Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. (40341 Views)

Asa Asika Trolls DJ Cuppy For Her "Gbagaun" Egusi Post On Twitter / Linda Ikeji's Gbagaun! Hilarious or Not? (Photo) / Lara Olubo Leaks Tonto Dikeh's Text Message To Churchill’s Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2016
OneManLegion:

Oga, "fruit" is no "grammar" o. It's a slang-word meaning "a homosexual".

It depends on how the word is used,

If I say that "boy is a fruit" then yes homosexuality, but if I say " I need a fruit" then the literal fruit,but if I say "you will receive the fruit of your labour", now that's talking about reward.

So its about to knowing how the word was used in a statement

Sometimes double entendres are deadly especially in the office, I remember I was in the canteen in the office and they were out of spoons, so I told the caterer "Madam, can I get a fork" and everybody just looked at me.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by pulsa(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2016
pcguru1:

Thanks adding you to the list. But though I was so sure that people would have been smart enough to know that "e" comes close to "r" on a qwerty keyboard thus the error,but that's no justification , correction I must make.

I was not criticising your grammatical proficiency, it is just that there is an unspoken rule in annals of written English; and it is that; "if you are going to criticise other peoples written English, see to it that yours is nothing but impeccable".
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Saladin25(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2016
erusen:
hahahaha operation correct your neighbor

Don't mind him, he started it first. Behaving as if he is Prof. Wole Soyinka or Late Prof. Achebe. Meanwhile, English is a borrowed language, many of us are just trying our best to understand it.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
pulsa:

I was not criticising your grammatical proficiency, it is just that there is an unspoken rule in annals of written English; and it is that; "if you are going to criticise other peoples written English, see to it that yours is nothing but impeccable".

Actually I didn't take it personal , I corrected it before you even posted this,because in all honestly I didn't even see it till I read it again. Check all my responses I don't take offence when am being corrected, you know why ? Better here on nairaland than me sending a mail to my boss. I guess the last part sounds like sarcasm but its not.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by NRepublic: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2016
A whole lot of sensitive biatches up in here
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 14, 2016
NRepublic:
A whole lot of sensitive biatches up in here
Don't take it too serious its all fun and games.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by NRepublic: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Good stuff. It's all one love all. Good to agree to disagree.
Glad you all keep it clean.

A healthy debate is good once in a while
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by pulsa(m): 10:34am On Feb 14, 2016
pcguru1:

Actually I didn't take it personal , I corrected it before you even posted this,because in all honestly I didn't even see it till I read it again. Check all my responses I don't take offence when am being corrected, you know why ? Better here on nairaland than me sending a mail to my boss. I guess the last part sounds like sarcasm but its not.

I get you dude, we all make mistakes, and still on that subject matter; mistakes, that is; do you know how many times I had to proof-read my comment so as not to "shoot myself in the foot"
cheers
Happy Sunday.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by kceewhyte(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2016
dayosaurus:
With all due respect alibaba was just being petty.

The higher institution one attends does not determine one's proficiency in the use of English language.

PEJ ALSO GRADUATED FROM uniport, does that mean uniport is filled with dullards?.

But the guy self fall we yabatech graduates hand ooo.
but how are u sure he is a graduate of Yabatech
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
NRepublic:

Think you should check out naijarepublic . com and start your own fresh discussions

i think you should do a debate app that's something missing in most forums just something solely on debates and you can post links to evidences and fact embedded with the site. Idea just came to my head. Because nairaland forum would easily eclipse others.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Localamos(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
Alibaba, your command of English too is woeful. Especially considering your exposure and level in society. I expected better grammar from you.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Dirkcoyt: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
redcliff:

Lmao! I would not indulge you. I gave your kinds a piece of my mind the last time.

Truth hurts
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by NRepublic: 10:39am On Feb 14, 2016
I'll forward that idea to the admins. They are always looking for suggestions.
We all love NL for what it is. Seun and Co have done a great job here.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2016
pulsa:

I get you dude, we all make mistakes, and still on that subject matter; mistakes, that is; do you know how many times I had to proof-read my comment so as not to "shoot myself in the foot"
cheers
Happy Sunday.

Lol I get same to you Bro

1 Like

Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by herald9: 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
This man always capitalize on small issues to make mountains out of molehill...

See the way he used such a long epistle to analyze a small mistake... Nawao.

But that Yabatech guy sha... Francistony's topnotch school.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by seangy4konji: 10:52am On Feb 14, 2016
How many people you don give scholarship go Cambridge or convenant uni? Person weh never chop no go get time for all that you wrote up there.
pcguru1:

Actually it's a concern the increase of anti-intellectuaism is a great one. The brain-drain is getting serious.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by hearklerb(m): 10:52am On Feb 14, 2016
#eyanmayenglish......,
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2016
seangy4konji:
How many people you don give scholarship go Cambridge or convenant uni? Person weh never chop no go get time for all that you wrote up there.
Not scholarship but I have contributed to people lives financially despite not knowing if they are lying or not, you can't give a man a fish if not he will be dependent on you for that fish. Make I no lie you, you need to communicate well if you want to gain access with certain people.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by creamylicious(f): 10:59am On Feb 14, 2016
Flashh:
I believe when that person is to voice it out, he/she won't goove like this

Some people aren't good at typing.
even you gooved instead of goofed..... Well you too are not good at typing.... You should have recorded and uploaded
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by justmenoni: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2016
As well as their and there, we and will.....the most difficult one seems to be would and will cos they're both correct but English sef to get wahala.. mk we kuku dey speak pidgin ojere...

Elparaiso:
Even the oga columnist has issues with "I'm and Am".
Let us learn how to use "your and you're" also.

If we could communicate properly, it won't be that hard for us na...

Oh Lord, may my words not be obstacles to me. IJN

1 Like

Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by girlfriendsnatc: 11:18am On Feb 14, 2016
ayobase:
Ali Baba must have been busy when a call from an unsaved number came through, and as a gentle man, he quickly left what he was doing to attend to the call, but shocked with the response he got. He decided to send a message out of anger, but the reply he got from the unsaved number, Yabatech graduate was a shocker, thus leading to ......

screenshots with comments below

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvTv_5GauB/

Alibaba should stop talking like a stup!d illiterate. So just because an unknown person sends him a poorly concocted text claiming to be a Yabatech graduate automatically means it's true that the person is? Any half-intelligent person can see the message has all the redflags of a scam. This is just another poor desperate attempt by an overrated clown hungry for public attention undecided

1 Like

Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by AreaFada2: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Saladin25:

Exactly Bro, you can't know English language like the real English men. To show that English is a crazy language which changes with time. For example, like the word "Brethren" English scholars will tell you it is an archaic English word but it is permissible in religious gathering.

The same English language that most of the words in it were borrowed from French, Greek, Latin and Arabic, now turned to one of the most used language in communication in the world.

It would be nice if all English people really knew English language as you said. I have been left scratching my head reading the gbagaun-loaded English written by some monolingual British born & bred people.

Even with my "cut & nail" English, I shudder.
One day I got an official letter from the academic office of an elite UK university. I was in shock to see that literally every line was screaming with gbagaun.

Abeg leave matter from Matthias. cheesy grin
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by seangy4konji: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2016
We all know that but how does that matter to a young guy who has not had a decent meal today?he will tell you that there will be time for communication later and you should bring food first.
pcguru1:

Not scholarship but I have contributed to people lives financially despite not knowing if they are lying or not, you can't give a man a fish if not he will be dependent on you for that fish. Make I no lie you, you need to communicate well if you want to gain access with certain people.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Saladin25(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2016
AreaFada2:

It would be nice if all English people really knew English language as you said. I have been left scratching my head reading the gbagaun-loaded English written by some monolingual British born & bred people.

Even with my "cut & nail" English, I shudder.
One day I got an official letter from the academic office of an elite UK university. I was in shock to see that literally every line was screaming with gbagaun.

Abeg leave matter from Matthias. cheesy grin

Lobatan. Finish.... We are in the era of speak English as the way you understand it. Thanks for this information.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by happydavies(f): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2016
he should go back to "mastering English"
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by AreaFada2: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2016
justmenoni:
As well as their and there, we and will.....the most difficult one seems to be would and will cos they're both correct but English sef to get wahala.. mk we kuku dey speak pidgin ojere...

That is it.

That would be something indigenous. Along side English as official language. By now, Europeans would be coming to learn pidgin in 9ja. A country of 200 million is no joke.

Even great-grand mothers in the village speak pidgin.

Many teachers struggle communicating their subject/knowledge in English, native language or pidgin would be more comfortable for them.

There is no developed or rapidly developing country in the would today that doesn't have an indigenous language as official language.
Be it Japan, Germany, UK, France, USA, China, S. Korea, Sweden, etc.
It is no coincidence. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Tomasboy(m): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2016
ayobase:
Ali Baba must have been busy when a call from an unsaved number came through, and as a gentle man, he quickly left what he was doing to attend to the call, but shocked with the response he got. He decided to send a message out of anger, but the reply he got from the unsaved number, Yabatech graduate was a shocker, thus leading to ......

screenshots with comments below

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvTv_5GauB/
End time grammar
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by ifeomaekol(f): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2016
Oh lord, teach me hw to speak english, hw to write english properly and not embrass myself someday, amen. English hard oooo, kudos to all those that speak fluetly and write excellently.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by justmenoni: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
I pray say mk our govt reason the matter oooo

quote author=AreaFada2 post=42911182]

That is it.

That would be something indigenous. Along side English as official language. By now, Europeans would be coming to learn pidgin in 9ja. A country of 200 million is no joke.

Even great-grand mothers in the village speak pidgin.

Many teachers struggle communicating their subject/knowledge in English, native language or pidgin would be more comfortable for them.

There is no developed or rapidly developing country in the would today that doesn't have an indigenous language as official language.
Be it Japan, Germany, UK, France, USA, China, S. Korea, Sweden, etc.
It is no coincidence. grin cheesy

[/quote]
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by Softing(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
May be he was filled with suspense, due to the response he got from alibaba.. Always be focus when interacting with an artist. The moment you flop, you are useless to him/she. Try again nigga u can do it.
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
how sure are u he attended yaba tech as claim?
Re: A Yabatech Graduate "Gbagaun" Reply To Alibaba Text Message. by akike: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
Saladin25:

Exactly Bro, you can't know English language like the real English men. To show that English is a crazy language which changes with time. For example, like the word "Brethren" English scholars will tell you it is an archaic English word but it is permissible in religious gathering.

The same English language that most of the words in it were borrowed from French, Greek, Latin and Arabic, now turned to one of the most used language in communication in the world.

That is a very big liesmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Celebrates 38th Birthday Today / Mr. Eazi And His Girlfriend, Temi Otedola Step Out For A Date In Mikonos / Wizkid Delves Into Business! Starts Manufacturing Of Snapbacks(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.