m): 8:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Has he waded into the crisis of doctors strike in Imo state ..

Next news, abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Flexherbal(m): 8:53am On Feb 10, 2016
All politics!
Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by afroniger: 8:56am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo:
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has waded into
the lingering leadership tussle that had bedeviled the
Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
The governor yesterday held a closed-door meeting with
the Gary Enwo-Igariwey-led faction at the Government
House in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
The meeting, which lasted for hours, was attended by the
group’s Secretary-General, Dr Joe Nwaogu and other
leaders.
Addressing reporters after the parley, Igariwey said: “We
are here to find solutions to the leadership crisis rocking
the group. We have come here in search of peace
because when there is peace in Ohanaeze, there will be
peace in Igboland. Governor Okorocha is our friend and
he has mediated and we are hopeful that peace has
returned.”
The governor, however, declined to speak on the
outcome of the meeting.
But The Nation gathered that he berated the group’s
leadership for allowing the crisis to escalate and
become an embarrassment to Ndigbo. He was quoted to
have urged the Igariwey faction to close ranks with other
members and harmonise the leadership positions in the
interest of peace.

Irrespective of the loud propaganda of PDP detractors, Rochas still remains the most respected SE politician today.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Food is ready.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by ozoigbondu: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2016
afroniger:

Irrespective of the loud propaganda of PDP detractors, Rochas still remains the most respected SE politician today.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Food is ready.
Just shut the fvck up

Okorocha should swim into the medical crisis drowning his state

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by afroniger: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Just shut the fvck up

Okorocha should swim into the medical crisis drowning his state

You can never shut up the truth bro. Those striking doctors have been compromised. They are willing tools who are romancing PDP Politicians bent on discrediting Rochas. You can never shut up the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by ozoigbondu: 9:14am On Feb 10, 2016
afroniger:

You can never shut up the truth bro. Those striking doctors have been compromised. They are willing tools who are romancing PDP Politicians bent on discrediting Rochas. You can never shut up the truth.
PDP convinced all the doctors in Imo state to go on strike...........you must think that I am a zombie

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Abagworo(m): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2016
afroniger:

Is he wiser than Ohaneze? We all know that Imo Labour is compromised and have crafted a lot of lies against Okorocha which includes but not limited to owing several months of salaries and threatening them. This shameful video is clearly revealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp4YW_MYnTA

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Abagworo(m): 9:17am On Feb 10, 2016
ozoigbondu:

PDP convinced all the doctors in Imo state to go on strike...........you must think that I am a zombie

This is Imo labour leader confessing on video that he lied against the Governor. Tell me if you were the Governor would you leave such a man to go free and continue to blackmail you. Okorocha is a very kind man.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by afroniger: 9:21am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Is he wiser than Ohaneze? We all know that Imo Labour is compromised and have crafted a lot of lies against Okorocha which includes but not limited to owing several months of salaries and threatening them. This shameful video is clearly revealing.

Bro, truth is like pregnancy that cannot be hidden for too long. That is how all of them will end up confessing for their evil acts against an innocent man trying to better their lot. I am expecting similar confessions in the near future. Just watch.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by felalegend: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo:

This is unbelievable. Is this video for real or a movie?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Nwaoguta(m): 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Shame to you abagworo

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Abagworo(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2016
Nwaoguta:
Shame to you abagworo
Shame on you Chino.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Abagworo(m): 9:31am On Feb 10, 2016
felalegend:

This is unbelievable. Is this video for real or a movie?

It is real my brother. Is it justified to ever believe what comes out of his mouth again? He is a shame to NLC.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Nwaoguta(m): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Shame on you Chino.
who is chino?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by abagoro(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
Back to topic. Ohaneze's inability to close ranks and work together has had a negative impact on peace and development of Igboland. A lot of national issues could have a better dimension if Ohaneze was organised enough to intervene.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by asadike(f): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
Okoroawusa of all people? na im be say okwu ka n'e bido ebido.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Udopasa: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Abagworo, join your voice with genuine Imolites to scream to the ears of Rochas that he is fast derailing and becoming a monumental waste of space in Imo state. And he's about (God forbid) destroying the hard earned reputation of Umu Orlu. Udo diri gi

btw, I'm 100% in support of the concessioning and review of salaries and allowances of some sector workers in Imo State but the exercise from my own unbiased assesment isn't pure.
Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by nwadiuko1(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2016
ohaneneze is a bunch of old men
........they have out lived their usefulness......everybody should just mind his state because this igbo unity is a flop

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by abagoro(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2016
nwadiuko1:
........they have out lived their usefulness......everybody should just mind his state because this igbo unity is a flop

So what platform has been launched by respectable Igbos to replace Ohaneze? The truth is that Igbos had serious ego pamper and trauma resulting from Jonathan's politics and eventual loss which we can easily get over by working with the rest of Nigeria.

In as much as I agree based on several instances that Igbo unity has never worked, we still need a respectable platform comprising of successful men and elder Statesmen to always intervene in Igbo issues.
Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by asha80(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2016
nwadiuko1:
it seems that ipob want to turn the heat on ikpeazu now

http://www.may30.org/2-dead-many-wounded-as-gov-ikpeazu-ordered-the-army-to-use-live-bullet-on-peaceful-biafran-protesters-at-aba/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by nwadiuko1(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2016
abagoro:

So what platform has been launched by respectable Igbos to replace Ohaneze? The truth is that Igbos had serious ego pamper and trauma resulting from Jonathan's politics and eventual loss which we can easily get over by working with the rest of Nigeria.

In as much as I agree based on several instances that Igbo unity has never worked, we still need a respectable platform comprising of successful men and elder Statesmen to always intervene in Igbo issues.
bros a thread I saw on nairaland yesterday made me take a drastic decision.....about igbo issues..........imagine what anambra, imo and Abia folks were posting about themselves.......honestly I felt like crying.......there Is no love in the 5 south eastern states just visit this thread and confirm www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by nwadiuko1(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2016
asha80:

http://www.may30.org/2-dead-many-wounded-as-gov-ikpeazu-ordered-the-army-to-use-live-bullet-on-peaceful-biafran-protesters-at-aba/
visit this thread and tell me why we even need a biafra or how there won't be anarchy if the biafra is given www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by abagoro(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2016
asha80:

Ikpeazu has nothing to do with Army defending the unity of Nigeria. He is a Governor and not a GOC. The IPOB in Aba supported Otti and once clashed with State Taskforce which resulted in Ikpeazu's kinsmen coming to the aid of Taskforce. If they are for Igbo interest they would never involve themselves in politics.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Schematics: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Your brother from Abia State started it so don't cry yet. Chidiebere Nwabekeyi aka customized13 started the madness but his madness is still a learner to what we can offer. Aba is a total mess that enough should keep him busy instead of looking for trouble from people that are far far better off than his gutter state.cheesy

nwadiuko1:
bros a thread I saw on nairaland yesterday made me take a drastic decision.....about igbo issues..........imagine what anambra, imo and Abia folks were posting about themselves.......honestly I felt like crying.......there Is no love in the 5 south eastern states just visit this thread and confirm www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show
Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by abagoro(m): 11:48am On Feb 10, 2016
nwadiuko1:
visit this thread and tell me why we even need a biafra or how there won't be anarchy if the biafra is given www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show

There is love but we have one problem which is Anambra people and quest to rule. If you remove them the rest of Igboland will be at peace. I always say the truth without fear or favour. Have you ever seen any other 2 Igbo States clash except Anambra vs another?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Schematics: 11:51am On Feb 10, 2016
Okorocha and Imo state people are the problem of the Igbos. Now you ediots are crying when the heat is turned on. This is just the beginning as I am here for anyone of you, to deal decisively and tear anything down because I care-less about what you feel nor do so far as you ediots stay on your lanes. We are the leader right from the time of the great Zik, so you can continue wailing and crying but you are our slaves particularly Imolites. cheesy

[s]
abagoro:

There is love but we have one problem which is Anambra people and quest to rule. If you remove them the rest of Igboland will be at peace. I always say the truth without fear or favour. Have you ever seen any other 2 Igbo States clash except Anambra vs another?
[/s]

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by betteABIAState: 11:55am On Feb 10, 2016
Imagine the same failed Rochas who is owing workers over 8months arrears is wading into Ohaneze crisis? cheesy

Re: Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis by Schematics: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Until Okoroawusa is caught and stoned to death Imo State will continue to be backward and bankrupt cool

betteABIAState:
Imagine the same failed Rochas who is owing workers over 8months arrears is wading into Ohaneze crisis. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Woman Who Converted Adams Oshiomole From Islam To Christianity / NASENI, Space Agency To Design Drones, Rockets / Synergy: Kwankwaso Is Meeting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.