Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Isn't Lying Sometimes Justifiable And Can It Still Be Considered Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't Lying Sometimes Justifiable And Can It Still Be Considered Sin? (1451 Views)

When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Isn't Lying Sometimes Justifiable And Can It Still Be Considered Sin? by jagunlabi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2009
Isn't there a law of gravity?Does gravity not conform to the laws of nature?Aren't i,as a human being,not supposed to live my life under the influence of the force of gravity and conform to it?I think you know where i am headed with this.
Pastor AIO:

I can't quite figure out how you arrived at that conclusion.

Gravity is a force, not a law, or an order.

I don't really know how to respond because I don't know what you're saying or how it is related to what I said.
Re: Isn't Lying Sometimes Justifiable And Can It Still Be Considered Sin? by PastorAIO: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2009
Right, the 'law' of gravity says that masses are attracted to each other with a force that is positively proportional to the mass and inversely proportional to the distance between them.

How does flying transgress this law?

By Order I meant a appropiation that is an Ideal. A logos. A dharma. A Tao. an Ayanmo or Ipin.

You can either believe there is one or not. I can't really think of a way to argue the case for it.
Re: Isn't Lying Sometimes Justifiable And Can It Still Be Considered Sin? by jagunlabi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
Very well.
But how does one validate the religious definitions of sin.Where is the absolute(the law) on which the idea of sin is based upon?On the will,the likes and dislikes of scriptural gods like yahweh?Is that not supernatural subjectivism.
Can the definition of sin as anything that pisses off yahweh the god of the jews be taken seriously by anyone outside the religious circle?
Pastor AIO:

Right, the 'law' of gravity says that masses are attracted to each other with a force that is positively proportional to the mass and inversely proportional to the distance between them.

How does flying transgress this law?

By Order I meant a appropiation that is an Ideal. A logos. A dharma. A Tao. an Ayanmo or Ipin.

You can either believe there is one or not. I can't really think of a way to argue the case for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secrete Of Satan's Success / Fairy Tale In The Book Of God / Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.