Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour (39618 Views)

Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / Mouth Odour In Nigeria,[ Causes & Treatments] / 4 Sure Fire Ways To Get Rid Of Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Sunymoore(m): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Cool
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Op, worabaot body odour/body language?
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Bluezy13(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
It contains iron,... sodium chlorine

A table spoon is sodium free. Hmmmm...
Confusing...
Abeg, na the table spoon remove Sodium from honey?
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by ogunwalea(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello friends,thanks for helping get to the final stage. please help me like my recent picture @phabssng page on instagram.pls it's urgent,today is the final day .Thanks a million times
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by greatbrian(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:
As a licenced and practicing dentist, I have to say, u shud stop these lies. U have mouth odour, see a professional. And d dentist is d best person to see.

When mouth odour cases come to my clinic, d usual question I ask them is, "Have u had scaling and Polishing before? If yes, when?" Then I go into other questioning.

Op if u must know, mouth odour has a myriad of causes. A problem with the nose, or antrum (sure u won't knw what antrum means, check it out) can cause mouth odour. Systemic problems like gastro-intestinal infections, obstruction, indigestion. Upper respiratory tract infections could also cause odour from the mouth.
While from the mouth, causes include, a cavity in a tooth, gum infections, calculus or plaque load on teeth, etc.

Halitosis or bad breadth could also simply be psychogenic, meaning the person has no odour but he or she feels that she has mouth odour.

So pls OP, let the professionals do their job. Ur job is to enlighten people to come to us. Thanks.

Meanwhile read my post on the importance of seeing a dentist.

https://www.nairaland.com/2807611/pictures-what-didnt-know-dentist

U should at least say a hrt felt thank u to d op b4 telling us what we didn't ask you Op nice one jawe u r d best

3 Likes

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by greatbrian(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Do a lot of press up push up and oda pt. Or better still join the military. Lolz. U won't hv time to think abt ur mouth odour.... Quote me at ur own peril
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by iykekelvins(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
Okay
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:
As a licenced and practicing dentist, I have to say, u shud stop these lies. U have mouth odour, see a professional. And d dentist is d best person to see.

When mouth odour cases come to my clinic, d usual question I ask them is, "Have u had scaling and Polishing before? If yes, when?" Then I go into other questioning.

Op if u must know, mouth odour has a myriad of causes. A problem with the nose, or antrum (sure u won't knw what antrum means, check it out) can cause mouth odour. Systemic problems like gastro-intestinal infections, obstruction, indigestion. Upper respiratory tract infections could also cause odour from the mouth.
While from the mouth, causes include, a cavity in a tooth, gum infections, calculus or plaque load on teeth, etc.

Halitosis or bad breadth could also simply be psychogenic, meaning the person has no odour but he or she feels that she has mouth odour.

So pls OP, let the professionals do their job. Ur job is to enlighten people to come to us. Thanks.

Perhaps you've got no mouth odour, but you haven't realized that something worse is oozing off your mouth: incorrigible braggadocio!
Op you're blessed.
Mr. Dentist, I'm sending my dog over.
He's got cavity!

3 Likes

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by professore(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks for sharing
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Andremani(m): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hw mani nairalanders de here now *naughty*
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by francisbiz: 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

In as much as I am in support of some of your statements, It is pertinent to point out that you just did not say whether the OP's therapy was ok or not.
OP may not be a dentist or whatever, have you gone to lab with his therapy? Of course no, you are not a Biomedical Researcher.
Allow Biomedical researchers to go to lab. All you know how to do is to pull teeth until there are no more teeth to pull in a patients mouth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Olasco93: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

Hello Doc.
Please what are the simple ways of taking care of the mouth to stop/avoid/cure normal Mouth Odour?
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

Op if u must know, mouth odour has a myriad of causes. A problem with the nose, or antrum (sure u won't knw what antrum means, check it out) can cause mouth odour. Systemic problems like gastro-intestinal infections, obstruction, indigestion; upper respiratory tract infections could also cause odour from the mouth.

Halitosis or bad breadth could also simply be psychogenic, meaning the person has no odour but he or she feels that they has mouth odour.

Where's your practice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by obidevine(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
ThoniaSlim:
First of a lot of people have poor dental hygiene. Most people ignore their tongue. Look at the tongue like a towel. Imagine not washing your towel well, wouldn't it stink?

I recommend brushing at least twice a day, always flossing at night especially after eating your beef all day. Also I oil pull twice a week using coconut oil for 15minutes.

Thoniaslim you have a point.
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by ggrin(f): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Smellymouth:

Bae, am waiting for u in bed ooo undecided
I can't wait to kiss u mercilessly kiss kiss kiss
solution at last tongue
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Smellymouth: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
grin my mouth dey smell?
ggrin:
solution at last tongue
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by freemanbubble: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
me nor dey all those many many talk
just brush your teeth after meal in the morning and brush after meal in the night before going to bed
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by FabioPeter: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
For a moment, consider the efficacy of his suggested method. It may be unconventional but work.
Practice good dental hygiene, brush twice daily.. chewing gum helps, Bitter Kola helps as well. My two cent.

brainy4oli:

Op if u must know, mouth odour has a myriad of causes. A problem with the nose, or antrum (sure u won't knw what antrum means, check it out) can cause mouth odour. Systemic problems like gastro-intestinal infections, obstruction, indigestion; upper respiratory tract infections could also cause odour from the mouth.

Halitosis or bad breadth could also simply be psychogenic, meaning the person has no odour but he or she feels that they has mouth odour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by ggrin(f): 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
Smellymouth:
grin my mouth dey smell?
ewwwwwwwlipsrsealed
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Olasco93:

Hello Doc.
Please what are the simple ways of taking care of the mouth to stop/avoid/cure normal Mouth Odour?
Brushing twice
Forget Oral B "green gel",macleans,closeup toothpaste. Use good brands colgate,Oral b "white gel",sensodyne
and buy mouth wash alongside with a good toothbrush (soft) change it every
month or less if the bristle are falling apart!

1 Like

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Mike008(m): 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

You've only succeeded in advertising yourself as a "dentist" and perhaps shed a little light on what causes mouth odour which I doubt it's what a person suffering from it would expect from a dentist.
The last time I checked, a dentists primary concern is the teeth and gums.
And as you've mentioned, halitosis has a myriad of causes, so how will a dentist cure a mouth odour caused by infections of the nose, throat, lungs, constipation, indigestion and some liver diseases, which comes under the purview and expertise of other medical personnel other than Dentists? (I did my research too).
You see dentists can only cure teeth or gum-related halitosis even though they may have an understanding of other myriad of causes, which boils down to my conclusion that what the poster posted is not out of place.
We all know how highly medicinal Honey and lemon are considered to be and certainly they aren't toxic, this home remedy is worth a try. It just might be a right remedy for a particular kind of mouth odour.
You are misleading us the more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by dikachi04(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

Oga dentist, u dy well..correct!
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Walexz02(m): 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
ThoniaSlim:
First of a lot of people have poor dental hygiene. Most people ignore their tongue. Look at the tongue like a towel. Imagine not washing your towel well, wouldn't it stink?

I recommend brushing at least twice a day, always flossing at night especially after eating your beef all day. Also I oil pull twice a week using coconut oil for 15minutes.
Which one is oil pull again
Abeg educate on that grin
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 12:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Nice
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Cooleasy(m): 1:05am On Feb 14, 2016
Do you know Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution? (Ask for it in any chemist). After brushing your mouth, take a spoonful of it and gargle it in your mouth for 10 minutes (BUT DON'T SWALLOW!). Then spit it out after 10 minutes, and then rinse your mouth. Do it for just 2 or 3 days. Your mouth odour, canker sores, etc, will be completely GONE. Ask dental personnel about this or research it further. This is a punch below the belt for mouth odour and other mouth problems. It works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Olasco93: 1:36am On Feb 14, 2016
IHate9ja1:

Brushing twice
Forget Oral B "green gel",macleans,closeup toothpaste. Use good brands colgate,Oral b "white gel",sensodyne
and buy mouth wash alongside with a good toothbrush (soft) change it every month or less if the bristle are falling apart!
Thanks Doc.
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by davidif: 4:51am On Feb 14, 2016
divaa:
Although its not really common in Nigeria, Flossing is one of the best methods to stop mouth odor.

The major cause of mouth odor is food particles that haave been left decayed in our teeth, these food particles are now acted upon by bacteria causing mouth odor.

Brushing your teeth alone , will not be able to remove the small particles stuck in the tiny spaces within your teeth. So flossing with a floss pick or wire will get right in there.

If you don't floss and brush daily, food particles will remain in there and continue smelling.

I'm not sure about this Honey method recommended by OP.!

If you use a good toothbrush and toothpaste, the bacterias can be killed off without flossing!

No o my brother shocked. Even with a good toothbrush you still need to floss and thats because a flossing string can go places an ordinary toothbrush can't go .
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by careerfirst45: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2016
As a Naturopathic Doctor, I must comment on this topic, Op is right as much as the dentist. Using lime and honey to wash ur mouth could help remove or reduce mouth odour bt it should nt be left for days are he said. once u prepare it, use immediately at least 3 times daily. But this can occur help with reducing the effects of pathogens around the mouth region. some infections can also result to mouth odour and u must go for an intensive lab test to verify the problem. so when u take honey and lime is nt working, see ur doctor for advice.
Note that salt- solution and some mouth wash has help in reducing mouth Odour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by kdola: 10:48am On Feb 14, 2016
This is how it is and it'll always be...different ppl with different ideals, thoughts, beliefs...so thanks to both d indigenous and and professional dentist...d wise one should know about go for the 1dat suit u....
Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by kdola: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2016
This is how it is and it'll always be...different ppl with different ideals, thoughts, beliefs...so thanks to both d indigenous and and professional dentist...d wise one should know and go for the 1dat suit u....

1 Like

Re: Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour by Analysiscorner: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2016
brainy4oli:

From your writeup one can understand that there are many causesof mouth odour. And some are even beyond the dentist's knowledge. It would have been better if you had talked about using raw honey to treat mouth odours emanating from bacterial infection of the mouth. Tell us whether it is true or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Tony Ezenna Is Alive, Not Dead / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.