Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? (827 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
A friend was forced by the wife to witness the whole episode of her child delivery, right from the period of labor.

So Men, how would you feel if your wife wants you present as she delivers her child?
and ladies , would you rather want your husband to witness the whole episode of child birth and what could prompt you do that?
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Akinagirl(f): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
Yes, I want him present to when I deliver OUR child. He helped me make it, so he can be there when I deliver it.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by benincitys(f): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2009
yes he was there when my baby was born .
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2009
//
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2009
Akinagirl:

Yes,  I want him present to when I deliver OUR child. He helped me make it, so he can be there when I deliver it.
So, that'd be your reason? not fair atall.

benincitys:

yes he was there when my baby was born .
was he there at his own accord or was asked, finally was he inside the ward with you as you deliver?

chaircover:

Fathers who were at their baby’s birth will tell you that it is one of the most amazing and wonderful things that they have ever experienced.

Men don’t give this wonderful experience up for anything.

It is worth it to be there.

Even the man that passed on, out of high BP, on seeing what the wife was passing through nko? whilst the wife and the baby finally made it
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by frecklesnz: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2009
There is intense pressure in western society for a husband to be present at a birth. This often put a strain on the mother. Some men are just a pain in the bum and should be left in the waiting room until it is all over. My cousin had her first baby and her husband was so demanding. He had been reading modern books and said no pain killers, no this, no that, all natural then when he saw how much pain his wife was in he started demanding painkillers but by then it was too late. He was anxious and troublesome to the nurses and doctor. Then when babies head started to come out he fainted.

If you don't want to be there then wait outside. But for the real men who wish to witness the miracle of seeing their beloved baby arrive it is a wonderful thing. My husband (True Igbo man ) Stated "I don't do blood. I wont be there if or when a baby is born." Before we even married. I accepted it and over the years have seen the wisdom of his words.

In final answer.

Each couple should make their own decisions. A wife must know her husband and accept his needs too. In a delivery room a mother and sister are much more helpful anyway.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2009
Should there be a big deal to a man being present during child birth?
I think it shuold be something of joy and fun, cant wait
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2009
frecklesnz:

There is intense pressure in western society for a husband to be present at a birth.  This often put a strain on the mother.  Some men are just a pain in the bum and should be left in the waiting room until it is all over.  My cousin had her first baby and her husband was so demanding.  He had been reading modern books and said no pain killers, no this, no that, all natural then when he saw how much pain his wife was in he started demanding painkillers but by then it was too late.  He was anxious and troublesome to the nurses and doctor.  Then when babies head started to come out he fainted.

If you don't want to be there then wait outside.  But for the real men who wish to witness the miracle of seeing their beloved baby arrive it is a wonderful thing.  My husband  (True Igbo man ) Stated  "I don't do blood.  I wont be there if or when a baby is born."  Before we even married.  I accepted it and over the years have seen the wisdom of his words. 

In final answer.

Each couple should make their own decisions.  A wife must know her husband and accept his needs too.  In a delivery room a mother and sister are much more helpful anyway.
That's exactly what i'm saying, if the man wishes to be around inside the labor room, no problems, for a hemophobia like me, hell no, It's just too much to ask of me. wink
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Fhemmmy: 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2009
Igwe.:

That's exactly what i'm saying, if the man wishes to be around inside the labor room, no problems, for a hemophobia like me, hell no, It's just too much to ask of me. wink
Might help u to get rid of your phobia
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Sissy3(f): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
there's already a topic on this but anyways there so many reasons why i want him there.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

there so many reasons why i want him there.
Hit us with those reasons smiley
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Sissy3(f): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2009
Igwe.:

Hit us with those reasons smiley

1) first we both did the act together so it's time to share the joy and pain together. abi no b so?

2) i need all the supports i can get in there and at such situation and who else can offer it to me than him?

3) while this particular reason doesn't apply to me, i think being there makes him appreciates the woman more, seeing her pains (at least for the sensible ones)

4) i think it's an amazing and wonderful thing to experience birth of your child and i wouldn't want him to miss it and i want him to cut the cord

however, if for some reasons he cant be there, that will be fine by me.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
that's cool sissy, as long as you aren't gonna force him, that's okay
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Sissy3(f): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2009
Igwe.:

that's cool Sissy, as long as you aren't gonna force him, that's okay

but he better have a good reason for not being there undecided
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by No2Atheism(m): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
Akinagirl:

Yes,  I want him present to when I deliver OUR child. He helped me make it, so he can be there when I deliver it.

You are on your own, i no go attend the event if na me  grin grin grin.

At least she also enjoyed it while it was happening hence why must she suffer me like that, moreover i don't like the sight of blood  grin grin grin.

It is enough punishment to wait for the body to heal up before we  lipsrsealed again, why does she want to scar my memory like that moreover i am more comfortable not being in the presence of blood.

I fit come inside once the baby as been born , but i no go stay during the childbirth, lai lai.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2009
This topic has been trashed before on Nairaland and my answer remains the same; "Its a matter of choice". Why would I want to be there and see a doctor poking at my wifes koko??

At the same time, it would be nice to share that special moment with her, if not to support her morally as I know that the experience can be not only painful but traumatic especially were complications arise.

Women will always say they want there, not out of love, but just to traumatise their husbands. And women tend to believe that if their husbands witness the birth of their child and see the pians they go through, then they would be better appreciated. I say its rubbish!! Our gran-nanas and great grand-nanas before them didnt make their husbands witness theirs so why should the rules change now??
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Igwe9(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
@No2Atheism
help me tell them, grin
~Sissy~:

but he better have a good reason for not being there undecided
What other reason than he can't stand seeing you pass through that process, or you wanna kill somebody?
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Sissy3(f): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2009
Igwe.:

What other reason than he can't stand seeing you pass through that process, or you wanna kill somebody?[/color]

that can only make sense if has a Hemophobia from the start or maybe some unforeseen circumstances prevents him undecided
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2009
Of what use is it for your husbands to be there?? Does it make the experience less painful or what?? You ladies are just looking for a way to get back at your husbands for what I dont know.

Its not like we make you follow us to work to hustle the money.
Re: Could This Be Another Way To Seek For Family Planning? by Sissy3(f): 5:36am On Jul 08, 2009
for me, it have purpose and no it's not a way to get at your hubby or anything as such at least not for me. cant speak for others

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster / I Am Scared Of Getting Married To Him Cos Of His Profession(military) / Fathers Will Tears Familly Apart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.