Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG (2737 Views)

South, Oil Resources Not Developed With Northern Funds – Ann-kio Briggs / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG / Don’t Borrow Wike Money, APC Rivers Tells Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Lushore1: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
OfoIgbo:

Lagos provides about 15 of that 20% and Igbos have more than half of that Lagos input.

Add that to the stuff coming from Igbo areas of the Niger delta and you will come to the realisation that Igbos and Igboids contribute more than 50% of what accrues to the centre

hahahaha.....another one. lol, like I said to your brother above...I really don't know where you guys are getting your percentages from, please do share it so we can all learn. Until then I don't care!!!. According to you, Igbo are contributing 50% of Lagos input, and I guess the rest of us (yoruba, hausa, edo, lebanese, indians and other foreingers) are contributung the remains 50%....smh.

1 Like

Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Goke7: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
Teddeebear:
you reason like a kid, can a president single handedly change the constitution.

What happened to PIB and Local government Autonomy bill

Have you not heard about Political lobbying before? what stops the south south members of the senate and house of reps from lobbying and convincing their colleagues from other regions to pass the PIB bill which will be beneficial to their states, this is where the northern politicians are better in playing ball likewise their counterparts from the sw, the problem with politicians from ss is lack of diplomatic tact to play ball with others, instead they play the victim and cry about the marginalization of the past and abuse others to make their points, there is no free lunch anywhere in the world, you must work hard for what you want.

I hope you now know who the kids are now

2 Likes

Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by realjoker(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
Teddeebear:
you reason like a kid, can a president single handedly change the constitution.

What happened to PIB and Local government Autonomy bill
and you expect buhari to single handedly change the CONSTITUTION.

1 Like

Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by ckmayoca: 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2016
dearpreye:

So,what exactly does the lazy North bring to the Federation Account?

They bring withdrawal slip to the federation account

1 Like

Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Teddeebear: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
Goke7:

Have you not heard about Political lobbying before? what stops the south south members of the senate and house of reps from lobbying and convincing their colleagues from other regions to pass the PIB bill which will be beneficial to their states, this is where the northern politicians are better in playing ball likewise their counterparts from the sw, the problem with politicians from ss is lack of diplomatic tact to play ball with others, instead they play the victim and cry about the marginalization of the past and abuse others to make their points, there is no free lunch anywhere in the world, you must work hard for what you want.

I hope you now know who the kids are now
you are still a kid.

you know a northerner will never accept that, no matter your negotiations, esp when it comes to oil.

Not to talk of yorubas with agenda every day.

common PIB, which is mostly to encourage local content could not fly

if state control resources, all the northerners and yorubas owning oil blocs in SS will lose it.
Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Teddeebear: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
realjoker:
and you expect buhari to single handedly change the CONSTITUTION.
you are a realjoker just like your name is, i wasn't talking to you, don't bring in silly lines into discussion you know nothing about.
Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by tolexy007(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by realjoker(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Teddeebear:
you are a realjoker just like your name is, i wasn't talking to you, don't bring in silly lines into discussion [b]you know nothing about[b\].
the bold gat me laughing
Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
dis is what evi well meaning nigerian shud be clamouring for.true federalism wil make nigeria an export based economy and all our ports wud be busy cos evi state wud want to export what it produces and there is a market for evi product either local/int'nl.we shud stop spoon feeding states.the last few weak shud give ppl an insight on wat true fed wud do eps wit home made products and dia export ,unfortunately its only because of low oil price evi 1 is tinking outside d box.
Re: Let States Control Oil Resources, Rivers Tells FG by Goke7: 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
Teddeebear:
you are still a kid.

you know a northerner will never accept that, no matter your negotiations, esp when it comes to oil.

Not to talk of yorubas with agenda every day.

common PIB, which is mostly to encourage local content could not fly

if state control resources, all the northerners and yorubas owning oil blocs in SS will lose it.
Your response shows what am talking about, lack of diplomatic tact as you have already concluded that other regions will never agree. But how come they all agree to squander our resources by allocating bogus allowances to themselves, have the ss lawmakers ever objected to the bogus allowances they receive to the detriment of Nigerians.

Whatever makes then to agree in looting our commonwealth can also make them to agree on fiscal federalism. The ss lawmakers are not smart enough They are the problem so who are they representing? Have you not seen the north east lawmakers lobbying to set up a commission to rebuild the relics from book haram destruction.

Wake up man, it is the ss lawmakers that are kids. No one hates them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trouble In Enugu Over Slavery Crisis / The Tallest Christmas Carol Tree Is In Akwa Ibom. Take A Look! / This Is Buhari’s Biggest Failure – Saraki Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.