Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? (4189 Views)

NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools / Femi Fani-kayode: A Nation Of Perverts And paedophiles / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm.
na you talk am
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2006
well I learn from the best MR IBB where is my friend BIGB1 did Seun Ban that boy?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2006
Bhola dey call you for hang out spot
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2006
here i come
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku,
It seems to me that you do not know the futility of our voting. Whether you vote or not the results of the elections in Nigeria at the moment is already decided weeks before the election. Or How can an INEC funded by the incumbent government return an unfavourable result. in the last elections, ther were some polling centres whose ballot boxes were full as at 8.00am. That is in an election that was meant to start at 8 am.
As for me oh, I am not going to vote again in Nigeria for a long time. Its a waste of my time.
A country that has no regard for the constitution, no regard for the coutrs of LAW would most likely not have any regard for my votes sir.
Nilla, I totally agree with you. Odeku has lost touch.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2006
So by you not voting my friend what does that signified? just 1 vote can make a difference regardless if its rigged or not, and I can see your point. But please people come out and still vote eventually we go survive
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2006
Why waste the vote?? Its not going to make any difference so why do it. I would prefer to sit my house eat bread and eggs and a hot cup of coffee rather than line up in the hot sun to cats a vote that would be tossed into the drain.
Did you hear about the INEC comedy. It happened real but its just a comedy to me.
The day the INEC chairman went to the National Assembly to demonstrate the new computerised polling stuffs(machine) they want to use for the 2007 elections, the machines refused to work. Flat Battery!!!!

Is it the same INEC that has demonstrated such gross incompetence that I would trust with my vote or trust to prove competent come 2007?

Kai, Leopard cannot change it spots!! They wont change.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2006
NA wah oh, but we go pray and we go survive
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2006
Keep praying. Nigeria sure needs a lot of prayers.

I have said that the one final solution to Nigeria's problems is that the LORD JESUS CHRIST himself would come down to RULE Nigeria.

Thats the one and final solution sir.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 1:00am On Nov 07, 2006
Every country get him own problem oh, Nigeria problem is just too apparent and visible
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2006
I agree with you paddy. Each country get in own wahala. The point be say those countries dey try to solve them problems, even if they are not there yet they are trying. That my friend is the spirit. Try!

Are we trying? Are we even close??

Odeku:

Every country get him own problem oh, Nigeria problem is just too apparent and visible

Now you say that Nigeria's problems are too visible and apparent doesn't that tell you something??

It tells me that it is either our problems are too enormous or they are not reducing but increasin!!!.

Keep praying Odeku, God would one day answer them.

Caio
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2006
I just home we don't make the mistakes our parents made in 1979 and allowelection mal-practice and rigging
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2006
hmm.
this idiot thread is still alive angry
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2006
nilla abeg slow down why u dey waka vex? how u dey
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2006
who dey waka vex smiley
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2006
u with that face whey u post, whey u been dey all day self we miss u
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2006
So this tread still exist. Well Odeku if you must know no body's vote counts here in nigeria it has been decided by some group of people who claim that they own this nation. With the wave of Impeachment going on in the country. And which is not being done according to the rule of law is not enough to tell you that your vote does not count. So really why waste that vote
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2006
EXACTLY my point, let them kill each other, if they imposed all this governors and leaders on us, and now they want to impeach them so be it. but we still have to vote. if our vote doesn't count or matter maybe for the next generation. but we have to start some where ROME was not built in a day dedication, hard work and perseverance will prevail
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i thought we were idiots. how can we be wise or unwise enough to vote tongue
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
Chi this woman self your wahala don pass me oh i dey go chop before you kill me
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2006
lol

u no go die
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2006
sister u don hear say when one man die na one woman kill am but na six man dey carry am go to the grave.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2006
This is not rome, this is Nigeria. If you must know Chris Uba came out openly and announce that he is sorry for rigging the election that brought Ngige into Power. In America and all over the world is this not crime but what has the president done to this man nothing, Adedibu claimed he single handedly brought ladoja to power, Saraki brought his son to govern Kwara. If this two men Uba and Adedibu still walk the street because they are money bags that finance the Ruling party then why cast your vote when some one can decide who Govern you and the presidency is in support of all this
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2006
Bushfellow, you be real Nigerian who is very pragmatic. I share your views my friend. Why waste the vote if it won't count?

As I said earlier I would not waste my time to even register as a voter not to talk of vote. I surely have better things to do with my time.

But for those that still believe in voting, pls do. And GOODLUCK
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Orikinla(m): 3:18am On Nov 09, 2006
Odeku,
Millions of Nigerians should be reading these posts.
I advise you compile and edit them and print the compilation for mass distribution in Nigeria and among the Nigerians in America and the UK.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 4:04am On Nov 09, 2006
Yes the link is very educative every nigerian accross the globe should have a copy. But it does not change anything here in this part of the world. People dont see the benefit of a struggle that will bring fort joy for the future leaders of tomorrow all they want is something that they will benefit from now and now even if they will pay the price later.

If you ask a young man on the street why does he collect money from candidate before voting he will simply make you understand that the one he collect now is the only thing he will benefit from the candidate the if he eventually win all he will be thinking is himself and colleagues. Is this the kind of orientation our people should have. they fail to realise that they are the one who will later pay the price for collecting money from candidate to cast their vote.

The truth still remain i did not register to vote because i know my vote wont count so i just dont want to waste my precious energey for something that wont count.

Peace iam signing out.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:17am On Nov 09, 2006
Abeg I see your point, but please vote 1 vote may make a difference just have faith
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2006
In Nigeria, there is complete disregard for the voter. Thats why they can do a lot B**l s**t cos they know that they do not need your votes to return to position the second time. If the votes of the Nigerian populace had anything to do with the final results of the elections, then our so called leaders would be careful of whatever they did knowing fully well that they won't be returned.

Imagine such a demented and Psychotic. old thug Adedibu controlling the wishes of over 3 million people in Oyo State. He categorically told Ladoja not to come back to office and what happened? Akala is still the Governor. Despite Appeal Court's ruling. Haba.

The worst thing about it is that they do not do these things secretly, they are very open about it and don't care what you feel or think.

As far as I am concerned, if a politician should give me substantial amount now, I would collect it but I will not even register as a voter not to talk of vote.

On a lighter note, Pastor Chris Okotie is in the race again for 2007, pls voters consider him so that he would not get the votes of only his church members.

Ciao
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by toshmann(m): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2006
odeku,
for talking about voting, i think you are out of touch with the reality on ground in nigeria. pls try and be coming home. nigeria, as it is today, is a classical example of a failed state. yes, u heard me-failed state. with all the resoucres in the niger delta, the place which has enough to look like dubai, looks like somalia. but the worst thing is that there is absolute lawlessness in that country. that is the worst thing. followed by near total shamelessness. how can someone use a presidential jet to loot money? how can people openly loot money, rig election and one man openly makes a contrary order to the order made by a court of appeal. haba.
these are the stuff the west sees and feels we are animals. tell drusilla and the other sisters in the racism thread that racism apart, some african countries are nothing but an open celebration of crass incompetence.
just look at the continent, where do you find good news.from dakar to darfur, from cairo to cape town. cry, the beloved continent.
even south africa has started going down-after the black man took over.
above all, i think nigeria is the worst country (apart from disaster countries where there are wars, famine etc) on earth now. b/c we are heading in the wrong direction at a tremendous rate.
a country where every governor wants to run away after thier term.
inshort,let me keep quiet for now
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:31am On Nov 12, 2006
toshmann I feel your pain, and I saw 1st class poverty every time i come home to Nigeria, but on the other hand, we are far better off compare to other countries. Yes we have bad leaders, and something has to be done to stop all this crazieness. we go survive, please keep your head up and pray with us
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by donmayor(m): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2006
Claiming to run to prayer, Dats one of our problems too. I do not deny the power of prayer but please slaves who love their chains would remain in bondage even if they cry from now till tomorrow.Should d like of IBB have the guts to pickup presidential form? When an illiterate holds a state to ransom and the president can do nothing while the people support him and give him more power. Adedibu has no power except that given to him by the people. I don't think prayer would solve that either. Lagos has become a state where touts are more powerful than the police and it's filled with reckless, non caring drivers who would park on the middle of the road, prayer won't solve that, we know what to do.Prayer is the most powerful force to me in the universe but for naija situation, prayer has done it's part. It has given us democracy, lets do our part.But the problem is that we are idiots and we won't do anything. And when i say idiots i dont mean you are an idiot but in a way we lack the drive to change our situation
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2006
IBB is enjoying the luxury now because OBJ is bias IBB should have been subjected to full investigation, we need a court that will compel the man to come and explain what happened to the $12 golf oil funds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits / Spotted In South Africa: A "Do Not Die In Nigeria" Warning / Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.