Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) (37751 Views)

Angry Lagosians Tie 'juju' In Transformer, Dares NEPA To Cut It (photos / Man Who Vandalized A Transformer In Ebonyi Caught (Photos) / UNILAG Student Declared Missing After A Party With A Man Found Dead (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by bytemeister(m): 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sappyman:
Thank God. He just wasted his life. These are those causing real problems of no light in Nigeria.

Thank God? for real? cause he tried "causing a problem of no light in Nigeria" is enough reason to thank god he's dead?....smh

1 Like

Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Freksy(m): 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
LoremIpsum:
With that hacksaw in his hand, he apparently went to vandalize or steal and nemesis caught up with him.
RIP bro.

You may be wrong!

What if he was murdered and set up that way to deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by HaneefahRN(f): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
He probably went to steal somethn, God knws sha.

One of my family friends had a part of their community's transformer stolen, can't remember d name bt the thing was worth abt 500k and they had to contribute and many cases like tht
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
adren:
how can you use that kinda glove to protect yourself against a 330Mw electric current??

that is suicide already..

it can be compared to using ice cream nylon instead of a condom..

what will be will be..

i admire his guts though...

na boolari cause all this pooo

Your ignorance is even funny.

Its 33kV!!
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by wallex1983(m): 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Be like say the guy wan go fuse him street light..anyway may his soul rest in peace..

You forgot to say 'gentle' before soul. I'm sure he was a very gentle guy
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by mekd: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
I actually think he went there to steal ammored cable....lucky for him though
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by mbjsuki(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Instant judgement. Serves him right if he is there to steal cable.
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
driy65:
guy dat transformer cant take a load of 300MW....maybe u talkin abt KV wich i diubt...dis are distribution transformers with 11kv coming in and output of 415/220V

Electrical is not just a course where you can allocate random figures when talking about voltage current or power . you will end up looking stupid .

I will see it as a hasty mistake from him, he probably meant 300kva transformer .
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by systemz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
So the transformer was cut open for him to enter inside?
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
og2711:

Your ignorance is even funny.

Its 33kV!!

You are both ignorant , how could you tell us a 33kv line go in to a residential sub-station (transformer). Electrical is beyond the live and neutral you have in your home . what happens to reading comment . undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
HaneefahRN:
He probably went to steal somethn, God knws sha.

One of my family friends had a part of their community's transformer stolen, can't remember d name bt the thing was worth abt 500k and they had to contribute and many cases like tht

XLPE(cross-link polyethene ) cable is the name , quite expensive .
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
onatisi:

This is the problem with Nigeria and that is why there is a high rate of murders that go uninvestigated. The mere fact that he was caught there doesn't mean he is a thief. The first thing will be for an autopsy to be carried out him.before we now accept that he is a thief,don't be surprised that he may have been killed by some ppl who later threw him there to make it look as if he is a thief

Oh please , save us some of your preaches ? Like seriously he was killed and threw inside . really?.

Yes , you are correct we can not label him a thief yet untill further forensic findings are done to exact why he was lying dead with an hack saw. For electrical sake , that burnt is an electrical burnt , have you seen an electrical burnt before ?.
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Spain007(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
cable
Dudeweedlmao:
He tried to steal the transformer and they brought light.
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by driy65(m): 12:05am On Feb 15, 2016
Electronzeez:

Electrical is not just a course where you can allocate random figures when talking about voltage current or power . you will end up looking stupid .

I will see it as a hasty mistake from him, he probably meant 300kva transformer .
tnx bros....yea he was actually talkin abt d power rating...correction noted
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by driy65(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2016
Electronzeez:

You are both ignorant , how could you tell us a 33kv line go in to a residential sub-station (transformer). Electrical is beyond the live and neutral you have in your home . what happens to reading comment . undecided
bros he's corect....dere are 33kv and 11kv transformers depending on d transmission...cox d one being used in ma estate is a 11kv, 500kva transformer
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 6:58am On Feb 15, 2016
driy65:
bros he's corect....dere are 33kv and 11kv transformers depending on d transmission...cox d one being used in ma estate is a 11kv, 500kva transformer

Show me a street in Nigeria that has a transformer capable of converting 33kv to 415v. The only place where you can find that kind of transformer is in the industries and the power capacity of such transformer is normally rated at 415mva not kva ,please take note of this .these industries uses 33kv because their machines run on three phase .
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by stonecoldcafe: 7:20am On Feb 15, 2016
Oyiboman69:
this is what will surely happen cos Nigeria has failed us,I think he is trying to switch the face to the one wit light. rest in peace bro

Did he need a saw to switch on anything? Dude was trying to hack on something and got fried/toasted in the process. RIP to him though.

PS: crime does not pay
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by driy65(m): 7:33am On Feb 15, 2016
Electronzeez:

Show me a street in Nigeria that has a transformer capable of converting 33kv to 415v. The only place where you can find that kind of transformer is in the industries and the power capacity of such transformer is normally rated at 415mva not kva ,please take note of this .these industries uses 33kv because their machines run on three phase .
m.nt an electrical guy shall...i read civil...buh my lil knowledge and a lecturer den showed us some transformers with a 33/0.415, 300KVA rating. are u sayin does transformers with dis rating aint obtainable??
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 15, 2016
Electronzeez:

Only me cannot be 'both'. I see English is also a challenge.

There is no such thing as a 'residential' substation. There are just substations. Nepa only transmits at two voltages : 33kv and 11kv. All transformers in Nigeria are rated to either of those 2 voltages.

Im actually not ignorant. This is my field.
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:05am On Feb 15, 2016
driy65:
m.nt an electrical guy shall...i read civil...buh my lil knowledge and a lecturer den showed us some transformers with a 33/0.415, 300KVA rating. are u sayin does transformers with dis rating aint obtainable??

What I am saying is that , there is no resident in Nigeria that has a transformer that can step down 33kilovolt to 415v, you can mostly see that type of transformer in factories or industries . some factories takes in 11kv directly or 33kv to be converted to 11kv with a stepdoen transformer .
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by driy65(m): 8:12am On Feb 15, 2016
Electronzeez:

What I am saying is that , there is no resident in Nigeria that has a transformer that can step down 33kilovolt to 415v, you can mostly see that type of transformer in factories or industries . some factories takes in 11kv directly or 33kv to be converted to 11kv with a stepdoen transformer .
owk...i get u nw....tnx

1 Like

Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 8:16am On Feb 15, 2016
og2711:

Only me cannot be 'both'. I see English is also a challenge.

There is no such thing as a 'residential' substation. There are just substations. Nepa only transmits at two voltages : 33kv and 11kv. All transformers in Nigeria are rated to either of those 2 voltages.

Im actually not ignorant. This is my field.

Stop making it obvious , you are trying to correct someone with a wrong theory . show me that Nigeria street that recieve 33kv in to her transformer .

And you are even wrong to use the term transmission when talking about 33kv and 11kv , the right word is distribute . stop telling me what you read on paper .

Modified *I can also sense you have a problem with contextual meaning of a term ...if you understand the term substation you won't query its usage in my line .
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Oyiboman69:
this is what will surely happen cos Nigeria has failed us,I think he is trying to switch the face to the one wit light. rest in peace bro

So in your area you change line in the transformer, abi?
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by Nnenna18(f): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2016
RIP
Re: Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) by BigMan4Life: 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
Any person who wish to steal copper wire shld test like battery, touch terminal with tongue to see if e be live or no cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Rapes Daughter Of DESOPADEC Chairman In Delta, Gets Her Pregnant / Ogun Police Bust Ritualist Den , Find Remains Of 20 - Year Old Girl / Man Cuts Off 6-Year-Old Girl's Private Part For Ritual In Bauchi, Arrested (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.