Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

The Great Challenge For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Challenge For Christians (4226 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! / Strictly For Christians: Having Questions About Sex, Dating or Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
Mark 16:18

If the Christian here really believers, make videos of yourself snake handling, drinking rat poison, and healing the sick in hospital. Great chance to prove how right you are. Failure to do so will lead me to believe you not true believers. Call the international media when at hospitals healing the sick. The onus is on you,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by VickyRotex(f): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
No wonder your moniker is like that? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm thinking Poison Challenge kind of like the ice bucket challenge.

I nominate malvis analice and truthman first. Abeg live stream it plzz

4 Likes

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
Well...
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 10:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
Until the Poison Challenge is met we have no reason to answer any questions from Christians. They are not being asked anything unreasonable. Just asked to practice what is in the New Testament.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Found this from a Christian site.
Mark 16:9-20New International Version (NIV)

[The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.]

9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Christians is this true, alteration to Bible, if so what else ?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A9-20&version=NIV
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 12:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Who up 1st ??

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by bxcode(m): 12:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Reprobate mind.
The bible is not a magic book that you read and then go out to perform in front of the media. It's God's word and its spirit and alive to those whom it has been revealed to by the holy spirit.
By the way, I hope all is well with you? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 12:54am On Feb 15, 2016
bxcode:
Reprobate mind.
The bible is not a magic book that you read and then go out to perform in front of the media. It's God's word and its spirit and alive to those whom it has been revealed to by the holy spirit.
By the way, I hope all is well with you? undecided

That rite not magic book. Either this is addition or is real deals. If real deals , then perform. If dis additions , abeg wat else is addition or deletion
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by CoolUsername: 1:14am On Feb 15, 2016
lllllllllllll:

That rite not magic book. Either this is addition or is real deals. If real deals , then perform. If dis additions , abeg wat else is addition or deletion

You're taking it out of context. /s

That verse is not literal. /s

He works in Mysterious Ways™. /s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 1:25am On Feb 15, 2016
CoolUsername:

You're taking it out of context. /s

That verse is not literal. /s

He works in Mysterious Ways™. /s

I seen a note under the verse that sayin earlier manuscript not havin dis verse. Where it comin from abeg. I noticin if in di Bible is just outta context but if in Quran no one Carin about di context, ya dig?
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by CoolUsername: 1:30am On Feb 15, 2016
lllllllllllll:

I seen a note under the verse that sayin earlier manuscript not havin dis verse. Where it comin from abeg

Yup, there are some parts of the 'perfect' Bible that were not in earlier manuscripts. Like this one, the 'he without sin should cast the first stone' story ,and the last few lines of the Lord's prayer. They seem to have been added in later translations.

I have no idea how one can still call the bible legit.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by lllllllllllll: 1:32am On Feb 15, 2016
CoolUsername:

Yup, there are some parts of the 'perfect' Bible that were not in earlier manuscripts. Like this one, the 'he without sin should cast the first stone' story ,and the last few lines of the Lord's prayer. They seem to have been added in later translations.

Thats cool ur level minded I like that
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 2:59am On Feb 15, 2016
CoolUsername:

Where is this one from?

Who told you such?

Don't be deceived, nothing was added in the early translation.

In fact, what do you about translation?

Our(ALL) translated versions are all meaning the same thing with different/broken down words for easy understanding.

That's why we have; easy to read version, amplified version, KJ and many others

1 Like

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 3:00am On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

Where is this one from?

Who told you such?

Don't be deceived, nothing was added in the early translation.

In fact, what do you about translation?

Our(ALL) translated versions are all meaning the same thing with different/broken down words for easy understanding.

That's why we have; easy to read version, amplified version, KJ and many others

Promise do you believe enough to drink the poison ?
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by tpiah2: 3:08am On Feb 15, 2016
does everything translate as "die" for you folks?
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 3:11am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

Promise do you believe enough to drink the poison ?
Why must I tempt my God?

If I drink it by accident or out the intentions of the wicked people to poison me, then by the power of the holy spirit in me, it will even nourish my body instead of killing me like the paedophile mohammed.

He that has christ, is full of life.

1 Like

Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 3:14am On Feb 15, 2016
tpiah2:
does everything translate as "die" for you folks?

For myself the fundamental question is this , either said verses are fabrications/additions or it's true. Should the verses in question be fabrications/additions , as some scholars seem to believe, coupled with a footnote in the Bible under said verses saying not in earliest manuscripts, then we got a problem. What else has been corrupted and or embellished and or held back. If it's true, let's see how the believers fare after injesting stricnine.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by tpiar: 3:18am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

For myself the fundamental question is this , either said verses are fabrications/additions or it's true. Should the verses in question be fabrications/additions , as some scholars seem to believe, coupled with a footnote in the Bible under said verses saying not in earliest manuscripts, then we got a problem. What else has been corrupted and or embellished and or held back. If it's true, let's see how I fare after injesting stricnine.

your choice.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 3:22am On Feb 15, 2016
tpiar:

your choice.

Wow you altered what I said in quotes, I pity you.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 3:22am On Feb 15, 2016
lllllllllllll:
they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

If the Christian here really believers, make videos of yourself snake handling, drinking rat poison, and healing the sick in hospital. Great chance to prove how right you are. Failure to do so will lead me to believe you not true believers. Call the international media when at hospitals healing the sick. The onus is on you,
Your post looks like the way the devil tempted jesus on the mountain top, after Jesus had fasted for 40days&nights. In mathew 3 or 4.

Firstly, healing happens in many ways; if God wills, if the sick one believe with all his heart that jesus really can save and many other extra-ordinary ways.

There are so many missionaries who go to the hospital beds to bring healing to the sick that believes.

Even you can go to crusade being hosted by some real men of God and see extra-ordinary healing for yourself instead of asking here.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 3:26am On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

Your post looks like the way the devil tempted jesus on the mountain top, after Jesus had fasted for 40days&nights. In mathew 3 or 4.

Firstly, healing happens in many ways; if God wills, if the sick one believe with all his heart that jesus really can save and many other extra-ordinary ways.

There are so many missionaries who go to the hospital beds to bring healing to the sick that believes.

Even you can go to crusade being hosted by some real men of God and see extra-ordinary healing for yourself instead of asking here.

If Jesus pbuh is God, how can God be tempted by the devil.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by tpiar: 3:32am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

I pity myself
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 15, 2016
lllllllllllll:

You sound like that guy tempting Jesus in the wilderness.

This generation will ask for a sign but there will be none. The only sign you'll have is the sign of Jonah. And here it is; chosen or not, saved or not, he expects you to turn around from evil. His lordship is not just over his own but also over the others who were not chosen for His salvation. In a short while, everykingdom will come to destruction. And that will be your sign.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:01am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

If Jesus pbuh is God, how can God be tempted by the devil.
A good question!

That's to show that he is a human being.

Remember, that jesus is 100% divinity and 100% humanity.

If jesus was just a mere man, why was he born without intercourse?

Why was he born sinless, since everyman was born with the nature of sin?

What give him the ability to give life to a bird he moulded (according to quran)? Does he have the power to give life, why?

Why did he calm storm with one word?

Why did he feed 5000 people with 5 bread and 2 fishes, plenty remained?

Why did he walked on the sea without sinking?

Why did he turned a fish into an ATM machine for peter(just kidding), he told peter to go to the sea, and get a fish, open it's mouth and take money from the mouth of the fish, how did it happen?

Why didn't he say bad to the military when they were torturing him on his way to the cross, but rather prayed "father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing"?(This question shows that he suffered as a human being and not out of his divinity)

why did his first blood that touched the ground, after being pierced by hand and hung on the true, caused an earthquake, that made a centurion to confess with his mouth that jesus is God?

Why did he resurrect after 3 days of his death, name men that had had dominion over death BY THEIR OWN POWER, without prayers for them(because it happens in christianity, but must be by faith in prayers)?

If you are interested, I will tell you more about the amazing Jesus who loves you all muslims so much and to prove it told us to take this salvation gospel all over the world.

The worst thing that the devil has done to a precious, costly and lovely soul like you is making you think that jesus is not your saviour so that it will be very hard to be saved.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 4:04am On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

A good question!

That's to show that he is a human being.

Remember, that jesus is 100% divinity and 100% humanity.

If jesus was just a mere man, why was he born without intercourse?

Why was he born sinless, since everyman was born with the nature of sin?

What give him the ability to give life to a bird he moulded (according to quran)? Does he have the power to give life, why?

Why did he calm storm with one word?

Why did he feed 5000 people with 5 bread and 2 fishes, plenty remained?

Why did he walked on the sea without sinking?

Why did he turned a fish into an ATM machine for peter(just kidding), he told peter to go to the sea, and get a fish, open it's mouth and take money from the mouth of the fish, how did it happen?

Why didn't he say bad to the military when they were torturing him on his way to the cross, but rather prayed "father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing"?(This question shows that he suffered as a human being and not out of his divinity)

why did his first blood that touched the ground, after being pierced by hand and hung on the true, caused an earthquake, that made a centurion to confess with his mouth that jesus is God?

Why did he resurrect after 3 days of his death, name men that had had dominion over death BY THEIR OWN POWER, without prayers for them(because it happens in christianity, but must be by faith in prayers)?

If you are interested, I will tell you more about the amazing Jesus who loves you all muslims so much and to prove it told us to take this salvation gospel all over the world.

The worst thing that the devil has done to a precious, costly and lovely soul like you is making you think that jesus is not your saviour so that it will be very hard to be saved.

You said if Jesus pbuh was mere man why born without intercourse. Using your criteria Adam pbuh was born without intercourse, Eve also born no intercourse. Are they God too ?
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:05am On Feb 15, 2016
Oh I forgot he ascended, how did it happened?
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:17am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

You said if Jesus pbuh was mere man why born without intercourse. Using your criteria Adam pbuh was born without intercourse, Eve also born no intercourse. Are they God too ?
Adam was made from DUST, since he is the first man that ever lived.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by nasiayam: 4:21am On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

Adam was made from DUST, since he is the first man that ever lived.

So we have established you're wrong , being born without intercourse isn't a criteria.
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Please let it be to your notice that Eve was not born but created at of adam's rib
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Please let it be to your notice that Eve was not born but created out of adam's rib
Re: The Great Challenge For Christians by promisechuks: 4:28am On Feb 15, 2016
nasiayam:

So we have established you're wrong , being born without intercourse isn't a criteria.
Please name one man you know that was born out of a virgin without intercourse.

If you can answer that then it will be nullified to being a criteria.

Bear in mind that Adam and Eve were not born of a woman, but were the first people God created.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stunning Revelations: Jesus Christ In The Old Testament! / Overcoming Fornication And Saving Your Relationship / If Logicboy Was Broke!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.