Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Talk To The Moderator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Talk To The Moderator (1727 Views)

Exclusive Chat With The Moderator / From The Moderator / A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk To The Moderator by RichyBlacK(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
This thread is for complaints about specific issues bothering any poster.

Thanks.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ikeyman00(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
what are u doin in somalai

are u a ship jacker?
Re: Talk To The Moderator by RichyBlacK(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
ikeyman00:

what are u doin in somalai

are u a ship jacker?

Just a place.

Do you have any complaints to make? Thanks.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by deor03(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2009
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ikeyman00(m): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
well not yet!!

timin tactical; cool
Re: Talk To The Moderator by OYBMEND: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
those who need this thread most can't post on it

I mean if u are suspended can u post on this thread to complain to the moderator?
Re: Talk To The Moderator by kosovo(m): 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2009
modified
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ono(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
OYB_MEND:

those who need this thread most can't post on it

I mean if u are suspended can u post on this thread to complain to the moderator?

LOL
Re: Talk To The Moderator by Beaf: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
Why are people allowed to run amock spreading hatred and racism?
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ikeyman00(m): 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
ask the oduduwas
Re: Talk To The Moderator by RichyBlacK(m): 12:08am On Jul 07, 2009
Beaf:

Why are people allowed to run amock spreading hatred and racism?

Please point me to one of such posts that offended you. Thanks.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by RichyBlacK(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2009
deor03:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292745.0.html

have a good evening reading thru

Thanks. Got some ideas from there.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by Beaf: 12:33am On Jul 07, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Please point me to one of such posts that offended you. Thanks.

Take a look at MandingoII's profile, look through his posts.
That is a guy that's allowed to single handedly pull this site through mud.
Because nothing is done about such obnoxious and offensive types, we are forced to take "counter-action" and then everything sinks to a new low.

I really think we need to raise standards. I'd rather have something done than have to take "counter-action".

Take a look at this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288174.0.html#msg4094682 . If this sort of thing isn't spreading hatred and racism, I'll drop my case.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by Beaf: 12:47am On Jul 07, 2009
This is also from MandingoII (quoting from a website that claim to revise history, is racist and denies the holocaust);
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292305.0.html#msg4139988
Re: Talk To The Moderator by naijaking1: 3:39am On Jul 07, 2009
This is not called politics for nothing. Unlike auto, health, or even job threads, this is the only thread where facts/fiction/reasons/opinions/biases/economy/finance/ethnicity/jobs/etc get mixed up, blended if you will, and served up hot --delicious for some, stinking for others, but in reality it's politics.

While I don't subscribe to personal insults and innuendos, there is no way to practice or participate in this political thread without some form of lively and heated debate. Sometimes, one may not always be on the winning or even reasonable side, but that politics. Censorship will not help.

With over 3.5 million members, N/L is not doing badly. Personally, I think that Igbo related issues get lots of traffic because Igbos make up the most number in Nigeria and on this Nairaland---- Seun probably knows it too.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by RichyBlacK(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2009
@Beaf,

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do about it.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by kosovo(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2009
m i missing sumthin/?
Re: Talk To The Moderator by Beaf: 6:41am On Jul 07, 2009
naijaking1:

This is not called politics for nothing. Unlike auto, health, or even job threads, this is the only thread where facts/fiction/reasons/opinions/biases/economy/finance/ethnicity/jobs/etc get mixed up, blended if you will, and served up hot --delicious for some, stinking for others, but in reality it's politics.

While I don't subscribe to personal insults and innuendos, there is no way to practice or participate in this political thread without some form of lively and heated debate. Sometimes, one may not always be on the winning or even reasonable side, but that politics. Censorship will not help.

With over 3.5 million members, N/L is not doing badly. Personally, I think that Igbo related issues get lots of traffic because Igbos make up the most number in Nigeria and on this Nairaland---- Seun probably knows it too.

Politics might be dirty but the forum shouldn't be. Forum rules are here, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Talk To The Moderator by naijaking1: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2009
Beaf:

Politics might be dirty but the forum shouldn't be. Forum rules are here, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

I don't see in the link where it says 'there should be no heated or lively debate'

Politics is not dirty, it's the way it is played that is dirty.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2009
Talk to the moderator? Interesting. . . Let the talking begin.

RichyBlack, you are part of the problem and in some case. . . The problem. You are biased, inactive and allow junks to flourish around here.

You biased and unfairness is seen this thread here [see below] and I quite rightly challenged you over it.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290665.0.html

In the past couple of days, I have had a few debate with one of the new moderators in this section and I have asked her to draw your attention to the thread in question - whether she did or not I do not know.

Like I have said before and am saying it again, you can have whatever view you want, how ever you cannot use your stance as a moderator to effect any of those views - especially politically sensitive issues. As a moderator, you are supposed to be fair, unbiased and active which you ain't.

You inactivity here have allowed spam post, junk thread, irrelevant items and bickering to flourish around here. Yes we all have jobs to do in real life, however you are supposed to be making a commitment here by accepting a moderator position. So far, the commitment is lacking. Surely, how hard is it to keep tabs on activity going on around here? How hard is it to have a zero tolerance towards people who post irrelevant stuff, or off topic thread?

Things I would like to see dealt with here are as follows:
People posting just thread with news link only should be locked. . . . People should at least learn to give an opinion or two on what they are posting. It drags down the quality of debate around here.

Irrelevant topic should be swiftly removed without further warnings.

It is time we enforce the art of debating here. No insult, etc. [Afam and co should take note] Here is a good example of how not to debate:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-289743.0.html

The issue of Igbo/tribalism/Biafra are sensitive issues, while I believe they are allowed to air their views, however such topic should be curtailed once it is bordering the line of pure hatred/insult. This is politics and not tribalism.

Those with known duplicated accounts should be banned period. People are using their duplicates account to cause havoc here and downgrade the quality of debate around here. It is widely reported and believed that "Ajaraemuro" "Ajanlekoko" etc are all but one person. It is easy to see as every time the personality leaks into each created account. Any suspecting account or user should be removed.

Still on the art of debating etc, it appears a few people do not even know what this is about. Maybe it is time to draw a simple guideline for politics section only and make it as a sticky - I can help with that - any body going off topic or not sticking to these guidelines should be directed to the sticky and if they continue to offend should be suspended. Period.

There have been suggesting of vetting thread [by Mr Crackles] I agree with this, perhaps we can implement this for the politics section only. But then, it would require to have a mod who is online most of the time.

There are a few more to come. Let me see how richyblack react to this first. smiley
Re: Talk To The Moderator by MrCrackles(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2009
ElRazur:

Those with known duplicated accounts should be banned period. People are using their duplicates account to cause havoc here and downgrade the quality of debate around here. It is widely reported and believed that "Ajaraemuro" "Ajanlekoko" etc are all but one person. It is easy to see as every time the personality leaks into each created account. Any suspecting account or user should be removed.

Ajanlekoko is a different person. . . .
AjaraEwuro is Tumfulu AKA 2Legit2Qui. . . . . . .
Re: Talk To The Moderator by naijaking1: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
ElRazur:

Talk to the moderator? Interesting. . . Let the talking begin.

RichyBlack, you are part of the problem and in some case. . . The problem. You are biased, inactive and allow junks to flourish around here.

You biased and unfairness is seen this thread here [see below] and I quite rightly challenged you over it.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290665.0.html

In the past couple of days, I have had a few debate with one of the new moderators in this section and I have asked her to draw your attention to the thread in question - whether she did or not I do not know.

Like I have said before and am saying it again, you can have whatever view you want, how ever you cannot use your stance as a moderator to effect any of those views - especially politically sensitive issues. As a moderator, you are supposed to be fair, unbiased and active which you ain't.

You inactivity here have allowed spam post, junk thread, irrelevant items and bickering to flourish around here. Yes we all have jobs to do in real life, however you are supposed to be making a commitment here by accepting a moderator position. So far, the commitment is lacking. Surely, how hard is it to keep tabs on activity going on around here? How hard is it to have a zero tolerance towards people who post irrelevant stuff, or off topic thread?

Things I would like to see dealt with here are as follows:
People posting just thread with news link only should be locked. . . . People should at least learn to give an opinion or two on what they are posting. It drags down the quality of debate around here.

Irrelevant topic should be swiftly removed without further warnings.

It is time we enforce the art of debating here. No insult, etc. [Afam and co should take note] Here is a good example of how not to debate:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-289743.0.html

The issue of Igbo/tribalism/Biafra are sensitive issues, while I believe they are allowed to air their views, however such topic should be curtailed once it is bordering the line of pure hatred/insult. This is politics and not tribalism.

Still on the art of debating etc, it appears a few people do not even know what this is about. Maybe it is time to draw a simple guideline for politics section only and make it as a sticky - I can help with that - any body going off topic or not sticking to these guidelines should be directed to the sticky and if they continue to offend should be suspended. Period.

There have been suggesting of vetting thread [by Mr Crackles] I agree with this, perhaps we can implement this for the politics section only. But then, it would require to have a mod who is online most of the time.

There are a few more to come. Let me see how richyblack react to this first. smiley

Many people will definitely disagree with you that he is part of the problem. Rickyblack is a human with an opinion, and also the moderator.
On yourside, you have a strong religious and ethnic streak on your posts, nobody has blamed you for the misfortunes of this site. Many of the things you blame Rickblack for are not even his fault, just go through your list. He has to be on duty 24-7 to stop people like *jonas from posting articles saying nasty things about Igbos. You blame him for people using more than one ID Please.

His honest request for suggestions on how to improve the thread should not be cheaply turned it into a personal attack on his person. You really should be ashamed.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2009
It may be worth fixing the cheap antispam bot plug-in program in use here. It is not in anyway effective. Here are a few things I have noticed.

1. Posts are not showing.

2.Making that same post would result to potential account suspension.

3. Anyone who quotes a post not showing in a thread, but visible in the quoting/reply section would have their account suspended too.

All of these I have experienced.

In my opinion the spam bot is rubbish and very indiscriminate. It is really worth Seun to consider employing more human as a mod to do the work, than reply on an ineffective and indiscriminate anti-spam bot.

PS
NaijaKing1. I noticed your post aint showing hence why I posted this.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by blacksta(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
ElRazur:

It may be worth fixing the cheap antispam bot plug-in program in use here. It is not in anyway effective. Here are a few things I have noticed.

1. Posts are not showing.

2[b].Making that same post would result to potential account suspension.[/b]

3. Anyone who quotes a post not showing in a thread, but visible in the quoting/reply section would have their account suspended too.

All of these I have experienced.

In my opinion the spam bot is rubbish and very indiscriminate. It is really worth Seun to consider employing more human as a mod to do the work, than reply on an ineffective and indiscriminate anti-spam bot.

PS

Bros Easy now

post showing twice, most time is generallly an internet timing out issue but for the unsuspecting user who might not know this decides to repost
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2009
blacksta:

Bros Easy now

post showing twice, most time is generallly an internet timing out issue but for the unsuspecting user who might not know this decides to repost

May be I am not making myself clear. If you make a post and it refuses to show up on the forum. The anti-spam bot appears to mark that post. If you then post the same post again - in my own case I copied a news content to post after it didnt show - it would effectively suspend your account. That is my experience.

My account have been suspended for doing those three things. It is my experience, Mukina2 is aware of it and am sticking to it. smiley
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
In fact, here is a quote from Mukina2 to support my statement.

(No subject)
« Sent to: ElRazur on: Today at 12:24:09 AM »

Hi,

Your post(s) were marked as spam and are not visible to you, next time when that happens do not try making the same post again, as the bot may read it to mean a spammer trying to bypass it, and you may automatically be banned, If that happens next time please notify a mod.
We are very Sorry for the inconvience , You have been unbanned.

Regards
Mukina

I rest my case.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by naijaking1: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
ElRazur:

PS

I'm surprised my post criticizing your take on RickBlack is not here. Did you delete it
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2009
naijaking1:

I'm surprised my post criticizing your take on RickBlack is not here. Did you delete it

I am not a mod. Besides, I do not play like that.  smiley

Anyway, read what I posted. The anti-spam plug-in shows again in my opinion, why it is rubbish and indiscriminate.

PS
Before we get off to a bad start, my post was highlighting the flaws I see with how richyblack moderate around here. To say those points are not valid, are just not true. For the record, I am highlighting these things based on Richy's conduct around here, and not as a person like your post [the one I quoted] is suggesting.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by bilymuse: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
Most criticism against RichyBlack is bias and unfair. the guy is doing a good job and should be applauded.

For God sake its a public forum and people should be allowed within reasonable limit to express their openion. Posting should only be removed if contributors shows extreme tribalism or advocate violence. We must go by the rule of free speech:

[size=13pt]"I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltair (1694-1778)
[/size]
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2009
bilymuse:

Most criticism against RichyBlack is bias and unfair. the guy is doing a good job and should be applauded.

For God sake its a public forum and people should be allowed within reasonable limit to express their openion. Posting should only be removed if contributors shows extreme tribalism or advocate violence. We must go by the rule of free speech:

[size=13pt]"I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltair (1694-1778)
[/size]

Please point at what is biased against him and show what is unfair.

I have said this before and am saying it again. All I have said is based on what I observed, and I have provided links to support my stance.

He's allowed his political stance to cloud his judgement and thus allow what is seen as unfair moderation.

He's not-active around here and hence irrelevant post and thread just tend to stay.

How are these unfair or biased

I think a few people may be missing the fact that some of us want a quality politics section free from biased moderation and inactivity by those who are suppose to moderate. Let's not lose that in the midst of emotions. . . Okay? smiley

Again for the "god knows how many times" he is allowed to air what ever view he wants, however his views and moderation approach should be separate. Again, this is not the case.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by TippyTop(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ElRazur
Am not Richy's biggest fan but I strongly believe he's fair. Moderating a site as huge and with as much divergent opinions as Nairaland is a onerous task. The link you provided led one to believe you wanted a moderator who share warped views of your realpolitik.
I remember you saying somewhere that you wanted to set up an Internet site but views like yours made your site die even before take-off. Am afraid Richy is here to stay, your disagreement with him does not hold much to scrutiny (too banal).

Your argument that Richy is not active around here is ludicrous to say the least.
Did it occur to you that he might have a job? Try leaving the welfare scene for a change then you'd appreciate the effort people make to put food on table.
Only Seun can stay on Nairaland as much as you and Kobo.
See you later.
Re: Talk To The Moderator by ElRazur: 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
Tippy Top:

@ElRazur
Am not Richy's biggest fan but I strongly believe he's fair. Moderating a site as huge and with as much divergent opinions as Nairaland is a onerous task. The link you provided led one to believe you wanted a moderator who share warped views of your realpolitik.
I remember you saying somewhere that you wanted to set up an Internet site but views like yours made your site die even before take-off. Am afraid Richy is here to stay, your  disagreement with him does not hold much to scrutiny (too banal).

Your argument that Richy is not active around here is ludicrous to say the least.
Did it occur to you that he might have a job? Try leaving the welfare scene for a change then you'd appreciate the effort people make to put food on table.
Only Seun can stay on Nairaland as much as you and Kobo.
See you later.

You know this is about talking to the moderator. So far, you haven't done that.

Yeah richy is active yet junk thread and irrelevant thread flourish right? Nice.

Yeah he is not biased, but he actively changes a thread to support his political stance and refuse to give a proper reason when questioned. How very logical of you.

I have a job. But unlike you, I have internet 24/7. It is called technology.  smiley

It is ironic you claim he is active, but in the same breathe claims "he got a job" blah blah blah. Just listen to yourself. Don't worry, soon he [richyblack] would come and sign an autograph on your forehead.

I do not have a site up and running. It is in the pipe works. You see, we [me and my partners] aint the type to rush out with shi.t. We watch, we plan, we learn, we plan, we take action.  smiley Remember that.

Finally, you may not be his "biggest fan" [which indicates you are a fan], but at least you and him appear to have no issues with religion that encourages sleeping with minors isnt?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Jailed Over Uk Sham Marriages / Usa And Canada Sendng Troops To Haiti. US:10,000 Troops seriously? / edit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.