Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson (938 Views)

Peter Okoye Imitating Michael Jackson At 14 (Pictures) / Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson by shinystar(m): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2009
The world literally stood still early today to honour the greatest entertainer and singer to perform on the stage of life.

But as we all celebrate Jackson's ingenuity and musical excellence, let us not forget the bigger picture: his life. I have spent the last one week surfing the net for every available piece or information about him and came up with seven lessons that we must all learn from his eventful life:

Lesson One: A man is made from childhood: In Jackson, we saw a man that never had a childhood. By 5, he was already an adult, capturing the imagination of all whole world. His father, who I blame for everything wrong in Jackson's life, was more interested in making money out of him rather than training him. He isolated him from other kids and exerted pressure on him to excel. That way, he never allowed him to make mistakes like other kids and grow like them. He even physically abused the poor sensitive lad, who was all out to please him. He was one hell of a bad father and Jackson ignored him for the larger part of his life. So, we must allow ou kids grow up and never destroy their childhood with our expectations. It is important they experience full childhood so that they don't regret it later.

Lesson Two: No one can really please the world: Jackson was a good man reputed to be the largest individual donor to charity. He sang to make others happy; he danced to make other smile but died a wretched, needy man. This please-them-at-cost mentality started with his father. He failed and turned to the world. He should have known people are insatiable. When he died, he died wanting love and failing to have it. The same people he entertained accused him wrongly of molesting children and fleeced him of millions. The lesson is never to spend our lives pleasing others because it is a doomed to fail. Just please God and yourself and do the very best you can do for people. Never expect them to reciprocate because they will always hurt you.

Lesson Three: Success is not applause or adulation but self actualisation: Jackson had it all. Yet, he considered himself never successful. That people adulated him did not make him successful. He was never personally happy. A perfectionist, he spent a lifetime wanting to get everything right yet he died unfulfilled. Rather than wanting applause or adulation we should rather look out for actualisation of our dreams.

Lesson Four: Expect evil for good. You think people will like you once you are good? Think twice. Jesus and Jackson come to mind. Jackson built Neverland Ranch to relieve his children, bought in kids to spend times with yet the same people turned around to accuse him of molesting them sexually just to make millions out of him. I have realised that doing good is not enough to have good people around you. People are always people who are selfish in the long run. So, just do your own good and expect the worst from people. If they did it to Jackson despite his immense popularity and large-heartedness, expect the same treatment too. To me, the real Jackson died after the lawsuits. He was never the same man again. The same people he did so much good to killed him.

Lesson Five: Be happy with yourself. Jackson was the exact opposite. He was not happy with his look, skin and colour. He changed everything, went through deforming surgeries to look better but died unhappy. At the end of the day, it is yourself that matters not people. Just be happy with what you have and focus less on what is lacking.

Lesson Six: Start whatever you want to do early. Jackson started at 5 and was on top for 45 years. If he had started at 40, he would have captured the world for just 10 years. So, whatever you feel you have to unleash, unleash it now. Never wait till tomorrow. Jackson maximised his potentials and held the world spell bound. Please start now and never delay.Talent is good but it is never enough.

Lesson Seven: Never lose control of your life: Stardom is painful. There is always a pain in stardom. Ask Jackson and he would tell you. He lost it when he allowed others to manage his life. Sources said he was a victim of music moguls who planned the massive 50 concerts for him in London. Let us never allow others to acquire control over us.

There are several other lessons but these are the main ones that captured my attention. Kindly add to the list.
Re: 7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson by mamagee3(f): 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
Complete truth. tongue
Re: 7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson by sexyLeamon(f): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2009
I do not agree with lesson number 5
Re: 7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson by OnyinyeGod(f): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2009
@ poster
u are wonderful, i love ur post, it teaches alot. but the lesson five is the greatest, DONT CHANGE UR COLOUR"

I LOVE U, PLS KEEP IT UP
Re: 7 Great Lessons From Michael Jackson by spikedcylinder: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2009
Hiya, I think this should go in his tribute thread.

Thanks. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288741.0.html

(1)

Expensive Poo Of Baba Suwe / Baba Suwe Featured In Guardian Uk. From Ndlea Toilet To "international Stardom" / Goldie Covers Wow Magazine With A Gorgeous Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.