Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank (18262 Views)

Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) / Coca-Cola Accused Of Abandoning Staff Who Was Amputated After Injury (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by henrybomb(m): 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
MzPecs:
After the day's work and trying to balance payments et all, my sister's husband found out that he lost 50,000naira to what we don't know about. He works with a Microfinance Bank.

Now, they said he's gonna face a panel tomorrow. My question is, what could be the possible outcome of this panel? Hope it won't lead to a sack letter?

I'll need answers please.. embarassed embarassed

Just as my boss in gtb while I was doing my IT wud say"once u av a shortage u ve pay it..it won't lead to sack letter I ve been in dat suitation before
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by xtervaganza(m): 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Banking job is crazy. It's funny when they have a shortage the staff will have to pay but whenever they have an overage they have to declare it and the bank will eat the money.

It is only when there's shortage that the bank makes noise
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by dguizman(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
hakeem4:
It happened to one of my neighbour . They just sacked him and put him in jail grin grin
werey.

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by BlackOnassis(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
hakeem4:
It happened to one of my neighbour . They just sacked him and put him in jail grin grin

but why u dey happy na? abi the neighbor don knack ur babe b4?

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by yunnyp(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
what they just need is a clarification on how the money went missing and if he is a truthful person buh unable to clarify the issue, they might give him a warning letter and deduct the money from his salary.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by juniorades: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
MzPecs:
After the day's work and trying to balance payments et all, my sister's husband found out that he lost 50,000naira to what we don't know about. He works with a Microfinance Bank.

Now, they said he's gonna face a panel tomorrow. My question is, what could be the possible outcome of this panel? Hope it won't lead to a sack letter?

give thorough account of his banking activities, he may be sack if guilty, nobody want to put on with incompetency....but I blive in innocent until proven guilty
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by onuawuchi: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
While working as a teller in commercial bank I paid all my savings in shortage. Thank God I left the job.

My honest advice to him is to look for another job, cos it won't stop happening. That job is not worth it , trust me
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
obynzo:
It depends on the circumstances that led to the missing cash or cash shortage, if it was due to a fraudulent transaction i.e maybe he overpaid a cloned cheque or made a fraudulent debit, then he might be sanctioned, but if it occured as a normal shortage arising from overpaying a customer, then the shortage will be booked against him and the sum would be debited from his account. I hope that helps
Thanks for this.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
DICKtator:

He may not be sacked if it is his first time.

He may face suspension or his salary would be deducted for the amount lost.

The amount should be traceable too.
The Operations manager and auditor should be about to explain the shortage

grin grin grin grin
I just pray the money would be traced.

Thanks all the same..
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by special19: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
All the person needs to do is to balance the account out of pocket. There is no account for balancing shortage in bank. I've been there so I can relate with it. That's the pain of being a cashier sometimes. It is one man for himself when balancing your account at the close of work.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Sunnycliff(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
xtervaganza:
oh my! You mean he's not good at his job if he can't remember how the money got missing?

Do you have a job? Or should I say do you know what bankers go through? It's a thankless job if you don't know and it's quite easy to make mistakes while handling cash .

Perhaps you're one of those draconian evil bosses who believe they are without mistakes

The banking world takes no excuse for financial mishappenings. There is nothing like unexplainable money losses. So just bear with it. I work in cbn though in contract, and issues like this you dare not speak or it talk less of the management knowing of this.

I run a farming business and in the current Nigeria labour laws and work motivation I think am among the few bosses who employees would go an extra happy mile working with.

But u have to prove Ur integrity, honesty and diligence to win my heart.

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
henrybomb:

Just as my boss in gtb while I was doing my IT wud say"once u av a shortage u ve pay it..it won't lead to sack letter I ve been in dat suitation before
Hopefully..

Thanks!
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by hardychris(m): 11:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
He needs to call over the tickets and go through the system to see if he did a wrong posting, thank God the money in question is just N50,000. That's why I don't wanna go back to that banking job again.
As for the panel I don't know what it will be like but he will have to pay for the money because banks doesn't need stories in their money @all no overage no shortage that's the rule of the game.
MzPecs:

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
hardychris:
He needs to call over the tickets and go through the system to see if he did a wrong posting, thank God the money in question is just N50,000. That's why I don't wanna go back to that banking job again.
As for the panel I don't know what it will be like but he will have to pay for the money because banks doesn't need stories in their money @all no overage no shortage that's the rule of the game.
Fair enough!

Thanks
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by menix(m): 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
He should've paid the cash without escalating, now he faces being sacked nd it's a must he would pay back...

Wish him favor as he faces the Panel...
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by henrybomb(m): 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
MzPecs:

Hopefully..

Thanks!
U r welcum,tell the person to check all his transactions for that day,maybe he overpaid sumone sumtimes d work gets hype and one tends to miscalculate
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
henrybomb:

U r welcum,tell the person to check all his transactions for that day,maybe he overpaid sumone sumtimes d work gets hype and one tends to miscalculate
It's alright..
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Eyor1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
hakeem4:

Hahahaha, u no be bete perxon.... u ar making her hope laxxa

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Eyor1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
hakeem4:

Hahahaha, u no be bete perxon.... u ar making her hopelexx

2 Likes

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MzPecs(f): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
menix:
He should've paid the cash without escalating, now he faces being sacked nd it's a must he would pay back...

Wish him favor as he faces the Panel...
I guess because it's his first time.

Thanks for the wish anyway..
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by xtervaganza(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Sunnycliff:

The banking world takes no excuse for financial mishappenings. There is nothing like unexplainable money losses. So just bear with it. I work in cbn though in contract, and issues like this you dare not speak or it talk less of the management knowing of this.

I run a farming business and in the current Nigeria labour laws and work motivation I think am among the few bosses who employees would go an extra happy mile working with.

But u have to prove Ur integrity, honesty and diligence to win my heart.
settles it then

I do really hope you're a good boss as you said

I have people who work in banks and I know what they regularly go thru
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by menix(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
2009 was my 1st nd ever trip to epe frm apapa, just to see if I could recover my shortage of 50k.

It was after the customer opened his door I knew Epe is not in Lagos thou in Lagos, the man was surprised nd exclaimed " you mean u came all the way from Lagos".

Well, I ended up paying frm my pocket.

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Deo1986(m): 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
He will be transfered to another branch in Sambisa!!
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by obamma: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Best 10 places to work in Nigeria as rated by the employees.http://checkoutmyemployer.com/index.php/companies-reviews/companies/banks/diamond-bank
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by MrMann1(m): 12:00am On Feb 17, 2016
If he is found guilty, the bank will likely remove the missing amount from his salary. Make he juz forget his salary for the month.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by hardychris(m): 12:09am On Feb 17, 2016
That's it dear, just like Mr Sunnyclif said, banks don't want to hear your excuses @all. They believe that if you collect #10,000 you have to account for that same #10,0000 no stories @all its totally a zero tolerance on shortages and overages.

Meanwhile, an overage @times, if not properly checked can result to a serious shortage. its well with your in-law. He should do his own by checking his part well that's all.
MzPecs:

Fair enough!

Thanks
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by tosyne2much(m): 12:10am On Feb 17, 2016
onuawuchi:
While working as a teller in commercial bank I paid all my savings in shortage. Thank God I left the job.

My honest advice to him is to look for another job, cos it won't stop happening. That job is not worth it , trust me
Bro, do they also sanction a banker when there's excess?
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by menix(m): 12:34am On Feb 17, 2016
MzPecs:

I guess because it's his first time.

Thanks for the wish anyway..

Then his not cool with his colleagues, else he should ve been advised.

If he had an inquisitive mind, he should ve asked when he was under-studying the job cous I can't remember cashiers I ve trained not asking..
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Sanchase: 12:40am On Feb 17, 2016
He will be sent to Kuje Prison to meet Nnamdi Kanu the owner of IPOD cheesy.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by hardychris(m): 1:16am On Feb 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, do they also sanction a banker when there's excess?
yes they do.
Re: Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank by Originalsly: 1:25am On Feb 17, 2016
What is for sure.... is he would be repaying the bank. What is not sure is if he would still have a job. I think if the bank finds out for sure he made an honest mistake. ..they may let him slide this time only. If they are not sure...then they would believe it was planned. ...and... guess what would happen?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason / NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated) / Banking Sector: Hnd Graduates Vs B.sc Graduates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.