Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army (1101 Views)

Nigeria Security Forces 'killed 150 Peaceful Pro-biafra Protesters' - BBC. VOA / Shooting Of Unarmed & Peaceful IPOB Protesters Caught On Camera! / We Are Not Against Peaceful Pro-biafra Protests In Yoruba Land - OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
As shared by a friend : On the 09-02-2016 10 unarmed peaceful pro-Biafra were shot dead at Aba by the Nigeria Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRCBZXRoVBo

My love,
No Valentine today!
I brood in a low mood
My heart filled with sorrow
eyes with tears running down
mind with a 3rd degree block
brain paused a moment.
Everything seems still
The room is red
The colour of Valentine is red
The colour of blood red
But no Valentine today
For this red in town is blood
Amidst the turmoil in my heart, I still love you deeply
And you know I love and cherish people
I love people's lives
That is why my job is to save lives and I do it with passion
Forgive me today
No valentine celebrations!
All I see is red
Everything smells blood
In its full thickness.
I watched this video, or was it a movie?
Young men, women and children gathered in a school praying.
The school is fenced! They were inside, not in the streets.
Completely unarmed,
singing and praying.
I do not care what they were praying for
I give no damn to what name they were calling
I don't even wanna know the reason they gathered.
But I saw them, carrying no sticks, no guns, not even a broomstick
Singing and praying fervently.
Then came the devil, a combination of army and police, in trolls and convoys of vehicles, heavily armed that you would think they were about to invade the Sambisa forest to rescue the Chibok girls.
I watched.
First, I thought they had come to make sure the crowd remained peaceful, to make sure they are safe in the four walls of the High School where they were gathered. Then they started moving through the gate towards the crowd! In their combat gears ready for war.
I watched as they took their positions face to face with the crowd, with guns pointing.
The crowd did not move. They continued praying. They were resolute and determined not to challenge the security operatives.
Suddenly, the devil spoke and all hell was let loose and canisters of tear gas were thrown directly into the crowd. They ran and scampered, running to safety.
Men, women and School children running away from the security forces. Then came the guns cracking, live ammunition to a dispersing crowd, a crowd running away inside a fenced school premises. They kept firing, live bullets.
Then there were corpses, bodies riddled with bullets, people bleeding from gunshot wounds, some gasping for their last breaths calling for help which was no where to be found.
They died in their pool of blood unattended and neglected.
They were deliberately killed by the security forces. Those they could not kill, they maimed, with heavy clubs and batons, battering their bodies.
It was nothing short of mass murder.
In all my life, I have never witnessed such an atrocious offensive on an unarmed people who gathered peacefully.
I have watched movies of psychopaths running into a school in far away countries and shooting students. I see Presidents cry when such happen. But I have never seen, even in the most tragic movies where a horde of psychopaths dressed up in uniform, invade a school, position themselves and shot a large number of people dead. I never saw it in a movie. But I saw it.
They brutally murdered the people.
Then the left. They left!
They left sorrows, tears and blood- dem regular trade mark.
And as usual the world is silent! They look away. Even the fieriest critics and human rights fighters are dead to their bones.
The Government will not talk about it. No one will. The world has gone deaf and mute. Government is not for every individual!
As I watched this graphic video, I broke down in tears, my body was seized by an uncontrollable tremor of tonic-clonic jerks. I could not stop the tears, I could not hold the tears back. My wife tried to wipe away the tears but they kept coming!
Those were human beings, those were lives. They were killed by those who should protect them.
Their offence, only offence was they gathered and prayed in a school...peacefully.
Then I remembered Fela Anikulakpo's song---
>>Everybody scatter scatter-eya, everybody run run, police dey come army de come, confusion everywhere, several minutes later, all don go away brother, all don cool down brother, police don disappear, army don go away-they leave sorrows tears and blood, dem regular trade mark!
Yes, they left their regular trade mark.
If we don't speak up against such police and Government brutality, it may be you tomorrow. Stop the blame game. We are guilty of unprovoked silence!
An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!
I stand for justice!
To Valentine, the colour is red.
The colour of blood is red.
The colour of everything around me is red.
Do not worry my love.
This red is not for roses ,
for there is blood on the orchids.
So I watched
And I wept!
I will never forget!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by tubouncen(m): 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
Are they still plotesting?

Now dat pdp don give northerner chairman... Ipod, how market
Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by okuneddie(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
I don't and will never support killing unarmed protestants. Is this to scare those that want to protest in the future for an increase in school fees or workers that want to protest fro unpaid salaries. things like this will only discourage protest. For all who might want to burry themselves, I'm not from the East but from SW, not an Ipob but hate killing unharmed protestants

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by Nature8(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nawa oo..
Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by Toosure70: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
peaceful protest with cutlass abi?
Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by chriskosherbal(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hmmmm na waooo
Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by vikacydevato(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Peaceful protest.
Re: 10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
And nobody is saying anything about it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt - UTOMI / Fayose Plans To Tax Students And Pupils In Ekiti / Discharge Saraki Like You Did Tinubu, Agabi Tells CCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.