Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Female Marketer Vs Her Client - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Marketer Vs Her Client (4804 Views)

Disadvantages And Advantages Of Being A Female Marketer / A Female Marketer Needed Urgently In An Oil & Gas Private Firm / Facebook Game Marketer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by prolekely: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2009
WOW dis topic is interesting but wat i just av to say is try and manage the guy pending the time the deal will click. But if u want to do like some people play ur game and enjoy ur self smiley
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by laurette82(f): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2009
Dear poster,
You did not indicate the industry you work in.There are a lot of jobless people in this site so they just go about ranting trash in the name of giving advice.
I`m a marketer in a bank and i know that its not all deals you`ll need even though you want to win them.Customers know the stress and pressures marketers face everyday so they play on your inteligence and see if you`ll fall.
My advice is that you should weigh your options,if its something you feel you can forego,then let it be.You`ll get another one.But if you are hell bent on getting the deal,then i`ll suggest you carry your superiors along.Never see the prospect alone.And make sure that your superior also gets very involved so that you can get the load off your chest.
For all you care, the customer might not even have intentions of doing business with you.So,girl,apply wisdom so that you dont lose the trust of those who love you.
Be wise. wink
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by laurette82(f): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2009
And besides,as a marketer you should[s][/s]must look good always. The reason being that you as the marketer is the representative of the bank outside.Even in developed countries marketer are always drop dead gorgeous,whatever industry they represent so why should Nigera be diffefent.
What we should be fighing for is that strict laws should be made against sexual harrassments by prospects/customers.

A colleague of mine was constatntly harrassed by a prospect even though she was married and was 7months pregnant!!In that situation would you say that the lady was trying to seduce the prospect?

And whoever said that its only female marketers that are harrassed by customers? Another colleague (though in another bank) got constantly harrassed by a female customer thru text messages and all.The lady is married to a wealthy man with 3 children.Sometimes he got invites to parties in Abuja and London by this female customer of his.

We have also seen cases where marketers meet thier spouses in the course of the job.So,like every other job,banking(marketing) has got its ups and downs.We just have to make the most of what we have.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Nezan(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2009
prolekely:

WOW dis topic is interesting but wat i just av to say is try and manage the guy pending the time the deal will click. But if u want to do like some people play ur game and enjoy ur self smiley

grin grin
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by prolekely: 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2009
laurette82 ADVICE IS WAT I WILL JUST ASK U TO ADHERE TO because IT SEEMS ITS THE BEST.
BUT IF THAT CANT WORK THEN LEAVE THE JOB FOR BETTER ONE.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by GeorgeD1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
sister, leave that job if you still like your marriage. a word is enough!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2009
Bein a marketer myself i feel ur pain.Bolarge's,fyneguy's and laurette82's advice are the best.good luck.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by GeorgeD1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2009
talk of marketing your ' natural' goods grin
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by speeddater: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
dont be so dramatic. she doesnt need to leave her job.

Take fyneguy's advice.

Used the same tactic before and it worked like magic.

infact carry your husband and kids and a basket of fruit to go visit him on a sunday at home with his wife - turn him into a family friend/Godfather
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by neeyee(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2009
You need to apply wisdom and I mean wisdom.

You have to capitalize on the fact that he knows you are married. Below are some of the things you can apply

1. Discuss him with your husband and tell your husband to call him and thank him for assisting to get a deal for his wife

2. Address him ''Oga mi sir'' and jokingly tell him ''Oga mi, I got your text yesterday thanks. My husband saw the ''sweetheart'' part and I had to explain to him that you called everybody sweetheart in my office. He was a bit jealous but since he trusts me he believed me. Abeg o you know our husbands can be jealous, ''

3. Don't stop going to lunch and Dinner with him. Always avoid too personal discussions with him. You guys can discuss the economy, power problems etc

The man sent u those texts with ''Sweetheart'' to feel you. He's using psychology on you and you have to be smart too.

He will not ask you out until he's sure you will play ball. Dont ever give him the impression you will tag along with him, at the same time, be diplomatic.

Above all, report him to Papa God ;

He will not have peace until he closes the deal with you!

Fyneguy, you are a good counselor! keep it up
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by beefy23(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
@eshukemi's 'name' and response rhyme; v diabolical.

To the original poster, your conscience (if it's intact and functioning ok) is probably already telling you what the right path of action is in this case. Don't screw up your home/destiny for a mess of pottage. As they say back home, a word is enough for the wise
OR abo oro la nsofun omo oluwabi, ti oba de inu re, a di odindi - hope I go that right!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by GeorgeD1(m): 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2009
easier said. just a word.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Dmajesty(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2009
Young woman, i can understand u very well. U really need to get the nature of your job clear.
Marketting job is not the only job in nigeria. There are millions of problems to be solve in this country to make cool cash. Listen young woman, dont be a hypocrite huh! Soildiers are made to kill enemies with any tactics, police is made to arrest criminals with any tactics, lawyers are made to save clients with any tactics. Marketters are made to make money with any tactics also. If u cant close ur deals, you are a failure as far as i am concern.

if ur husband cannot accept ur tactics pls for christ sake resign and look for another thing to do but if he accept, pls go on with your style. I wont blame ur company if they sack for incompetency.

My final word to you is this: Dont look at what people will say, consider what will make you happy either to please God or to make your money.

shalom.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Tonye73(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
Marketing job is what I hate most in my life; I am a man and I so pity all these young girls / ladies what they experienced from their male customers.

Some crazy banks / organisations would set outrageous targets for them to meet, and what would you expect these young girls / ladies to do in other to save their jobs.

Coming to this issue, I really blame the man because he knew she is married, and I strongly believe he is married too. My advice to you is don’t visit his office alone, always visit his office with someone, and don’t accept any lunch or dinner with him. In the first place, why should a married woman accept dinner from a guy without her husband? Tell him politely that your husband would not like hearing him calling you sweetheart.

Some men behave themselves so low that you would think they are under spell to run after any woman. If I were a lady, I would have given some bitter lessons to these useless and crazy randy guys; so that when next they come back if at all there is a re-carnation, they would distance themselves 100 meters from girls.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by GeorgeD1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
i think at this point the poster knows exactly what to do. unfortunately there is wide gulf
between knowing the right thing to do and having the willpower to actually do it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primavera(P6) Training For Project Managers And Planners / 4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career / The 10 Most Dishonest Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.