Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries (28284 Views)

FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" ā€“ Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by impetus: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:
Bayelsa with 9 local government on a wage bill of 4 billion? hmmmm then Kano should be on a 20billion wage bill..

Borrowing Money from banks to pay workers in a small oil state like Bayelsa that still receives 13% oil derivation..

Seriake A beg receive SENSE
NYBEN
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by bedspread: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Then why did u go for re-election!

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by BarryX(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
seunmsg:
Where is Ben Bruce when you need him Instead of fighting federal government over Nasco biscuit, he should make his common sense available to his home state.

I will like to see what PDP wailers will say about this. Aregbesola was almost crucified for this same problem in Osun, let's see the excuse they will come up with for an oil rich state like Bayelsa with just only nine LGA and the smallest population in the country.
really?
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by JohnFrankling(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Too many ghost workers in bayelsa state
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by seunmsg(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
APCHaram:
Bayelsa is a civil servant state with majority of employed people working in one sort of capacity under the state govt.

Most importantly , Bayelsa adopts federal wage scale unlike beggars in osun.

The drop in oil prices will hit hard on Bayelsa since there is hardly any industry outside oil to sustain the govt.

Bayelsa even at now is still better than osun which can't even pay half of the low sate wage which isn't up to minimum wage .

I can only laugh at you for spewing this thrash. A very small oil rich state is borrowing to pay salaries and you are here defending this nonsense. Dickson should just have informed the people of Bayelsa that he can no longer borrow to pay their salaries before the election.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by esosuo: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
Politicians. undecided after election the only promise u.get from dem na like dis ,the fire when devil go take make their own hell ehmmm dem still dey gather the automated gas to power am
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by bedspread: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
PDP IS APC, APC IS PDP[/quote] Bros you make sense!!
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by princeshijman(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
apc n pdp all of dem na thief. i am just tired of this country's problem.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by flokii: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
when you were busy wasting money to rig elections... you didn't know

tell oga clueless to surrender his own share of d looted funds.. mayb bubu will come to ur aid
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by APCHaram: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
seunmsg:

I can only laugh at you for spewing this thrash. A very small oil rich state is borrowing to pay salaries and you are here defending this nonsense. Dickson should just have informed the people of Bayelsa that he can no longer borrow to pay their salaries before the election.

That one no concern you.

Una wey no get anything in osun have a higher debt than bayelsa

At the end of the day, Bayelsa civil servants take home federal rates while Aregbe can't even pay half of the slave rate he is paying osun workers

And also at the end of the dat, Aregbe has only 55million naira left .

Dickson did not say the state was broke but that the harsh economic realities emanating from shortfall of oil price will seriously affect his state ability from paying by sourcing from bank loans.

[size=28pt]He is not borrowing anymore unlike your governor who said he can't pay because banks refused to loan him.[/size]
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by siraj1402(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
So Bayelsa is on 4b with 8 lg while osun with 30 lg is on 2.3b.Who is deceiving who?PDP= scam.

6 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by banmee(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works. Nigerians need to understand how taxation works.Nigerians need to understand how taxation works.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by emerged01(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
After election...he try
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
What has Dickson done to increase the Internally Generated Revenue of Bayelsa State. It is easy to become Governor but it takes Brains to become a performing Governor.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by MahatmaGhandi: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Beyelsa is too strategically located and blessed for this kind of talk. You don't have to borrow to pay salaries, you can generate enough money to fund your budget if you put your brain to good use.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Bayelsa has no business borrowing to pay salaries if not for mismanagement. Elected government officials live like kings and throw money at every passerby and expect poorly paid civil servants to bear the brunt. Meanwhile the state is not doing enough to curb pipeline vandalism and sabotage of infrastructures of oil companies.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by docadams: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
cry WHY YOU NO TELL US BEFORE ELECTION (DURING CAMPAIGN) NA NOW YOU COME THEY OPEN MOUTH lipsrsealed

PDP IS APC, APC IS PDP

Ozaekpe!! Better ishan weed at work. Lol!

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by NaLaugh: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:
Bayelsa with 9 local government on a wage bill of 4 billion? hmmmm then Kano should be on a 20billion wage bill..

Borrowing Money from banks to pay workers in a small oil state like Bayelsa that still receives 13% oil derivation..

undecided

Wasn't it the same state that spent over N33 billion to build "the most lavish government house in Africa" or some convoluted BS like that?

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dickson,
I understand you very well.
I do not blame u at all.
I blame Bayelsian who allow you to impossed yourself on them.

The Fed allocation has dropped yes we know.
Ever since your first tenure, u placed embargo on employment which is yet to be lifted.
More than 5% of Bayelsa Civil servants due for retirement has gone, yet no new employment niether did you pay their entiltilments.

I dont wanna talk about your failure in 1st tenure.
You allowed most LGA to be held hostage by dreaded Godfathers..... Ogbia LGA yet to pay workers for 10months running. people are dying. This is (GEJ's Own LGA)
Ebonyi state, Anambra state and other none NDDC states all pay their salary before month end.

I understand with u.
Despite your greeds, u couldn't bring out the billions u laundered in UAE, for your re_election.
GEJ sponsored ur re_election.
Mimiko, Akpabio and Tompolo sponsored the re_run.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by tyangel: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
bayelsa paying 4 billion every month for salaries, I don't believe DAT......... efcc pls be at alert

1 Like

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by stonemasonn: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
APCHaram:
Bayelsa is a civil servant state with majority of employed people working in one sort of capacity under the state govt.

The drop in oil prices will hit hard on Bayelsa since there is hardly any industry outside oil to sustain the govt.

Bayelsa even at now is still better than osun which can't even pay half of the low sate wage which isn't up to minimum wage .

You will always have a defense for PDP's ineptitude but attack for Osun remains constant. Osun state will surprise you one day, continu.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by ogmaskman: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Every civil servant in bayelsa is a politician. What's country man talking about. Is he saying he doesn't know how the money is spent. Countryman knows where the money goes he should not bore us with this. The only way out is for him to live by example. The other day I saw countryman in phc at wike's thxgivin service, his convoy alone is enough to pay the salaries of 3schools in his state.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by biotechshola(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
APCHaram:

osun state has the second largest tier of civil servants after lagos.

Monthly allocation of osun state before drop in oil price is 4billion naira, lowest in nigeria. Now the allocation has been reduced to below 2billion naira, hence the govt resulted to paying half salaries to workers frm grade 8 upward while below it receive full salaries.

Mr man, receive some sense!

13 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by wristbangle: 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
seunmsg:
Where is Ben Bruce when you need him? Instead of fighting federal government over Nasco biscuit, he should make his common sense available to his home state.

I will like to see what PDP wailers will say about this. Aregbesola was almost crucified for this same problem in Osun, let's see the excuse they will come up with for an oil rich state like Bayelsa with just eight LGA and the smallest population in the country.

My brother, I tire o!

Osun state is not even an oil state but bayelsa state richly blessed with oil Smh undecided

That is why I keep telling people that our politicians are the same. All they know is to siphon funds for their personal gains.

Honestly for a state like bayelsa to be spending 4 billion naira on workforce monthly. Something is wrong. I will advice FG to start auditing each states workforce to clear off hoodlums and ghost workers.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
This guy when distribute money to him immediate families, people when vote am in na hin I dey pity,them go see say bribe no dey belliful person for a lifetime
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by Nawa4nl: 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:

Kano's number is inflated.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by reuben79: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
See life of politican....election as gone story don start
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by holllandis: 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oil producing states should not be allowed to suffer like the non oil producing ones

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by arsenal33: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
amaechi1:
Mr common sense please, proffer common sense on how to deal with the issue. In addition to what you will say, always remember to tell the Gov to cut the cost of his legislators and his aides. Mr common sense, please don't forget to tell your colleague in the Senate that their Jumbo pay is no more sustainable. Halve their salaries can put a lot of Nigerians to work.

Just making common sense.

Mr common sense only tweets about Buhari. He is a twit
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by ifenes(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
This is what happens when a country is not self sufficient. Everyone wants to be a graduate and get paid. Nigeria will collapse at some point.
Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by oostin: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
APCHaram:

your argument is entirely baseless and you know it. Anambra state with more than twice the population of Bayelsa State and with a budget of less than N150bn as against Bayelsa's over N300bn pays its civil servants good wages and is not complaining.

Cross River state pays its civil servants on time without hassles and on a much smaller budget.

I'm really surprised that you are even trying to justify this financial recklessness. As long as we can't look beyond ethnic sentiments and APC, PDP sentiments we're never going to develop as a nation.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries by midasbliss(f): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
undecided Scam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Lawan Defies Oshiomhole, Meets PDP Governors, Senators / Iā€™m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End ā€“ Obasanjo / VIDEO: Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson, Leads Thugs To Attack, Sack Court In Y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.