Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? (4191 Views)

NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools / Femi Fani-kayode: A Nation Of Perverts And paedophiles / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by donmayor(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2006
No court has the power.If OBJ cannot obey the courts, who say IBB would? Have you forgotten Oputa panel? OBJ appeared but IBB did not.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2006
well he refused and should have been compel to show up or go to jail, WHO WROTE THE LAWS IN NIGERIA ? i look at some of the things happening and i wonder what state of minds or drinks do our law makers have? Imagine DARIYE sacking a judge that was supposed to investigate him and the new one he appoints dissolved the investigation. who give a governor right to appoint a judge? we need prayers.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by donmayor(m): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2006
Now I agree.We need serious prayers. This craze don pass normal
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Jaybaba(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2006
The article is very satirical to say the least but positive as well.
But this is not a negative question raised by Odeku as some opine.
But rather than use the word idiots, my preferred word would be indifferent. Nigerians have been bent like crayfish and the fear factor kills off every form of creativity and guess who's responsible for this indifference cause by fear, you don't have to look too far or think too hard nor do you have to wake Fela from the grave.
IBB.
But it hurts me that people never read and get stirred up to act in the best way they can. I was in a corporate office trying to fix their internet equipment when this IBB arguement came up and it did not take me long to realise that many people already believe IBB has won the election just by picking up the PDP form.
No wonder the guy feels this is a nation of idiots. He may be right considering the so called democrats do not respect court orders and so on,

We can do something to get this country back on track. Only a weakman says "I will not stand up cause there's a lion in the street." We can begin a revolution against this system of failed state. Not by blood (God forbid) but by an abject rejection of the wasters. We can do this by clamoring like we did during the 3rd term, use the media, go to the local offices of our elected senators and N. Assy Members and insist INEC is called to order, voters registration commences soonest, on polling days, results are announced at every polling station there and then after the voting instead of taking the boxes to the councils to be counted behind our eyes.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2006
Impressive. so how can we stop this evil that is stopping us from progressing?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2006
By picking the form he is only excercising his right Odeku why not come back home and excercise yours by voting against him and see if you vote counts then you will understand that no body's vote count in this part of the world they have already decided who will rule the nation just as they hand picked OBJ same thing is going to happen again. we dont know who they will pick but definitely it is from PDP that is why every body is scrambling for the form including IBB. simple.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2006
he will try and fail in vain
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by 9ja4eva: 9:16am On Mar 23, 2007
nigeria is a nation of brains.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2008
LMAO!!! If you check this thread out, you would almost be forced to believe this is the case @Poster
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127213.96.html#bot
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by almondjoy(f): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Topic

You are damn right it is a nation of thieving idiots!
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by amaikama(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2008
Let me conclude the whole matter. Nigeria is not totally a nation of Idiots as per say but few who argue blindly from the truth and the only people i can see here are not Idiot:

Odeku

Bushfellow

Donmayor

Allot of Nigerians find it difficult to accept the fact that they are scared of fighting for what belongs to them and they will be praying for a change. Can a change be gotten through grumbling? even if not through violent but Nigerians way of asking for a change is like a scary cat accessing his immediate surrounding before making a move. The moment he or she is yell at, they run for cover. Take a look at the national strike embarked upon by the NLC in the past, what effect did it do? angry nothing!! and why didn't it work? cause the people them self are bunch of Idiot who cannot stand up to their right as people who want a better Nation called, "NIGERIA"

All my growing up days, i have been telling allot of my friends that i have not seeing any politician or any vagabond in power who want to use me for his betterment of his selfish desire. angry We are all entitle to our different opinion there is no mistake about that but if you are a Nigerian, you don't need a juju man to tell you what you see or hear now and then angry even those outside Nigeria, they have a concrete news about what is happening in Nigerian than we that are here. angry

What Odeku is saying is hundred percent right. angry we are all bunch of "IDIOT" even if he did not say it correctly, i will help him to say it.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by tck2000(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria / Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits / Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.