Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? (5197 Views)

If You In Abroad, What Do You Do, How Much Do You And Your Monthly Expenses / Naira Exchange Rate. Let Us Know The Exchange Rate The Bank ATM Charged You / Daily Exchange Rate. Let Us Know The Exchange Rate The Bank ATM Charged You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's becoming clear that anyone planning a foreign trip may either have to buy forex on the black market or use their naira cards abroad and deal with the exchange rate that the bank uses.

Please could people who are already using their naira cards abroad enlighten us on the charges (Dollars, Euros and Pounds) so we can know whether to port banks and obtain new Mastercards for our respective trips.

Just share your bank and the charges (per dollar, Euro or Pounds) and where you're using the card. God bless you.
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by wengerly(m): 3:43am On Feb 17, 2016
I helped someone withdraw canadian dollars with my GTB card a few days ago and it was N208 to 1CAD. I heard it's 211 as at yesterday.
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by Flexherbal(m): 4:52am On Feb 17, 2016
Why is it always higher in the black market.?
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2016
I've heard that GTB is charging N290 per $ in the US, while Stanbic bank is charging 285
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2016
wengerly:
I helped someone withdraw canadian dollars with my GTB card a few days ago and it was N208 to 1CAD. I heard it's 211 as at yesterday.

The official rate is at 143.. chai
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by wengerly(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

The official rate is at 143.. chai

That's true because western union is about 143...
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by nairacountry(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
Gtbank charges #284.99 to a $
I will really like to know £ rate, anyone?
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by Oye50(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
I'm scared to withdraw with my card in Germany. Before naira feel so much. Zenith do sell for skit 280 now I'm sure it'll be about 400 self. I dare not try it
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
Source Abokifx

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Source : abokifx

1 Like

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Source: abokifx

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by hope43: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Pls which bank is FBN
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:01am On Feb 23, 2016
hope43:
Pls which bank is FBN

First Bank Nigeria
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Abokifx

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by travelpoint: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
It is not fixed, fluctuates everyday. The exchange rate is set by Visa if you are using Visa debit/ATM card
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by Solitin40: 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
dollar now 290 to 295 at ikeja going to drop again tomorrow tank u lord
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Solitin40:

Wow
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Solitin40:
should we buy now or wait for further naira appreciation
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
cowleg:

Million dollar question
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by Solitin40: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2016
cowleg:
will advise you to ask your self the question
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
Latest news.. grin

1 Like

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:15am On Mar 29, 2016
Gtb charged me at N299 to $1 today.
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by MiCasaEtSuCasa(m): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Um good afternoon OP does it mean I can use Diamond Bank Atm card here in Germany?
Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
MiCasaEtSuCasa:
Um good afternoon OP does it mean I can use Diamond Bank Atm card here in Germany?

I think you can but try for a small amount first to be sure of the exchange rate oh

1 Like

Re: Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? by MiCasaEtSuCasa(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
Oh okay thnx smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Refusal / Living In Cyprus / Belarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.