Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

An Open Letter To Critics Of Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Critics Of Government (1220 Views)

'some Critics Of Buhari Will Complain About God, If They Make Heaven' -adesina / Ebelechukwu Obiano Threatens To Slap Critics Of Vegetable Scam - Sahara Reporter / Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 6:21am On Feb 13, 2016
The check and balance used in accounting and economics can be likened to the opinion of critics in a democracy. Very important set of people. These are the people who keep government on its toes and whose criticisms acts as external unpaid advice for a wise leader, thus it must be admitted that, a biased, partisan or unknowledgeable critic is a loud gong. It produces noise and affects our sanity. Nigeria has the rights to good leaders and good critics for it survival. It hurts me to see that the only control /steering mechanism the populace should possess in airing our view to government policies has been hijacked by tribalists, no do gooders and criminals. It's really unfortunate.

The youths of today must prove they are in the jet age, we must be faster in reasoning and demonstrate sound judgement. Sometimes I wonder if the sufferings of unemployment and job unsatisfaction is a deliberate ploy to enslave the mind of our youths to stomach infrastructure solutions. We must rise up as the leaders of tomorrow by demonstrating capacity for sound judgement and ideological discourse.

I was talking with a wailer and he kept hammering on the Presidents lack of a certificate, I refused to respond to that and rather tackled him on the economy, every point raised was met with, am an engineer, I don't understand economics, I tackled him on issues on our legislation and it's inefficiency, I was met with same response, I am an engineer I don't understand law, I made It clear that anybody can be a president and it's a temporary position. The development of a nation is never the sole responsibility of who is in charge, but as US president J F Kennedy pointed out " every citizen must do his or her duty towards the fatherland" therefore a critic should not only be about pointing out faults, attributing blames but should be competent enough to proffer likely solutions as well. This is the unpaid advice part.

Look at lai Muhammed, fayose, wailing wailers, ipob, apc goons during Gej........ All you see are noise makers, blame agents and no do gooders. They can pin point errors but are unable to proffer solutions or advise. If we come to the agreement that our president is limited academically, I believe the educational expectations of a Presidential candidate as define by law is a high school certificate, yet we have graduates in the category described above who can't differentiate capital and recurrent in a budget, nor can they explain our current economic situation to the market woman, yet they are critics of the same ignorance displayed by the so-called certificate - less president.

Criticism should generate accountability, generate true change, generate a brainstorming of possible solutions to help the current government lead us aright. Buhari was wrong to point out the obvious truth to the global public because his actions can never be justified by what he stands to gain in the long run or big picture, same accusations I am pointing out to the unfair critics, what do you hope to gain from ur constant biased criticism, from your unfair judgements..... Are your actions aimed at destroying the nation or building it in hope for better service to Nigerians. Change is needed in the Nigerian personality and not just Nigeria's economy.

Mr Fayose, just as the President is saddled with finding our economic solutions as the sole head of the nation, So also are you saddles with same responsibility of finding economic solutions to your failing state as it's soke head,. If you can't find means to augument the short fall in your federal allocations, then your not fit to rule the state just as buhari isn't fit to rule the country. Sheath all swords and let's make Nigeria great.
# eddygourdo/unbiased

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by amaechi1: 6:37am On Feb 13, 2016
The unfortunate thing I have observed is most youth appears to have been hijacked by these corrupt elements in society. Who pretend to be "messiah" only to milk them of their collective wealth.

As for Fayose, I hand him over to God. Time shall tell.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 6:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Hypocrate is when you pray gej downfall and and ask us not to condem boohary.
What sayest thou about the foolishenss and kworuption going on about the budget? Should we praise them?
What do you have to say about aisha sharing redoil rice to bloggers as to sing theis praises?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 6:43am On Feb 13, 2016
amaechi1:
The unfortunate thing I have observed is most youth appears to have been hijacked by these corrupt elements in society. Who pretend to be "messiah" only to milk them of their collective wealth.

As for Fayose, I hand him over to God. Time shall tell.
i hope you never tasted aisha "gellof redoil rice" i want you to swear by ngeneukwenu bia bia say you no chop from the rice cooked with aisha spittle and piss

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 6:44am On Feb 13, 2016
Redoil:
Hypocrate is when you pray gej downfall and and ask us not to condem boohary.
What sayest thou about the foolishenss and kworuption going on about the budget? Should we praise them?
What do you have to say about aisha sharing redoil rice to bloggers as to sing theis praises?
I rightly mentioned the apc goons in my post. Can you tell me how aisha behaviour hinders or encourages the dividends of democracy from getting to you. As a citizen those dividends should be your concern, the development of the nation for our future should be our concern, not the shameless behaviour of people who should know better, we should concern ourselves with issues that affect our growth and not gossip columns.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Flexherbal(m): 6:49am On Feb 13, 2016
I prefer a situation where intelligent Nigerians will continue to suggest ways to improve this great Country to our leaders.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 6:51am On Feb 13, 2016
Eddygourdo:
I rightly mentioned the apc goons in my post. Can you tell me how aisha behaviour hinders or encourages the dividends of democracy from getting to you. As a citizen those dividends should be your concern, the development of the nation for our future should be our concern, not the shameless behaviour of people who should know better, we should concern ourselves with issues that affect our growth and not gossip columns.
by sharing gellof redoil rice which was concoted with aisha spittle and urine to blooges who are supposed to be watchdogs to the common man.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 6:52am On Feb 13, 2016
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 6:55am On Feb 13, 2016
Redoil:
by sharing gellof redoil rice which was concoted with aisha spittle and urine to blooges who are supposed to be watchdogs to the common man.
really? Bloggers are watch dogs of the common man in Nigeria..... Very educative..... . Please bro sound intellectual

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2016
Flexherbal:
I prefer a situation where intelligent Nigerians will continue to suggest ways to improve this great Country to our leaders.
They can only do that via constructive criticism, not the current method of taking partisan sides, thus all we hear are complaints and no solution is proffered
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 7:12am On Feb 13, 2016
Which one is wrong and right.
1. Gej never bought any arm they stole all the money. Boohary
2. The arm gej bought is substanderd and it is causing arm to our gallant soldiers. Lie lie mohammed
3. We have enough arms to prosecute the war. Defence chief
4. We are reconfinguring the 50 alfa jets bought by the last administration to be more deadly. Air force chief.
5. The weapon i bought is what is been use to fight bh. Gej
Like if you disagree with me share if you agree with me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Redoil: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2016
Eddygourdo:
They can only do that via constructive criticism, not the current method of taking partisan sides, thus all we hear are complaints and no solution is proffered
boohary, signing a budget he has no clue about is called what? Yet he is ruling nigeria.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by olajizz01(m): 7:29am On Feb 13, 2016
For those criticising the president,can they do it better,had it been they havent be at the helms of affair before,it would have been better,but now we know their antecedent,they have been borrowing to pay worker's salaries when crude oil was still at 65 dollars per barrel before they left and now is less than 30 dollars per barrel and present govt havent borrow to pay salaries and they are criticising without proffering any solution to the economic situation,the problem on ground is because we have mono-economy,had it been their thin god has diversified our economy from mono to multi within that good six yrs,we wont find ourself in this pathetic economic situation.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Mboi: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2016
olajizz01:
For those criticising the president,can they do it better,had it been they havent be at the helms of affair before,it would have been better,but now we know their antecedent,they have been borrowing to pay worker's salaries when crude oil was still at 65 dollars per barrel before they left and now is less than 30 dollars per barrel and present govt havent borrow to pay salaries and they are criticising without proffering any solution to the economic situation,the problem on ground is because we have mono-economy,had it been their thin god has diversified our economy from mono to multi within that good six yrs,we wont find ourself in this pathetic economic situation.
When the youths of this country reason and talk the way u just did, then we know Nigeria has greater problems ahead.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by amaechi1: 10:08am On Feb 13, 2016
Redoil:
i hope you never tasted aisha "gellof redoil rice" i want you to swear by ngeneukwenu bia bia say you no chop from the rice cooked with aisha spittle and piss

Low level contribution, just as your Radio director. If you think you that all Igbos are in support of Nnamdi Kalu, then you are in for a shocker, because I am Igbo from Enugu state and I will never support Biafruad. Come up with another insult.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by olajizz01(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Mboi:

When the youths of this country reason and talk the way u just did, then we know Nigeria has greater problems ahead.
For saying the blatant truth,u see i didn't against constructive criticism,but their intention is to pull down this govt,immidiately presid. assumed office,ipob crop up with the support of this yesterday's govt,once they realised that their ploy has failed,they devised another way of destructive criticism by employing e-warriors that are spreading lies.#pdphouseofhunger.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by plaetton: 10:38am On Feb 13, 2016
@op

I kinda get your point, but I also see hypocrisy in it.

During the onslaught against OBJ and the GEJ after him, the most vocal critics and mockers were those currently in power right now.
In fact, it pained me greatly that critics and mockers like Wole Soyinka, Tam David West, Tinubu etc, were simply mocking for mocking sake.
Neither of them had or suggested solutions to confront the issues they were criticizing.

And that's the problem.
Nigerians are hypocrites and shifty people. We hardly have any core ideologies or philosophies. Our politics only boils down to "PDP POWER" or "APC POWER". No vision, no ideology needed.

Now, the tables are turned. APC and Buhari are in the hot seat. They have forgotten that Nigerians are beholden to miracles, not Adam Smith's economics.

Its Funny that APC cannot stand mockery and criticism so early in their tenure.

They have better get used to it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by 7lives: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Eddygourdo:

It will shock you to discover that most of the so called youths attacking the government online are LAZY FREELOADERS, who had imbibed the mentality of stealing is not corruption.
I recently had an encounter with one, who came to Lagos for an industrial attachment, he was hyperventilating and getting mad at Segun Arinze for trying to collect the 50k which he mistakenly paid into wrong account, and I was telling this guy that Arinze had really worked hard for that money and so had every right to ask for his money, this freeloader was like " I can never return such money, Arinze is rich let him free that guy abeg"
The freeloader could not get any reasonable place for his IT program so he had to settle for a factory job and so the cookie crumble, he struggled to work in this factory for one month and left the job, he said the job is too tough for him, his colleagues said this guy was more than lazy.
And this is the bitter reality of our situation in this country, people moving around looking for easy money while laughing and jeering at the hardworking folks.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by ckmayoca: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Nigerian politics has turned to football club where chelsea fan will never see anything good in Messi and even compare hazard wit messi.
Anyway if una like make una criticize the past govt and continue condemning the present without putting hands together and condemn bad governance instead of making it a my party thing.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Frankgenius: 11:21am On Feb 13, 2016
My first day on fp show some love
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by mycar: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Flexherbal:

Way forward is for this government to stop scaring away the investors, stop painting Nigeria bad, during GEJ administration, car manufacturers were flocking into the country. There are many indices to calculate the growth and Nigeria should rather promote their strength and not weakness.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
7lives:

It will shock you to discover that most of the so called youths attacking the government online are LAZY FREELOADERS, who had imbibed the mentality of stealing is not corruption.
I recently had an encounter with one, who came to Lagos for an industrial attachment, he was hyperventilating and getting mad at Segun Arinze for trying to collect the 50k which he mistakenly paid into wrong account, and I was telling this guy that Arinze had really worked hard for that money and so had every right to ask for his money, this freeloader was like " I can never return such money, Arinze is rich let him free that guy abeg"
The freeloader could not get any reasonable place for his IT program so he had to settle for a factory job and so the cookie crumble, he struggled to work in this factory for one month and left the job, he said the job is too tough for him, his colleagues said this guy was more than lazy.
And this is the bitter reality of our situation in this country, people moving around looking for easy money while laughing and jeering at the hardworking folks.
hahahahahaha you got it spot on. Awon freeloaders. I hope things change for better.
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by baralatie(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Redoil:
Which one is wrong and right.
1. Gej never bought any arm they stole all the money. Boohary
2. The arm gej bought is substanderd and it is causing arm to our gallant soldiers. Lie lie mohammed
3. We have enough arms to prosecute the war. Defence chief
4. We are reconfinguring the 50 alfa jets bought by the last administration to be more deadly. Air force chief.
5. The weapon i bought is what is been use to fight bh. Gej
Like if you disagree with me share if you agree with me
Cc:Op
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
plaetton:
@op

I kinda get your point, but I also see hypocrisy in it.

During the onslaught against OBJ and the GEJ after him, the most vocal critics and mockers were those currently in power right now.
In fact, it pained me greatly that critics and mockers like Wole Soyinka, Tam David West, Tinubu etc, were simply mocking for mocking sake.
Neither of them had or suggested solutions to confront the issues they were criticizing.

And that's the problem.
Nigerians are hypocrites and shifty people. We hardly have any core ideologies or philosophies. Our politics only boils down to "PDP POWER" or "APC POWER". No vision, no ideology needed.

Now, the tables are turned. APC and Buhari are in the hot seat. They have forgotten that Nigerians are beholden to miracles, not Adam Smith's economics.

Its Funny that APC cannot stand mockery and criticism so early in their tenure.

They have better get used to it.
mockery brings no lasting solutions except stagnant economic and political growth. My post didn't exempt or excuse the apc goon. It rather attempts to empower our youths to live up to expectations
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by Eddygourdo(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
ckmayoca:
Nigerian politics has turned to football club where chelsea fan will never see anything good in Messi and even compare hazard wit messi.
Anyway if una like make una criticize the past govt and continue condemning the present without putting hands together and condemn bad governance instead of making it a my party thing.
thank you sir
Re: An Open Letter To Critics Of Government by baralatie(m): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
mycar:

Way forward is for this government to stop scaring away the investors, stop painting Nigeria bad, during GEJ administration, car manufacturers were flocking into the country. There are many indices to calculate the growth and Nigeria should rather promote their strength and not weakness.
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Save Agatu Protest / Onitsha Mall Set To Take Off This Month- Pictures / Troops Records Another Victory,clears Boko Haram From Doska, Borno. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.