Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) (32467 Views)

How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) / Corpse Of Female CRUTECH Staff Found Dumped On Road In Calabar (Photos) / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by TrendingGist: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
GistMore.com

Justice Simon Amobeda of the Federal High Court sitting in Calabar, Cross River State, on Thursday, June 26, 2019, sentenced a notorious yahoo yahoo kingpin, Akpojivi Onoriode, who was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a one-count charge bordering on cybercrime.

The convict, a 29-year-old graduate of Delta State University, Abraka and a father of two, was arrested by operatives of the Uyo Zonal Office of the Commission in the early hours of Saturday, May 4, 2019, following intelligence report exposing him of living above his means. He was picked up at his lavishly furnished duplex on Plot 10, Block VI, Unical Satellite Town, Calabar, Cross River State.

Upon his arrest, the convict, popularly known as “Blinks” or “Mr. White”, confessed to having offshore accounts in China and narrated how he started the business of defrauding people quite early, while he was still an undergraduate at Delta State University, Abraka in Delta State.

The charge against Akpojivi reads: “That you, Onoriode Joel Akpojivi, on or about the 4th day of May 2019, in Nigeria within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did unlawfully produce, supply, procure for use and distributed a computer program (fake online banking link platform) designed for the purpose of electronically defrauding unsuspecting persons and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 28 (1) (a) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act 2015 and punishable under Section (1) (c) of the same Act.”

Shocked by the weight of evidence gathered against him by the EFCC, Akpojivi chose not to waste the time of the court as he pleaded “guilty” to the charge.

In view of his plea, counsel for the EFCC, A.S. Abuh, informed the court of a plea bargain arrangement entered between the convict and the Commission, dated June 19, 2019 and filed on June 20, 2019.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/court-jails-yahoo-yahoo-kingpin-one-other-in-calabar

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by daddytime(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
Where the kingpin?

Better memeable picture...

Nigerians sabi throw English anyhow...kingpin, mansion, billionaire.

British man go say Extreme
American man go say End
Nigerian go say Extreme End

British man go say Still
American man go say Yet
Nigerian go say na Still Yet

American man go say So...
British man go say Therefore
Nigerian go say So Therefore

What happiinnnn?

141 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
The useless Onoriode was living large on people's sweat and he thinks the host of Heavens will be happy with him? Now, look at the moronic fellow being all remorseful but when he was conniving with those bankers to help him pull out his funds, he never felt it.

I wouldn't want to imagine the number of some dumb delta/cross rivers girls this Internet thief have slept with just because he drives the latest Range Rover and Mercedes Benz.

Now that the contract has end, his baby mama(s) will flee and look for another prick.

If you ask Onoriode who are his favourite 9ja musicians, first on the list will be "Am I A Yahoo Boy" crooner and one Zlatan.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by overdrive(m): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Men these guys are really balling.very expensive taste.do the crime now go and do the time.
Nothing like legit money I swear.
I wonder what will happen to all these posh whips

7 Likes

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by FAMILYJA(f): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
Na wa o. Although I know even if government happens to provide job for everyone, certainly, some people won't stop from indulging in illegal acts for fast money. And I also think unemployment is a factor that is leading to the whole thing (in some cases). Just imagine the level of his life doing yahoo yahoo. This house can compete that of a state governor.

Who can be of help?

A self sponsored girl needs your assistance to enable her overcome academic needs in her final year. I'm the person who needs the help please. People have got helps here and I don't think mine should be different. Anyone led by the spirit in assisting me for my final year fees should please reach me on 08148799227. All the proofs are intact in case of any doubts. Thank you and do forgive for bringing my personal cross in life to the public space.

6 Likes

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Martins6545: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
[s]The useless Onoriode was living large on people's sweat and he thinks the host of Heavens will be happy with him? Now, look at the moronic fellow being all remorseful but when he was conniving with those bankers to help him pull out his funds, he never felt it.

I wouldn't want to imagine the number of some dumb delta/cross rivers girls this Internet thief have slept with just because he drives the latest Range Rover and Mercedes Benz.

Now that the contract has end, his baby mama(s) will flee and look for another prick.

If you ask Onoriode who are his favourite 9ja musicians, first on the list will be "Am I A Yahoo Boy" crooner and one Zlatan.[/s]

Rubbish

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Dhortunn(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lol. Naija. I need a sponsor. Time to leave this country finally.
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by nairalee(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
Efcc seem to be on top of their game recently. Nice job guys.

But please also extend your search light to these unscrupulous, nefarious and kleptocratic politicians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
How many times una go post this matter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
yea

another victim of "intelligence reports" alias neighbours

they never learn - the other was renting helicopter

undecided undecided

allow celebs and footballers to flaunt money and it wont raise eyebrows

guys with 100s of Ms in Anambra, you will never know

met a medical doctor with 500 bitcoin in anambra ( one bitcoin is around 4M naira presently)

very modest

but these noise makers go just see change dey do dreads and make noise

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Craigslists: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lol

Dem go jail taya sha.

Typical of a sh!t-hole country. Always fighting symptoms while leaving the sickness to thrive.

One day we go wake up to realize say all our able bodied youths dey for prison.

#Amnesty for yahoo boys. They fvcking deserve it because it’s their right.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by nairalanduseles: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Broke ppl be celebrating his arrest .....funny thing is he will be out and balling in less than a month.........while u foolish broke ppl should worry about senators taking home $40000 as income in a month.....NAIJA WAKE UP

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by abdulyaro66(m): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Mad o
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by dPriv: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
yahoo yahoo kingpin grin grin

Check signature for these Brand New iPhone 6s 32GB in ILORIN; few pieces left .
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by biacan(f): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lesson to upcoming Yahoo boys........Guys will never learn sad
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Their is no Yahoo again, it's all +

Real Yahoo boys are one unsteady lots. The + guys burn it like money won't finish and you never find them on a laptop.

They just live the tag as been addressed as Yahoo boy.

Sophisticated hitmen are even Yahoo boys in their areas.

Am just joking though but it's the reality.

11 Likes

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by nephemmy(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
SAKAMAJE
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by yinkus6750(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Plea bargain for a fraudster?.Sentence not specified.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by lmm4real: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Humm I comment my reserve. Who checks the corruption and yahoo yahoo in the EFCC.
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by Charly68: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
Supporter of Internet fraudsters like you and many others will never end well.
Amen !
Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by ifymadu: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
EFCC, please also go to the north and arrest lazy children of thieving politicians who also live way above their means. All na financial crimes

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by NnwachukuOkike: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Give a dog a bad name to justify killing him in Nigeria Islamic system.

Divide and Rule 101.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
As much as I hate yahoo boys and their fraudulent ways. Especially with their effect of giving Nigeria a bad name internationally,Nigerian government isn't helping matters when you don't provide jobs for these idle men and allow them wander and get frustrated. What do you expect them to resort to.the environment isn't even attractive for foreign investors and businesses with all this unnecessary bloodshed everyday. If its not trigger happy SARS its bokoharam and all these hooligans. Smh

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) by philip0906(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Sex Workers Fight Dirty Over Missing N32,000 / "Wind Blew Cocaine Into My Handbag" - Florida Dancer Tells Police / Kidnapped lebanese worker found dead in Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.