Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? (3902 Views)

FFK: "Why Ibe Kachikwu Has Not Seen Buhari. PMB Sees All Southerners As Slaves" / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
I have read so many threads, posts and comments on the Igbos trying to correlate themselves with the likes of Port Harcort, Deltans and other SS states. These brought me to wonder why Igbos kept downgrading their selves because of reasons i dont understand, Igbo people are industrious and hard working people and nevertheless the only of such in Nigeria but to some extent Igbos have gone far and wide in making them selves a tribe to reckon with.
But in the light of this, it is evident that the Igbos are gradually making their selves a laffing stock in the face of other tribes in Nigeria by forcefully trying to woo their Niger deltans counterparts in their quest to achieve their sovereign state of Biafra and other quests. I had seen a lot of igbo speaking Deltans that often tells me they are not Igbo and hence refused to be regarded as one and yet you will always hear the Igbo man telling you that they are all Indigbo just the way they are doing in PH (NA OUR BRODA!!!).
This is so erroneous and its peculiar to the igbos, cos have never witnessed such thing in the Yoruba land, take Kwara state for example, i know u know the story but today they are more or less Fulani and the Yorubas haven't come out to forcefully claim it back, another typical example is of Delta state formerly under western Nigeria, today we still have yoruba speaking communities just like the igbos in delta state even the prince of Olu of warri bears a native Yoruba name and so many others too, but yet no yoruba man will tell you they are the same or must be the same.

MY advice to my good igbo brothers and sisters, pls stop forcing yourselves or others to align with you no matter what as it is more of demoting urselfs rather than promoting urself as one of the 3 major tribes in the country, because these other tribes also have their own culture, language and tradition which is more or less diff from yours.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Afriifa(m): 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by LecciGucci: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
I am from rivers state and ibos are my brothers.
U can speak for urself and not for others.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
Because oil is thicker than kunu

9 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
No dispute that Igbos are your brothers just like every other people from other parts of the country, and i also respect the fact that you re from River state but the question here is ARE U AN IGBO MAN? undecided

LecciGucci:
I am from rivers state and ibos are my brothers.
U can speak for urself and not for others.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
grin
where's the kunu biko?
AfroSisi:
Because oil is thicker than kunu
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by cstr55: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
But your president said igbos should not complain about marginalization because kachukwu and emefiele from the SS are igbo.
Ciroma also said the same thing the likes of udoma and kachukwu, emefiele are represnting igbos in government and so according to him, there is no rational reason for igbo cries of marginalization.
I think you should direct your question to your president. As far as Nigeria is concerned the bulk of the SS is igbo and we gladly embrace it.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by onnenka: 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
They are the set if Igbos that suffer from inferiority complex, unfortunately those set are very loud online.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Yujin(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
The way kids come online to start a thread about Igbos without bothering to first make a detailed research is disturbing. If you ask the OP now to tell you about who the Igbos are and how to differentiate them from other easterners he would fail flatly but here he is dishing out advise. Go and make your research then return and ask questions. We will gladly explain to you in details what your dubious Nigerian academic world has been feeding you.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by kettle84(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
@o.p , before SS,Niger delta,rivers or delta the bulk of people where known or know themselves as igbos.Everything has an expiry date, as for your divide and rule tactics as well as you media monopoly and propaganda, they have all expired and useless.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
The president also must have been infected with the Igbosyndrome that made him think SS are Igbo. The point here is SS being Ijaw, ikwerre, Ogbia, Kalabari people, Ibani of Opobo, Bonny, Okrika, Andoni clans and so on... are different from the SE Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, Awka, Abakiliki. Dialects, cultures, traditions and religion can acquaint with the differeces.

cstr55:
But your president said igbos should not complain about marginalization because kachukwu and emefiele from the SS are igbo.
Ciroma also said the same thing the likes of udoma and kachukwu, emefiele are represnting igbos in government and so according to him, there is no rational reason for igbo cries of marginalization.
I think you should direct your question to your president. As far as Nigeria is concerned the bulk of the SS is igbo and we gladly embrace it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
grin where's the kunu biko?
See dp and drink
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yoruba writeup

Why do some people call themselves Delta Igbo and there is nothing like Delter yoruba?

Get this into your afonjic skull because I know you're not from South East, the Igbo people in South East don't share the same culture, tradition/language as you said, every clan gave their own but they are all Igbo because we agreed to be called Ndi Igbo

The OP is claiming to come from the East but this screen-shot shows he is an impostor, a real Ewedu amala eater from yoruba land

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by eyeview: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
Why did yorubas appoint themselves as spokesperson for the south south?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Yyeske(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
Kids everywhere, somebody please tell the silly OP that a man from Anambra like me understands Rivers and Delta Igbo dialects more than those of parts of Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia states sef.

I'd rather the OP tell us the dialects I don't understand are no longer Igbos.

Divide and rule no work again.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by wtfCode: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
Most south south are igbos.
Ikwerres,igbos n the likes with similar languages.
Op,plz be specific,don't say south south are diffrent from SOUTHEAST

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by xmich(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
[s]
updatechange:
I have read so many threads, posts and comments on the Igbos trying to correlate themselves with the likes of Port Harcort, Deltans and other SS states. These brought me to wonder why Igbos kept downgrading their selves because of reasons i dont understand, Igbo people are industrious and hard working people and nevertheless the only of such in Nigeria but to some extent Igbos have gone far and wide in making them selves a tribe to reckon with.
But in the light of this, it is evident that the Igbos are gradually making their selves a laffing stock in the face of other tribes in Nigeria by forcefully trying to woo their Niger deltans counterparts in their quest to achieve their sovereign state of Biafra and other quests. I had seen a lot of igbo speaking Deltans that often tells me they are not Igbo and hence refused to be regarded as one and yet you will always hear the Igbo man telling you that they are all Indigbo just the way they are doing in PH (NA OUR BRODA!!!).
This is so erroneous and its peculiar to the igbos, cos have never witnessed such thing in the Yoruba land, take Kwara state for example, i know u know the story but today they are more or less Fulani and the Yorubas haven't come out to forcefully claim it back, another typical example is of Delta state formerly under western Nigeria, today we still have yoruba speaking communities just like the igbos in delta state even the prince of Olu of warri bears a native Yoruba name and so many others too, but yet no yoruba man will tell you they are the same or must be the same.

MY advice to my good igbo brothers and sisters, pls stop forcing yourselves or others to align with you no matter what as it is more of demoting urselfs rather than promoting urself as one of the 3 major tribes in the country, because these other tribes also have their own culture, language and tradition which is more or less diff from yours.
[/s]

Soo you mean our Igbo brothers of south east should not call on us again because you Yoruba man want's to see us apart, you must be mad, least I remind you
*the era of divide and rule is over
*Yoruba media propaganda has been dismantled

If you are not OK with Igbos calling us when ever they pass by then I will advice you to take AWO route.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by babyfaceafrica: 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by freeze001(f): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Op: Why do u have a problem keeping your nose out of the business of the Eastern region? How does their relationship and connection bother u in any way?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Toosure70: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
only because of Oye in the SS

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
[s]I have read so many threads, posts and comments on the Igbos trying to correlate themselves with the likes of Port Harcort, Deltans and other SS states. These brought me to wonder why Igbos kept downgrading their selves because of reasons i dont understand, Igbo people are industrious and hard working people and nevertheless the only of such in Nigeria but to some extent Igbos have gone far and wide in making them selves a tribe to reckon with.

MY advice to my good igbo brothers and sisters, pls stop forcing yourselves or others to align with you no matter what as it is more of demoting urselfs rather than promoting urself as one of the 3 major tribes in the country, because these other tribes also have their own culture, language and tradition which is more or less diff from yours[/s].

Afonja abiakwa!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Just a click tho... https://www.nairaland.com/2534798/south-southerners-not-f-cking-biafra

xmich:
[s][/s]

Soo you mean our Igbo brothers of south east should not call on us again because you Yoruba man want's to see us apart, you must be mad, least I remind you

If you are not OK with Igbos calling us when ever they pass by then I will advice you to take AWO route.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
ONLY IGBOS KNOW HOW TO CARE ABOUT THIER OWN IN NIJA.... FORGET ABT THE FULANI STYLE OF CARING.... THEY ONLY VALUE THIER LIVES WHEN THEY ARE ATTACKED OR DEAD....BUT IGBOS WILL CARE FOR THEIR OWN EVEN THOUGH IT WARRANT THEM TO BE INSULTED.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by dragonking3: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:

Why does the yorubas like aligning themselves with the hausas /fulanis? That's the answer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by DrChukzy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
All this small children and opening of yeye threads sha

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Stingman: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Why Does The Yorubas Like Aligning Themselves With The North...?

Only few Yorubas dare criticize the northerners, why?

9 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
*Laffing in swahili* Itz an observation and am not alone in this, you and i know this is real but wouldn't face it instead allowed your thoughts be covered with your tribalism and frivolities.
xmich:
[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by able20(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
@Op atleast the the Igbos and their SS bros/sisters have something in common.
What baffles me most is while the yorubas like the Hausa/Fulani alliance. Use and throwaway coalition

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
This is an observation that raised a question and not a subjugation on how anyone needed to get their ass kicked.
Yyeske:
Kids everywhere, somebody please tell the silly OP that a man from Anambra like me understands Rivers and Delta Igbo dialects more than those of parts of Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia states sef.

I'd rather the OP tell us the dialects I don't understand are no longer Igbos.

Divide and rule no work again.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
INDI-ARA!!!

you are a goat, just be proud of yaself
calling me onye ara doesn't make you Igbo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Inauguration Of IPOB Family In Cross Rivers (PHOTO) / Breaking: List Of Senators Behind Failed Impeachment Attempt Revealed / Igbos Are The Most Technologically Advanced Black Race On Planet Earth- Reno Omo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.