Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products (44113 Views)

Innoson Motors Visit Joe Abah Who Raised Alarm About Their Products / Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala / Senator Ben-bruce Patronizes Innoson Motors (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Holmes07(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2016
RisingSun1:
Why did he urge south-easterners for more local product?

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products? He should urge other regions abeg.
Nigeria problems would be lessen if ur mother had flushed u frm her womb. It's a pity dat u have lost ur ''common sense'' to tribalism and nepotism. Go get a life, u're worse than a lower animal.
I'm nt ibo so dnt tink i'm being sentimental, i dnt just like it wen pple dnt av common sense!
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Holmes07(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
He is testin it bcus he tinks dat notin gud can out of
D east apart 4rm fake

If they produce fake things dat means they also capable of producing genuine things. What have ur generations produce?? I'm sure u're one of those unemployed liabilities,licking the dust of medicrity wen it comes to being an entreprenuer. Get a Job,get a life! Unemployed vagabond.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by PHIPEX(m): 10:31am On Feb 17, 2016
7000 +3000 employed through local ingenuity. What else can the govt ask for? Only a chronically myopic people will not encourage a man that has taken 10,000 unemployed citizens off the street. Mind you, only Dangote can boast of such number of employees in Nigeria.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Wallade(m): 10:38am On Feb 17, 2016
obstead200:

dont beef so much. We all know that it is less than 10% local content. But at least the markup that foreign vehicle manufacturers add to fully built vehicles is avoided.

Please tell me about the 10% that is local content part of the vehicle in terms of components. I am all ears!
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by ellovee(m): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2016
Is this truly "made in cars" or it's "assembled in Nigeria car"? Someone should put me through.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2016
i was looking for the man with the zebra suit, disappointed that he wasn't here today to make the pics more enjoyable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by ellovee(m): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2016
Wallade:
Please tell me more about this copycat brand called innosson. I am not against local manufacturing, innovation and industrialisation but I don't see innosson vehicles as innovative. It is just the brand name that is Nigerian, everything about the vehicle is not Nigerian and worst case is that the vehicle is substandard. Compare it with Tata brands and I will still pick a Tata vehicle.

I also learnt that the CEO uses other vehicle brands regularly, not his innosson. So tell me why I should be proud of innosson vehicles.

Anyway, I don't wanna discourage you.
A beginner must start from somewhere. Is it even an easy task to copy correctly?
IVM should be encouraged afterall Ford never get where they are now overnight.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by giftedben: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
This Innoson man is doing sympathy marketing like he is an INNOcent SON of the 'zoo'. I will like to see the percentage of his car parts that are manufactured in Nigeria. Imagine using 100 local hands to assemble parts manufactured by some 5000 hands and calling it local.

Do you have a smartphone. OK check out the specification of my smartphone.

Name: Samsung Galaxy Gio

Dimensions 110.5 x 57.5 x 12.2 mm (4.35 x 2.26 x 0.48 in)
Weight 102 g (3.60 oz)
SIM Mini-SIM
DISPLAY Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 3.2 inches

Multitouch Yes
- TouchWiz v3.0 UI

PLATFORM OS Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo), upgradable to v2.3 (Gingerbread)

Chipset Qualcomm QCT MSM7227-1 Turbo Snapdragon S1
CPU 800 MHz
GPU Adreno 200

COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot

BATTERY Removable Li-Ion 1350 mAh battery.

now tell me how many of Samsung chip set/hardware are installed on this phone. No company have a complete parts that are locally made.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by bolex04(m): 11:16am On Feb 17, 2016
RisingSun1:

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products?

*Modified*

For those quoting me wrongly,the post is sarcastic.I'm a hardcord igbo.
no be only hardcord igbo...u no like USB cord igbo...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by jamjo: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
This Innoson man is doing sympathy marketing like he is an INNOcent SON of the 'zoo'. I will like to see the percentage of his car parts that are manufactured in Nigeria. Imagine using 100 local hands to assemble parts manufactured by some 5000 hands and calling it local.

Please if you don't mind me asking you this question, Is this jealous or what is really going on here . If you really want to know the answer to your own question why not you as Nigerian buy even if it's a bus ticket travel out of your state visit the company i think they will show around if you really are determined to find out the daily operations of this company. Yes innoson import some of the major components of the cars, but you should know that no manufacturer is 100% efficient in its manufacturing of a product . Jaguar is a British company they uses Ford engines on their X type model car and that ford engines are made in America. Every other country that has archived one success or another started some where why can't you as a citizen of this country embrace a little success from your own country , just because innoson is an Igbo company that you want to talk it down what kind of hate is this . We want to be one Nigeria but we can't bring ourselves to acknowledge that Igbos are good in so many things they do.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by obstead200(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Wallade:

Please tell me about the 10% that is local content part of the vehicle in terms of components. I am all ears!
In accounting, elements of cost is not limited to materials alone. u still have to factor in labour and overhead.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by dikeigbo2(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
He is testin it bcus he tinks dat notin gud can out of
D east apart 4rm fake

What is this one saying? Besides the tread is meant for living beings...... Continues singing... Double wahala for dead body ....... ,double wahala for dead body........double wahala for dead body grin grin

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by playtheblues(f): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2016
How?

sdindan:

They are judas
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Arnoldo(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
What have u produced from your end? Most of component of dat car is produced in nigeria just a few imported,u need to visit that factory and appreciate the wisdom of a comon spareparts seller.not ur ancestors that are good at stealing public fund and returning nothing 2 d public..i prescribe 2days fasting for u to ask God for brains like that of the pple of the southeast..they are africa's wise people
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Igbospower(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2016
Wallade:
Please tell me more about this copycat brand called innosson. I am not against local manufacturing, innovation and industrialisation but I don't see innosson vehicles as innovative. It is just the brand name that is Nigerian, everything about the vehicle is not Nigerian and worst case is that the vehicle is substandard. Compare it with Tata brands and I will still pick a Tata vehicle.

I also learnt that the CEO uses other vehicle brands regularly, not his innosson. So tell me why I should be proud of innosson vehicles.

Anyway, I don't wanna discourage you.
u see ur life... and 2woro u guys will be shouting one Nigeria. and 4 ur information he doesn't need ur encouragement.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by DrayZee: 11:44am On Feb 17, 2016
arttysticfyngaz:

Simple and correct English you can't compose....#SocialMedialGeneration.Smh
"Medial"
Check yourself
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by omonnakoda: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2016
I think as Nigerians we should be honest with ourselves. Honest on ALL levels let us support this enterprising man to create jobs and grow the automobile industry.

We must also be honest that he is a Car assembler under franchise and not a manufacturer. We have had this in Nigeria before with PAN (peugeot) and VON Volkswagen so this is not new .What is new is that it APPEARS to be one man doing it nevertheless we must not get carried away by ethnic sentiment . What needs to happen is to push for the next stage which is for the Chinese company that manufactures the and designs the cars(I understand they use Mitsubishi Engines) to come and start doing so in NIGERIA. That is when we will know we have arrived in the automobile industry otherwise we are deceiving ourselves. To say the cars are made in Nigeria is like saying Okadas are made in Nigeria. They arrive in containers fully manufactured and then we put them together. It is still a drain on Foreign exchange
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by ODUBEZE: 11:59am On Feb 17, 2016
RisingSun1:

Is he saying that it is only south-easterners that have brain in this country to produce products?

*Modified*

For those quoting me wrongly,the post is sarcastic.I'm a hardcord igbo.
Don't make a mountain out of a mole.
Just words of encouragement that anyone can draw inspiration from.
stop belittling yourself! only people with low self esteem does that!
it is well.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Igbospower(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
I think as Nigerians we should be honest with ourselves. Honest on ALL levels let us support this enterprising man to create jobs and grow the automobile industry.

We must also be honest that he is a Car assembler under franchise and not a manufacturer. We have had this in Nigeria before with PAN (peugeot) and VON Volkswagen so this is not new .What is new is that it APPEARS to be one man doing it nevertheless we must not get carried away by ethnic sentiment . What needs to happen is to push for the next stage which is for the Chinese company that manufactures the and designs the cars(I understand they use Mitsubishi Engines) to come and start doing so in NIGERIA. That is when we will know we have arrived in the automobile industry otherwise we are deceiving ourselves. To say the cars are made in Nigeria is like saying Okadas are made in Nigeria. They arrive in containers fully manufactured and then we put them together. It is still a drain on Foreign exchange
oh really.. I didn't kn u are one of his employee.. sorri pls help us with how he arrived at 70% local content... even when u are honestly telling to make sense, yet hate wouldn't allow u. Ps: u guys are beyond saving really.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by jmand(m): 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
See this guy! Only South-easterner are Nigerians? After what I read over there I get into headache, Sen. President commented like that, mtsw get loss.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by frisky2good(m): 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
Good to know that.

sdindan:

I hate no one.
pls
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by ODUBEZE: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
jamjo:

Please if you don't mind me asking you this question, Is this jealous or what is really going on here . If you really want to know the answer to your own question why not you as Nigerian buy even if it's a bus ticket travel out of your state visit the company i think they will show around if you really are determined to find out the daily operations of this company. Yes innoson import some of the major components of the cars, but you should know that no manufacturer is 100% efficient in its manufacturing of a product . Jaguar is a British company they uses Ford engines on their X type model car and that ford engines are made in America. Every other country that has archived one success or another started some where why can't you as a citizen of this country embrace a little success from your own country , just because innoson is an Igbo company that you want to talk it down what kind of hate is this . We want to be one Nigeria but we can't bring ourselves to acknowledge that Igbos are good in so many things they do.
My brother whatever anyone says Innoson has made a good start. gradually we will get there!
At least he has created more jobs, gradually all the parts will b built in Nigeria!
Rome was not built in a day.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Gassa007: 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
Do you know Innoson has a plastic manufacturing company, that can fabricate all they need.About the leather you can ask Aba boys how they get theirs. and you remember they recently did a brake for NAF alpha Jet.So 80% of the car buildup are manufactured locally. Please do your research well next time before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by BaddieKay(f): 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
The last time I checked,Americans who English is their 1st language/mother tongue can't even write/speak Correctly,so Mr English teacher go and sit down.if my "em" is putting ur tiny brain in confusion,its short 4 them.
arttysticfyngaz:

Simple and correct English you can't compose....#SocialMedialGeneration.Smh
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Konquest: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
obstead200:

[size=13pt]I am an igbo man. But sadly, I must say u are very correct.

Anyway, It is not the fault of Innoson. U will need investment in much more elaborate machinery, manpower and R & D to manufacture most parts in Nigeria. I believe that if he has government support, he will go all the way.
Imagine what he will do if;
-Government signs an undertaking to buy 90% of all government vehicles from innoson.
-Orders all multinationals to buy 70% of all there vehicles from Innoson.
-Encourages all private individuals who are working class and desires to buy innoson cars by giving them interest friendly loans.

I assure u, even international financial agencies & investors will fall over themselves to give innoson the required finance to achieve 80% local content.
[/size]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@obstead200

~Innocent Chukwuma - "Without Bank of Industry there will be NO Innoson."

Innoson Motors is actually financed by the Bank of Industry[BOI].
Innoson Motors got loans running into millions of Naira from BOI - it is NOT a majorly self-financed
by Innocent Chukwuma.

Innocent Chukwuma said at the "2012 African Business of the Year Award" in London
that "without Bank of Industry [led by the Former CEO of UBA Capital Plc,and now
MD/CEO of BOI, Mr. Rasheed Adejare Olaoluwa], there will be NO Innoson."

I hope this info will help people to know that it is a truly NIGERIAN COMPANY
FUNDED by BOI.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by omonnakoda: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
Gassa007:

Do you know Innoson has a plastic manufacturing company, that can fabricate all they need.About the leather you can ask Aba boys how they get theirs. and you remember they recently did a brake for NAF alpha Jet.So 80% of the car buildup are manufactured locally. Please do your research well next time before you talk.
Why all these LIES ? In order to make a point must you lie? What do you mean by "DID A BRAKE" ? They REPAIRED the brake and it was not ABA BOYS? Please.........you folk tell too MANY LIES
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by KingRex1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sibrah:
At least he has taken a bold step. Do u even think a car brand produces all its part?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Wallade(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
obstead200:
In accounting, elements of cost is not limited to materials alone. u still have to factor in labour and overhead.

In a nutshell, you mean to say the the materials, components and parts of the Innosson vehicles are not made in Nigeria. It is the labour and other associated overheads incured during assembling that you refer to as the 10%.

If that is the case, It is better to have Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Volkswagen and others assembling their vehicles in Nigeria to meet demand in Nigeria. This Innosson vehicle is a waste of my hard earned money. I will get better value for my money with Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan or better still, Toyota (Good thinking, good product).
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Huffington: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Wallade:

All the plastic components are sourced from Nigeria. He has a plastic factory in Enugu. Stop being jealous because hate will only consume you.
Re: Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products by Wallade(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
KingRex1:
At least he has taken a bold step. Do u even think a car brand produces all its part?

Car brands produce the bulk of their parts and source other parts from reputable, standardized and renowned manufacturers. What part or component of Innosson vehicle does Innosson manufacture.

None, for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Leave Presidency For Me, Take State – Peter Obi Begs Wike / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.