Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! (1273 Views)

#3Billion Engagement Ring, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Love On Facebook, Shares Her Engagement Story / Touching Story How Mike Bamiloye Of Mount Zion Met Wife Gloria Bamiloye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by anochuko01(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
The story may be a bit long, but its worth reading!

The day I went to propose to her, I never beat about the bush or rehearsed any Love
persuasive Poem. I never said anything like, "...the Lord sent me" or " I felt the Lord is leading
me..." Or " I dreamed and saw..." Or "I heard a voice from Heaven that..." I had said some of
those things before to some sisters whom I thought the Lord was leading me to, and I was
wrong. This time around, I went to this new sister, after my usual "Much Prayers and Waiting".
I was not even sure if the Lord was leading me or not again....My computers have been
crashed and the memory virused by the previous disappointments I had met from the sisters I
had thought were the will of God.
So I had arrived the campus and the brethren were happy to see me. I usually came at evening
time, for Drama rehearsals or if there were drama outreaches, I would come to go with them or
lead them to the programs. But this time, I came during the day, at lecture time and many of
the brethren were coming to me to know why or what information I had brought for the
Fellowship Drama Unit members. I simply said I came to see "Sister Shola". And that was
unusual of me. I don't come asking for sisters in the fellowship. I had no business with
sisters, but with Fellowship heads and with Drama Unit Co-Ordinator in particular or with the
Fellowship President.
So, some brethren spread out to look for "Sister Shola". And one sister found her in the school
Library and grabbed her hand: "Bro. Mike is around. He is looking for you." Prior to that time, I
had no business with Sister Shola, we were not close. We had only acted together on stage
presentations before. She was not among the sisters who were closer to me at Fellowship. She
carried her books and both sisters were rushing down to see " Bro. Mike" who had come to
the campus at unusual time. The sister brought her and left.
Sister Shola stood before me smiling, and waiting for the instructions, probably to the Drama
Unit, or information of a her being cast into a new Drama Unit presentation. I greeted her. She
replied with a smile. I told her bluntly, that the Holy Spirit had not sent me, neither did I see
any vision.
Then, I asked her: WILL YOU MARRY ME?"
She stood before me speechless for some minutes, looking at me with some astonishment and
confusion. She was never never expecting to hear such question from "Bro. Mike" of all
people! She was lost for words, because it was the last thing she would expect to hear from
me.
I got my answer after one month of waiting. It was on a Sunday Morning. I had travelled to
ILESHA and decided to worship in her church. I was in the congregation while I watch her
standing tall and slender above the rest choir as they sang the special song for the morning. I
never knew she saw me too. I had been praying for the whole month that the Lord would
confirm this one this time. I could not imagine how I would feel if the Lord said this one was
not the will of God again.
After the church service, I went to wait for her at the front of her house. I just wanted to greet
her again and look at her again, and maybe the Lord would answer my prayers this time. She
came not so long and ushered me into the house quietly. She was quiet. She was not showing
any excitement, which got me more worried again. I sat down on a chair while she was writing
something on the table. Then, she finished writing, and she turned to me with a small piece of
paper containing ONE SINGLE LINE OF SENTENCE:
"I WILL MARRY YOU"
Silence. Grave Silence came down in the room. At last. That was the first time in my life, a
lady would agree to marry me. All the once I thought were the will of God for me had,
unfortunately, been engaged before I got there. Oh! The Dilemma of a Single Searching Brother!
And one of the Sisters even kept me waiting for three years, without giving me a "Yes" or a
"No". Until I was delivered from the shackles. At last...!
Right there I knelt down in Prayers and she knelt down in my front with her eyes closed.
There, I told the Lord, as I held her hands in prayer, that, "Today, Lord, our Ministry have
started. Today, Lord, we shall serve you together with all our life and with all our heart." We
prayed further for His help and Mercy upon us. That was day and time, our ministry, Mount
Zion began.

Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by jonaifame22(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
Doveda you hear? Lalasticlala come and see.....
Sickstars God will do your own
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by masinga07(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Have always admire Mike and Gloria Bamiloye. Very talented man and extremely talented lady both in acting and singing. Nice combo
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by aprilwise(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
OP. U should ve also post recent picture.
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by anochuko01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
aprilwise:
OP. U should ve also post recent picture.
I'll do that now
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by anochuko01(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
did anybody see where he said a lady kept him waiting for 3 years?!!
that still baffles me....
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Greene66: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm

If only ladies today could be like Gloria cool

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
angels09:
Doveda you hear? Lalasticlala come and see.....
Sickstars God will do your own

I dont need it undecided
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
angels09:

May you GET it in the mighty name of Jesus... Amen.

cry m jokin i want it why curse me

Not fair
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
Greene66:
Hmmmmmmmm

If only ladies today could be like Gloria cool
I equally hope so too
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
cool
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by healthyarena(f): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
Beautiful!!! He didn't even ask with a ring! Some ladies be waiting for range rover sport

1 Like

Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
sickstars:

cry m jokin i want it why curse me

Not fair
It's yours then.
With utmost love from me to you.
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
angels09:

It's yours then.
With utmost love from me to you.

Tank u

1 Like

Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
This woman is just too beautiful...
Re: Interesting Engagement Story Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye! by anochuko01(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2016
Omavik:
This woman is just too beautiful...
especially when she was younger....

(1) (Reply)

. / Pregnant Virgin... / Mad Man And Woman Spotted kissing Passionately In Abia (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.