Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin (852 Views)

Broke Lady Gets N2m From A Stranger To Celebrate Her Daughter's Birthday (Photos / "A Woman On Lowcut?" Victor Poko Johnson's Nude Loved Up Photo Sparks Debate / Marriage Between Nigerian Man And Ghanaian Bride Sparks Up Jollof Rice Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 5:41am On Feb 14, 2016
I was suprise when i saw a church marking valentin even though some churces dont mark christmas talkless of valentine..is it right for church to celebrate valentine tell us yur opinion if you support or you are against
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Bacteriocin(m): 5:45am On Feb 14, 2016
I feel they do so in order to prevent the misguided youths from "irikunrin" by getting them occupied with the church activities. But that one will still not stop those "aja to ma sonu" from hearing the "fere olode".

1 Like

Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Medunah: 5:48am On Feb 14, 2016
Nothing wrong with it, my former church zone used to do it for teenagers and youth.
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Tommfrench(m): 6:06am On Feb 14, 2016
You get sinners with what they enjoy,

so Hell yea!
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Pheals(f): 6:34am On Feb 14, 2016
The pope declared today just to remember valentine . actually it was among christian. Now infidels celebrate it without. No the reasons for the celebration "it's not for lust it's for love" grin

1 Like

Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by hezy4real01(m): 6:38am On Feb 14, 2016
It's nice to celebrate it in the church in as much it done in a Godly way.... As a matter of fact we are meant to use this Avenue to preach the Love of Christ to ALL
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2016
Church is nt the place to celebrate human because even the apostle are nt celebrated and it also encourages youth to indulge in some illicit act which may cause death,unwanted pregnancy,failure,hatred etc
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 7:05am On Feb 14, 2016
Bacteriocin:
I feel they do so in order to prevent the misguided youths from "irikunrin" by getting them occupied with the church activities. But that one will still not stop those "aja to ma sonu" from hearing the "fere olode".
But does dat stop the youth from indulging in it becos when youth have a strong desire they will surely find a way of doing it
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 7:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Medunah:
Nothing wrong with it, my former church zone used to do it for teenagers and youth.
It means yur church doesnt follow the scripture
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 7:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Pheals:
The pope declared today just to remember valentine . actually it was among christian. Now infidels celebrate it without. No the reasons for the celebration "it's not for lust it's for love" grin
His the pope the owner of church or the worshiper because he doesnt have the effontry to control the church except catholic
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Medunah: 7:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Oladimejy:
It means yur church doesnt follow the scripture
What are u even saying?? Valentine day is a day to show love nd not just love btw lovers, I think u av a misconception about Val. The church organizes this Val program for teens nd youth to tell dem bout d dangers of premarital sex, nd to let dem know Val is not about sex alone and den dere z drama, Bible recitations, music, dance nd everyone is happy. Is it not better for the teens nd youths to celebrate Val in d church than some other unholy place?? And Oga, what does the scripture say??
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Oladimejy(m): 7:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Medunah:

What are u even saying?? Valentine day is a day to show love nd not just love btw lovers, I think u av a misconception about Val. The church organizes this Val program for teens nd youth to tell dem bout d dangers of premarital sex, nd to let dem know Val is not about sex alone and den dere z drama, Bible recitations, music, dance nd everyone is happy. Is it not better for the teens nd youths to celebrate Val in d church than some other unholy place?? And Oga, what does the scripture say??

Well..i concur wit u but fews churches does dat because even the leaders of some churcher are planning evil that day
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by reallest(f): 8:20am On Feb 14, 2016
Over to u Christian brethren
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Bacteriocin(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Oladimejy:
But does dat stop the youth from indulging in it becos when youth have a strong desire they will surely find a way of doing it
my last two lines answered your statement
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Dericman(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2016
Oladimejy:
His the pope the owner of church or the worshiper because he doesnt have the effontry to control the church except catholic
yes he does. Catholic church was the first in d world and st valentine's day has been celebrated even bfore oda church were found. We catholic remember/celebrate every saint and that is y we also celebrate the feast of st valentine because He was a catholic priest who was later made saint after he died... Ask google abt st valentine and see the result it will give u...
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by driy65(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2016
Dericman:
yes he does. Catholic church was the first in d world and st valentine's day has been celebrated even bfore oda church were found. We catholic remember/celebrate every saint and that is y we also celebrate the feast of st valentine because He was a catholic priest who was later made saint after he died... Ask google abt st valentine and see the result it will give u...
gbam....abeg enlighten all dis catholic haters abeg
Re: Debate:is It Right For Church To Celebrate Valentin by Pheals(f): 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oladimejy:
my brother most of Christian celebrations date are fixed by the pope doing the dark age when Christian rule the world .... To know more Valentine himself is a catholic .... To no more catholic covert most and the pope was the highest rank in christiandom ... To no know more when ever u here "the church " in the olden days they are not referin to this earlier church but the catholics ....to no more u can make your reserch on this .... To no more quote me again .. . to no more i am not a catholic

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Love Avoiding S*x?? / 8 Qualities In A Woman That A Man Can't Turn Away From / Toyin Aimakhu Disassociates self From New Boo, Seun Egbegbe (See Disclaimer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.