Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,307 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products (44086 Views)

Innoson Motors Visit Joe Abah Who Raised Alarm About Their Products / Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala / Senator Ben-bruce Patronizes Innoson Motors (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by betterABIAstate: 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
The President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, on Monday said the government has a responsibility to ensure indigenous manufacturers thrive to rebuild the economy and put Nigerians to work.
Mr. Saraki said this when he received a delegation from Innoson Motor Manufacturing Company, Nnewi, led by Innocent Chukwuma, the Chairman and founder of the company, in his office.
He said government should use legislative actions and policy initiatives to protect the local industries as a deliberate way of reviving the economy.
Based in Nnewi, Anambra State, Innoson Motors is the only Nigerian company manufacturing automobile of different range.
Mr. Saraki said one of the actions government should quickly introduce was to ensure that local industries were patronized by government agencies so that Nigerian manufacturers could enjoy the advantages accruing from the big market that her population offers.
“That is why this eighth Senate is determined to amend the Procurement Law to ensure that government agencies patronize Made in Nigeria products,” Mr. Saraki said.
“I am sure the House of Representatives is in support of this. It is our joint responsibility to ensure that you succeed. If you are successful, a lot more small and medium scale enterprises will draw inspiration from you and they will become successful.
“That will help to create jobs which is one of the mandate presented to us by the youths of this country during the last elections. We in the legislature will look at all laws and help to create an enabling environment for local businesses to thrive in Nigeria.”
He added that using laws to protect locally made goods was not peculiar to the country as similar policy had been followed in the United States under President Herbert Hoover in 1933, while India and China had also enacted similar laws in the past.
He lamented a situation where a company like Innoson only sold about 3,000 vehicles in 2015 when Nigerians bought about a million vehicle annually, adding that If Nigerians patronised Made in Nigeria cars, it would force foreign manufacturers to set up plants in the country.
In his remarks, one of the Innoson officials, Alfred Nwosu, said Innoson Group started off from manufacturing of motor cycles and graduated to tricycle before it began production of different range of utility and luxury vehicles.
He said the company had 7,000 Nigerians on its payroll while there were 300 youths from the Niger Delta area undergoing training that were hitherto held abroad.
Mr. Nwosu commended Mr. Saraki and the Senate leadership for their prompt response to the request for audience sent by the company, an opportunity that had eluded the company in the past.
“In less than 48 hours of contacting the Senate President, we were told to come over. We are encouraged by your views on Made in Nigeria goods. What we need is the support, encouragement and inspiration from decision makers like you,” he said.
In a similar development, Monday, Mr. Saraki urged the South East Amalgamated Market Traders Association (SEAMATA) to look inwards and find ways of locally producing goods they currently import in view of the present economic challenges facing the country.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198493-government-must-protect-patronize-local-firms-succeed-saraki.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Psylas(m): 12:39am On Feb 17, 2016
good
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by RisingSun1: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2016
Why did he urge south-easterners for more local product?

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products?

*Modified*

For those quoting me wrongly,the post is sarcastic.I'm a hardcord igbo.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by DOUBLEWAHALA: 3:03am On Feb 17, 2016
He is testin it bcus he tinks dat notin gud can out of
D east apart 4rm fake

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Sibrah: 3:17am On Feb 17, 2016
This Innoson man is doing sympathy marketing like he is an INNOcent SON of the 'zoo'. I will like to see the percentage of his car parts that are manufactured in Nigeria. Imagine using 100 local hands to assemble parts manufactured by some 5000 hands and calling it local.

Additional comment:
Non of the hateful posters like jamjo , giftedben , bilazego , chynie , magical , tuniski, Arnoldo, Gassa007, kingRex1
have be able to give me any evidence of high local contents in Innocon vehicle. All we have is abuse and name calling. I expected some pixs of these numerous manufacturing units at least.

My point was to highlight the flaw in this model of manufacturing whereby it favours the foreign market and the assembly plant owner most( 95% in my opinion) than it helps the economy. Innoson aggressive marketing on the premise that its cars are locally manufactured is technically wrong. The level of expertise and labour put into the final product by local hands is less than 5%. That's employing foreigner at the expense of local. Most people support him becos of the Glory it brings to their tribe.
Only obstead200 seem to be understanding me.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by raker300: 3:25am On Feb 17, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
He is testin it bcus he tinks dat notin gud can out of
D east apart 4rm fake

Pls seun remove dat trend dat says

NAIRALAND SAYS NO TO B!AFRA

Very soon u wll hide dat murtala mohammad post
nice try. Even when you try to purchase a car from kia house, Enugu you can take it for a test run

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by chriskosherbal(m): 4:12am On Feb 17, 2016
The government should support.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by SmartMugu: 4:23am On Feb 17, 2016
RisingSun1:

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products? He should urge other regions abeg.
Other regions haven't started with that area yet. Ibos are known for being creative. We've heard of Aba made stuff since we were kids, how come we don't hear of other stuff made in other regions? I'm not from SE, just saying they deserve the credit in that area.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by NovusHomo(m): 4:40am On Feb 17, 2016
If I had a bullet.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by BaddieKay(f): 7:15am On Feb 17, 2016
grin
RisingSun1:

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products? He should urge other regions abeg.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by BaddieKay(f): 7:19am On Feb 17, 2016
He only urged em to try and produce what the import..Nigeria can hardly be one,nw nw nw people are finding his comment offensive/insulting.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2016
nigerians with black mentality shagrin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 17, 2016
Saraki is building bridges, making in roads to the East. This is the main reason why The Powers that be dont want him as Senate President, his rapid political rise. A four year senate presidency would make him way too powerful with a national political base.

17 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by chukslawrence(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2016
Nice move
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2016
The way folks here be downgrading and trying to rubbish the Innoson and Eastern products makes me feel they have Major Inferiority Complex.
A bellend up there said he [Saraki ] is testing it cos he doest trust it, like seriously? Some well established car dealers and manufactures allow you to drive around for 30mins, test running the car before buying it.
Another bummer up there said Innoson is doing sympathy marketing. Roflool, my friend it's too early to be a jerk.
Someone even called out Saraki for encouraging the Easterns to continue what they are good at doing. My friend basic economics would tell you that some places are economically advantaged when the four factors of production are considered. Companies site their headquarters in Lagos or Abuja, not because the name of the town sounds nice or popular. If we are Nigeria, then we've to support our own. We don't have to always bring ourselves down.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by DOUBLEWAHALA: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2016
I will gv u a 2nd time to tink again

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2016
Great this is the type of news I want to be reading everyday

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 17, 2016
BaddieKay:
He only urged em to try and produce what the import..Nigeria can hardly be one,nw nw nw people are finding his comment offensive/insulting.

Simple and correct English you can't compose....#SocialMedialGeneration.Smh
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by magicalx(m): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
This Innoson man is doing sympathy marketing like he is an INNOcent SON of the 'zoo'. I will like to see the percentage of his car parts that are manufactured in Nigeria. Imagine using 100 local hands to assemble parts manufactured by some 5000 hands and calling it local.

What have you produced? Talkative!

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by babadem2much(m): 9:01am On Feb 17, 2016
RisingSun1:

The truth is most of them are his supporters even when he is going the wrong way.

you know they adopted Ali modu sheriff and Dasuki why won't he applaud them my bro?

so no worry your self my bro

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by MathsChic(f): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by PeterPius: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2016
It's becoming official. Innoson is becoming the first choice car

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by truthspeaks: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Tnk God for d pressure frm Nigerians both online n offline. By nw, he shld hv bn test-running a BMW or toyota prado jeep

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by babadem2much(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2016
NovusHomo:
If I had a bullet.

Huh! and u no get gun name catapult you wan use?
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Futbolpredikts: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2016
That's my senate Presido.. APC opposing themselves since the day of Cain and Abel

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by mrlaw93(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2016
Meanwhile, there ve been no power supply in my area since 3wks ago. One yeye man just brought bill. Me just dey here dey vex now. . Change!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by chynie: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2016
sdindan:
urges southeasterns to do more on local products"

southeast = Manufacturing

North = bomb and suicide

southwest= media propaganda (brown envelope)

u get sense wella i hail u grin

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Naija9090: 9:06am On Feb 17, 2016
Saraki looks and acts like the president....president for all including 5%.lol! By the way, Why is Saraki doing the work of the president and vice president? Buhari and Osinbajo ought to be the ones promoting made in Aba and Nnewi. What Saraki is doing most of you may not know...is the easiest and quickest way to calm IPOB tension....not using army, gun and bullets. When they see things like these, they will calm down. Some things are just common sense...

South East must do everything within their power to protect Saraki and make sure he remains the Senate President. As long as he is there, SE remain his biggest target for support...he knows this, that's why he is doing everything to promote their ingenuity and creativity, a gray area they don't like to see showcased to the world out of envy. He may be doing it for political reasons...yes we know; far better than nothing.

Trust me...if he Saraki is replaced, the new Senate President will reverse every decision he would have made with respect to promoting of SE ingenuity and creativity. I bet you they/the power there be are already warning him to desist from this! Also we must guide and protect Murray Bruce against media propaganda from the sophisticated media...they are already using their propaganda machine to tarnish his image only because he is promoting made in Aba and Nnewi.

The fellow below me Kayroy5 is one of the paid minions employed to tarnish Saraki and Murray Bruce image.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by frisky2good(m): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2016
And when you finish manufacturing you start begging those you hate so much to patronize you. How many Igbo governors, senators, business men or chiefs drive innoson vehicles?

sdindan:
urges southeasterns to do more on local products"

southeast = Manufacturing

North = bomb and suicide

southwest= media propaganda (brown envelope)

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by kayroy5(m): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2016
Prison await president

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by axuprime: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2016
THESE FUCKHEADS!! WE KNOW THEY DONT WANT INNOSON CARS, IF THEY HAD THEIR WAY THEY WILL APPROVE A ROLLS ROYCE AND BENTLEY EACH FOR THEMSELVES, BLOODY FUCKERS!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 / Atiku Shades Buhari On Walking 800 Metres In Daura / Occupy Nigeria Protests The Issuance Of Certificate Of Return To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.