Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Let's Talk About Aisha - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Aisha (654 Views)

Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical / I Believe In Aliens, Let's Talk About Them Here. OUR ORIGIN / Let's Talk Pantheism , Shall We ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Aisha by meixili: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought.
Re: Let's Talk About Aisha by ifenes(m): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
No offense intended. I believe back in the days,a 13 year old lady was fit to get married in many societies. We cannot compare now and then. Things have changed. If Lady Aisha were of today's society,a fully grown adult male who marries her will be in jail. Same applies to whoever tries to kill his own son,claiming it is a test from God will also be in jail

In order to eliminate child marriages,lots of laws have been enforced to stop female child trafficking,rape and arraigned marriages.

Rather than try to defend the culprit,we should encourage Islamic families to discourage child marriage. It is unfair on theses little girls.
Re: Let's Talk About Aisha by meixili: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad),

Since Aisha's parents both approved of her engagement with Jober and later approved to her marriage to Muhammad, is it fair for anyone to call her mom and dad and former fiancée and whole tribe all child molesters? I think whoever does that would be out of his mind and needs to study a little history about the Middle East.

Let us look at the following narration:

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)"

Notice here that Aisha's mother and the Muslim women back then were ok with her marriage. It was part of the Arab custom and still is in many of the Muslim and non-Muslim countries today for girls to marry at a very young age. When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.

Re: Let's Talk About Aisha by reallest(f): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2016
ifenes:
No offense intended. I believe back in the days,a 13 year old lady was fit to get married in many societies. We cannot compare now and then. Things have changed. If Lady Aisha were of today's society,a fully grown adult male who marries her will be in jail. Same applies to whoever tries to kill his own son,claiming it is a test from God will also be in jail

In order to eliminate child marriages,lots of laws have been enforced to stop female child trafficking,rape and arraigned marriages.

Rather than try to defend the culprit,we should encourage Islamic families to discourage child marriage. It is unfair on theses little girls.

So happy we still have people who think with their brain,can't believe someone will be trying dis hard to defend all this barbaric act

(1) (Reply)

'stop Forcing Members To Give Tithes' - T.B. Joshua / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/03/16 / A Website In Seven Major Nigerian Languages!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.