Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

You Have No Reason Under Heaven To Be Broke! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / You Have No Reason Under Heaven To Be Broke! (1144 Views)

5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke / With This,you Can Never Be Broke Again / Follow These 6 Simple Steps And You'll Never Be Broke Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have No Reason Under Heaven To Be Broke! by GMartyns(f): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Making money while you sleep.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
David Bailey said “To get rich, you have to be making money while you’re asleep.”
After reading books like “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and “4 Hour Work Week,” I became obsessed with making passive income.
Whenever someone needs additional income, the stereotypical suggestion offered is to “get a part-time job.”
But what if you don’t have the time or energy to put in all those extra hours?

I know I didn’t. Plus that wasn’t as appealing as making money while I was trading time for money.
For that, you may need some passive income ideas — ways to make money with little investment of time and effort on your part.
Here’s a list of quite a few passive income ideas, so it’s likely that you’ll be able to find at least two or three that will work in your situation.

Earn interest on safe investments.
1. Try out index funds.
Index funds provide you with a way to invest in the stock market that is completely passive. For example, if you invest money in an index fund that is based on the S&P 500 Index, you will be invested in the general market, without having to concern yourself with choosing investments, rebalancing your portfolio, or knowing when to sell or buy individual companies. All that will be handled by the fund which will base the fund portfolio on the makeup of the underlying index.
You are also free to choose a fund that is based on any index that you want. For example, there are index funds set up for just about every market sector there is — energy, precious metals, banking, emerging markets — you name it. All you have to do is decide that you want to participate, then contribute money and sit back and relax. Your stock portfolio will then be on automatic pilot.
Tap into YouTube.

2. Make YouTube videos.
This is a venture that is growing rapidly. You can create videos in just about any area that you like — music, tutorials, opinions, comedy, movie reviews — anything you want . . . then put them on YouTube. You can then attach Google AdSense to the videos, which will overlay your videos with automatic ads. When viewers click on those ads, you will earn money from AdSense.
The keys will be to create compelling videos, to promote those videos on social media websites, and to create enough of them that your income will be coming from multiple sources. There’s a good bit of work that goes into creating videos, but once a video is done it can become a completely passive cash flow source for a very long time.
Don’t think you can find success with YouTube? You sure can. Emily Eddington used her love for makeup and YouTube to quit her full-time job. She has received over 66 million views on YouTube. This former morning news anchor took her passion — makeup — and turned it into a phenomenal success.

3. Try affiliate marketing and make sales.
This is a passive income technique that is better suited to people who have blogs and active websites. You can sign up to promote certain products or services on your site, for which you will be paid either a flat fee or a percentage of the amount of the sale completed.
This isn’t as hard to do as you might think, since there are thousands of companies in the world who want to sell their products in as many places as they can.
You can find affiliate offers either by contacting vendors directly, or on dedicated websites, such as ClickBank. It’s always best if the product or service is one that you are either very interested in or is highly relevant to your website.
Convert your photography into income.

4. Put your photography to work on the web.
Do you like photography? If you do, you may be able to convert it into a passive income source. Photography websites such as Shutterstock and iStockphoto can provide you with platforms to sell your photos. They may offer either a percentage or a flat fee of each photo that is sold to a site client.
In this way, a single photo could represent a cash flow source since it can be sold again and again. You simply need to create your photo portfolio, put it on one or more photo platforms, and then the activity becomes completely passive. All the technicalities of the photo sales are handled through the web platform.
And yes, that’s me in a stock photo you can purchase from iStockPhoto.com. My good is a photographer and has uploaded a few hundred photos to their platform and makes a good residual income from it.

5. Purchase high dividend stocks.
By building a portfolio of high dividend stocks, you can create regular passive income at an annual rate that is much higher than what you get on bank investments.
Just as important, since high dividend stocks are stocks, there is always the potential for capital appreciation.
In that way, you can earn passive income from two sources — dividends and capital gains.
You will need a brokerage account to purchase these stocks and complete the research needed.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Every time you swipe your credit card you can get cash back.

6. Write an ebook.
This can be a lot of work upfront, but once the ebook is created and marketed it can provide you with a passive revenue stream for years. You can either sell the ebook on your own website or offer it as an affiliate arrangement with other websites that provide content related to your ebook.

7. Get cash-back rewards on credit cards.
There are credit cards that provide cash-back rewards ranging anywhere from 1% to 5% of the amount purchased. You’re going to be out shopping and buying anyway, right?
Rewards will give you an opportunity to earn some passive “income” (in the form of reduced outgo) from doing what you would do anyway.

We recently started being mindful of collecting reward points on our cards especially since we like to travel. In the past year we’ve been able to use our reward points to pay for 9 round trip flights and few nights in a hotel. Now that’s what I’m talking about!
You can sell pretty much any product or service online.

8. Sell your own products on the internet.
The possibilities here are endless — you can sell just about any product or service that you like. It could be a product you have created and can manufacture on your own or it could be digital in nature (such as software, DVDs, Read more http://sharingwithmartins..com.ng/search?updated-max=2016-02-10T19:32:00Z&max-results=6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Reason Under Heaven To Be Broke! by Burgerlomo: 7:55am On Feb 14, 2016
God bless you.
Re: You Have No Reason Under Heaven To Be Broke! by iyky(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Internet is a big market place...I have made real money online..after trying a lot and loosing .nairaland is among the best place to seek solution...but beware .some are fraud and scam ..
With a little fund,udont expect to be millionaire over night.but with right investment .ur money can grow....I have guided many, let me guide u too....
Mail me on iykylee@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Loopers Club Website Finally Shuts Down / Grab This Great Opportunity!!! Get 35% Of Your Bitcoin Investment In 7 Days / Invest In Owerri Imo State Now And Triple Your Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.