Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,584 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Valentine With The Poor! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Valentine With The Poor! (21821 Views)

Truck Kills 2 Persons Celebrating Valentine In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos / Mtn... Stop Stealing From The Poor! / Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
#Valentine

Babe, Bukky is going to Makoko for Valentine, will you like to follow her?, my wife queried as she approached my lazy self on the bed. The time was 9.00am. Praise and worship had started at the adjoining Church.

Sunday mornings are my lazy mornings to spread, snooze and roll all over (prefer to attend the 3rd Service). As soon as I got the message, I sauntered out of my semi-slumber.

Bukky is our neighbor who engages in humanitarian activities regularly.

In a jiffy, I was done and ready to join the waiting crew of Madam Bukky, her brother, sister and Mr Yinka, the hired driver. I crashbombed their planned humanitarian visit. Lolol.

Bukky and her siblings had gone to the market the day before and bought gifts for the less privileged. Instead of her regular Makoko, her destination this time was "Destitute's Village", Okobaba.

With Mr Yinka behind the wheels and a bit of direction from locals at Ebutte Meta, we arrived the Village at 10.30am.

It was a sight to behold. There were over 500 persons in the very clustered Square. The residents were aptly arranged according to demography - Elders, Men, Women, Children and Toddlers with their mums. I was wowed.

From the size of the car we brought, they deciphered we were there for the kids. The jostle, the rush, the chase for a vantage position on the queue by kids between 3 and 6 years were very touching. Those who couldn't walk, crawled. Mothers pushed their toddlers forward. Hmmmmm.

I had a flash back to last night when at a waterside joint in Ikoyi last night, a fully lit cruise yacht was in the Valentine frenzy fully packed with extremely wealthy people. Here are these ones less than 20km away living in extreme poor conditions.

I'm inspired to visit these people living under God's purview more. Met a foreign National who said he arrived early to arrange the residents, and was awaiting his friends and a trailer load of gifts for these underprivileged people and I asked where our own people were.

Enjoy the pictures. Happy Valentine!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
More...

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Khd95(m): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
God bless ur kind gesture,nd replenish miss bukky's wallet in 1001 foldsgrin cool
for those shameless girls waiting for candies,chocolate,expensive outing,expensive gifts et al,na thunder wey no get mama nd papa qo choke ur silly pathetic lives.

But op come fresh like carrotgrin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Awww, @OP. So nice of you.
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
kilode100:
What are supposed to learn from this ? Abeg, don't post more pix.

Viewers discretion next time pls

Naaaaa. Nothing too discreet in these pics. The residents so neat, clean, well dressed and behaved.

I learnt the art of extreme love from the gesture of a neighbor who could have chosen to be in Paris today but chose to show love to the poor. I was also thrilled at the number of people who go out of their way to cater for these people under God's purview.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
God bless ur kind gesture,nd replenish miss bukky's wallet in 1001 foldsgrin cool
for those shameless girls waiting for candies,chocolate,expensive outing,expensive gifts et al,na thunder wey no get mama nd papa qo choke ur silly pathetic lives.

But op come fresh like carrotgrin

Amen. Lol@fresh like carrot. Tnx man!
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Awww, @OP. So nice of you.

Tnx ma'am
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by fulfillbill(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
I was not only touched, i was moved to post this.

Keep it up..this is Love!
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
Aww God bless u abundantly op, this is what val is about, showing love. Such a nice way to spend your val
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
kilode100:

Siddon there dey yarn okpata. Those wretched beggars dey rapé women for night o..

I dey suspect that your neighbour too sef but make I maintain small

Na real, ki lo de? No comments!
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
fulfillbill:
I was not only touched, i was moved to post this.

Keep it up..this is Love!

Tnx bruv
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
mhiz:
Aww God bless u abundantly op, this is what val is about, showing love. Such a nice way to spend your val

U too ma'am...
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lalasticlala Rocktation Farano.... Fya
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Mannylex(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Am touched, this has melted my heart... When my girlfriend, a staunch legionary told me she would spend today doing something like this, I was Mad, cause I had today planned out for us. But that anger had died down now. This are indeed the people that need the love... They are far from love, far from hope, far from joy. If one day can be spent making them happy, it's worth it, it's divine..

Cheers OP. God bless you.

Lalasticlala show the world the true meaning of valentine.

1 Like

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by LieDetector(m): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
That's nice of you Mr Realborn.... God bless you in this season of love...

Lalasticlala ooooo

I think this is front page worthy
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mannylex:
Am touched, this has melted my heart... When my girlfriend, a staunch legionary told me she would spend today doing something like this, I was Mad, cause I had today planned out for us. But that anger had died down now. This are indeed the people that need the love... They are far from love, far from hope, far from joy. If one day can be spent making them happy, it's worth it, it's divine..

Cheers OP. God bless you.

Lalasticlala show the world the true meaning of valentine.

God bless you too and Madam Bukky who had the initiative to put this together. May your Lady be blessed too for the thoughts. Cheers
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by realborn(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
LieDetector:
That's nice of you Mr Realborn.... God bless you in this season of love...

Lalasticlala ooooo

I think this is front page worthy

Bless you too broda...
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by ORACLE1975(m): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
K
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by kennyman2000(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nice one bro. Bless you!
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by 4hys: 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
j
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
Cool
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by aganyi1: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
THis indeed is the perfect definition of Love
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by sukkot: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
my mans shoes though. the shoes crying in agony ( man in pink top )
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3401460_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by tintingz(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Sholah96(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Make sense!
In 9ice's voice, 'show some love...'

Hapi val!
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by aganyi1: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
kilode100:
What are supposed to learn from this ? Abeg, don't post more pix.

Viewers discretion next time pls

U are jus so attached to yourself...
U jus showed it
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by Eyor1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
C ax dat pikin hair turn rat colour... God pleaxe blow poverty away 4rm me Northwardx.
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by IYANGBALI: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
pls be informed that, that little girl standing alone in that photograph is vickyrotex's daughter
Re: Valentine With The Poor! by VickyRotex(f): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
IYANGBALI:
pls be informed that, that little girl standing alone in that photograph is vickyrotex's daughter

Yea, I'm proud she is. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waziri Umaru Polytechnic Student Dies In Motor Accident In Kebbi State (Graphic) / Please Do Accept My Letter Of Apology / You Better Prepare — This Is What Is About to Happen Soon... [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.