Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati (627 Views)

I Want To Go To London… To See Buhari — Reuben Abati / Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina / Why Are South-East Governors Afraid To Criticize Buhari?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by stanleychimezie(f): 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dr. Reuben Abati, ex-Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan has said he will not criticize the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration because he vowed to defend the Presidency.

The Former Presidential aide reportedly disclosed this when asked to comment on the controversies trailing the 2016 Budget, insisting that he took an oath of office to protect the President of Nigeria.

“If you have been following my writings, you will notice that I haven’t been commenting directly on government issues, I’m not going to say anything,” Abati told thebrief.

Suggesting that he has returned successfully to life after office, Abati said: “I’ve returned to my work as an intellectual, doing my own writings and reflections on society”.

He however, admitted that the issue was quite inviting but still managed to suppress the urge to comment.

In his words: “No matter how inviting the subject is…I’m not going to comment on Government. You see, the kind of job that I did, I took an oath of office to defend the President and the government of Nigeria.

“I would not have defended one government and then I will start talking bad about another President, I cannot do that”

“I’m no longer SA Media, but when you take an oath, its binding and my own understanding as they do it in America is that, that oath does not end, it does not expire”

“In the oath, they wont put the name of the President, you are swearing to defend the office of the President of Nigeria.”

Source: http://.com
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by danemenike: 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
Wise man
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by illmatic101(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
We can't all be Zombies grin
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by pdppower: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's either because of your 'oath' or the fear of EFCC
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by kodded(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2016

undecided undecided

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by bisten14: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
If I hear!
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by johnmartus(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
I hope you dont have skeleton in your cupboard?cheesy
Re: Why I Won’t Criticize Buhari - Reuben Abati by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oga Rubenhio is a sharp badt guy.

(1) (Reply)

APC Candidate Wants To Kill Me, Mark Cries Out To IGP / How Not To Defend The President / 16 + 6= 24 ? Watch Nigeria's Finance Minister Fail Basic Arithmetic (very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.