Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. (825 Views)

Lolu & Anto Visit Linda Ikeji Media (Photo) / Atorise: "My Wife Has Forgiven Me For Fathering A Child Outside Marriage" / I Have Forgiven Akpororo & Will Attend His Show – Kate Henshaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 5:47am On Feb 17, 2016
Created this thread below yesterday. Glad to see that she opted for one of my options.

I woke up early this morning to meet an avalanche of distasteful news concerning Linda Ikeji over an Hermes bag. While I have been an ardent loyalist of her blog for years, still am, i find her online conduct to be shocking so much so that I am still yet to believe she wrote those tweets.

So while we are at it, Linda, if you are reading this, these are the ways you can come out of this debacle

1. Pin it all on your sister. I can assure you that i believe whole heartedly that your sister is the face behind all those tweets. I have been reading your blog for years and i want to believe i know your writing style and persona. Those tweets doesn't sound like you and a few others agree too. So, why dont you cash in on that? I am sure Laura wont mind. Dont know her quite well but learnt she is quite the tigress.

2. Be silent on this: They say silence is golden. This will fizzle out in a few days. A few memes, hateful comments, some vids here and there mocking this whole scenario... sure why Not.. we are afterall Nigerians ignorant of cyber bullying which if we must be truthful you have also gainfully engaged in. So, sit it out.

3. Make fun of yourself. My dear, there is no faster way to stop your critics right on their tracks other than admitting that you erred in a nice, humble, heartfelt way. You mustn't apologize, at least not directly. I particularly like the idea of creating a blog post on "how one can avoid being temporarily insane over a designer bag". Trust me it will be a hit.

I will post more as they come. We all make mistakes. Learn from it. Stay strong.

Guys, if you have solutions on how she can address this, please feel free to share. This can happen to anyone. Moreover, what better way to showcase your PR skills.
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2016
Celebrities to draw inspiration from on how they tackled related issues are
Justin Beiber
Beyonce and pillow gate
Angelina jolie
Bill Gates
Robert Downey.Jnr
Leonardo Dicaprio
Kardashians
Suarez
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by cruzita(f): 6:28am On Feb 17, 2016
I go for SILENCE it works like magic.

1 Like

Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2016
cruzita:
cruzita:

I agree but not in all situations. Case in point Davido and the saga with his baby mama. I had already labelled him as insensitive until the lab report on the drug profile came out
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by KingRex1(m): 6:38am On Feb 17, 2016
She replys prolly cus drs no man. Get married nd 4gt d feminist trash
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by AishyWemsy(f): 6:45am On Feb 17, 2016
You don't understand these people (Celebs) especially d female ones. she knows quite well next time she carries the bag in d midst of her co celebs, all eyes will be on her bag and she will definitely reads she is so fake from their looks. That is why she said "they want to disgrace me". None of these would have surfaced if she had kept quiet abt d bags in d first instance bt they live by attention and when they don't get it, they cease to function

2 Likes

Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 7:23am On Feb 17, 2016
AishyWemsy:
You don't understand these people (Celebs) especially d female ones. she knows quite well next time she carries the bag in d midst of her co celebs, all eyes will be on her bag and she will definitely reads she is so fake from their looks. That is why she said "they want to disgrace me". None of these would have surfaced if she had kept quiet abt d bags in d first instance bt they live by attention and when they don't get it, they cease to function

My dear, I understand all of these. I dont claim to understand the immense peer pressure these celebrities face. All i know is that even.this can be surmounted if handled right. Her first big shake up was that of the man accusing her of stealing content for her blog which led to a shut down.of.her blog. She.spoke up then, why not now.
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2016
I dont want to deviate but back when i was in the university with no money of my own, i considered it silly spending as much as N2000 on a blouse. Now, i can pay much more to get one which to someone who doesnt have the means will seem grandiose. I am not against her spending her money on frivolities as long as you dont end up being stuck up about.it.

I think she should say something, anything on the matter to soften the waters. It is true this will fizzle out with time.but.the repercussions might be too much to bear.
Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by mhyzJane: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2016
INSTAGRAM ORUBEBE undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2016
social media orubebe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda, Nice Save. You are forgiven. by peacettw: 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2941967/linda-ikeji-apologizes-over-bag

Good girl. You chose the third option. Go and sin no more

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Ben Bruce 60th Birthday Celebration / Open Letter To P.square On Their Recent Separation / Paul Okoye Mourns Mum As Peter Okoye Goes Solo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.