Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? (10879 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / TB Joshua Delivers Nneoma Ukpabi From Overdue Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by petres007(m): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2010
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.  – 1 Corinthians 13:8 (KJV)

This Sunday morning I awoke to the loud sound of a sermon by David Oyedepo coming from my neighbour’s house (beside ours). I heard him commit a spectacular “despoil of scripture” during the sermon and felt the urge to share this as a good example of how these men wrongly divide the word of truth and use it to teach destructive delusions as Christian doctrine.

I also want to reach out one more time to those out there who claim to be Christians but have given themselves over to the very unchristian habit of swallowing everything they’re taught hook line and sinker, with no efforts at all to check it up against God’s rightly divided word of Truth. There really is no excuse for your unchristian behavior. Whether because its coming from your MOG and you trust him and believe he cannot be wrong or lie to you, or because you’re too lazy to act like the Bereans in Acts 17 or the Ephesians in Revelation 2 whom Jesus commended for their diligence. Or maybe because they consistently tell you what your itching ears want to hear. Whatever your reason for being complacent, you urgently need to repent, take out your bible and study.

Now back to the sermon by the Bishop. As usual, his entire message was to say the least, very questionable in light of scripture and he did say a bunch of other funny stuff (as he always does) which I’ll overlook but here’s the part that got me fuming so early this morning.

Bishop Oyedepo speaking:

Very importantly this morning he said “come and see my zeal for the Lord”.

As we open this next veil, which is part 3 of “Unveiling the win-win covenant secret of life” – The ever winning covenant secret of life. 1st Corinthians 13 and verse 8 said “charity never faileth”. [I’ll] Like you to underline the word “never”. That means it is failure proof. It guarantees victory. It guarantees success. It guarantees prosperity. It guarantees peace and tranquility. It guarantees the endless flow of signs and wonders. Charity or Love never faileth. It will always deliver. It will always deliver. You can count on the efficacy of this virtue. Any day, anytime and anywhere. The love of God. Charity never faileth.

Just so our resident NL WolF love-vendor @JoeAgbaje doesn’t come here and say that that was not what he said or that I didn’t hear him well, I immediately sent my brother to go to our neighbour and ask him for the disc so I could get the title and hear it again, just to be sure I’d not “misheard” him. The title of the video is COME AND SEE MY ZEAL FOR THE LORD: Unveiling The Win-Win Covenant Secret Of Life Part 2.

When I heard him make that statement this morning I couldn’t help recalling another one he made in one of his books (I think the title’s something like “Exploits in Ministry”) in which he said that it was Jesus himself who first called God’s work a “business” (based on Luke 2:49) so they (current ministers) were not doing anything wrong by regarding and running churches as such. After reading that comment in the book some years ago, one of my pastors concluded that Oyedepo must be one of the most biblically illiterate preachers around. After hearing him spew out that crap about Love being a sure-fire tool for success & prosperity, I think I agree with my pastor on this.

Now let’s get this straightened out. In this part of Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians, he talks to them about gifts of the Spirit but then goes on to explain the “supremacy” and “permanence” of Love compared to the gifts of the Spirit in chapter 13, which I guess the Corinthians were having issues with at the time so he had to address it.

Below is the entire passage in 1 Corinthians 13 (up to verse 10). Please try to read it calmly from verse one all the way down to the end of the chapter if you can. I cut it down to verse 10 to save space.

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;

5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;

10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

- 1 Corinthians 13:8 (RSV)

Just in case you still don’t get it, here’s that verse again:

…as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Paul was simply saying here that there will be a time when prophecies, tongues and knowledge will cease but Love will never end. Love will always be.

Here’s how the NLT puts it:

Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

At first I thought it was just that the Bishop misunderstood the KJV rendition of that verse but then I looked it up and sure enough, the verse, even in the KJV, clearly portrays what Paul was talking about and leaves no room for any such excuse or justification for the idea that love brings or guarantees prosperity and success:

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. (KJV)

Again, the context of that verse alone (not to mention the entire passage), even in the KJV translation is clear about what Paul meant. And there’s nothing there that even remotely suggests we can somehow use love for our own selfish gains like he so boldly asserted.

This has me wondering whether these fellows are reading the bible backwards. 

My Plea

I’d like to plead with BEG everyone who claims to be Christian to begin to pay more attention to the things being taught as the Gospel in our churches today, regardless of who’s doing the teaching. Not even what you’ve read in this article should be taken without carefully checking out the scriptures on this issue. Dust your bibles and make out time to read it study it and do so properly and objectively. If not, you’ll continue to take in falsehood dressed up as truth and will be in danger of having run for nothing, if you ever were in the race at all.

No, the gospel is not about worldly success. No, Christianity has nothing to do with earthly riches and prosperity. The bible tells us not worry about even our earthly, genuine needs (Luke 12: 27-31). These men teach us to earnestly desire worldly success, riches and comfort – they call it being “blessed”. The bible tells us to be content with such as we have (1 Timothy 6:5-11), these men tell us to lust for more and go out of their way to twist every verse in the bible to teach this poison - even a verse on love.

My pastor once told us about another very popular minister who in some of his teachings aired on TV (I think it was a series), systematically used every single one of Jesus’ parables in the gospels to teach about money, in church. To supposed Christians.

And I ask, how long will this continue? When will we start to ask the right questions? At what point will we stop and think? When do we get to study our bibles, for ourselves? When will we get to learn what Christianity really is about, for ourselves? When will we get to know this Jesus, for ourselves? When?

3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.

- 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT)
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Acidosis(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2010
I succumb to your meaningful thoughts
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Image123(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2010
I thought I'll see some damnable terrible heresy. What's the big deal you're fuming about here? Is it really the message or more likely the messenger? Does charity fail then? Is love no more 'fail-proof', seeing your translation is that love lasts forever? BTW, I barely know the messenger of which you speak. I don't have any of his books or cassettes (surprisingly, I won't be shocked to learn that you have them) before you start labelling him my hero or 'mog'. There are more needful things in God's kingdom than bile.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by petres007(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
Image123:

What's the big deal you're fuming about here?

@Image123

Hmm. . . that you read about an MOG miraculously twisting a verse about love to preach prosperity, worldy success & victory and you "see no big deal" for me to fume about? Tells a lot about you. wink
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by aletheia(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2010
Oyedepo probably thinks the people shown in the picture below were not Christians, ditto Stephen (stoned to death), Peter (crucified), Paul (beheaded), James (killed by Herod), and the list goes on.

Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Tonyet1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
m lost undecided like seriously @ u guys undecided
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Chiefba: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2010
Na Wa Oh! Anything to discredit a man of God.
Jesus said in Matt 6: 33 to seek first the kingdom of God and all the things we seek will be added to us. How do you seek the kingdom when you have not given the Lord your heart? So it is safe to say, Love the Lord and please Him and everything you need will be added to you. The things we neek include success, victories, prosperity etc. And the Lord will grant these things to those who Love him. As it is written " Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard and it has not entered the hearts of men the things that God has prepared for them that Love Him". It is also written that "the young Lion suffers lack and hunger, but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing".   The Love of God guarantees all we will ever need including what the Bishop stated.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by ogoamaka99(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2010
@petres007,
In this your post you have succeeded to tell us how ignorant you are of BIBLE.Any way i don't blame you because you are not a christain but may be an ordinary church goer.Your posting is just like a primary school dropout trying to teach a professor of mathematics which he is totally ignorant of.You are ignorant of the BIBLE so don't TRY TO FOOL yourself by trying to interpreat the BIBLE how much more trying to pass ignorant comment on what OYEDEPO PREACHED.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
I guess success and prosperity are the words we need to define here. Taken in the context that you would be materially rich, drive 3 SUVS, never fall ill or have children that have measles, certainly the preaching was wrong.

If however, other (not mentioned above) portions of the message defined success as indwelling peace, joy in the face of adversity and prosperity as "contentment" etc, then he could be considered "right". However, the antecedents of the man in question betray a likelihood that I am deluding myself its the second case.

@Ogoamaka99:

Whats with "OYEDEPO PREACHED"? Do you know capitalizing words is "shouting". Why are you "shouting" Oyedepo? Do you know Jesus told His true followers NEVER to allow any man call them teacher, master, Rabbi or father? ANYBODY who allows men call him so is not a true follower or is definitely out of the will of the Jesus he claims to follow. I doubt Oyedepo will be happy you're practically calling him "Lord" here if he follows Christ.

BTW, when you read "petres007"'s post, what part suggested "ignorance"? Can you please exegise for us the meaning of those words so we know he was in error?
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Zikkyy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
petres_007:

1st Corinthians 13 and verse 8 said “charity never faileth”. [I’ll] Like you to underline the word “never”. That means it is failure proof. It guarantees victory. It guarantees success. It guarantees prosperity. It guarantees peace and tranquility. It guarantees the endless flow of signs and wonders. Charity or Love never faileth. It will always deliver. It will always deliver. You can count on the efficacy of this virtue. Any day, anytime and anywhere. The love of God. Charity never faileth.

I thought the act of tithing was supposed to have taken care of the bit (highlighted above) or are you saying tithe is a charitable contribution.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2010
^^ Now why didn't I think of that? smiley Brilliant observation there and I wonder how this will be defended. I'll wager it will be ignored cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by ogoamaka99(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2010
@nuclearboy
I don' have time for you.Trying to reply your post is simply like a gentle man arguing with a chronic mad man on the street.It seems you don't reason well so i can't waste my precious time with you.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Image123(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2010
underline the
word “never”. That
means it is failure
proof. It guarantees
victory. It guarantees
success. It guarantees
prosperity.
It
guarantees peace and
tranquility. It
guarantees the endless
flow of signs and
wonders. Charity or
Love never faileth. It
will always deliver. It
will always deliver. You
can count on the
efficacy of this virtue.
Any day, anytime and
anywhere. The love of
God. Charity never
faileth.

@Image123
Hmm. . . that you read
about an MOG
miraculously twisting a
verse about love to
preach prosperity, worldy
success & victory and you
"see no big deal" for me
to fume about? Tells a
lot about you.

No need to wonder who is doing the miraculous twisting. At least you self don perform miracle na, clap for yaself. Classic desperate troublemaker.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Jackie26: 8:17am On Jun 22, 2010
Ecl 12:13-- Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the WHOLE duty of Man.
Fear the LORD, Love The LORD and obey the LORD completely
then you will have PEACE, SUCCESS, PROSPERITY, FAVOUR, VICTORIES ETC WHICH ARE AVAILABLE WITH THE LORD.
THE BISHOP IS RIGHT!
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by petres007(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
Zikkyy:

I thought the act of tithing was supposed to have taken care of the bit (highlighted above) or are you saying tithe is a charitable contribution.

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by steve49ja(m): 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
Is this another 'fake prophet' thread? I dont know what kinda pleasure you're trying to derive from creating such thread, I cant help but ask. .

Why do you settle on the bad side? Why dwell on faults? Who's perfect? Why allow the devil use you?

And to all haters of Christianity, God, Pentecostal Churches. . . .GET A LIFE!!!!

If we pay tithe, na our money, if it's all a hoax, na we be the followers, if they're misleading us, free us. . it's our life isnt it?

If you've come to the understanding that the ways of life instructed in Proverbs and James would make this world a much better place if only a number of people would live like that, then you'll begin to think differently. . .and why are people so interested in flawing the Bible? this and that, that and this. . . .dont you guys get tired?? na wa oo

My people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge. . .shioo!

If they teach me on how to be prosperous and I read by myself in the Bible to back their teaching and I apply it and the expected (positive) result comes out wont I be a fool by not maintaining the source? by paying just one tenth of the total money? Na tithers de pay na U e de pain for body.

If the pastors are buying jeeps and private airplane, which one be your own? what I know is as the demonic kingdom is invisible so is the kingdom of God and believe it or not the supernatural controls the natural also you're brain is tooooooooooooooooo limited to understand God, I rather live my life like there's a God, even when I die I realise there's none? I still would live my next life like there's a God (if there's anything like that ''next life''). Too much wasted because of ignorance.

And to answer the subject, YES love always deliver success and prosperity when applied with other principles. ''He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again''. Pro 19:17

If You dont have Love, you cant progress with God, it is the basis. . .as He who hates his brother is a murderer.

Royal Law: Love your neighbor as your self.

If you keep to the commandments of God, His word would work in your life.

Mtcheeeeeeeeeew! undecided
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Chiefba: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
Paying your Tithes is borne out of obedience and Love for God. WHEN YOU LOVE THE LORD, YOU OBEY HIM INCLUDING PAYING YOUR TITHES. IT ALL FALLS UNDER OUR LOVE FOR GOD AND DOING AS INSTRUCTED BY HIM. SO YES, LOVE FOR GOD BRINGS YOU PROSPERITY, SUCCESS AND PEACE.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by jookco(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2010
petres_007, Number one to come here and talk about a man of God in this manner is a prove that you are not grounded in love, and you know nothing about the bible as you think, I have a massage of Love from Kenneth E . Hagin and it said the same thing, listining to Billy Graham online he is saying the same thing, and apart from that you need to be led by the Holy Spirit to understand the work of love, the more you grow spiritually the more you will have insight on what you are reading in the bible, because so many people read the bible and think they understand it all and you must be one of them, but in Psalms 111:10 the bible said those that indeed fear the Lord has a great understand of the Word of God, so there is understanding and there is Greater understanding that only come through the fear of the Lord which is to depart from all Evil Job 28:28 which include criticizing anointed men of God, and for you to come here and Criticize people means you don't have the fear of God and so there is no way you can have a greater understand of the topic of Love , because the bible said we should not be a mocker Isaiah 28:22 but you are and that's exactly what you are doing here but am afraid because your chain will be heavier if you don't stop.

Isaiah 28:22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong,,

Indeed Charity never fails, thats why Countries like the United States still control and dominate the World Economy, look at how much individuals and Cooperation in the US donates to Haiti after the earthquake , more of the Charity Orgs originated from the states here and other Western World and that's why they will continue to excel, David Yongi Cho talks about the role of Charity as a never failing tool and key to prosperity in in his latest book, Love quenches quarrel and guarantees everlasting peace am talking from real live perspectives not spiritual diffinition of love, morever the more you critisize the man of God David Oyedepo whoes massage having not met him or being a member of his Church anywhere have transformed me the more he will be flying high and the wicked like you will be gnassing your teeth. May God open your eyes and may you be free from Spiritual blindness.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by ogoamaka99(m): 2:34am On Jun 24, 2010
[
nuclearboy:

I guess success and prosperity are the words we need to define here. Taken in the context that you would be materially rich, drive 3 SUVS, never fall ill or have children that have measles, certainly the preaching was wrong.
I am reacting to the above simply for the sake of members of the forum who may wish to know the truth of the gospel.On the above subject matter , the preaching of Oyedepo shows that he is a balanced prosperity preacher.He is simply trying to show you that true prosperity is gotten by true LOVE. You see , you cannot kill, steal,defraud or loat government treasury if you have love for GOD and your fellow men. In that message he is simply trying to discourage his audience about ill gotten wealth which many wealthy people today are guilty of.So what is wrong in preaching to people to pursue prosperity with true love?.

Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2010
^^^ You seem to think this is a fight! Here you are, Voltron, defender of the universe (MOGs) against "nuclearboy", blasphemer who forgets pastors are god! Abi? Sorry, your pastor is not god by any means whatsoever and the Bible is above him.

If you say love means success and prosperity which means having 3 Jeeps, 2 mansions and never falling sick, then you are wrong no matter who you are. The APOSTLES OF JESUS HIMSELF WERE ALL poor. The Bible says they suffered, were ill, had problems etc. Did they not have "love"? Thats the question - who is greater? The Apostles Peter and Paul who said Christians suffer OR your MOG who says you must drive the best cars, never fall sick and should rule the world? Does your pastor have more love than Jesus Himself who the Bible says "had no place to lay His Head"? Does he have more understanding about the word than Paul who wrote the word he is quoting from and who suffered ill health, poverty, beatings, stonings and was eventually beheaded? Please answer that!

Zikky brought up another issue - over and over on this forum, people keep saying "tithing" is what rebukes the devourer and makes you rich. But here, you chaps say it is love. So please tell us - which is it? And by the way, if you argue against my position, please remember you are arguing against the position of the person who wrote half the new testament.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Zikkyy(m): 10:03am On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

But here, you chaps say it is love. So please tell us - which is it? And by the way, if you argue against my position, please remember you are arguing against the position of the person who wrote half the new testament.

It’s beginning to look like fleecing of the flock via tithing practice is not going to be sustainable in the long term, due to growing awareness of the lies embedded in its teaching. This might just be change in strategy Nuclearboy. I won’t be surprise to see tithing being preached as a compulsory charitable contribution in the near future.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2010
You think they can make that conversion? shocked I would doubt it but if they do, their posts and position "today" are on record to remind everyone that they change plumage and "truths" faster than the Chameleon.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Enigma(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2010
These people are ready to use any, i.e. any at all Bible passage as support for their "prosperity" gospel.

See what they say of III John 2

See what the likes of Mike Murdock, Paula White, even Ashimolowo do to passages like Psalm 68:19 (i.e. meaning you should be giving $68.19 every month).
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Ideang: 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2010
we all seem 2 4get God is love and God is constant, he does not fail and God is a guarantee for success, prosperity etc
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Enigma:

These people are ready to use any, i.e. any at all Bible passage as support for their "prosperity" gospel.

See what they say of III John 2

See what the likes of Mike Murdock, Paula White, even Ashimolowo do to passages like Psalm 68:19 (i.e. meaning you should be giving $68.19 every month).

shocked Never heard that one. How does one eisegise that? shocked
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Enigma(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
Believe me, you are dealing with 419 people and I mean that very literally

Let me take the Psalm 68:19 one (there are many other similar verses that they use!)

Psalm 68:19 NKJV

Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah

They say that in order to secure the "daily benefits" referred to in the verse you should be sending $68:19 to their ministry "m-industry" every month!

Remember this is on top of "tithes", on top of "offering", on top of "special offering".

They are thieves!!!
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Enigma(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
On the III John 2, here is what the verse says (using KJV):

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Now this is simply the apostle John greeting and wishing Gaius well. However the "prosperity" pastors
thieves say this is God's promise that every Christian is to have prosperity.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by nuclearboy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
I know the John "one" but this Psalm 68:19 na wah embarassed

BTW, you forgot to mention "prophets offering", "birthday contribution", "reward seed" and a few more that flee my memory now
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Enigma(m): 12:20am On Jun 25, 2010
Let's try Psalm 71:21

Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

And what do you have to do to ensure this "promise" of God?

Of course, "sow" $71.21 per month for the next 12 months, very easy!
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by Enigma(m): 12:32am On Jun 25, 2010
Or do you want God to bring you to your wealthy place? How about Psalm 66:12?

Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy [place].

So to secure this "promise of God" what do you have to do for the next 12 months?

Or perhaps you want the "58 blessings of the Bible"? Well, you know what to do for the next 12 months!

The following is a link to an interesting article by a fellow Nigerian (or at least of Nigerian origin) incidentally.

http://www.lordsquill.com/Articles/Reformational/That%20Which%20is%20Not.htm (This is the better link) OR

http://ezinearticles.com/?That-Which-is-Not&id=2152265
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by jookco(m): 2:52am On Jun 25, 2010
Well most of you have contributed wisely , in terms of Giving I have come across three in the bible and I don't think preacher should force people to give , but a church that does not preach Giving will never grow because Giving is the highway to prosperity, but like I said I have come across this three Givings in the bible first Tithing and Offering, then vows , Vows is that which you vow and you need to honor it, Jacob did it.

Any other thing like Pastor offering, this and that is only by choice and you can ignore it if you have other things to do with money.
Re: Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? by aletheia(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
Enigma:

Or do you want God to bring you to your wealthy place? How about Psalm 66:12?

So to secure this "promise of God" what do you have to do for the next 12 months?

Or perhaps you want the "58 blessings of the Bible"? Well, you know what to do for the next 12 months!

The following is a link to an interesting article by a fellow Nigerian (or at least of Nigerian origin) incidentally.

http://www.lordsquill.com/Articles/Reformational/That%20Which%20is%20Not.htm (This is the better link) OR

http://ezinearticles.com/?That-Which-is-Not&id=2152265

58$! shocked shocked shocked angry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How You Can Help Your Children Follow The Growth Pattern Of Jesus / Adeboye Holds Fellowship With Prisoners, Guards At Kirikiri Maximum Security Pri / Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.