Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries (28291 Views)

FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Duru009(m): 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
U have use the billions met for the state for election.......

U are talking trash. How many workers does belyesa has with just eight(cool local govt.
U are talkin rubbish........
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
I Concur
Siberia101:
Bayelsa with 9 local government on a wage bill of 4 billion? hmmmm then Kano should be on a 20billion wage bill..

Borrowing Money from banks to pay workers in a small oil state like Bayelsa that still receives 13% oil derivation..

Seriake A beg receive SENSE
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by TheFreeOne: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:
Bayelsa with 9 local government on a wage bill of 4 billion? hmmmm then Kano should be on a 20billion wage bill..

Borrowing Money from banks to pay workers in a small oil state like Bayelsa that still receives 13% oil derivation..

You nailed it.

What's the size of bayelsa civil service that'll warrant a monthly 3-4b wage bill

There are too many wastages in governance (both state and federal).
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by oganology33(m): 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wen times become hard it is only civil servants dat shld brace up. Politicians and dia flamboyant lifestyles still remain desame. Nobody is concerned abt reducing government expenditure. . .not even Buhari. Spending more money on govt house welfare Dan the ppl.
Fools!!!
I pity ppl who fight and die 4 politicians. They shld rot in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Atlantian: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
The plummeting price of oil is really going to help re-position the humans of Nigeria to start thinking outside the box. You dont exploit nature's resource and sit lazy to spend on frivolities. Time to be creative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
As I said elsewhere on this post....the oil price chickens have come home to roost.

Many states are going to have to make tough choices, even when oil prices shoot up again ...because the good times are over.

Bayelsa is going to have to start sacking workers, and raising taxes to survive.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Saladin25(m): 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
Scammer. You better vacate that position. 4billion for salaries a state that her population is not up to Alimosho local govt in Lagos. ole! barawo

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by billyG(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
This SONOFAPRIICK don finish Bayelsa money 4 election.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by barcaboi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
cry WHY YOU NO TELL US BEFORE ELECTION (DURING CAMPAIGN) NA NOW YOU COME THEY OPEN MOUTH lipsrsealed

PDP IS APC, APC IS PDP
...lol...na ur man nah
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Iroh88:
But make una come oo. What's the total population of Bayelsa state?? What's the population of her workforce?? How much does an average civil servant in the state earn?? How can such a small state justify a wage bill of 4billion??

I think Bayelsa desperately needs to carry out a staff audit of their civil service- it could be that every single civil servant has an invisible twin working for the state govt.
Efcc should go and rest n abide with bayelsa state government am sure tonyebarcanista is on the payroll....am sure we can save 2 billion Naira monthly there and recover same for four years

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by enny2178: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:

PDP you don start
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by ikdiaro(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Scam alert!!!
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by gbagyiza: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dis country don enter one chance...wahala don show face 4 nija.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by brilliant5(m): 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:

He just mite b saying the truth... I schooled in BY. Back den in sch my BY class mates de wait monthly alert lk say dem de work. Am not talking abt alawi wen parents de send o. Its a normal tin in BY.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Naff24(f): 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TOO LENGTHY BRO, I AM ALLERGIC TO LONG STORIES.
You are allergic to truth...simple!
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by aresa: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-xN2_pG8HZ6Y/VWuHj2rSVXI/AAAAAAAFbFw/2P9Im99Ngcs/s1600/8.jpg[/img]

Lagos state with 20 million people after the FG is the largest employer of labor in west africa spends N6 billion, but a little state like bayelsa with less than 5 million people spends N4 billion on workers...

= Ghost workers scam..

5 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by billyG(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
seunmsg:
Where is Ben Bruce when you need him? Instead of fighting federal government over Nasco biscuit, he should make his common sense available to his home state.

I will like to see what PDP wailers will say about this. Aregbesola was almost crucified for this same problem in Osun, let's see the excuse they will come up with for an oil rich state like Bayelsa with just eight LGA and the smallest population in the country.
If it is Osun state we will understnd b/c osun is a pure civil servant state they do nothing else,but 4 Tiny bayelsa with d smallest no; of LGA,very small state population,what happen to 13% derivation collected all those yrs,in reality nobody shld lack in bayelsa,whre is B.Bruce he need 2 relocate to yenagoa 2 make common sense common 2 Governor.S.Sonofapriick.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Kingspin(m): 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Our problems has never been money rather poor management and embezzlement.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Smooyis(m): 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Iroh88:
But make una come oo. What's the total population of Bayelsa state?? What's the population of her workforce?? How much does an average civil servant in the state earn?? How can such a small state justify a wage bill of 4billion??

I think Bayelsa desperately needs to carry out a staff audit of their civil service- it could be that every single civil servant has an invisible twin working for the state govt.

That state civil service needs to be thoroughly audited. Lest I forget, have they started implementing the TSA account? If not then they are in for a very long thing.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Toosure70: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
And some mad people will be attacking my aregbe. nonsense.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by billyG(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
aresa:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-xN2_pG8HZ6Y/VWuHj2rSVXI/AAAAAAAFbFw/2P9Im99Ngcs/s1600/8.jpg[/img]

Lagos state with 20 million people after the FG is the largest employer of labor in west africa spends N6 billion, but a little state like bayelsa with less than 5 million people spends N4 billion on workers...

= Ghost workers scam..
Which 5million pple?1.2million pple!

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
IF ALL THAT IT ENTAILS TO BEEN A GOVERNOR IS TO WAIT FOR FED ALLOCATION AND PAY SALARIES, THEN ANY STREET MAN CAN DO THAT.
IF YOU CAN'T MANAGE THE RESOURCES OF THAT STATE RESIGN OR GO TO YOUR GODFATHER,THE OTUOKE MAN AND GET BAILOUT.
WHEN THEY ARE CAMPAIGNING THEY WILL PROMISE TO PERFORM WONDERS BUT AFTER ELECTION STORIES.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by aresa: 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
billyG:

Which 5million pple?1.2million pple!

http://www.bayelsa.gov.ng/facts-about-bayelsa

Less than 2 million from the state's website...

Every soul in that state including babies and school children must be government workers and getting paid serious money every month.

This is very sad and the fact that the governor is crying over wages instead of addressing the obvious fraud and scam he's feeding and enabling monthly shows bad stewardship on his part..

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by shamecurls(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lobatan!
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
O Nigeria!

Where Governors are elected only to pay salaries. Recurrent expenditure is eternally above 70%. No worker dies,none retires,none resigns or is fired.....workforce remains the same. Ever bloated!

No rapid development of Agriculture,Information Technology,Water transportation or speed rails despite oil profits from the 70s till today.

No earthquakes, no hurricanes, no volcanic eruptions, no snow.......what if there was any or all of these.

O Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by HowAreYou(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
amaechi1:
Mr common sense please, proffer common sense on how to deal with the issue. In addition to what you will say, always remember to tell the Gov to cut the cost of his legislators and his aides. Mr common sense, please don't forget to tell your colleague in the Senate that their Jumbo pay is no more sustainable. Halve their salaries can put a lot of Nigerians to work.

Just making common sense.

Bro...Lets assume Timpre Sylva won the election..and he came out with this statement..The Useless clueless wailing wailers would have start screaming and raining abuses on him knowing fully well his administration is not even 2 months old.

God help us

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by theophorus(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks be to God for all this unfolding events.
Nigeria Youth it is time to arise and stand for the TRUTH.
If we continue on this part then it is sure that 30years to this time We would regret Our inactions when these Men eat Our Future.

#YouthArise.
#StandforTruth
#StandforJustice

NB: stop supporting people based on Party or because of #1000 bribe.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by kolafolabi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
When a small state like Bayelsa that has nine L.G is saying that, I imagine what other state is passing through.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Idiotic inept governor...just fools we put into power...you had better diversify the economy of that state...no more lies from you..No more oil to fund your madness and greediness..what kind of leaders do we have ....God forbid ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
jon1:
O Nigeria!

Where Governors are elected only to pay salaries. Recurrent expenditure is eternally above 70%. No worker dies,none retires,none resigns or is fired.....workforce remains the same. Ever bloated!

No rapid development of Agriculture,Information Technology,Water transportation or speed rails despite oil profits from the 70s till today.

No earthquakes, no hurricanes, no volcanic eruptions, no snow.......what if there was any or all of these.

O Nigeria!
nigeria is a cursed nation..This is why I clamor for true federalism...its the only way fools like dickson can work to generate revenue for that rich state without waiting for monthly allocation just to pay salaries...fools we have as governors...this trend will continue forever until regionalism is practiced in this country..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
I only have gej to blame for enforcing this gorilla on bayelsa state... angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC: Goodluck Jonathan Is Working For Buhari / Kuje Jailbreak: DHQ Tackles Fani-kayode Over Allegations Against Military / Peter Obi, Others, Attend Burial Of Late Princess Margaret Obiagbena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.