Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) (24654 Views)

Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off / Fashola Commissions Solar PP Donated By Japan In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by ceejay80s(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
The light situation don worse now, abet make una remove the photoshop pic wey una put for nairaland,
Commission kò conscatter nì
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Pavarottii(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
tubouncen:

So jonathan no commission OBJ project?
If na to commission project, just forget, wen they interviewed the minister of works, Mike Onlememen he even said that, GEJ has not even commissioned some projects b4 he stepped down. On another interview by GEJ, he said; he was too busy to commission some projects. Tell the project wey obj start off well? Abi na railway; wey em yansh Don open?
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by loomer: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
psucc:
Pls o! mek una no vex o! The Jebba dam had been in operations since 19abraham.

Is it the maintenance or refurbishment that he went to commission or did govt build additional units?

Nigeria, . . .

Leave all these OP wey go just create thread and we no dey dey elaborate
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by tarano: 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
When are they going to complete the Ikere Gorge Dam...
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Timzyatcool24(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
[/color][color=#000099]
Yampotatocarrot:
Sorry if this sounds biased, but z t that rivers in d north flow more than those in d south n other areas or what, cos they have d most number of dams n hydro power plants..... Ibere ni o
It most have a water force, not just any kind of dam bro[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by JoeBlocks(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
NovusHomo:

Or how did a shoeless, clueless fisherman become President of Nigeria? grin
LMFAO!.
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Sam32(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
ionsman:
What did he go and commission Mr metropillar?

Jebba dam has been operating since 1984..

Modified: One of the turbines was rehabilitated. Guess that's what Baba fash went to commission.

I never knew Gej was president in 1984. You are intellectually bankrupt.
so what is he commissioning??
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by gbishman: 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
If i recall, the goverment under Obasanjo or Abdulsalam, the contract for the construction of Gurara power was awarded to Salini NIg limited up till today i havent heard about that project.
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Nadoson1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
tubouncen:
Some would say it's GEJ ploject forgetting that GEJ commissioned OBJ project also... That's what they call continuity in democracy, their argument will even make u confuse
I can stand to argue on this. whether you like it or not, both POWER PLANTS, SUB-STATIONS and RAIL WAY STATIONS now ready to be commission are GEJ's projects
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by dublaino(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
I so much love and respect this man called fashola.
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Everfrank(m): 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Sorry if this sounds biased, but z t that rivers in d north flow more than those in d south n other areas or what, cos they have d most number of dams n hydro power plants..... Ibere ni o
Water is not the sole determining factor in siting of a hydro electricity dam. It's constructed on young fast moving rivers that are at their valley stage. This is obtainable in mountains and highlands where rivers are dammed at waterfalls. It's the force produced by the steady sharp descent of the voluminous water that is directed onto rotor blades and through shafts to be turning a dynamo to produce electricity.
The rivers in the south are matured in the centre and dying in the mangrove swamps of the delta. The absence of waterfalls or sharp descents of rivers make it unsuitable for hydro electricity generation.
Niger state has the dams and that's why it's logo is " the power state". No politics.
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by hmuhammad(m): 11:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
comos:
Fashola Commissioning GEJ project
what kind of GEJ's project? I am from Niger state, the state is blessed with 3 hydro power plant which was installed even before GEJ graduated. I am surprised seeing you call JEBBA GEJ's project, una noo go kill person at all. Very soon you'll call Shiroro and Kainji GEJ's achievement, GEJ na confirmed Ineffectual B
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by chudionu58(f): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Stupid goats called APC supporters, they've all ignored the initiators of the project but are content clapping for the incompetent Messiahs...For the avoidance of doubt(if any)
http://www.ipledge2nigeria.com/index.php/articles/news/editorial-weekly/1739-japan-approves-199billion-yen-for-jebba-hydro-power-plant.html
http://www.myfinancialintelligence.com/business-news-brief/fg-approves-₦7069m-jebba-power-plant-rehabilitation
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by chudionu58(f): 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
hmuhammad:
what kind of GEJ's project? I am from Niger state, the state is blessed with 3 hydro power plant which was installed even before GEJ graduated. I am surprised seeing you call JEBBA GEJ's project, una noo go kill person at all. Very soon you'll call Shiroro and Kainji GEJ's achievement, GEJ na confirmed Ineffectual B
Aboki please we are talking of the rehabilitation of the units, not the dam itself!
#project thiefs
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by hmuhammad(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Everfrank:

Water is not the sole determining factor in siting of a hydro electricity dam. It's constructed on young fast moving rivers that are at their valley stage. This is obtainable in mountains and highlands where rivers are dammed at waterfalls. It's the force produced by the steady sharp descent of the voluminous water that is directed onto rotor blades and through shafts to be turning a dynamo to produce electricity.
The rivers in the south are matured in the centre and dying in the mangrove swamps of the delta. The absence of waterfalls or sharp descents of rivers make it unsuitable for hydro electricity generation.
Niger state has the dams and that's why it's logo is " the power state". No politics.
The 4th hydro power plant is currently undergoing construction at Zungeru, it'll supply 750MW to the grid when completed. The contract was awarded during OBJ's regime, I hope some miscreants won't call it GEJ's achievement
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by chudionu58(f): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
hmuhammad:
The 4th hydro power plant is currently undergoing construction at Zungeru, it'll supply 750MW to the grid when completed. The contract was awarded during OBJ's regime, I hope some miscreants won't call it GEJ's achievement
Sharap there! irredeemable liar, when exactly was it awarded during Obasanjo's regime? to whom and at what cost??....Continue pretending up and down
http://www.spotlightreports.com.ng/after-decades-on-the-drawing-board-zungeru-hydro-electric-power-dam-is-a-reality/
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 1:17am On Feb 17, 2016
ionsman:

Modified: One of the turbines was rehabilitated. Guess that's what Baba fash went to commission.

epic response...
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Everfrank:

Thanks a million for the enlightenment
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:05am On Feb 17, 2016
Timzyatcool24:
[/color][color=#000099].
It most have a water force, not just any kind of dam bro[color=#000099][/color]

Thanks
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by hmuhammad(m): 5:03am On Feb 17, 2016
chudionu58:
Sharap there! irredeemable liar, when exactly was it awarded during Obasanjo's regime? to whom and at what cost??....Continue pretending up and down
http://www.spotlightreports.com.ng/after-decades-on-the-drawing-board-zungeru-hydro-electric-power-dam-is-a-reality/
come up with a genuine source, I don't believe and will never believe dis useless source of urs. Wawa kawai
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by olawalepopoola: 6:13am On Feb 17, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Dear, the Geology of an area determine the amount of surface water that passes through it. In cases where you have much rivers in area, it tells you that the rock beneath does not permit water percolate ('Sink') downward. Due to the high density of river, they would suffer for lack of groundwater, which is a major problem in the Northern Nigeria. Dams are constructed on large water bodies e.g. R. Hadejia (NW), R. Rima (NE), R. Osse (SW) and are scattered across the nation. They are not used for power generation only, they are used for irrigation and navigation. This shows why the North is mostly favoured in the construction of dams. However, the management of dams in Nigeria worrisome.
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by ican2020: 6:51am On Feb 17, 2016
Adaure4ever:
But how can a lawyer be a minister of power?
Lol, Nigeria.
He was appointed by someone who could not produce school cert
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by chudionu58(f): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2016
hmuhammad:
come up with a genuine source, I don't believe and will never believe dis useless source of urs. Wawa kawai
A.b.o.k.i.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-commences-n163bn-zungeru-700mw-plant/
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by comos: 8:36am On Feb 17, 2016
ionsman:

Fashola going to commission Turbine that was rehabillitated,

This is what this country under APC has degenerated to.

However you are financially bankrupt
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by STUT(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, commissioned the Jebba Hydro Power Plant in Niger state yesterday Feb. 15th. He also toured the Kanji Dam in New Bussa, Niger state.

Photo credit: lukesh

http://www.metropillar.com/2016/02/fashola-commissions-jebba-hydro-power.html
See Fashola's head grin
Flirtyjane:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, commissioned the Jebba Hydro Power Plant in Niger state yesterday Feb. 15th. He also toured the Kanji Dam in New Bussa, Niger state.

Photo credit: lukesh

http://www.metropillar.com/2016/02/fashola-commissions-jebba-hydro-power.html
See Fashola's head
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by sandman007: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2016
When una full the whole water with militants
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lol, Nigeria.
how can a zoology graduate be the president?
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by domainservice(m): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lol, Nigeria.
that's what you get when an illiterate from daura is the president..
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Alekkz(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
sameer1212:
lol. Wait make I ask IFA! grin
u neva ask am finish.?
Re: Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) by Alekkz(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
sameer1212:
lol. Wait make I ask IFA! grin
u neva ask am finish.? [color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers During Environmental Sanitation In Maiduguri This Morning / How Tribunal Sacked George Sekibo From Senate And Declared Andrew Uchendu Winner / How 5 DSS Helped Me Kidnapped My Customer - Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.