Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning (35869 Views)

Profile Of Ben Akabueze: The New DG Of The Budget Office / Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Ovamboland(m): 12:47am On Feb 16, 2016
Sealeddeal:
2016 budget's capital vote for SE is 2.9billion naira.

Lair lair, will be that amount finish 2nd Niger bridge alone which is a priority project in 2016 budget.

In any case your fellow ekpas believe you without any proof

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by adconline(m): 3:16am On Feb 16, 2016
sweetgala:

I'm not speaking of the method of governance but rather the right of the prime minister or president to appoint either party affiliates or professional non partisan experts.

David Can can easily forgo half his cabinet to professionals at the risk of losing party support but it is not an illegality doing so, same applies to Buhari.

Quit making silly comparison! In the UK, people vote for party based on their idealogical position while in Naija, people vote for individuals because there are no idealogical positions.. In the UK, budget is a roadmap for a political party to shape and deliver on their promises and policies while in Naija, it's a piece of document that can be stolen and discarded.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by ibisko04: 3:19am On Feb 16, 2016
amaechi1:
Your good works will always speak for you. Mr Akabuze did very well in Lagos, despite being an Igbo man. Hope my brothers from the Igbo extraction will not say anything now. Maybe Akabueze is not true Igbo man? I dey wait for comment.

In fact, Akabueze belong to the real world of Igbo nation and among the few people from his race who knows how to break out of tribal cocoon.
Congratulations to Akabueze and other appointees.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by pasol4real(m): 4:55am On Feb 16, 2016
seunmsg:

And it took Tinubu, a Yoruba man to identify and promote him to the National stage. Sucks to be a bigot.
So anyone that gets appointed n has worked for tinubu before simply means tinubu was the one that promoted him .u guies shud try n get some sense .
U are the real bigot here.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Ghandi12: 5:05am On Feb 16, 2016
Anyone who has worked, regularly, in teams will know these appointments are not results-oriented. Too many big-names are being forced to work together without clear-cut responsibilities, coordination and reporting structure. It will take months for people to get used to this amorphous arrangement.

Someone on NL once drew our attention to the fact that Budget planning and Implementation ministry has been separated from the Federal ministry of finance while everyone kept calling out Kemi Adeosun for the budget mistakes. We are having further division which may result in duty overlap and personality clashes.

My advice is that OBJ's economy team model should be adopted. These top-dogs should be forced to form a unit and meet regularly - while PMP allows them to handle things.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mapet: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2016
Jonwesley:

YourMrBoo: :

Who owns Lagos?
Azubike served in the interest of the state as well as in the interest of the teaming Igbos in Lagos.
So he has done well for us and less for the Yorubas whom tinubu and fashola didn't seem it fit to employ the human resources of a Yoruba.

Igbos are proud of azubuike, he should go and save Buhari his poo and poo it really long overdue.

Igbos are rare talent in Nigeria, seek and you shall find them, that are capable.

So speak for yourself. Nothing like Lagos Igbo.

Where did you bring Azubuike from now. Or it's the Akabueze you have changed to Azubuike now. Lol!!!

Shows he doesn't even know him.........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mapet: 7:11am On Feb 16, 2016
seunmsg:
I offered this same advice to PMB just last week and he did as I advised. grin grin grin

Kudos also to Asiwaju Tinubu, wailers claim he's not relevant in the scheme of things but today, two of his loyal political associate, Abike Dabiri and Ben Akabueze got appointed to various positions by the president. Goes to show that political relevance is not by noise making.

Goes to show the diversity of his talent pool, how he attracts talents regardless of which part of the country you come from
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by YourMrBoo: 7:12am On Feb 16, 2016
mapet:

Shows he doesn't even know him.........

Whether I know him or not, what difference does it make.
Besides I now know him more than you do.
So stfu. And leave us to celebrate our own.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by simpleseyi: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2016
saintkel:
So in every appointment dia must be a northerner? Not just a northerner but a muslim? Are there no Christians in d North?. Imagine d new VC PMB appointed and approved, all d northern States got a Muslim VCs. Hmmm

Na so my brother, this Buhari is an ethnic and religious bigot. The newly appointed Special Adviser on Budget and Planning Mr Ben Akabueze is a Muslim from Buhari's village Daura in Katsina State. Are there no Ibo professionals like Jim Nwobodo that collected 100 million from ATM-Dasuki? You need to check yourself into the psychiatric hospital before LAWMA pack you with refuse.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by tomzman: 7:22am On Feb 16, 2016
Good appointments. Let's hope they deliver. Jagaban, I sight your handiwork.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by tomzman: 7:25am On Feb 16, 2016
simpleseyi:

Na so my brother, this Buhari is an ethnic and religious bigot. The newly appointed Special Adviser on Budget and Planning Mr Ben Akabueze is a Muslim from Buhari's village Daura in Katsina State. Are there no Ibo professionals like Jim Nwobodo that collected 100 million from ATM-Dasuki? You need to check yourself into the psychiatric hospital before LAWMA pack you with refuse.
You dey mind the fool. Peeps like him have been programmed to post without thinking.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mapet: 7:26am On Feb 16, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Whether I know him or not, what difference does it make.
Besides I now know him more than you do.
So stfu. And leave us to celebrate our own.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course Azubuike, I don't.......................

Village rat
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by YourMrBoo: 7:31am On Feb 16, 2016
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course Azubuike, I don't.......................

Village rat

Local chimp trying to be relevant.

Lmao. Go and die if you so wish. Idiamu
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mrmetoo1: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2016
adconline:
He was a commissioner of economic and budget planning appointed by Tinubu and retained by Fashola. He was NAL Bank Plc MD before venturing into political appointment.. GMB should have sought for these technocrats last year. He's wasted over year learning on the job by employing APC incompetent partisan hacks and brigands!! Putting party loyalty over national interest!!

Yeah right!! Like you won't have been part of the "He's Tinubu's man" brigade. The minister too is well qualified, he's an Oxford man and has the experience. All the president food was try to spread it out so that no one will say he's heavily influenced by a particular person especially a controversial person like Tinubu
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by saintkel(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2016
simpleseyi:

Bros I no wan beef u o, go check PMB appointments, everytime he makes appointment dia must be a northerner, not just a northerner bt a muslim, I know what am saying, u can say anything u like
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Franky9584(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2016
I tink Buhari should b more concern abt how 2make $1=#1 as promised during his campaign days other than dis
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by idupaul: 8:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Reminez:

Shut up there.. Unrepentant bigot

Coolu temper
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by nasjk: 9:31am On Feb 16, 2016
Shut up! Is professor Andrew of Federal university Gashua Muslim?
saintkel:
So in every appointment dia must be a northerner? Not just a northerner but a muslim? Are there no Christians in d North?. Imagine d new VC PMB appointed and approved, all d northern States got a Muslim VCs. Hmmm
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by deebsman1(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2016
Point of mistake, those killers are just claiming Islam, they're not muslims, Quran said it in clear term that you should respect the religion of others, so anybody killing in the name of Islam is doing so by his own volition not what Islam thought. "lakum dinukun waliyya deen" (to you be your religion, and to me, be mine)

BeardedMeat:
Bros this your profile message na wa.... How come muslims are the ones killing everything and everybody in sight even when the holy quoran is against it? Ironies of life.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by banki(m): 11:13am On Feb 16, 2016
saintkel:
Bros I no wan beef u o, go check PMB appointments, everytime he makes appointment dia must be a northerner, not just a northerner bt a muslim, I know what am saying, u can say anything u like

That's a lie! Big lie!

Why do you even classify everyone from the north as one, then from the south you now segregat south south south east south west?

The SGF for example is not hausa! He is from adamawa and he is christian his name is babachir lawal
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by punkyellla(f): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
adconline:
He was a commissioner of economic and budget planning appointed by Tinubu and retained by Fashola. He was NAL Bank Plc MD before venturing into political appointment.. GMB should have sought for these technocrats last year. He's wasted over year learning on the job by employing APC incompetent partisan hacks and brigands!! Putting party loyalty over national interest!!
If Nigeria is broke, why are we appointing SSA. if you hear the amount of their salary.its high time we knew of their salary afteral its the same market we go.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Khez: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ben tinubu right hand man!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by adconline(m): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Yeah right!! Like you won't have been part of the "He's Tinubu's man" brigade. The minister too is well qualified, he's an Oxford man and has the experience. All the president food was try to spread it out so that no one will say he's heavily influenced by a particular person especially a controversial person like Tinubu
Ben has more business and govt- experience than the current minister of finance.. He comes from Anambra, he's a better than Chrid Ngige.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mrmetoo1: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
adconline:

Ben has more business and govt- experience than the current minister of finance.. He comes from Anambra, he's a better than Chrid Ngige.

The current minister is Udom Udoma... minister of budget and planning
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by adconline(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:

The current minister is Udom Udoma... minister of budget and planning
Minister of Finance developed the framework and vetted budget preparation under OBJ and GEJ. Udo Udoma is a trained lawyer by profession while Ben is a trained and chartered account by profession.. Seen the difference?? Btw, current minister of finance, Yemi, is learner on the job when compared to Ben..
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by shaddoww: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
bashribb:
by dis, how many ministers will now have come from Lagos state Oga? or u tink Baba shud have chosen any of dis rather than Fashola
I know bt I was thinking Fashola would have made a good chief of staff rather than a super minister, since he will b d closest to d president and everybody will have to pass through him.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by mapet: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Local chimp trying to be relevant.

Lmao. Go and die if you so wish. Idiamu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Campaign Posters Of Reverend King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election / Deji Adeyanju Regains Freedom From Kano Prison(pics) / Ondo: Buhari Sends Mimiko To Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.