Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Biafra A Village In Portugal! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra A Village In Portugal! (6296 Views)

"Customized" Bridge In A Village In Kebbi State (Photos) / Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by Weedcrusher: 1:53am On Feb 17, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Afara is a kindom in IMO STATE. Check out this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/113006/mbaitoli-ikeduru-mba-ike-sons-daughters

C'mon you can do better than this
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by JaredNomak: 1:56am On Feb 17, 2016
Weedcrusher:

C'mon you can do better than this
Answer the questions I asked you.

JaredNomak:
So what has those extinct empires done to better Benin, Oyo, Mali, etc and their people?
Are they better than Igbos cos they had an empire?
Germany with their failed attempts to rule over others is still the best country in Europe ahead of Italy, France, England, Turkey, Austria and Hungary with once formidable empires.

undecided
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by Weedcrusher: 2:07am On Feb 17, 2016
JaredNomak:
So what has those extinct empires done to better Benin, Oyo, Mali, etc and their people?

Are they better than Igbos cos they had an empire?
Germany with their failed attempts to rule over others is still the best country in Europe ahead of Italy, France, England, Turkey, Austria and Hungary with once formidable empires.

I recommend history 101, history 102............history 402 for you. If you don't know that germany was once under the Holy roman empire, the prussia empire and the kingdom of germany, then I can't help your cause. An assignment for you, go and read on germanic tribes
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by OFFICIAL336: 2:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Weedcrusher:

I dare you to show any original map of the world dated earlier than 600BC. Do you even know the science of cartography? the oldest known map was preserved by Babylonian on clay tablet in 2500BC. Do you know how old 4500 BC was? that my friend was antiquity. Dude you are talking of Neolithic period where human being was still trying to figure out how to carve stone for use as hunting tool. Damn I can't believe I'm even trying to have a discussion with you
Believe whatever that makes u happy. But history no matter how hidden, is there for us all.
Oh saw my mistake now. Was working on a company project I couldn't finish in the office today, I think tiredness, stress and double tasking caused me to make the mistake. I mixed up two different events. It is not 4500 BC, but 2700 BC. Every other thing I stated here remains valid. U can dispute them.

Like I said before, Biafara was an empire founded over 5000 yrs ago, about 3000 yrs before Christ by a man called Afara. It was a vast empire cutting across large landmass extending beyond the present Gabon at the height of its power. Towards its twilight the empire fragmented into many smaller empires that assumed different identities, while only the present cameroun and her neighbours retains the original name and towards the 17th century losts the name thereby putting to end all knowledge of the ancient empire except an incorrect 17th century AD map of the area.

In the year 1967 AD, an Ijawman suggested name for the proposed new state of Ojukwu since the proposed new state sits on the heartland of that ancient Empire. The name became Biafra instead of Biafara.

According to that scroll, the Nri Empire was a fragment of that empire. It maintained diplomatic rshp with Ancient Ethiopia.

The history am referencing was marked as Sacred History. So am stopping here. Leaving the sacred for the Sacreds. Research them if you want, together with the 2700 BC map of Biafara Empire.

As of present, we have Afara, umuafara, NdiAfara and other afara villages scattered over the SE, at least one in each SE state as I was made to understand. They are all talking about the Great Afara of the ancient Biafara Empire.
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by oyinkinola: 6:48am On Feb 17, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

Believe whatever that makes u happy. But history no matter how hidden, is there for us all.
Oh saw my mistake now. Was working on a company project I couldn't finish in the office today, I think tiredness, stress and double tasking caused me to make the mistake. I mixed up two different events. It is not 4500 BC, but 2700 BC. Every other thing I stated here remains valid. U can dispute them.

[s]Like I said before, Biafara was an empire founded over 5000 yrs ago, about 3000 yrs before Christ by a man called Afara. It was a vast empire cutting across large landmass extending beyond the present Gabon at the height of its power. Towards its twilight the empire fragmented into many smaller empires that assumed different identities, while only the present cameroun and her neighbours retains the original name and towards the 17th century losts the name thereby putting to end all knowledge of the ancient empire except an incorrect 17th century AD map of the area.[/s]

In the year 1967 AD, an Ijawman suggested name for the proposed new state of Ojukwu since the proposed new state sits on the heartland of that ancient Empire. The name became Biafra instead of Biafara.

According to that scroll, the Nri Empire was a fragment of that empire. It maintained diplomatic rshp with Ancient Ethiopia.

[s]The history am referencing was marked as Sacred History. So am stopping here. Leaving the sacred for the Sacreds. Research them if you want, together with the 2700 BC map of Biafara Empire.[/s]

As of present, we have Afara, umuafara, NdiAfara and other afara villages scattered over the SE, at least one in each SE state as I was made to understand. They are all talking about the Great Afara of the ancient Biafara Empire.

THIS IS A SCAM. How can someone cooked history to favour a project! there is nothing like afara empire talkless of it's related to biafra, any biafra can't be traced beyond 1600 portuguese dead state created!
the so call fourth kingdom of God on earth is shameful history one can publish on platform....it's all scam!

Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by oyinkinola: 7:58am On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by oyinkinola: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2016
THE AFRICAN CIVILISATION KNOWN TO HISTORY AFTER STONE AGE 2,500,000 YEARS BACK!
IS 25 IN TOTAL.
WHERE IS AFARA KINGDOM?

Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by Ovamboland(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2016
The etymology of the word Biafra can be broken down as two words in Ibo,

Bia - an approbation of the word 'abia' which means 'come'
fra - is a twist of the word 'ata ahuhu' which means suffer. grin

In other words Biafra means come and suffer, and it has always lived up to its meaning, 45 years go it was the poster boy for human misery, now the second phase is about to be revived embarassed

1 Like

Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by femidejulius(m): 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

Biafra is the fourth Kingdom of God on earth. Take it or leave it. If Afara has a Yoruba meaning, does it make it Yoruba? **** In the fullness of time, the Heavens will re-establish their kingdom. I just wish we will be alive to witness the Heaven's 2nd greatest gift to Africa, after Jesus.

LOL... So hilarious. Tell me another fable
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by akulaxx: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
BIAFRA IS LIKELY DERIVED FROM THE IBO WORD BIAFURU (MEANS ; COME AND SEE) THAT REFERRING TO THE PORTUGUESE TRADERS TO COME AND SEE THEIR OWN DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF PALM OIL AT A PLACE CALL OHAMBELE IN IMO RIVER,, TAKE NOT THIS HAPPENED IN THE 1600 AD

EVERY TRADER TELLS THEM BIAFURU OR BIAFRA,

LATER THE OIL CARTEL WAS CONTROLLED BY KING JAJA OF OPOBO,
THE FIRST KNOWN BIAFRAN KING. IN THE 1800 AD
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by oyinkinola: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2016
[s]
akulaxx:
BIAFRA IS LIKELY DERIVED FROM THE IBO WORD BIAFURU (MEANS ; COME AND SEE) THAT REFERRING TO THE PORTUGUESE TRADERS TO COME AND SEE THEIR OWN DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF PALM OIL AT A PLACE CALL OHAMBELE IN IMO RIVER,, TAKE NOT THIS HAPPENED IN THE 1600 AD

EVERY TRADER TELLS THEM BIAFURU OR BIAFRA,

LATER THE OIL CARTEL WAS CONTROLLED BY KING JAJA OF OPOBO,
THE FIRST KNOWN BIAFRAN KING. IN THE 1800 AD
[/s]
...history is a science, and not a cooked story, if you have anything different to what had proofed and accepted, you give a strong evident!
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by Benmoore1: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2019
Please Are there Igbo's living in portugal especially in Lisbon and portimoa on this platform kindly indicate here..
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by LabDNA: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2019
Rabblerouser
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by jimyjames(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2019
oyinkinola:
...Please Igbos Do Not Ever Use The Word #Biafra, It Is A Village In Portugal – Ozodiobi Osuji
Please Igbos do not ever use the word Biafra in referring to us. Biafra is a village in Portugal. A Portuguese, during the age of exploration, in the 1400s, gave the Atlantic Ocean area directly below the lower River Niger the name the bight of Biafra. That Portuguese sailor probably came from the village of Biafra and gave the name Bight of Biafra in honor of his village?

There is no need for Igbo people to call themselves by a Portuguese name, Biafra. I feel insulted been referred to by a Portuguese name, Biafra.

...Ozodiobi Osuji

And you Afonjas are proud of the Portuguese name, Lagos? What about you Fulani name, yoribansa
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by gidgiddy: 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
oyinkinola:
...Please Igbos Do Not Ever Use The Word #Biafra, It Is A Village In Portugal – Ozodiobi Osuji
Please Igbos do not ever use the word Biafra in referring to us. Biafra is a village in Portugal. A Portuguese, during the age of exploration, in the 1400s, gave the Atlantic Ocean area directly below the lower River Niger the name the bight of Biafra. That Portuguese sailor probably came from the village of Biafra and gave the name Bight of Biafra in honor of his village?

There is no need for Igbo people to call themselves by a Portuguese name, Biafra. I feel insulted been referred to by a Portuguese name, Biafra.

...Ozodiobi Osuji

That means nobody should call themselves "Nigerians'' because the word "Nigeria" was something Flora Shaw Lugard created on her desk in London long before she even came to West Africa
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by Dangrace01: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2021
OFFICIAL336:

Like I said before, Biafara was an empire founded over 5000 yrs ago, about 3000 yrs before Christ by a man called Afara. It was a vast empire cutting across large landmass extending beyond the present Gabon at the height of its power. Towards its twilight the empire fragmented into many smaller empires that assumed different identities, while only the present cameroun and her neighbours retains the original name and towards the 17th century losts the name thereby putting to end all knowledge of the ancient empire except an incorrect 17th century AD map of the area.

The history am referencing was marked as Sacred History. So am stopping here. Leaving the sacred for the Sacreds. Research them if you want, together with the 2700 BC map of Biafara Empire.

Please help me with more information on this. My research brought me here
Re: Biafra A Village In Portugal! by cocolacec(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Asks Abubakar Maikano To Act As Acting Chief Of Staff / Ughelli Rep Seat: Constituency Members Protest Against Awhinawhi's Emergence / Kenneth Okonkwo Before And After The 2023 General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.