Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart (1873 Views)

Supreme Court Stops Constitution Amendment / Jonathan’s Letter On Constitution Amendment Shocks Senate / Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by ikeyman00(m): 12:03am On Jul 07, 2009
negro
It is evident from your venomous passion that there still exist, to a gretaer degree, a segment of Igbos who are still clamouring for domination in the South.  They exist here in NL and they exist in the NASS.  You do not serve as good mouth piece for the Igbos and definitely you raise suspicion and caution and make it difficult for the Yorubas to let their guard down or be interested in any joint move for separation.

what do u mean by igbo quest for dominance in the south? could u plz explain what u mean, cuz ndigbo dnt understand that

plz

and by the way was it not through one nigeria that lagos existed in the first place, so whats all these whingin if some poeple chose to be livin in certain way

if yall like let ur son turn alaya, but dnt start hatin on igbo makin livin from hard rock

can the UK claim that the yorubas in London are takin over england??

we are waitin

u see i never believ the yorubas are draggin us backward, but now i know better
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by NegroNtns(m): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2009
Ikey,

I appreciate your request for clarification. If you interprete that particular response that I made on account of the original post, you will be offended by my intent. However, if you do the same against Bia's comment (to which the response was addressed), then you will find sense in what I said.

Bia is concluding that the refusal of the Yorubas to join in with mob energy against the North is counter-productive to the interests of the South. We need to define South in an unambigous way. What is South and who constitute South?
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jul 07, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Bia,

It is evident from your venomous passion that there still exist, to a gretaer degree, a segment of Igbos who are still clamouring for domination in the South. They exist here in NL and they exist in the NASS. [size=13pt]You do not serve as good mouth piece for the Igbos and definitely you raise suspicion and caution and make it difficult for the Yorubas to let their guard down or be interested in any joint move for separation. [/size]

I am not even from the Yoruba groups, yet I have my guard up for these Nairaland-Biafra types. Scary, and definitely not what we need more of in that country !!!! shocked
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by OYBMEND: 12:51am On Jul 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am not even from the Yoruba groups, yet I have my guard up for these Nairaland-Biafra types. Scary, and definitely not what we need more of in that country !!!! shocked

Kobo you live in the comfort of a country where dissent is tolerated, tell me why it is criminal for anyone who thinks a particular country is not protecting its right and decides to speak up.

I think folks need to think of Nigerian issues honestly. I am not a fan of Biafra and I am certainly not Igbo but I believe most Nigerians have double standards.

When you listen to their universal choice of values about racism against Black people in the world, and women right you expect them to speak of Nigerian issues with the same set of principles. But for some reasons they seem to have a totally different set of values when it comes to Nigerian issues.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Jul 07, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Kobo you live in the comfort of a country where dissent is tolerated, tell me why it is criminal for anyone who thinks a particular country is not protecting its right and decides to speak up.

I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are talking about.

OYB_MEND:

I think folks need to think of Nigerian issues honestly. I am not a fan of Biafra and I am certainly not Igbo but I believe most Nigerians have double standards.

Ummmmm. . . . . I lived and continue to live among Ibos. I don’t hear Biafra from them. 99% of those you hear Biafra from are actually people who live comfortable lives, and speaking from locations of comfort as well. Double standard or none, NO SINGLE TRIBE HAS BEEN SINGLED OUT FOR THIS IN NIGERIA, NOT ONE!!! Everyone is fighting for resource control, but we have examples of how some have been able to work around those issues to still better the lot of their people. Playing the VICTIM CARD OVER AND OVER and expecting everyone to bow down to you cause of your tribe is rubbish!!

OYB_MEND:

When you listen to their universal choice of values about racism against Black people in the world, and women right you expect them to speak of Nigerian issues with the same set of principles. But for some reasons they seem to have a totally different set of values when it comes to Nigerian issues.
What different set of Values? Now I have to admit, I am confuzzled!!  What exactly are you talking about?
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by naijaking1: 2:38am On Jul 07, 2009
I'm shocked that many "learned Nigerians" don't even know why the north has more senators and reps than the south. Even if you exclude FCT, the northwest region has 7 states while the south east has 5. Anybody still confused as to where the extra legistlators come from? I have argued with people from the SE,SS,SW who didn't understand this simple but vital imbalance.

50% derivation formula? That's still not equitable, even 100% is not enough. Just let people control their own resources and pay applicable taxes to the government as is done in man other countries. It's also the only way to eliminate waste and corruption that has been built into the system since 1960s, because somebody at the center wants to control all natural resources.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by Dede1(m): 3:44am On Jul 07, 2009
Wow!!! I knew all along that some peeps are scared and tend to have their guards made of iron when Biafra is mentioned.

Can these people who have expressed fear of Biafra proffer the source of their fear? Is there any precedent where newly created country or break away nation state swallowed her neighbors?

Why are many Nigerians being twisted out of human form at the mention of Biafra? I am completely flabbergasted when reading the degree of hatred spewed when the issue of Biafra and Ndigbo comes up for discussion. I shall not have any regret if the cesspit called Nigeria disintegrates into 36 independent nations.

I hate Nigeria because it lost her sincerity in 1966 and nothing could make her the same again. In pre-1966, what happened in Odi, Garamantu and Sarki Mbiam would have started a determined protest and chaos in other parts of Nigeria. The mere declaration of state of emergency in western region of Nigeria by Tafawa Balewa government spurred unhappy demonstrations in Enugu, Benin and Kaduna.

Before crude oil came into the lives of Nigerians, each region controlled her resources. However, such resource management formula changed when crude oil was struck in eastern region of Nigeria and the need to subvert the tranquility of the region was set in motion that led to civil war.

During and after civil war, the main detractors of eastern region saw to it that resources control was schemed toward the full stewardship of the central government; hence the need to control the government at the center became fraudulent.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by udezue(m): 3:53am On Jul 07, 2009
South East needs an extra state and even South South needs an extra too to take of the imbalance so the South can have more voice but unfortunately the South West cannot be trusted. They will most likely work with the North against the South for their own tribal interest.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Jul 07, 2009
udezue:

South East needs an extra state and even South South needs an extra too to take of the imbalance so the South can have more voice but unfortunately the South West cannot be trusted. They will most likely work with the North against the South for their own tribal interest.

South East needs another state like it needs another Eze with feathered bowler hat. I remember the cries to have Abia, Enugu etc. States created with claims that it would better the lives of those in the area. What has happened since then? How much better are the lives of folks in those areas? Not much but definitely “LEADERS” have sprung up left and right to use the opportunity to fill their pockets and these people continue to do so to date. Create another state for them and you create yet another window for them to steal more from you, yes, and your dear Ibos people. Fix the main problems. Fix the leaking pipes!!! Fix your representatives and you will have practically fixed all the problems that you feel Biafra will solve for you. WAKE UP people!!!

Even the South West is struggle the same when it comes to the same issues some IBOS are whining about, yet Lagos State, which is in the south seems able to step out and get for itself what it needs even in that environment. Demand your leaders SERVE you as leaders should of F**** off. WHINING that Nigeria is against you when your complaints are not unique is ridiculous at best.

Nigerians wake up and stop helping the CORRUPT AND SELFISH minded continue to get the best of us!!
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by No2Atheism(m): 4:24am On Jul 07, 2009
udezue:

South East needs an extra state and even South South needs an extra too to take of the imbalance so the South can have more voice but unfortunately the[b] South West cannot be trusted[/b]. They will most likely work with the North against the South for their own tribal interest.

Where do you want to put the extra state in the south east, don't tell me its in that small piece of igboland landmass, even the south-south deserves at least two states while the igbos deserve non. its easy for someone studying the landmass of nigeria that Edo and Delta alone are both bigger than the whole of Igboland put together yet you don't see Edo and Delta agitating for more states.

If any other region deserves more states, it has to be the South-South and not you who seem to always like to claim and play the victim card, while doing nothing for yourselfs within your own land.

---------------------------
South West cannot be trusted. They will most likely work with the North against the South for their own tribal interest.

What are u people smoking to even be utterring all this kind of nonsense against the West.

Do u even know anything about history at all, before u keep spouting all this nonsense. Is it genetic for some igbos to become irrational wen they want something so badly.

History shows that Igbos are as people themselves are the ones that cannot be trusted.

June 12 - an igbo choose to be a vice-president to an Hausa man against a yoruba man, an igbo man chukwumerige was the spinner, an igbo man was the election coordinator

An irrational igbo choose to carry a national generator to celebrate a burial ceremony, igbo men have been rotating senate presidency like people change clothes.

Second republic - an igbo man choose be a vice president again in an openly rigged election against a yoruba man and infact choose to remain a vice president.

First republic, an igbo man choose to side with the Hausa's against a Yoruba man.

If it smells like a rat,
If it sounds like a rat,
If it walks like a rat,
If it eats like a rat,
If it talks like a rat
then it probably is a rat.

So do not be surpised that people in the south-south do not trust the Igbos, people in the middle-belt do not trust the Igbos, conservative and reserved Yorubas do not trust the Igbos and even your prostituting customers (the northerners) do not trust the Igbos.

Does that not tell you that it means something is fundamentally wrong somewhere and that it really means Igbos are simply not trustworthy, considering almost all the other regions simply do not trust you with anything.

In short for no sensible reason but obviously selfish reasons, Igbo men have been opposing the Yorubas since like forever, yet they still get in bed with the Hausas for financial reasons and yet still claim the hausas to be their enemy. All the same, the West still remained a fruitful financial grounds for Igbos despite all the betrayal the igbos have done against the west. All the same the West still remained as impartial and welcoming to both the Igbos and the Hausas. My experience in the East shows me the Yorubas cannot even dream of being as successful as Igbos have within yoruba land simply because the tribalistic attitude of Igbos within their own land is sure to scupper and derail any such plans by a yoruba person.

Its like some of you igbos guys on nairaland have gone completely irrational because of this Biafra issue, that you know next to nothing about facts and history that is now making you to keep spouting out nonsense at every possible opportunity.  And rather than learn to be rational you still continue to be irrational and abusive in your statements, using every post and opportunity to insult the yorubas and always claiming victim mentality.

Frankly i think its a genetic problem with some igbos, cus i was able to notice the same irrationality while i was living amongst you in the east.

if you take the time to learn about history, you would realise that:

Yoruba do not give a damn what you do or do not do, we've always kept to ourselves hence why you see little or no yoruba financial investments in igboland.
Yorubas do not give a damn if you create or do not create Biafra.
Yorubas do not give a damn if Nigeria is divided.
Yorubas do not give a damn if there is devolution in Nigeria.
Yorubas do not give a damn if there is 100% resource control.

We have always been self sustaining empire builders (go and ask your ancestors) while u were still living in clans and would always continue to be so.

---------------------------------------

The issue of resource control is national its not an Igbo thing, Yorubas want resource control also, south-south want resource control also, south-east wants resource control also , so how is it that you brain does not seem to understand that the issue of resource control is not an opportunity to spout nonsense against the yorubas, but instead u go ahead to keep spouting out nonsense against the yoruba, yet most of your people refuse to go back home and instead choose to live and stay within yoruba areas.

----------------------------------------

for once in your life, learn to shut up your mouth and engage your brain.

---------------------------------------

If you are so pissed with the yorubas, then do yourself a favour and go ahead to create your own forumn considering that the ingenuity of another Yoruba guy created this Nairaland forum that you keep using and coming back to to spout your nonsense verbal garbage.

-------------------------------------

A word is enough for a wise, cus it is said that if I continue to respond to minors like you, then people would think we are both minors from the back and forth talks. Hence i am henceforth going to restrain myself from responding to your verbal diarrhea.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by udezue(m): 4:46am On Jul 07, 2009
Odeeee

Ewu Yoruba. Look man. Igbo land is also in SS fool so when I say SE SS i'm talking bout the larger Igbo nation not just SE. That Edo and Delta got Anioma and Igbanke Igbos.

Anioma state is what we want. Theres even talk of Igbo state carved out of Rivers state. I believe Ijaw ppl also deserve a second state.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by No2Atheism(m): 4:57am On Jul 07, 2009
udezue:

Odeeee

Ewu Yoruba. Look man. Igbo land is also in SS fool so when I say SE SS i'm talking bout the larger Igbo nation not just SE. That Edo and Delta got Anioma and Igbanke Igbos.

Anioma state is what we want. Theres even talk of Igbo state carved out of Rivers state. I believe Ijaw ppl also deserve a second state.

If you want to claim Biafra then also stop yourself from plagiarising words like "Odeeee" "Weree" and co

See how irrational you are, if you are claiming Anioma and Igbanke that are more or less minorities within Edo and Delta, why not join them together to the other closer Igbo states or is state creation just another avenue to make and embezzle money on your part.

By the way Yorubas are also significant parts of the population in Kogi and Kwara, yet you do not see Yorubas making irrational noises like a few irrational Igbos are making on Nairaland.

Wayo Wayo o

Now go back to pick up the feeding bottle and behave this time around and stop being irrational for once in your life.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 07, 2009
debosky:

is oyb the same as this oyb mend? Ol boy wetin you do to deserve banning? grin

oyb mend is an impostor .i never knew i was so popular that i would merit a clone. i thought that was the sole preserve of the likes of er dawoda nackson tongue

angry angry angry angry angry angry

but i was banned today, i tangled with the nefarious spambot  angry
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by naijaking1: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2009
No2Atheism:

Where do you want to put the extra state in the south east, don't tell me its in that small piece of igboland landmass, even the south-south deserves at least two states while the igbos deserve non. its easy for someone studying the landmass of nigeria that Edo and Delta alone are both bigger than the whole of Igboland put together yet you don't see Edo and Delta agitating for more states.

So, your problem is with land mass now? Hausa people won the debate during the 1999 constitution review that's why every sparesly 100 sq kil is a state up there.
You don't creat states to waste money on a desolate desert, but on people---that's one of the many injustices that need correction in naija.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by No2Atheism(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2009
naijaking1:

So, your problem is with land mass now? Hausa people won the debate during the 1999 constitution review that's why every sparesly 100 sq kil is a state up there.
You don't creat states to waste money on a desolate desert, but on people---that's one of the many injustices that need correction in naija.

mechonu over there

I once lived amongst ibos in the east, I know first hand that its not as populated as you have been trying to deceive people on nairaland with hence its not an issue of population versus land-mass, otherwise if that were to be the case then Lagos should be divided into two states while Ibadan should also be a state on its own.

once again i personal do not give a damn whether or not you have biafra, but pls pls stop playing the victim card, it is starting to get boring.

Niger Delta has far more reasons to seceed that you igbos, yet its you that seem to cry the loudest when its obvious a lot of your people have benefitted financialy from this so called nigerian experiment.

Enough is enough, stop being cry babies and grow up at least for once in your life.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by RichyBlacK(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Very true!
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by RichyBlacK(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2009
Dede1:

Wow!!! I knew all along that some peeps are scared and tend to have their guards made of iron when Biafra is mentioned.

Can these people who have expressed fear of Biafra proffer the source of their fear? Is there any precedent where newly created country or break away nation state swallowed her neighbors?

Why are many Nigerians being twisted out of human form at the mention of Biafra? I am completely flabbergasted when reading the degree of hatred spewed when the issue of Biafra and Ndigbo comes up for discussion. I shall not have any regret if the cesspit called Nigeria disintegrates into 36 independent nations.

I hate Nigeria because it lost her sincerity in 1966 and nothing could make her the same again. In pre-1966, what happened in Odi, Garamantu and Sarki Mbiam would have started a determined protest and chaos in other parts of Nigeria. The mere declaration of state of emergency in western region of Nigeria by Tafawa Balewa government spurred unhappy demonstrations in Enugu, Benin and Kaduna.

Before crude oil came into the lives of Nigerians, each region controlled her resources. However, such resource management formula changed when crude oil was struck in eastern region of Nigeria and the need to subvert the tranquility of the region was set in motion that led to civil war.

During and after civil war, the main detractors of eastern region saw to it that resources control was schemed toward the full stewardship of the central government; hence the need to control the government at the center became fraudulent.

Apt summary!
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by SkyBlue1: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2009
OYB_MEND:

@ part in bold, aptly put and shockingly true in many instances (personal opinion). Nigeria is not only a victim of itself but a victim of its history and it is country that has refused to deal with its ghosts hence it is now being haunted by them. I find it difficult to believe that after the civil war happened, the issues that lead to it have not been addressed or spoken of openly by government. A lot of attempts have been made to sweep the issue under the carpet but there is no more space under the carpet to keep sweeping the dirt under. Now if anybody ever raises the issue they are accused of being igbo, a biafra supporter or being guilty of treason. Haven't we learnt from history? When are people ever going to practice what they preach?

If Nigeria's unravelling should occur it would be as a result of countless governments and leaders who have refused to dispose of old solutions that have failed to work in favour of more humane and innovative solutions. It would be because injustice was not addressed or dealt with and the injustice isn't an "igbo issue" as many seem to irritatingly make it so. The injustice extends to the poor, it extends to all the smaller groups inbetween who have been ignored because of the unwritten rule that seems to state that Nigeria is only made up of Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba and every arguement and consideration should take this into account. The unravelling if it comes would be because the Nigerian government failed to see Nigerians as Nigerians first and foremost. We didn't hire an hausa president (not that we hired him in the first place), but a Nigerian one.
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by ikeyman00(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2009
Yoruba issue is not about derivation , but our issue is about unification with other yorubas in Benin republic. That why we say remove yoruba into benin republic. Then when the north is in majority , you people can now ask them for 50% derivation.  We want out of the country, we dont care for one stupid derivation. we have only one interest and it is about a New republic of Benin.

you see map.

You see map that all we want. keep the oil, if you like you give all the oil to the north, as long as we are out of nigeria.

where are the becomerich hideouts
Re: Constitution Amendment: Resource Control Tears Senate Apart by tck2000(m): 11:11pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

At Last Fg Agrees To Pay Minimum Wage / Middle Belt Group Warns Core North Over Jos, Others / Early Deaths: Why Do African Presidents Keep Dying In Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.