Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Female Marketer Vs Her Client - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Marketer Vs Her Client (4812 Views)

Disadvantages And Advantages Of Being A Female Marketer / A Female Marketer Needed Urgently In An Oil & Gas Private Firm / Facebook Game Marketer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by remoranger(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2009
@poster
You do what you have to do. grin
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by adybabs: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
God has finished his work when he gave you FREE WILL. you guys should stop calling for God's help. its not God or satan's work. Na youUUU
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by sley4life(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2009
The best advice is for someone else to seal the deal. If having affair with you is what your client needs and u cant give that to him then someone else should take your position as the marketer for that transaction.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by rasputinn(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ OP

What are your core values
What kind of person are you? What can you and can't you do?
The ball is entirely in your court
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by jennyo: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2009
Thanks for all your response/advise
@ People who think i should get anoda Job its not that easy being young and married companies view u as a liability cos of maternity leave and all that baggage we married women carry

@people who think i should do what ever it takes i love myself and my husband too much so that's is not an option

I also get the feeling most people responding are not marketers who have been in the same situation apart from Admora!!!! any female marketers out there with real life experience to share i ;m having anoda lunch / meeting tomorrow with him tomorrow and i m so tired of smiling at him when he starts making coy advances towards me
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kvolander: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2009
The best advice is that of fyneguy's.

In addition, I'll advise you discuss it with a senior colleague who you believe is a christian and also very mature in your place of work. He/She may have received similar complaints from other marketers.

Whatever you have chosen to do my sister,

PLEASE, KNOW THAT IF YOU DANCE TO THE CLIENT'S TUNE, YOU MAY LOSE YOUR HUSBAND AND WITH TIME LOSE YOUR JOB DUE TO LACK OF CONCENTRATION.

BUT IF YOU DO OTHERWISE, THE WORSE THAT CAN HAPPEN IS LOSE YOUR JOB BUT I DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING BECAUSE GOD IS ALWAYS THERE TO VINDICATE HIS CHILDREN.

Bless you Sister and goodluck.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by cizaleo(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2009
hello all,

jenny, i believe you know what to do, try as much as possible not to be suggestive in your dressing or looks and when going to see the client, go with a colleague.

on the other hand, u could choose to use your beautiful looks to get deals, there are quite a number of women who get want they want without pulling down their pants, if u do not have that skill, you may opt out and do thread in that path at all.

Above all, follow your instinct and be true to yourself,
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by EshuKemi: 11:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
I dont know why all this fuss the poster is making! angry

Its very simple: F**k the client, earn your company fees and move on. Are you the first person to sleep with a client to get the job done? 85% of Female marketers sleep with their clients and get the contract and move on. You get paid handsomely for opening your p**ssy, so why feel unnecesarily stingy when its going to lead to mega financial rewards?

Also so what if your married undecided Are you going to be the first married woman to sleep with her clients to win a client over? Must your husband know what your up to and will you foolishly tell him you going to be locked up in a hotel shoving down a d**ck to win an account? Most Married women do it and you should be any different. Bottom line your being paid for f**king a complete stranger and it will lead to promotions galore for you while your idiotic moralistic colleagues will berate you, laugh at you, gossip about you and scorn you but you will be financially richer than them, command respect amongst the big players of your industry because you have climbed up the social and corporate ladder and you will be their bosses all because you opened your yansh for a stranger.

Besides isnt it the money you bring home from your escapades the money that will make your marriage stronger and happier because money is there to keep everyone happy. Dont listen to these fools who will advise you to avoid sleeping with your client because its sinful and immoral.

Trust me, if these fools were in your position, they won't miss a heart beat to f***k the hell out of that client to win that account and won't give a damn what you think about them. They are just jealous that you have a financial el dorado in front of you that will take them 1 billion years to get that kind of opportunity.

So ma sista, f***k that guy wella and recieve your rewards here on earth immediately unless another sharp girl (Especially from Nairaland grin) will take it from you
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by davidif: 6:30am On Jul 09, 2009
I am currently working on a major deal with a new client and and recently my client's attitude towards me has been less than professional, for one
i have to meet him for lunch or dinner for meetings and when he send text messages to me he refers to me as honey /sweetheart.The most annoying is that recently he gave me a hug right in front of my female colleague However he hasn't come one to me directly or asked me out directly i really do need advise on how to tell him in a subtle manner to back off without offending him i really need to close the deal.

PS Did i mention that i recently got married and he is aware

@poster
There is something called principle and you have to stand on it and tell the client TO STRAIGHTEN UP OR SHIP OUT!!!! angry angry angry Abi iru nonsense wo le leyi (which kind nonsense be this). I hate it when Nigerian men do this. It is soooooooooooooooo incredibly annoying. angry angry angry

PS By the way, the hugging part in yanki is no big deal but considering our culture and the fact that the man has been misbehaving then that is a NO NO angry angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by saydfact(m): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2009
jennyo:

i ;m having anoda lunch / meeting tomorrow with him tomorrow and i m so tired of smiling at him when he starts making coy advances towards me

NOW I CAN CONCLUDE U'RE THE PROBLEM URSELF, ITS LIKE SAYING "STOP IT, I LIKE IT" IF BY NOW U DONT KNOW WAT DO TO, THEN I KNOW WAT U WANT, AN EXCUSE FOR DOING WHAT'S ? AND LATER SAYING I TRIED TO PREVENT IT, WHO CARES? maybe u even love the man or his wealth, i no ladies too well./ lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by na2day2(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2009
jennyo:

Hi all

I am  currently working on a major deal with a new client and and recently my client's attitude towards me has been less than professional, for one
i have to meet him for lunch or dinner for meetings and  when he send text messages to me he refers to me as honey /sweetheart.The most annoying is that recently he gave me a hug right in front of my female colleague However he hasn't come one to me directly or asked me out directly i really do need advise on how to  tell him in a subtle manner  to back off without offending him i  really need to close the deal.

PS Did i mention that i recently got married and he is aware

this is why i hate certain things in nigeria. this is nothing but sexual harassment and the stupid company will keep quiet abt it, they will rather have the shameless customer and fire a diligent employee, it is just plain annoying and u can't even sue angry angry angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Bolarge(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2009
angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Bolarge(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2009
EshuKemi:

Its very simple: F**k the client, earn your company fees and move on. Are you the first person to sleep with a client to get the job done? 85% of Female marketers sleep with their clients and get the contract and move on. You get paid handsomely for opening your p**ssy, so why feel unnecesarily stingy when its going to lead to mega financial rewards?

Also so what if your married undecided Are you going to be the first married woman to sleep with her clients to win a client over? Must your husband know what your up to and will you foolishly tell him you going to be locked up in a hotel shoving down a d**ck to win an account? Most Married women do it and you should be any different. Bottom line your being paid for f**king a complete stranger and it will lead to promotions galore for you while your idiotic moralistic colleagues will berate you, laugh at you, gossip about you and scorn you but you will be financially richer than them, command respect amongst the big players of your industry because you have climbed up the social and corporate ladder and you will be their bosses all because you opened your yansh for a stranger.

Besides isnt it the money you bring home from your escapades the money that will make your marriage stronger and happier because money is there to keep everyone happy. Dont listen to these fools who will advise you to avoid sleeping with your client because its sinful and immoral.

Trust me, if these fools were in your position, they won't miss a heart beat to f***k the hell out of that client to win that account and won't give a damn what you think about them. They are just jealous that you have a financial el dorado in front of you that will take them 1 billion years to get that kind of opportunity.

So ma sista, f***k that guy wella and recieve your rewards here on earth immediately unless another sharp girl (Especially from Nairaland grin) will take it from you
This is straight from the pits of HELL. Pls don't even broach it.

@poster
My dear, this is not a new thing and contrary to what u just mentioned about "marketers" being the only ones who know how it is, I must say u're dead wrong. Women are exploited in practically every field of endeavor they forage into.
I want to reiterate what a poster already mentioned which is: bring your husband into the picture! It's amazing how so many married folks do not understand the injurious nature of secrecy when we're dealing with the all-inclusive life-long relationship called marriage.

One principle stands out here, I'm a guy so I know what I'm talking about and every other sincere guy out there will bear witness to this, NOTHING SCARES A GUY AWAY THAN THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER GUY! Mind you, we're not even talking about just any other guy here, we're talking about D VERY OWNER!

Ol' girl, lemme ask you this question; I assume u're some good-looking chick, cast your mind back to your single days, which according to you aren't too far back, can you remember any occasion when you were with a guy and another guy walked up to you in the presence of the guy and tried chatting you up or extracting your contact details from you?
You see, there're unwritten codes of conduct in us guys, this is one of the hardline ones.

A single phone call from your husband will first elicit some involuntary trickles of hot piss down this idiot's pants before he manages to comport himself and manage a civil conversation with your husband.

Do not listen to those who're telling you to leave your husband outta this, these are folks who do not understand the very tenets of marriage.
Confiding in ur husband can only let trust reign in your home. Imagine if he finds out from someone else? and you know the gist he'll get is the remixed, exaggerated version.

Moreover, what values do you want to instil in your daughters down the years?
That it's ok to spread it for anyone with a fat bank account? Of course not!
This my dear is how legacies are made.
You may lose the deal so what? F@#$@k the deal. Be wise. Keep your home.

God help you whatever the choice you make.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by zains: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2009
@ poster

You'd do well to keep your husby in the loop of things, don't wait too late.

Believe me, it could be easier for you when your husband knows every detail of your meetings-that way,he won't be jittery

It's no big deal except the threat of rape is involved. With good sense, you can manage the situation-that's why you are a manager.

Nothing is new under the sun, just set your boundaries and keep you husband abreast of issues. Also don't ignore your instincts.

God bless you and direct you. Amen.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Bolarge(m): 9:44am On Jul 09, 2009
angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by teespencer: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2009
ESHUKEMI, haba how come we share the same view? i tot i was d only true nigerian around and was almost thinking of changing my ways! like i made mentioned earlier, the bobo in question is slow mehn! before the babe even gets a chance to come and spill over on nairaland, i would have bleeped d hell outa her like 6 times!, i tuss myself, its not new! after all her husband bleeps her at random, and i can bet u dat the husbands gbola cant be as sweet as d bobo in question!, the question she should ask her self is, ''does toto read meter'', look babz stop being childish and Bleep dis guy for crying out loud!, ESHUKEMI you sure are my kinda chic, i was wondering if we could get acquainted and probably hang out some day, i wouldn't want to leave my number here, but i guess my email address would do, teespencer45@yahoo.com lets rub minds like those of a kind, be good shalom!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Bolarge(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2009
angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Bolarge(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2009
angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by olarge: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2009
Can the moderator please explain why olarge's post has been deleted?,  and repeatedly at that.

angry
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by saydfact(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2009
teespencer:

i wouldn't want to leave my number here, but i guess my email address would do, teespencer45@yahoo.com lets rub minds like those of a kind, be good shalom!

don't be surprised i get ur info, U ARE T.om, O, eka, dark in complexion (CHEEKY), I LOVE SMART PPLE WHO NEVER GET CAUGHT. U ARE NOT SMART ENUF, I PROMISE TO BLOW UR HIDE OUT EXCEPT U SEND ME CREDIT NOW, MR TH, OK BY THE WAY OW IS "CINDY"  lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by mrsb(f): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2009
The "female marketers" that banks use in Nigeria have always made me uncomfortable and this is why.

Firstly, you must tell your husband about the advances asap - in case he sees a text or gets the wrong idea. He may also think you've been hiding something if you tell him much later.

I also agree with some other posters that you should seek advice from a more senior and respectful lady in your establishment.

For me, I'd love to win the deal but not at any length. Wouldn't you rather be able to sleep at night with a clear consience?

Keep it mature, keep it professional and jokily tell the guy he is making you feel uncomfortable. Try and get an assistant involved in the deal and have them also attend lunch/dinner so he cannot get you alone.

It might surprise him to be politely rejected and he may end up having more respect for you in the future and giving you even MORE business.

Pray for God's wisdom and guidance. Good luck. Xx
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Nezan(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2009
kok:

Three options;

Your Marriage;
Your Job
or Both.

Definitely anyone will choose both. So its up to you to hold your grounds and play maturely. a No! is never an offence unless it is wrongly exhibited. so watch out for the appropriate opportunity to spell out your No before the act becomes as usual!
yes-o
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by pek(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2009
you know what to do!!!!!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kdanc(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2009
nawaoooooooooooooo smiley smiley smiley
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by dlox01(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
sorry il have to hurt u abit.
this question is some crappy question to start with,u had made up ur mind b4 u joined the banking marketting system,u n i n every oda person knnows the stigma on marketers SO Y DID U JOIN IT IN D 1ST PLACE?? as a married woman that isnt prepared to go all the way,u should not be there coz u no what it entails.
Now that ur in it, i can read through you lines that u want to at ur cake n have it,u want to close the deal dont u, well, sorry to burst ur bubble let me be blunt with u, SCREeW HIM. although this wont still guarantee u da deal sha. /the truth is that the bank really dosnt care what u gurls do to get that deal coz the know the extent materialism dwells in your blood but if u were my sis or someone i really care about, i will say u are quater to loosing your job,just save your money 4 dat rainy day that will eventually come although it might be sooner than u think.
wink
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by NosaHenry(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
I can bet you before you close that deal, the man would have opened and close you. Run
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by GEW: 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
mrsb:

The "female marketers" that banks use in Nigeria have always made me uncomfortable and this is why.

Firstly, you must tell your husband about the advances asap - in case he sees a text or gets the wrong idea. He may also think you've been hiding something if you tell him much later.

I also agree with some other posters that you should seek advice from a more senior and respectful lady in your establishment.

For me, I'd love to win the deal but not at any length. Wouldn't you rather be able to sleep at night with a clear consience?

Keep it mature, keep it professional and jokily tell the guy he is making you feel uncomfortable. Try and get an assistant involved in the deal and have them also attend lunch/dinner so he cannot get you alone.

It might surprise him to be politely rejected and he may end up having more respect for you in the future and giving you even MORE business.

Pray for God's wisdom and guidance. Good luck. Xx
this is what i have always said that all the women doing deals with these fools in hotel beds make this woman who is a tiny minority job very hard to do. it is sad the way we live as a people.
EshuKemi:

diabolical ekwuensu. build your hut in hell quickly cos you will soon need it.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by bighead1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
WHEN EVER U ARE WITH HIM MAKE SURE U TELL HIM ABOUT UR HUSBAND AND TELL HIM HOW U LOVE UR HUSBAND AND EVEN ASK HIM ABOU HOW HE IS PLANNING TO GET MARRIED AND TELL HIM THAT U AND UR HUSBAND ARE ABOUT HAVING A BABY THAT INFACT U ARE PREGNANT FOR UR HUSBAND
AM SURE THAT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS AND MAKE HIM BACK OFF
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by cicero(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
Your home, your job or your desire the choice is yours.
From the tone of your post though seems to me like your home doesn't come first.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by davidif: 3:38am On Jul 10, 2009
this is why i hate certain things in nigeria. this is nothing but sexual harassment and the stupid company will keep quiet abt it, they will rather have the shameless customer and fire a diligent employee, it is just plain annoying and u can't even sue

abi, instead of creating stringent sexual harassment laws, they are trying to ban different female outfits.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by yommyflo(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2009
prolekely say sumtin
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by yommyflo(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2009
house issues like this is the rave of the moment in our environment i beleive the lady should keep calm and know that her persent place of work is not the best,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jobs City / 4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career / What Manner Of A Boss Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.